[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will technology make work obsolete in our lifetime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1451259543605.gif (197 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
1451259543605.gif
197 KB, 400x289
Will technology make work obsolete in our lifetime?
>>
>>25454774
No. We might be the last generation to die too
>>
The killing machines that come for us.

Can't work when dead
>>
>>25454774
No, someone will always need to maintain machines and repair them
>>
>>25455432
>implying robots wont eventually do that too
>>
>>25454774
I can't support my family on minimum wage.
>>
>>25454774
Doubt it. But I'm sure when that day comes, the elites will kill the rest of the species.
>>
technological progress is slpwer than it could be because of work
the industrial revolution could have happened in ancient greece but the porkies decided that slaver costed less
>>
>>25454774
technology works to make life obsolete
>>
It will make most work obsolete. The result would be the arbiters of business, the maintainers of automation and the producers of greater means of efficiency being the only people actually employed, in the developed world. The rest of society would be lower middle to middle-class, subsidized by the profits of automation to simply exist, buying and consuming, keeping the economy circulating on a mostly fixed income.

This of course doesn't mesh with the neo-liberal economic model we've been pushing since the 80's and so what you'll see instead is a mass of low-wage jobs, regardless of most skill and education, with the main segment of society working 64 hour or so weeks with extreme competition against subsidized foreign labor for the privilege of paying a mortgage until they die.
>>
File: OR2DWaifu.jpg (68 KB, 540x364) Image search: [Google]
OR2DWaifu.jpg
68 KB, 540x364
>>25456724
For the most part, it already has.
>>
Eventually life itself will be automaton and there won't the human race will die.

I, for one welcome our new robotic overlords.
>>
>>25456814
Technology can't emulate love. At least, not yet.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.