[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. The female protagonist is a naturally great pilot. With no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: JewJew Abrams.jpg (114 KB, 763x753) Image search: [Google]
JewJew Abrams.jpg
114 KB, 763x753
1. The female protagonist is a naturally great pilot. With no training or experience she's as good as anyone we've seen at piloting the Millennium Falcon.

2. The female protagonist has more powerful mind tricks than anyone else in the movie (possibly in the history of Star Wars), with no training or experience

3. The female protagonist can naturally resist the mind tricks of a Sith Lord, with no training or experience

4. The female protagonist can hold her own in a lightsaber battle with a Sith Lord, with no training or experience

5. The female protagonist is naturally awesome with a laser blaster, with no training or experience

6. The female protagonist is naturally brilliant at everything and she has no weaknesses

7. The female protagonist doesn't need anybody's help, she's better than everyone else at everything anyway
>>
>>25453384
>1. The female protagonist is a naturally great pilot. With no training or experience she's as good as anyone we've seen at piloting the Millennium Falcon.
I'm reading Before the Awakening right now and in that book Rey just plays on a flight simulator in all her free time as she has nothing else to do besides scavenge.
>>
File: 1444438398804.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1444438398804.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>25453384
Dat face.
>>
>>25453436
Great, 6 more steaming piles of bullshit to clean then
>>
>>25453436
I play Kerbal and that doesnt make me a good astronaut or better than one with real experience.
>>
Should I be a pilot? It's like 10 year commitment but fuck how many people can say they flew a fucking fighter plane
>>
She's a cutie. I wanna give her a hug.
>>
File: 1451368126779.gif (222 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
1451368126779.gif
222 KB, 200x235
1. she played in a flight simulator as a kid

2-5. power of the force, also kylo ren isn't fully commited to dark side

6-7. she got captured so she obviously has weakness

If this was a boy you wouldn't be typing this, you sperg retard. In fact a new hope played out pretty similarly as far as Luke being extremely resourceful. U mad?
>>
>>25453520
You'll probably end up flying tankers or worst case, a drone from a desk. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1317414798578.jpg (21 KB, 262x337) Image search: [Google]
1317414798578.jpg
21 KB, 262x337
I saw the film on new years.

>mfw the way she maneuvered the millennium falcon

When she did that flip/half loop thing and cut the engines off I actually contemplated walking out.
>>
>>25453639
Luke is the son of ANAKIN FUCKING SKYWALKER
>>
>>25453384
8. The female protagonist is not a mary sue, and you're an oppressive shitlord for even considering it.
>>
>>25453664
He wasn't Vader's son in A New Hope. Lucas didn't think of that until one of the final drafts of Empire.
>>
>>25453657
Honestly, they could've included the flight simulator as a scene in the fucking movie.
As to not leave a gaping fucking plothole you need to search for background lore to fill.
The rest of the shit enraged me though, including the fucking comedy they had to throw in every 0.54 nano seconds especially since it was shit humor, "What does one of those things looks like"
>Ayy Lmao Appears
"It looks like that"
Theater breaks out laughing
>>
File: cyka blyat.png (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cyka blyat.png
49 KB, 500x500
>>25453701
...Which retroactively makes him Vader's son in all the fucking movies, you complete and utter fucking idiot
>>
>>25453664
muh midochlorians
>>
>>25453731
So you'll retroactively be ok with Rey's strong Force abilities if she turns out to be Luke's daughter in the next movie?
>>
>>25453731
K retard. we don't know female protagonist's parents. Luke might be her dad
>>
>>25453722
It was a long movie as it is. I'm interested in seeing the deleted scenes.
>>
File: 1449627238672.png (267 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1449627238672.png
267 KB, 800x820
>>25453722
>I am a killjoy
>>
Why would they remake episode 4?

the expanded universe has dozens of interesting characters and stories. they could have used literally any of them and it would have been 100x better

so disappointing
>>
>only male characters are allowed to be inherently good at things or learn how to do stuff quickly
>>
File: 1394836784653.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1394836784653.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>25453790
>wanting things to make sense makes you "killjoy"
Are you saying you derived joy from that shit film?
>>
>>25453760
Jew Jew Abrams gets lazy and recreates Vaders father reveal scene, except this time its a fucking joke.
REN
WHAT REY
REN, I AM YOUR COUSIN
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
*Insert 90's sitcom laughter here*
*Theater takes it as cue to laugh themselves*
*I die a little inside*
>>
>>25453804
Only males can be good at things and learn to do new thing.

Females brains have too much grey matter.
>>
>>25453804
I know you're baiting, but what is the deal with people saying this?

I have no problem with a female heroin, hell I play as a female every chance I get in a video game.

It's just complete bullshit with the amount of shit she pulled off in the film.
>>
File: ayy.png (604 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
604 KB, 640x633
>>25453458
LMAOriginal comment
>>
>>25453808
I was referring to the fact that the things other people find funny make you angry. Maybe don't watch movies if you're just gonna be a huge faggot when they cater to the general public instead of an autistic nerd
>>
>Good at fixing things
>Connects with droids
>Great pilot
>Naturally strong with the Force

This description works for all of the Star Wars protagonists. Firs Luke, then Anakin, and now Rey.
>>
>>25453384
1.Flight simulators or whatever, I don't really but it but its better than no explanation

2.probably was trained as a little kid

3.Kylo Ren isn't a sith Lord you dip, and he wasn't using mind tricks, he was torturing her mind with the force, basically the dark sides form of Jedi mind tricks, but hed most likely never done it on anyone as force sensitive as her

4.once again, not a sith lord, and he was severly injured

5.No she isn't, she gets a few shots in at a pretty close range, but never really showed a sign of absolute expertise

6.Very naive, truly believes her family will return to jakku, so I wouldn't say no weaknesses.

7.I agree on this, she always gave off a "I'm a powerful womyn that needs no help from men! :^)" vibe. For example in the scene when those two weird sandpeople tried to take bb8 she just picked their asses with no struggle was really dumb.

I still think she's a Mary Sue too though
>>
>>25453790
Listen, if they wanted to make jokes every scene, the jew writers could've atleast put some heart into them.
Not constant fucking irony, chuckled the first time
Cringed every other time, which totalled 69.96 times
>>
>>25453840
You obviously have a problem with a female heroin. What "bullshit" are you talking about that you would call out a male protagonist for?
>>
>>25453664
Is the force based on genetics?
>>
>>25453881
Your opinion dissents from the general public, so your input is obviously irrelevant since the purpose of a film is to make money by appealing to as broad an audience as possible.
>69.96 times
You fucking autist
>>
>>25453436
>reading Before the Awakening
There is literally no fucking excuse to have to read a fucking book to enjoy a movie.
I didn't have to read shit to understand a new hope.

>tfw you were born in 1991 and will never see the noncuck version of the original trilogy
>>
>>25453925
Well, Anakin's father literally is the Force.
>>
>>25453804
Sword art online is a male equivalent and that always gets shit talked.
But there's no point in arguing, no matter what's said, if a woman is criticized, it can only be because she's a woman to idiots like you.
>>
>>25453815
>everyone is stupid except me
you have some introspection to do
>>
>>25453925
Yeah, from the looks of things, The inherited evil from Vader thing they pulled with Ren was a bit retarded though, as they show that Vader wasn't born evil, just made that way through a series of events.
>>
>>25453639
Luke isn't good at shit in a new hope. Literally the only thing he does is the trench run. At no other point does he show an aptitude for anything until RotJ
>>
>>25453933
You didn't have a problem with Luke being a great pilot in A New Hope despite him being a farm boy all his life, but you do with Rey?
>>
>>25453639
Luke trained his ass off and still lost a hand the first time he fought Vader. He only managed to face him and Palpatine after even more training and soul-searching, and he almost died then too. All he could do really well is shoot.
>>
>>25453928
So, are you telling me you actually liked the humor in the film?
>>
>>25453877

>2.probably was trained as a little kid

I've seen this too many times to count, and the fact is she did not have mind tricks, saber skills and telekinesis by the time she was dumped on Jakku at 5 fucking years old.

She's just a cheap Mary Sue but I still want to feed her and tuck her in at night.

>>25453937

>Well, Anakin's father literally is the Force.

relevant funny shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
>>
I liked the film and liked Fin and that awesome homosexual Poe who is obviously a sith but that last fucking part at the end where Ray fucks up Ben ruined everything and made me retroactively hate the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>25453968
Are you really gonna disregard the entire fucking ending of a new hope, you know, where he blows up the death star, you prick
>>
If you were a real star wars fan you'd realize that Anakin in the prequels was 10x more OP than this bitch. You're just whining like a faggot because a girl is a main character.
>>
>>25453997
>vader == kylo ren

>>25454000
that's irrelevant, but i thought the movie was entertaining
>>
>>25453885

not him, but Luke actually had to be fuckin trained before he could do the shit Rey does with no effort.

Stop playing off bad writing as muh-soggy-knee.
>>
>>25453981
>>25454019

He isn't really a great pilot. Think about the fight, other than the actual trench run which he only manages because Han bails him out and the one storm trooper freaks out he doesn't really do anything. We don't see him being a great pilot or fighter with the xwing. We don't see him getting any other kills. We just see him going for the trench run and Han saving him.
>>
>>25453964
It isn't them laughing that kills me inside, thats just extra salt in the wound.
What kills me is they likely hood of Abrams just recreating that same scenario and then shitting on it by making it jokey and retarded. Rather than actually write a better more memorable plot that could be cherished, he just wants to recreate old tropes and just milk the money.
Tl:dr I'm pissed because the Jew writers have no artistic integrity.
>>
File: ayy.png (600 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
600 KB, 640x633
>>25453849
here's a better version I don't care if you don't care I spent time doing this and I'm going to post it
>>
>>25454048
It is relevant, you're shitting on me for not liking the humor in the film. So you must have a reason for defending it.
>>
>>25454048
Vader wasn't taking Luke seriously, he could have and would have killed Luke if he were any threat to him.
>>
>>25454059
you still haven't listed a single example. Stop playing off inferiority complex to muh-feminism
>>
>ITT Dumbcucks try to defend their Mary Jew protagonist waifu
>>
As it stands now, it's pretty poorly explained. Her being able to take down Kylo Ren is partly explainable by Ren having sustained a blaster shot to the side and getting sliced by Finn at least once, making him physically at a disadvantage. I got the feeling the whole movie he rebelled from Luke's mentorship fairly early into his training, and thus wasn't a terribly good Jedi/Sith Lord. No one in the entire movie fully trusts him with anything, the General treats him like shit, and the giant hologram boss guy treats him as through he isn't fully ready.

None of that explains her ludicrously fast force abilities though. Best they'll probably do is that she had been one of the young padawans at Luke's school and then was abandoned on Jakku, and then repressed the memories or had them surpressed to try and keep her safe, and when she was in peril she tapped into it.
>>
>>25454131
No, its turned more into
>ITT Dumbcucks try to defend their Jew Writer Sensei
>>
Everyone seems to be turning a blind eye to the Mary Sue protagonist. Whatever the other faults of TFA, including being basically just a bigger ANH featuring that irritating "hip" and "young" way of speaking he used in the Star Trek movies as well, it's Rey that I really couldn't overlook.
>>
>>25453384
The only way this could ever hope to redeemed is if she turns to the dark side and becomes a perfect sith lord. I doubt Abrams would hurt the wittle girls he's trying to inspire by having a long game plot twist like that, but it would turn this Mary Sue trash into something much more interesting.
>>
The only 2 good light saber fights in the entire series were between Luke and Vader in Empire and Jedi.
>>
>>25454079
It's just a movie dude, just entertainment

>>25454117
I don't give a shit that you don't like it. I do give a shit that you think a movie should be catered to your individual autistic tastes instead of everyone else

>>25454118
ok?
>>
>>25454153
Pretty sure it's liberals trying to maintain their victimhood in media and not people who like the franchise/director/whatever specifically.
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>25454158
Now that I would love, but you gotta remember, is a fucking jew going to make a "Strong independent womyn" into a bad guy.
As much as I'd love it, I have my doubts
>>
>>25453480
Yeah this. Is it an actual flight simulator or is it a game?
>>
>>25454191
>It's just a movie dude, just entertainment

No you dense motherfucker, it's a cultural phenomena, and its grave was dug even deeper with this new film.
>>
>>25454156
The Star Trek movies he made are pretty good because they are kind of supposed to be rip offs and there isn't any really bullshit muh super force user

Maybe because there is so much shitty star trk it doesn't matter, where as there are 2.5 very good star wars movies.
>>
File: 1425855747734.jpg (89 KB, 396x294) Image search: [Google]
1425855747734.jpg
89 KB, 396x294
>>25454191
We get it dude. You're a retarded faggot that laughs at dumb shit.
You can stop posting now, you've made your point.
>>
File: 1443607872088.gif (847 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1443607872088.gif
847 KB, 250x221
>being this much of a sperglord instead of just masturbating to rey and ignoring the sjw propaganda.
>>
>>25454197
WAH LIBERALS, WAH DIFFERING OPINIONS

wow, for a conservifag, you sure seem to ACT like the liberal stereotype.
>>
>>25454225
no one even considers this part of the actual franchise. it's like dragon ball gt. relax and drink a beer or something

>>25454234
hahahaha
>>
I don't quite get the Jewish project involving Rey and Finn yet. They've been pushing BBC and perfect plastic white women for so long, why suddenly do a switcharoo and push uggos?
>>
>>25454216
I could go grab the book, but from what I remember it was an actual flight simulator she salvaged from one of the wrecks on Jakku.
>>
>>25453384
>1. The female protagonist is a naturally great pilot. With no training or experience she's as good as anyone we've seen at piloting the Millennium Falcon.
flight sims, you dont know what she does in her free time.
>2. The female protagonist has more powerful mind tricks than anyone else in the movie (possibly in the history of Star Wars), with no training or experience
once again, you dont know she has no training in it. when is it ever explicitly said she has no training?
>3. The female protagonist can naturally resist the mind tricks of a Sith Lord, with no training or experience
hes not a sith lord. he is somewhat trained in the use of darkside force abilities, but he is by no means a sith lord, if anything, he is a somewhat green sith apprentice.
>4. The female protagonist can hold her own in a lightsaber battle with a Sith Lord, with no training or experience
not a sith lord, and she obviously had some training with "bladed" weapons, after taking out people on jakku and on the starkiller with just her staff.
>5. The female protagonist is naturally awesome with a laser blaster, with no training or experience
you dont know that... its probably safe to assume the innate force sensitivity helped with reflexes,aim, etc...
>6. The female protagonist is naturally brilliant at everything and she has no weaknesses
not true.
>7. The female protagonist doesn't need anybody's help, she's better than everyone else at everything anyway
look at luke skywalker in the original trilogy. he had little to no training and was able to do much more. she is the luke skywalker/anakin skywalker of this series. it will turn out that she is lukes daughter, thus justifying her extreme force sensitivity.

why do casuals even watch these movies? i have had to explain to many people where this trilogy is going so many times, im sick of the movie.
>>
File: 1447028469529.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1447028469529.png
48 KB, 400x389
>Watching normalfag movies
>>
>>25454191
I know its just a movie, but the reason it became so famous is because the Writers, actors, everybody involved, gave a shit.
So its painful to watch them not give a shit, rake in the cash, and kill the franchise out of greed/laziness.
>>
>>25453480
You're right. It doesn't unless you install RO + RSS.
>>
>>25454262
That's the nature of business. vote with your wallet and there's not much else you can do
>>
>>25454253
Thanks for demonstrating I was right.

>WAH DIFFERING OPINIONS
He said while crying about people not liking the movie.
>>
>>25454079
its disney, what do you expect? they are the most soulless corporation in the entire world. they hop from fad to fad looking for the next thing to milk until its completely dried up and all integrity it originally had is gone. thats how jew bag eisner works.
>>
File: Enough.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
Enough.png
94 KB, 396x385
>>25454302
I thought of something else I could do...
Anyone know the address of Jew Jew Abrams?
>>
>>25453644
That's not how the Air Force works at all.
>>
>>25453722

All movies do that nowadays. I never saw the new Star Wars and I don't intend to... (and it's not because I'm a "troo Star Wars fan" or "TRUE NERD MAN" who hates it, it's because I don't like Star Wars in general), but I imagine that a PG-rated trendy blockbuster is chock full of that comic relief shit.

Almost every single movie nowadays has either some "soulful," over-confident black character or strong independent womyn who makes witty quips, as well as constant pop culture references.
>>
>>25454458
Rey would be a lot better if she at least had quips. She has no personality.
>>
>>25454458
Finn was actually pretty cool. I really liked him and Poe. But fuck Rey and Ben
>>
>>25453384
>With no training or experience she's as good as anyone we've seen at piloting the Millennium Falcon.

Learn 2 subtext, doofus.

shit thread

saged
>>
>>25454304
I don't give a shit if people don't like the movie, do you think I'm one of these fags defending it?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.