[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aus NEET Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: ausflag.gif (7 KB, 418x208) Image search: [Google]
ausflag.gif
7 KB, 418x208
Just like yesterday, this calls for an Australian NEET Thread. Last one went well. Wouldn't mind getting to know more of the Aus NEET community.

>State
>Newstart or Disability Support Pension
>Why you're a NEET
>Living circumstances and quality of life
>>
File: aussieaussieaussieoutoutout.png (54 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
aussieaussieaussieoutoutout.png
54 KB, 919x737
This about sums up my feelings.
>>
I was on new-start for about 6 months. But I got sick of the constant appointments and jobseeker interviews and having to look for work.......

So I switched to Aus-Study and now I'm doing a bachelor of criminology online and I no longer have to do any appointments or look for work. Yep, you get Aus-Study for online degrees as well, it's awesome.
>>
>>25455433
>State
Victoria

Neither, yet. Mother's on disability and supports me until I can get onto something, because I'm too neurotically dysfunctional.

>Why you're a NEET
Too neurotically dysfunctional.

It's alright. Brother (also on disability) pays for my Netflix. I have a kindle paperwhite with lots of books. A nice gaming computer.
>>
File: 3391386-8320868906-29536.jpg (363 KB, 900x545) Image search: [Google]
3391386-8320868906-29536.jpg
363 KB, 900x545
>>25455580
good thinkin m8
you may have just helped me solve a sleuth...
>>
>>25455433

I gotta say NEET's, you are probably some of the most well behaved people that contact centrelink. I've been doing customer facing roles with centrelink for the past couple of years, and out of every "group" of people that come in, you are probably the ones that are least likely to cause a mess. You might cry for a bit and say "aw that's shit" but at the very least you realise i am just doing my job. Every single time a roastie comes in with her three kids it always turns into a shitstorm"YOU DUNNO WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE MY LIFE, MUH KIDS, DAVID ONLY PAYS ME 1000 A MONTH IN CHILD SUPPORT AND TYRONE NEEDS NEW NIKE SHOES FOR SCHOOL, or a meth addict who gets kicked off for failing to go to jobsearch appointments I always tend to cop the abuse. I just wanna say kudos to you, my NEET friends for being reasonable for the fact you are getting FREE MONEY
>>
>neet in melb from 18-25
>newstart
>wanted to be
>it was great, sharehouses, drinking, live music, drugs and rooting
got sick of it and got a job years ago
>>
>>25455724
How'd you get a job at CL?
>>
>>25455724
Patience, persistence, but also being a good customer tends to get you what you want from Centrelink, desu. Those who raise shitstorms just get given a harder time.

Surprised to know there's a robot within Centrelink too. Glad to know our reach is far.
>>
>>25455580
>bachelor of criminology

kek
>>
>>25455758

Applied for the grad programme around 5 years ago, got knocked back for that, but afterwards was encouraged to apply for an entry level position, pretty lucky as centrelink along with a lot of the public service had a hiring freeze not long after, centrelink nowadays is big on temps though especially in their call centres, so its pretty easy to get a non ongoing role with centrelink by just going to the website and applying from there. Just make sure that your resume is up to date and that your referees are respected people with careers in their mid- 40s. I'm not even joking about that.
>>
>State
NSW

None, only 18

>Why you're a NEET
Can't work without getting depressed and wanting to suicide. I know I'm a whiny bitch.

living with parents. told a psychologist i would go homeless/kill myself instead of working, so they don't kick me out
>>
>>25455952
Why not just become a NEET instead of serving the overlords?
>>
>>25456030
Man, that sucks.. Reasons for me are mental health but it's not explicitly caused by work. I feel shitty every day and any day. Would give anything to actually be able to work, earn money, and travel a little.
>>
I had a birthday today and my grandpa gave me a Star Wars balloon
>>
>>25456039

More money for anime figures and to attain respect at awkward family Christmas dinners.
>>
>>25456067
Yeah, same. I am still on the verge of suicide as a NEET, but I can distract myself with vidya occasionally to help subside the depression.

I doubt I could ever be happy with friends/gf/money/job either. I want out of this nightmare.
>>
Maybe one day I'll stop being a sack of shit..
>>
>>25455847

The alternative is neet bux which i get nothing out of in the end. Id rather get paid to get a degree in something instead of doing absolutely nothing.
>>
are there any cute perth neets who are going to be my bf/gf
>>
File: 1428527418703.jpg (2 MB, 2046x1446) Image search: [Google]
1428527418703.jpg
2 MB, 2046x1446
>State
South Aus
No autbux
>Why you're a NEET
I'm scared of people, I'm scared of life, I kept telling myself that I'll kill myself early but I've can't, when I think about having to get a job and become an adult I have panic attacks.
Pretty good, I had a job before so I was able to buy pretty much everything I want, I occasionally ask my parents for money to buy a game or something and they buy me durries.
>>
>state
NSW
>autismbux
none
>why im neet
just finished school (yes im 18) and cant be fucked to write a resume, uni starting in 2 months
>living circumstances and quality of life
live in my room, watch the footy every weekend. got all the money I need, got a home gym, go out every now and then
>>
>tfw no Vic NEET gf
>>
>>25457063
live alone or with parents?
>>
>>25455433
>qld
>no longer on dole because i refuse to work 25 hours a week for 10 dollars an hour
>because i dropped out of school when i was 13 and became a hikkikimori
>pretty decent, parents provide living expenses and i have all my dole money since i was 16 saved up (currently 22)

more about myself i'm just your typical weeb who spends his days watching anime and plays the occasional video game. virgin and never had man friends. only got 3 left and even then i hardly see them. every time i ask if they want to get together and just chill they have some bullshit excuse about some party they are going to or some stupid fucking meme band they are going to see
>>
>>25457249
With my parents.
>>
>>25457063
5000?
orig comment mein nigga
>>
>>25457063

Where in SA?
I too am an SA robot
>>
>>25457478
>>25457494
Northern Suburbs.
510*
>>
>>25457350
You're not a hikkikomori. You're a shut-in. A hikkikomori is something that exists in Japan, a faraway and interesting place
>>
>>25457504
Nigga I know you live in Salisbury we all know youre an abo
>>
>>25457607
>Salisbury
Parafield Gardens.
>>
>>25457583
....it's literally the exact same fucking thing you autist
>>
File: checkout.jpg (8 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
checkout.jpg
8 KB, 224x224
>>25457583
Check out this autist.
>>
>State
New Zealand
On Jobseeker, aka the non-autism bucks.
>Why you're a NEET
Because fuck working. Also, the WINZ where I live is nice as fuck, I barely have to search for work at all.
It's pretty nice. I live alone, and I have precicely $0 left after all my weekly and monthly necessities, but I eat pretty well and take care of myself. Been this way for a year and hopefully going into my second.
>>
>>25457653
Notice how this person doesnt deny that he is an abo
>>
>>25455433
Nsw
New start
Depression
Can't complain.
>>
File: 1426585233761.jpg (64 KB, 599x546) Image search: [Google]
1426585233761.jpg
64 KB, 599x546
>>25458034
If I was an abo, I wouldn't even know how to use the internet for anything other than facebook.
>>
Queensland
Newstart

>Why you're a NEET
I hate myself and I want to die. Depression, anxiety and and an incapability to deal with stress without shutting myself off. Off and on again hikki NEET for 5 years.

With parents. Somewhat unwillingly a hikki NEET. I'm looking at taking a TAFE course this year. I tried uni a year or two back and failed miserably. Can't drive. I've got enough money saved to survive without autismbux for probably half a year if I got cut off.

I was thinking of using that money to take a trip overseas somewhere to force myself out of my comfort zone and to actually feel something. I don't know though.
>>
>vic then nt, now moving to brissy
>was on Newstart but the job seeking part made me so incredibly anxious I preferred to just get a job where I can be alone 90% of the day
>I am extremely mentally disturbed, ended up slashing my wrist and having to be ambulanced to hospital. I was on Austudy at the time, had to go to a psych ward and Centrelink refused to pay the ambulance bill for my own suicide attempt because they fucked up my health care card and it was officially issued after the date I attempted. Fucking hate Centrelink so I'm never going back to them ever again, would rather starve
>>
>>25458182
I swear, Centrelink is a piece of shit joke. I hope Finland's basic income scheme turns better results and get implemented here. Cutting out the middle-man that is Centrelink just seems like it's save more and allow for more struggling people to have the basic income they deserve.

Feel the hand I've been dealt in life really isn't fair and I'd see myself become homeless before being able to hold down a job. And I speak from experience, because I've burned through 5 jobs each only lasting a day each before becoming mentally untethered.
>>
>>25458249
This.

I'm on newstart and do not look for the retarded job a day they expect me to look for. That might not sound like much, but it's pretty obviously redundant. If you're applying for thirty jobs a month then what kind of a message does that send to prospective employers? 'Oh, he doesn't even really want to work with us, he's applied everywhere, even completely unrelated jobs.'

If you're applying for one or two jobs a week, and I mean serious applying, that should be enough. That should be fucking ideal. That means you look for a suitable job, with suitable hours, you prepare for it with a cover letter, researching the company, et cetera. You tailor your resume for it and you interview for it.

Centrelink is arbitrary, their offices are fucking massive, with the latest technology, and they have like a hundred staff just picking their fucking ears while I wait for an hour. It's so inefficient, and yet the people who work there look down on me for wanting 'free money huehue'.

Fuck you. I more than cover myself when I work, and given my gender and social standing probably will leave behind ten grand of unclaimed pension. So shove your 'free money' bullshit straight up your fucking arse.
>>
File: 1451643729673.jpg (724 KB, 2988x3915) Image search: [Google]
1451643729673.jpg
724 KB, 2988x3915
>>25458093
I knew an aboriginal cyborg who liked newgrounds, retro games and Diablo 2.
>>
File: 1427346543429.png (10 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427346543429.png
10 KB, 640x480
>>25458393
>I knew an aboriginal

Anon, I...
>>
>>25457151
the gap between finishing high school and going to uni isn't neet it's called a holiday
>>
>>25458456
This. It's a gap year. Or, gap break, if less than a year.
>>
>>25457682
Nah, you're just trying to add soy sauce weeaboo zest to your totally uninteresting problem, shut-in
>>
>>25458796
>soy sauce weeaboo zest
My fucking sides hahahAhaha

So fucking true tho, guess this is what we deserve for shit posting on an imageboard for chink comics or whatever
>>
This country is fucking shit

>Highest housing bubble on earth
>Everything is batshit expensive
>Crime and illicit drug use everywhere
>No infrastructure
>The worst government in the western world that actively sabotages development of technology and renewable energy

Sadly Australians can't go to decent countries because they're too busy paying off their highest mortgages on earth lol
>>
any juicy traps in Melbourne?
>>
>>25459836
Yeah, but NEETbux and housing commission. Feels /comfy/.
>>
>>25455433
>Vic
>No benefits, just richfag due to investments
>Emotionally traumatised from shit i saw as a kid
>Bretty gud
>>
>>25459901
You lucky bastard having good investments. Wish I could've had the mental durability to at least start a small business or two, eventually sell up and retire early.
>>
>>25459836
Well you say that, but we don't usually get shot at for going to school or watching a movie (US) nor do we have to worry about race riots and ultra-conservatism (UK).

It's impossible to get anything decent into Aus (knives, exotic animals, drugs/steroids) but whatever is here is pretty much a feee-for-all (no one cares about piracy, in country areas you can buy a shit tonne of land and pretty mucb do whatever if your neighbor's aren't cunts, etc)

The being said I'd sell my parents into slavery to live in SF California doing programming or something.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.