[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were you happy with your life at age 18? How are you now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (12 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12 KB, 500x320
Were you happy with your life at age 18?

How are you now?
>>
File: 1427592788635.png (201 KB, 405x474) Image search: [Google]
1427592788635.png
201 KB, 405x474
how are his arm and hand doing that?
>>
>>25455348
Well when I was 18 I was a neet with a chubby gf and living the dream
>>
File: smoking-darth-vader.jpg (12 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
smoking-darth-vader.jpg
12 KB, 250x300
Same, same. Still in front of a screen.
>>
>18

i gave up at life at 16
>>
At 18 I burst into tears and realized how truly alone I was in the universe.

At 25 I have no more tears. There is nothing left but a lonely void inside me.
>>
Yes
At 18 I still had the excuse "I'm young, I can do whatever I want"
2 years later and my parents are getting more and more disapointed with me. Getting fired from a job, failing out of college, just being an overall lazy person. Right now I live the semi-neet life as I put zero effort into college and just use my computer all day. My life is so fucked, I really don't know what to do. I truly envy people born autistic and get paid from the government. Fuck.
>>
>just got a car
>just for sworn in to the Navy
>just made out with my longtime crush and advanced into relationship status

Now
>fighting off depression
>no car
>haven't felt the touch of another human being for 6 years
>>
I am 28 and enjoy life more now. I hated life at 18.

What changed?

>I lost bodyfat
>I gained muscle
>I started tanning
>I got a degree
>I got 2 dogs
>I built a fully decked out home gym
>I actually have a decent wardrobe now
>I have a ton of money saved in the bank

I'm still a HHKV with no friends though, but at least I've improved myself in other ways. I can't imagine ever having any kind of relationship/connection/intimacy with another human being though.
>>
>>25455509
Oh and I finally got Gladiator in WoW.
>>
i was really depressed at 18
i think im even better right now despite my hardcore anxiety
>>
>>25455348
I think I just felt ADD all the time and didn't really think or feel emotions. Now I can feel them and I feel content at a place in life where everyone around me is saying that I should not feel content in.
>>
File: 1445319289147.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445319289147.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>25455348
>18
>mom was still alive
>did nothing but played vidya all day and cartoons

>23 now
mom is dead
>in school
>relatives complain i dont have a job
>no money
life is shitty right now but hey at least i have a good gaming rig
>>
>>25455502
How was the navy?
>>
>>25455659
>life is shitty right now but hey at least i have a good gaming rig
my nigger
>>
>>25455348
I am 18, and no I am not happy.
>>
18 was when my life changed completely.

I graduated high school, which was god awful, started traveling the world, made hundreds of friends, went to college, had lots of sex and fun and got As and loved life and everything was great.

Then somehow things got messed up again but that was the best time of my life.
>>
18 now. Never had a gf (not too bad relative to other robots). Shit in school, my parents see me as a failure. My life is going nowhere, I kinda want to die but i'm afraid of death at the same time.
Guess i'm doin pretty normal.
>>
>>25455482
>There is nothing left but a lonely void inside me.
What have you tried filling it with these days?
>>
>>25455348
>graduate high school
>no money for college
>no job
>dont care about anything
>be forced to move around alot because poverty
Strangely the years when my life was most volatile (18-21) were the years where I had any success with women. It's been all downhill since then.
>>
>>25455348

>18
Weak, naive faggot of a man. Spent all my time playing video games, socially awkward with no hope of ever achieving much. Not happy.

>Now, 25
Decent job, still play too much vidya, getting /fit/, more confidence, better outlook on life

It seems to be getting better
>>
File: jAhC06F.jpg (200 KB, 845x814) Image search: [Google]
jAhC06F.jpg
200 KB, 845x814
I turned 19 in November. Everything is exactly the fucking same.
>>
>>25457367
watch your time now friend, it runs pretty fast and these are the determining years of your life. Dont waste them like I did
>>
I am 18 and i guess I'm okay. Doing pretty good in school, and i even had 4 gfs so far but 2 stuck around for 1 month and the other 2 were insane, both of those were huge whores. Now I'm single and I realize college is much different with ridiculous competition for girls, and i have too much pride to demean myself by performing like a dog to impress some used up cunt
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.