[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If /r9k/ was my father what advice would you give me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 202x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 202x308
I just turned 18 an hour ago. Have been lurking the board since I was 15 so it feels good to finally be truthful about my age.

It's weird thinking I'm legally an adult and will be treated as an adult for now on. Does it ever get less weird?

Anyway as you can guess from the thread title my dad split town when I was born, and I will most likely never meet him. My step dad is a complete asshole and I hope he dies.

This board and /pol/ have pretty much been my father figure for the last few years as sad as it sounds, but have in return given me a harsh but accurate worldview, and also advice that led to me getting my first kiss over the summer (am still a virgin though).

I know this is probably the most autistic thing you'll see tonite, but as a young man about to go to college next year, what advice would you give me (can be about anything) if I was your son.
>>
>/r9k/ and /pol/ are your father figures

You are most likely one fucked up individual.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 298x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 298x427
>>25453883
That is very true
>>
>>25453936
My only advice is to get out and to never come back. Maybe you can fix some of the damage.
>>
>>25453838
dont go to college
>>
>>25454094
I won't have to pay a cent for it so I figure I might as well go if I'm not going into debt for it.
>>
>>25454094
Do it, but only if you're 100% certain that's what you want to be doing, and will continue to be passionate about for the next several years.

Otherwise your money will definitely be better off saving for retirement
>>
>>25454195
Get off the internet it probably made you stupid as fuck and the shit you learn on here does not count for the real world
>>
>>25453838
Have a hobby that you enjoy. No, 4chan isn't a hobby.
>>
Hello young man. Despite your horrible judgement in asking for advice from the internet in general, and us in particular I will help you.

1. If you are going to college ensure that your program will lead to employment. Everything you can learn at school that does not lead to a professional designation can be learned for free over the net.

2. You will fuck up, as you are a young man of limited experience. Don't do so in a way that can recorded on the internet. As long as Johnny law doesn't care and it isn't recorded don't worry about it. Its OK.

3. Use the facilities at your college to build your physical and mental health. Counselling is free, competent, and readily available. Sounds like you might benefit so grab it with both hands.

Alright my brave son/random autist. Get out there!
>>
Don't reveal your power level
>>
Best advice I can give you is to get off this loser board, it is depressing and will only reinforce the worst things in you.
>>
ricky? Is that you?
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 800x500
>>25454052
I'm beyond fixing trust me, I'm not even trying to sound edgy, but I am by my friends words "fucked in the head". But yeah I'm one of the guys that takes /pol/ seriously. I don't want to say to much beyond that because big brother is always watching and I'm not on any proxies right now.
>>
>>25453838
There are countless reddit threads on this
>wear a condom
>go to your professor's office hours
>learn to cook one meal perfectly
>take a shower everday
>have a good bottle of perfume ready for special occasions
MOST IMPORTANTLY
>Don't form your opinions based on /pol/'s ideologies. Think for yourself and form your own opinions
>>
Never put the toilet seat down. Let these stupid bitches fall in the toilet.
>>
File: 1451524482026.jpg (15 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1451524482026.jpg
15 KB, 250x243
>going to /pol/ and /r9k/ at 15

i think im finally starting to realise what kind of damage we can really do to someone
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 423x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 423x435
>>25454202
I wanted to join the marines but now their letting broads onto the front lines so I can't even pretend I'm a great Aryan warrior and not some kikes slave dog. Now what I wanna do is start a business of my own so I don't have to answer to any kike boss so I'm gonna study finance like Teflon don or something like that and learn how to do business.

>>25454222
I play rugby which really lets me get my anger out.

>>25454238
Thanks fellow robot brother. And yeah the programs I'm looking at I should be able to get a job from or at least I hope so.

>>25454244
Very true

>>25454272
No

>>25454211
Probably true
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
>>25454337
>reddit
Fuck off faggot

>>25454385
Kek

>>25454412
I fine with who I am now. I prefer it over who I was before. I probably would've ended up as some blue pilled beta orbiter (or rather was) if I hadn't started coming here.

Actually I nearly ended up as a stoner fag b/c people thought I looked just like one. I'm still bros with a couple of those guys but I've mostly formed this inbetweeners type group since then and I'm happy with it.
>>
File: 1437449556356.jpg (74 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1437449556356.jpg
74 KB, 333x500
>>25453838
If something in your life isn't working, do something different. ANYTHING different. Research the problem and keep trying solutions. Do not sit and fester.

Become a master of something. Go read the book "Mastery" by Robert Greene and follow its advice.

If you're on the fence about an opportunity, say "yes" and take it. The choice you say "no" to today will be the choice that, looking back, ruined your life and led you to mediocrity.

If there's anything you are really, really passionate about, do it wholeheartedly instead of anything else.
>>
>>25453838
After reading your posts in this thread, I have come to the realization that there is no advice that will help you. Why do you want advice anyway? You've already been redpilled on everything in the world, right, faggot?
>>
>reading this thread

poor fucking 18 year old anon.
>>
File: 1435772219876.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1435772219876.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>25453838
>Does it ever get less weird?
No m8 it gets even worse
trust me
>>
>>25454889
sorry m8 it's a joke
Happy birthday bro
>>
>>25454238

This is all pretty solid advice that I was gonna say. You're gonna fuck up so don't take it too hard. You're gonna have problems, everyone has them, and there's nothing wrong with getting some help if you feel like you need it. Don't fall prey to echo chambers (ironic saying that on here)

And this is something my own father told me many, many times while I was a child growing up and I never really appreciated it until into my 20s:

It doesn't matter if you're running or crawling, as long as you keep moving forward on the road of life.

Don't ever stop, don't ever give up, don't ever quit, don't be too hard on yourself, and don't be too easy on yourself.
>>
I'm recently 18 too. As of a few weeks ago. Been browsing 4chan since I was 12, only came to /r9k/ 2-3 years ago and have always browsed /pol/ occasionally.

I never liked my father. He was in the house but he was never really around if that makes sense. He's an asshole who is a black hole on your soul and happiness and my mom has recently had enough so they're gone.

I wouldn't say 4chan is my father really, never felt that way. It's more like an older brother and my closest friends. After elementary school ended I had no friends, and in my last year of highschool I only have aquantinces really
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x667
>>25454811
>redpilled on everything

I'm obviously dumb fuck with no real world experience. I'm smart enough to know that. Plenty of advice in this thread has been good. Also to a degree this was for sentimental reasons b/c as I said before I see /r9k/ as a father figure to a degree and I thought it would be nice to feel like I had an older mentor telling how to do life.

>>25454881
Just curious which part do you find the saddest?

>>25454889
Thanks m8
>>
File: antijoke.jpg (32 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
antijoke.jpg
32 KB, 800x800
>>25453838
>I'm 30 and I wish I had this advice at 18.

>Don't overthink opportunities(work any job given, even help desk.)

>Save money don't waste it on animu and cons(very hard if you play le animu fighting games and rhythm games).

>You don't have to move out straight away, you just need a talent or skill to git gud at(My sister is a bigger robot than I am, she can fake emotions around normies).

>Focus on yourself/your needs and not others(yes you will lose favor with family,employers and friends this shouldn't bother you if you have self determination).

>I did the above 5 years ago and I am salvaging barely anything(Too little to late).
>>
File: thats bullshit.jpg (260 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
thats bullshit.jpg
260 KB, 570x558
>>25453838
>/pol/
>harsh but accurate worldview
>>
File: city pimp.png (506 KB, 646x1542) Image search: [Google]
city pimp.png
506 KB, 646x1542
>>25453838
go to pol less , cultivate interests in other boards
like /o/ , /ck/ , /fit/ ect

eat well , move more , love and be kind to yourself

happy birthday!
>>
>>25454722
>>25454928
>>25455154
Thanks bros. I really appreciate all of this.
>>
>>25455154
>sister is a bigger robot than I am

Women can be robots. Even if she is weak willed, soft spoken, craven, and has the personality of a wet sponge it doesn't matter. Women can get away with all that more than men can
>>
>>25454461
you're probably cynical as fuck but not too far gone, honestly a good time for you m8.

You have to be fucking confident dude, just take that shit you typed and go do it, starting a business and what have you. You probably feel a bit smarter/wiser than others and its probably true you just gotta put in the legwork to abuse that fact.
sacrifice some now gain a lot later
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1200x1494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1200x1494
>>25455195
I lurk /fit/ sometimes. If I owned a gun I would definetly join /k/.

Thanks robot bro. I hope you have a happy Sunday too.
>>
always save money
don't smoke or drink
learn how to fight
only get a gf when ur old enough to marry
>>
>>25453838
When you get to the point that you want to move out, remember one thing.

You never REALLY know someone until you live with them.

I've lost a very close friend because of this.
>>
>>25455373
Could you explain a little more what happened with your? Me and my best friend are probably gonna room together in college. Would be helpful to know how this is a bad idea so I can determine whether or not I should room with my friend.
>>
Don't be a pushover when it comes to your belief or who you are. Be open-minded, be willing to hear others, but don't get bullied or fall into groupthink. People have a habit of siding with what is perceived to be majority opinion/thought/feeling regardless of whether it's actually true or right.
Don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong though. Be willing to be critical of yourself, it's how you improve.
>>
>>25454296
Jesus Christ.
>takes /pol/ seriously
>unironically says big brother
7 years from now, you'll look back and cringe. I know you won't believe me, as you always think you know best. Good luck with life, senpai. Pretty embarrassing
>>
>>25454637
This is actually good advice though>>25454337

You're parroting memes and basically following other people's thoughts because it's not mainstream and you think it makes you smarter than everyone else. It's fucking embarrassing m8
>>
>>25454637
>blue-pilled beta orbiters
>people actually think like this
5edgy. Can I join you sekrit club?
>>
>>25453838
Maybe /r9k/, MAYBE, but /pol/ probably turned you into a fucking stormie, so I have no respect for you, to be quite truthful, relative.
>>
>>25453838
>I just turned 18 an hour ago.
It's all downhill from there, mate. Adult life's some bad shit. Avoid as much work as possible, but don't be lazy when you do have to work. In fact, try to be exceptional. Lazy people always complain that hard work isn't often rewarded, and they're not entirely wrong, but your chances of doing well for yourself are much better if you actually ARE a solid performer. What's more is that you'll actually feel better about yourself, and whatever it is that you do.

Never lie as an adult. It's too fucking complicated. If you really must lie, you'll have to keep a journal of your lies and memorize them to actually benefit. Speaking of lying, politics is for ideologues, followers, and corporations. If you're sane, just smile, nod, and casually hope that the lot of them die painfully. Otherwise, you'll wake up one day at in your late twenties, and realize that you wasted the most enjoyable part of your adult life being wind in the sails of some fringe group's lost cause or a pawn of your betters. Build a calm center, learn to identify and critique ideology, and learn to see yourself as an observer rather than an actor.

Remember that most people are petty, arrogant, incompetent, vindictive, and acquisitive to the point of absurdity. You'll think they matter at first, but they don't. They're just doomed, desperate, scared animals. You probably don't really feel how short and empty life is, but you'll see when you get to where I am. No amount of property, power, or praise will ever make the naked reality of our lives any less depressing. Some find solace in religious notions, but I never could.

Women and the drosera plant have much in common. That is all I'll say on women.
>Does it ever get less weird?
Well, I'm 27, and it still feels weird. So, probably not.
>My step dad is a complete asshole and I hope he dies.
Don't bother with people you don't like. They're not even worth the investment that hatred requires.
>>
>>25456285
Thanks m8. Probably the most honest answer in the thread. Heres to getting through life on step at a time.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.