[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss message boards. I miss when the Internet was a smaller,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
I miss message boards.
I miss when the Internet was a smaller, simpler place.
>>
I still visit forums, comrade.

http://lifein19x19.com/forum/
>>
>>25454294
Back then the normalfags were confined to the gated communities of Aol and Geocities. Now they're let rampant like a bunch of stampeding cattle.
>>
Just use Luelinks, unless you're a faggot and can't get in.
>>
>>>reddit is still alive and well
>>
File: DO NOT WANT.jpg (74 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT WANT.jpg
74 KB, 380x380
>>25454544
>A place that literally brands itself as "The Front Page of the Internet
>>
I mean there are still tons of smaller message boards about whatever.
>>
File: 1429763830232.gif (1019 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1429763830232.gif
1019 KB, 500x373
>tfw watching all your old forums get less and less posts till only you and another member are left
>tfw go back and see it was shat up by bots years ago
>tfw all your old online friends are gone and you realize you used them instead of making real friends and now your all alone
>tfw dont bother making online friends anymore because you know eventually it will fizzle out just like before
>>
>>25454294

>old message boards
>old chatrooms

I miss the pre-facebook internet.

Sure, it was slower and I'm sure that going back to a regular message board after 4chan would seem slow and boring... but there was something fun about them.

Web forums had "flame wars" and it was funny as shit to see people fly off the handle. The "u mad" meme wasn't around yet, so people used to get in these ridiculous arguments and insult the shit out of each other when someone was proven wrong, instead of just playing the "oh, well... I'm more smug and disinterested and I care less about this than you, u mad lol."

Of course "trolling" wasn't a well-known thing so you could say lots of outlandish shit and people wouldn't say shit like "oh you're just a troll," most of the forum or chat would take it seriously.

One thing that really bothers me about the new internet is that just about EVERYTHING is tied to social media now. See an article? Want to leave a comment? Nope, you can't just create a simple username or post as a guest, you have to sign in with facebook, twitter or some other fucking social media.
>>
>>25454294
>powerboards
hah, so much shit i wrote as kid is buried on powerboards
and may it never ever be fucking found

there was definitely something different about it before the normie storm, the neverending september of the interweb with everyone flocking to facebook and all the shit sites that wanted a piece of the facebook cake
>>
>>25454294
You and me both. I miss when the internet was separate from real life, not an extension of it for the convenience of normies.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.