[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now you have a job, you can't afford anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: regret.jpg (113 KB, 970x714) Image search: [Google]
regret.jpg
113 KB, 970x714
Hypothetically, say you want to get a sword, like this one for example.
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=ANR9&name=Albion+Trajan+Gladius

Expertly made by one of the best high quality sword makers out there. It costs 800 dollars.

OK, you got a Mcjob now, if you put aside a little bit of money each paycheck, you will save up. But you got bills to pay and gas and food to buy... so lets put aside... say, 10 dollars each paycheck, and you get payed every 2 weeks. That's 10 for every 14 days.

800 divided by 10 is 80, that's the number of paychecks, that times 14 is 1120, the number of days it takes to save up, or that divided by the number of days in a year, 365, equals the amount of time it takes to save up for my sword, about 3 years. Fuck.

Substitute that for whatever hobby you are into. Maybe you want to visit japan? or own a nice car?
>>
its called credit kid jesus christ
>>
>>25453623
>borrowing money to pay for things you don't really need.
>>
>>25453667
I wouldnt call a person who buys swords my friend desu senpai
>>
>working such a shitty, menial job that you can't actually afford a shit tier $800 sword
>>
you can without food for at least a couple weeks man, learn to cut corners dude.
>>
>>25453623
Careful Anon. Credit is a trap. It CAN be a useful tool, but unless you're making enough to make the payments with ease, it's a gateway to financial ruin.
>>
>>25454015
This is true, credit can be terrible.
>>
>>25453599
I already have a sword OP. Link related.

Helps that I'm an army officer though. Well, didn't get me a discount, still paid 1000 pounds for it, but I have a reason to own it. Not a weeb loser who wants a katana to put in his trenchcoat.

http://pooleysword.com/en/Royal_Artillery_Officers%27_Sword
>>
>>25454015
>>25454369
If you never make it, then it doesn't matter. You'll struggle until you die. Might as well enjoy something now, than never at all.
>>
That's why I still live with my parents, despite making a decent amount.

Every paycheck is pretty much pure profit outside of what I give to my parents to help them out. Shits great. No debt or anything to worry about. Even visited Singapore last year.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.