[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: gay.jpg (59 KB, 1100x698) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
59 KB, 1100x698
do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone you've never met in person?
>>
>>25455291
You wouldn't be falling in love with the person then, only your own idea of them
>>
>>25455291
Yes, if by love you mean infatuation. Don't read too much into it, though. It can only end in tears.
>>
Whenever I talk shit about women on the Internet, I always have to add an asterisk for this one girl I know who is fucking amazing.
>>
>>25455291
maybe, seems to have worked for vegan gains
>>
>>25455291
Yes, especially in this era with modern means of communication.
>>
>>25455319
I mean people with whom you have a lot of interaction, albeit by use of the internet and phones.

I would argue you can learn enough of a person that you wouldn't be falling in love with simply the "idea" of them at this point.

But I would also argue that without meeting them, you're missing out on a great deal of their mannerisms that may have a strong effect on your feelings.

>>25455325
>Yes, if by love you mean infatuation
how would you personally compare/contrast the two?

>>25455394
Why do you think so?
>>
>>25455413
Well with things such as Skype, Facetime, etc. you can simulate every non-physical aspect of a relationship. For certain people that's enough to develop a love for someone else.
>>
>>25455413
>how would you personally compare/contrast the two?
Infatuation is just a feeling that subsides when you actually get to know a person and get comfortable with them.
>>
>>25455291

I don't see why not.

Love is just a certain combination of neurotransmitters being released and mentally projected onto something. Someone could theoretically "fall in love" with their toaster.
>>
>>25455291
>do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone you've never met in person?

sure you can, the tricky part is what happens when you meet IRL
>>
>>25455504
Do you think it would be possible to get to know a person and get comfortable with them without meeting them IRL?

I would wager you can. I'm quite comfortable with many of my internet friends and feel they know me and I know them very well.

>>25455582
What if two people fall in love via the Internet and never meet IRL?
>>
>>25455539
That's a very true, but also very autistic answer.
>>
>>25455539
>He doesn't love his toaster
Average person, please vacate these premises.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
>>
>>25455638

I'm not disregarding love or anything. It's a very good feeling and I'm glad that I'm capable of feeling it. But, sometimes you have to detach from everything and view things reasonably.
>>
>>25455623
then you have a platonic relationship.
>>
Tangling up those crossover cables is gonna fuck up that switch.
>>
>>25455291
No doubt anon, that's why you need to keep away from online relationships.
>>
>>25455682
Platonic would imply no sexual aspects to it. What if they engage in sexual activities such as webcam stripping/masturbating?
>>
>>25455291
yeah

source: i've done it like twenty times

this one hasn't broken my heart yet, hopefully everything goes well when we eventually meet ;_;
>>
I fell in ( What I think was) love with someone from a different country.

Typically, it didn't work out. I'm a KHV so I really didn't give a shit if we couldn't meet. Having someone to talk to is amazing by itself
>>
>>25455726
still platonic imo, you are not actually fucking each other.
>>
Yeah I've been in a trans atlantic LDR for years now. We visit often and visits last a month plus usually. We both stay in our own countries to focus on our education/careers.

We were friends for about a year before we got in a relationship, and then about another year till we first met. Can't tell you if I 'loved' them before we met, but I certainly do now :- )
>>
Of course, losing my internet GF ruined me so bad I wrecked my entire life. You don't need to make eye contact to form an emotional bond.
>>
of course it is possible, my friend told me about her, so we started chatting for a long time, then I got friendzoned by her and I fell into depression for half a year
>>
File: ;^).gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
;^).gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>25455730
Good the fuck luck mate : ^ )
>>
>>25455291
Absolutely. Love is a feeling you have yourself. You can fall in love with anything. It's all just bullshit anyhow.
>>
>>25455623
Not really, no. There's a whole other dimension that comes with being around someone physically. That's not to say that you can't still have a significant connection with someone without meeting them, but even so a substantial piece is going to be missing.
>>
>>25455291
I was born to love someone who I will never meet
>>
I don't see why not. I fell in love with a girl who doesn't even exist.
Not an anime thing. I made her up when I was twelve because I was lonely and could only get people to talk to me if they thought I was a girl. Over the last thirteen years she's grown more as a person than I have and I just wish she was real so we could be together. She probably wouldn't want me anyway, though.
>>
>>25455291
Yes. Met my wife online. E dated for a year.
>>
File: internet romance.png (321 KB, 1317x2117) Image search: [Google]
internet romance.png
321 KB, 1317x2117
I am just going to place this right here.
>>
>>25455793
you obviously don't understand what the world 'platonic' means
>>
>>25456460
define it for me pls
>>
I think true love is only obtainable between two former childhood friends or acquaintances
>>
>>25456131
This is an amazing story waiting to be told.
>>
>>25456468
intimate but not sexual.

There is an entire world of ways to get sexual without PIV sex
>>
>>25456513
you actually typed PIV as if it were acceptable language.

It's coitus, or intercourse, or fucking.

grow up kid. r9k is 18+
>>
>>25456636
Which is easier to type?
>>
>>25456705
Retard alert
Sound the bells
>>
>>25455291
Maybe for you but not for me.
It varies people in people.
>>
>>25455291
Yes. See: waifus.
>>
File: shit_posting.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shit_posting.gif
32 KB, 250x250
I fell in love with a girl I met online. On 4chan actually.

Though it was quite a fluke of the universe in that we're legitimate soul mates, I believe.

Ask me anything.
>>
File: 142.jpg (63 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
142.jpg
63 KB, 622x521
>>25457114
>tfw you're into dolls, j-fash, weeb shit and vidya
>tfw 99% of shy shut in girls are into one of these topics
>mfw they think we're soulmates because they finally found someone online into the same hobbies
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.