[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So you're the villain of Star Wars, /r9k/. http://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 32
File: as.png (384 KB, 970x637) Image search: [Google]
as.png
384 KB, 970x637
So you're the villain of Star Wars, /r9k/.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/geek-male-identity-has-been-reduced-to-kylo-ren-impotently-thrashing-a-computer-with-his-sword-this-a6790401.html
>>
>>25453167
stupid retarded identity politics
>>
File: 1431115299054.gif (183 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1431115299054.gif
183 KB, 480x270
>honest discussions of male identity
>in 2016
COME O-
wait what

hold me /r9k/ I'm scared
>>
File: 131328941726.jpg (80 KB, 595x394) Image search: [Google]
131328941726.jpg
80 KB, 595x394
>"geek identity"

Is there anything to "geek identity" that isn't mindless consumerism obsessed with cash-cow sci-fi/fantasy franchises like Star Wars?
>>
>>25453167
>http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/geek-male-identity-has-been-reduced-to-kylo-ren-impotently-thrashing-a-computer-with-his-sword-this-a6790401.html
that's what you get when feminism runs the show. the villains are elliot roger, and the iron hymen will break him
>>
>big red sword
why couldn't they just say lightsaber?
>>
File: Faggot_clickbait.jpg (364 KB, 1313x3651) Image search: [Google]
Faggot_clickbait.jpg
364 KB, 1313x3651
Here is a screencap. Fuck clickbait OP Faggot.
>>
>>25453325
It wouldn't be so obvious they mean penis.
>>
>>25453167
Feminists are more like the first order and 'geeks' can be considered the rebellion
Still is a load of bullshit either way you look at since idenity politics are stupid
>>
>According to this film evil can be represented by a group of people wearing the same hats.
>Brought to you by Disney
>According to this film evil can be represented by a long-lived, all-encompassing empire that re-brands itself every few decades.
>According to this film evil keeps their troops faithful through propaganda and emotional manipulation.
>According to this film true evil desires to control anything that is valuable and popular, or otherwise destroy it.
>>
>loved star wars ever since I was a kid
>other kids called me a nerd and made fun of me
>new movie gets announced
>suddenly everybody loves star wars and , according to them, always have
>call me sexist for not liking Rey's vharacter
>project there stupid political views on it.

I wish they didn't make this new movie
>>
>>25453404
They're making it so obvious to boast their power and how fooled the g-yim are.
>>
>we need healthy, honest discussion of
>>
>>25453358
>one of cinema's most creepy yet terrifying villains
Holy shit did the dumbass even watch the damn movie or was he too focused on projecting his agenda on to everything
>>
>>25453167
when will this identity politics meme end?
we dont give a fuck about the media, it is stupid and condescending this is nothing new
>>
File: Can't Deal With It.jpg (145 KB, 1200x1514) Image search: [Google]
Can't Deal With It.jpg
145 KB, 1200x1514
>>25453358
...oh shit they actually found out enough information to twist the redpill.
WE NEED MORE CODEWORDS
RIGHT THE FUCK NOW
WE ARE NOT READY FOR BATTLE
>>
>>25453167
>Kylo Ren impotently thrashing a computer with his big red sword is the perfect portrait of Gamergate, the online hate campaign that continued its crusade against feminist video game reviewers in 2015. If Kylo Ren's buddies in the First Order have a manifesto, don't be surprised if point one is "actually it's about ethics in galactic domination".
>"toxic attitude to women"
>"Like mini-Donald Trumps,"

"In 2016 we need a healthy, honest discussion of male identity, one not sidelined and swamped by the fake gurus of "meninism", so we can actually start to make sense of what it means to be male today."

I thought the whole point of the article was to spark those discussions, not rant about "toxic ideologies" (they sure do love the word "toxic" don't they?) then say we need to set those aside to have an unbiased discussion. By focusing 90% of the article on those groups you're doing the exact opposite.

This man is either a master ruse-man that keenly hits the demo's erogenous zones or a complete fucking stooge who's oblivious to his own hypocrisy.
>>
>>25453325
in a word:
women
>>
>>25453273
No. Like every other non-mainstream identity it's been bought up, monetized, and raped to death by the masses until any intrinsic value it had to a group is lost.
>>
>>25453446
same here desu senpai, when I first heard about it, and everyones love of it I felt a swell of pride.
Then I watched it in all of its feminist, gaping plothole glory and watched in horror as a bunch of redpilled star wars geeks got brainwashed into the multi-culti bullshit in a span of 2 1/2 hours.
Essentially the movie was a way to convert the otherwise secluded basement dwellers to their cause.
>>
>>25453555
>I thought the whole point of the article was to spark those discussions, not rant about "toxic ideologies"
fuck no, they don't want to try and discuss these things, they just want to rant and rave how everything guys do is horrible and evil. Even as a fairly liberal person, its doing nothing to help and everything to harm.
>>
>>25453167
>we have similar honour, morals, laws etc. for thousands of years
>young men fight wars for their people for thousands of years
>everyone works for their peoples betterment
>there is belief in God, community and tradition
>women are more loyal, families more stable
>past 50 or so years everything rapidly changes
>morals are gone
>women are race traitors and sluts
>schools are anti male
>no conquest
>we pay for insane people to cut their penis off and inject female hormones into them
>we pay for the people our ancestors died to stop from conquering us to rape our girls in the streets
>"you are privileged"
>here is an xbox and some weed, stop being angry
>>
To anyone that wants to see an analogue of the current Star Wars situation as it pertains to mainstream media I advise you to watch this short informative film. It basically explains that as the tides turn, normies will go with the flow just to avoid being outcasts. It really sheds light on alpha/beta relations.

First Follower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ
>>
>>25453658
Fucking this.

There is nothing left for men any more.
>>
>>25453167
>http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/geek-male-identity-has-been-reduced-to-kylo-ren-impotently-thrashing-a-computer-with-his-sword-this-a6790401.html
>his name is Damien

kek. Natural cuck nu-male name.
>>
File: 1425968105702.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1425968105702.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>25453728
War.

War against foreign peoples, war against those we once called countrymen, war against the galaxy itself. They can't take war, as it is in our blood and can never be theirs.
>>
>>25453660
Thanks for that video m8.
>>
File: 1445670046291.jpg (15 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
1445670046291.jpg
15 KB, 201x247
>>25453614
>I felt a swell of pride
I didn't. I was angry that the same people who made fun of me were now claiming to be lifelong fans, just because it was the new cool thing. I had no problem with the leads, besides the forced adversity. Finn was a fine character with flaws, but Rey was complete shit.

Anytime I bought up an issue pertaining the mythos and actual movie to people they just made it about whatever agenda they were supporting.
>"How could someone completely untrained beat a trained force user?
>"Your just sexist, she's probably just used the force :^)"
>"How could someone who's never piloted anything fly the Millennium Falcon better than Han Solo"
>I don't know, but your sexist.

They don't actually care about the movie, and I'm the bad guy because I do.
>>
>>25453870
>>25453614
>>25453446
>mfw the entire EU got raped into oblivion just so this piece of shit could make it.
>>
File: 1444814938050.png (757 KB, 703x704) Image search: [Google]
1444814938050.png
757 KB, 703x704
>>25453931
This was the thing that made me the absolute maddest out of this whole situation. I don't give a fuck about this piece of shit movie, but the entirety of the EU, that was held in high esteem by actual fans, with it's actual well written characters and all that lore, are now bullshit to the star wars canon. And now I'm sure a bunch of shitty half assed lore will take it's place.

Normies don't care about the actual story or lore, just about who "loves" star wars the most. They have there trivia about "who said this irrelevant line", and by the end of this trilogy won't give a fuck about star wars or even remember what happened in the movies. All while I'm left with the smoldering remains of the franchise
>>
File: New Anger+.jpg (79 KB, 528x396) Image search: [Google]
New Anger+.jpg
79 KB, 528x396
>>25454112
The fucking gravy on top of the mad bus for me was when fucking Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels (yes the cartoons) made it as canon but something as based as Knights of the Old Republic was booted.

>mfw
>>
File: Goku Kaioken.png (264 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Goku Kaioken.png
264 KB, 576x432
>>25453658

>young men in World War 2 died as virgins so that Stacy could get on Tinder and fuck a new guy each night in cars, bathrooms stalls at the club, and on a strangers couch and have any resulting bastard squirtage paid for by taxes
>>
File: 1444008337677.png (459 KB, 664x605) Image search: [Google]
1444008337677.png
459 KB, 664x605
>>25454176
It's just that I read all those books, played all those games, had debates with people online about it all, and now, for what? Glorified fan-fiction is all it is now. All of the time I invested is now worth jack shit just so this movie could be made, and now they ask me why I didn't like it. I just tell them I never liked star wars now.
>>
File: [Phoenixing Intensifies].gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
[Phoenixing Intensifies].gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>25454112

>no Revan
>no Bane

fuck this shit tbhfamsmh
>>
File: 1448229439505.jpg (114 KB, 554x555) Image search: [Google]
1448229439505.jpg
114 KB, 554x555
>>25453167
>.co.uk
>not ignoring it completely
>>
The problem isn't necessarily the clickbait shitposts.

What is more disturbing is that these people make money with the same thing that we do For Free.
>>
File: 1450846916739.png (187 KB, 470x465) Image search: [Google]
1450846916739.png
187 KB, 470x465
>>25454305
>Instead we get Kylo "can't beat a girl" Ren
>AND he's used to argue about how bad men are
Is there anything I did to deserve this?
>>
>>25453870
Oh, I agree, the normal normie bullshit burned me, but watching fellow fans getting shat on and accepting it is what truly hurt me.
I know disney and Jew Jew Abrams don't care about how fragile and blind the fans are, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad for them being taken advantage of.
>>
>>25454312
This. Everything from the UK now is total shit
>>
File: toad.gif (702 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
toad.gif
702 KB, 320x240
>>25454305
>no Bane
>No Tenebrous
>No Brotherhood of Darkness or Sith Empire
>>
File: Euphoric Art.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric Art.png
51 KB, 370x370
>>25454413
You forgot to check your privilege you misogynistic cis-scum shitlord
>>
>>25453358
>Annie Leibovitz/Vanity Fair

/pol/ status:
[ ] Wrong
[X] Right
>>
File: 1450972197424.gif (711 KB, 200x331) Image search: [Google]
1450972197424.gif
711 KB, 200x331
>>25454455
>no literally anything that appeared outside of the movies or cartoons
>>
>>25453870
>I was angry that the same people who made fun of me were now claiming to be lifelong fans, just because it was the new cool thing.

Probably the most apt description of the past 5 years there is. Watch and be amazed as that one faggot you knew from high school puts on a pair of lensless horn-rimmed glasses and claims to be a nerd because "GEEK IS CHIC TEEHEE!" The same shit that got us ostracized and bullied not even a full half a decade ago is now being paraded as the greatest thing ever by the people who made our lives hell. And what's worse, they're twisting the shit we once enjoyed, molding it to their tastes. We had just a few things and now we can't even have those, like a playground bully yanking a ball out of your hands. Except instead of the recess lady at least pretending to give a damn, we're told that we're wrong for being bitter and that we need to just "grow up".

Pardon me for having a chip on my shoulder, seeing as those bastards had the chisel.
>>
>>25453358

Thank you, I wanted to give it a look through but didn't want to give them a click.
>>
>>25454731
Not only did they mold it to their garbage tastes but they all threw the actual movie aside in favor of the stupid politics ingrained into it. Not once have I seen somebody praising the movie for it's plot (which was just a rehash of A New Hope), it's special effects, soundtrack or anything. Just how progressive it was and how it pushed boundaries. I could give a fuck about diversity if the characters were good, but they weren't particularly Rey.

I told a girl about the plot similarities, and this "lifelong fan" asked me what A New Hope was.
>>
File: muh eu.jpg (161 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
muh eu.jpg
161 KB, 483x516
EU was shit and deserved to die
>>
>>25454900
>I told a girl about the plot similarities, and this "lifelong fan" asked me what A New Hope was.

WTF!!!!
>>
>>25454936
You prefer the force awakens and the cartoons?
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 896x1151) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 896x1151
The agenda must be pushed
>>
>>25454967
I can get on this bus. Original trilogy is only trilogy. All others are heretical and inconsequential to the original arc.
>>
>>25454280
This hits me hard. A lot harder than I care to admit.

We can right those wrongs. Right guys?
I don't want them to have died for nothing.

I just don't want their sacrifices to have been in vain.
>>
>>25454967
haha carrie fisher cocaine nail
>>
>>25455117
This culture can't be uncucked any more than Stacey can be unfucked. I think. I hope there is a way, something to fix these things, but what is there to do besides petty and inconsequential things and hoping for a messiah?
>>
File: 1451094375377.jpg (133 KB, 719x540) Image search: [Google]
1451094375377.jpg
133 KB, 719x540
>>25453358
> Written by Damien Walter
> most likely a guy
> most likely a faggot ass nu-male
> mfw
>>
There's theories that Kylo is actually a hero trying to take down the dark side from within. The light side keeps call to him no matter what he does
>>
>>25455117
>We can right those wrongs.
We're so past that point. I don't know if you've been keeping an eye on the big picture but those women are already having children, many of whom are already old enough to gobble up any indoctrination the Stacies shove down their throat. About how being comfortable with your sexuality means relinquishing sex when you want to, about how college years are meant for "finding yourself" and to not "tie yourself down when you're still a young rose".

If anything the cucking of western society is increasing at an exponential race as the human garbage of society multiply when the "oppressive" framework is torn down, devaluing people with actual worth.

Welcome to the 21st century.
>>
>>25455252
What evidence does that have? Kylo is just an angsty Darth Vader wannabe who is beginning to feel bad about everything he's done as far as I could make out. That's why he killed Han, to get all the good thoughts out
>>
>>25453167
who gives a fuck its star wars not timeless literature
>>
>>25455198
I'm just trying to decide if I should kill myself or not. I don't want to be around to see the end result of feminism/SJWs. But alternatively, if there's a way to uncuck western culture, I'd enjoy being a part of that.
>>
>>25455296
this

western women have hardened the words "yes" and "ok" from their vocabulary. and the most angering part of this is that it's the women who have benefited DIRECTLY from strong, good (not perfect) men

they take onto themselves past societal wrongs, while completely ignoring, or only timidly acknowledging, the correct parts. and then they use the internet and their own boredom with their shallow lives to vault their outrage to a grotesque, surreal level. again, a level that is not even commensurate with their average, 24 year old, whatever, girl who paints sometimes and watches an obscure film or two, first world, amazing life

but going forward, we have to remember that men are always in control. we have to, each of us, remember what we've seen here. when women are asked to behave in a fair, honest way. not based on history. not based on psychological theory. there's a time and a place for those. but in every day life. in celebrating young, good men who uphold the egalitarian values and codes of a society. of not dismissing them as drones, simply "programmed" to "be good." unlike themselves, the "enlightened, oppressed troublemakers."

and this message has to be given to the young men who have been completely brainwashed and feminized and lied to about their strong, wise ancestors. we can move forward as sensitive men. as homosexual men. as transsexual men. but we must not forget virtue. measure of thought. deliberation. caring empathy.
>>
>>25455323
Star Wars was just something that appealed to us that was ruined by normies. In fact literature is in a similar boat.
>>
>>25455301

The script and novel adaptation came out. Kylo killed Han because he thought it would fix all of his problems with turning to the dark side and make him more powerful. Instead he felt weakened.

He keeps hitting his injury during the fight with Finn and Rey to psych himself up and make himself angry, because he's not feeling it

His temper tantrums were way over the top, because he was trying to force anger and dark side power through that

There's even a point in the movie where he's struggling with the light side, he can't fully cast it out. I think it was during one of the conversations with Snoke

http://www.businessinsider.com/kylo-ren-struggles-to-commit-to-the-dark-side-in-the-force-awakens-novelization-2015-12
>>
>>25455384
But this all points to him being conflicted within his position, not towards him being a double agent, though I could see him possibly having a change of heart and wrecking the first order from the inside. But we all know Rey will save the day.
>>
>>25455384
>>25455441
Do you believe the switch theory? Kylo going light, Rei going dark?
>>
>>25455447
Its plausible
> Kylo regrets dad killing
> Snoke captures Rey, promises her parents back

But lets be real Rey is a perfect Mary-sue technowizard designed to replace Han
>>
>>25455487
>>But lets be real Rey is a perfect Mary-sue technowizard designed to replace Han

Would Disney really play it so straight? It would be almost embarassing to watch unfold.
>>
>>25455447

There's a theory going around that Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter. The idea being that she speaks in an English accent whereas other English actors speak in an American accent, so it was on purpose.

My pet theory is that the English accent is because she's not Obi Wan's grand daughter, she's

Palpatine's granddaughter, a god-tier force user with an English accent. Luke, in the role of Obi-Wan, will lie about her parentage, and when she finds out she'll flip her shit, because family was the only thing keeping her going throughout her life. Probably kills him. This is the Empire moment that the next movie is going to need to have
>>
File: boogieman strikes again.png (1 MB, 1032x1291) Image search: [Google]
boogieman strikes again.png
1 MB, 1032x1291
>>25453167
>Kylo Ren impotently thrashing a computer with his big red sword is the perfect portrait of Gamergate, the online hate campaign

wow, these "geek girls" just will not rest until they've taken away all our games
>>
>>25455447
>>25455487
I don't know about Rey switching sides, but Kylo I can definitely see. Also I think Rey and Kylo are going to end up as siblings.

But this is exactly what I'm talking about. Do you think all the people who were so excited to see the movie and have "loved" star wars forever even care about this? No, of course not. We didn't even like the movie, yet here we are talking about it. And the whole franchise was butchered into an emaciated husk of it's former self for them. And money, of course.
>>
>>25455570

Who's "we", I loved the new movie
>>
>>25455579
Can I ask what about it you liked?
>>
>>25455505
Yes, yes they will. The general public already thinks Rey is the greatest female character, and pretty much whatever is put forward will be lapped up as good, simply because of the hype surrounding star wars
>>
File: Rey Rey Sue.jpg (418 KB, 969x1030) Image search: [Google]
Rey Rey Sue.jpg
418 KB, 969x1030
>>25453167
>In 2016 we need a healthy, honest discussion of male identity, one not sidelined and swamped by the fake gurus of "meninism" and "the red pill."
So in other words, we need to let women tell us how to be a man. Great. That's not insulting at all.
>>
>>25455594

It was funny, great CGI effects, the action was fun, the "right" amount of nostalgia (too much and it's lame, too little and it's not recognizable), I really liked a lot of the new characters and am looking forward to more with them, I loved the Nazi themes with the First Order, I loved the new superweapon, Kylo was an awesome villain, killing Han was a great scene, I loved how they called back to old tropes but flipped them around in different ways, I loved how they saved Luke for the end, and I loved how they left a lot for fans to theorize and discuss and try to figure out. I came out of that movie wanting more

The only negatives I would say is that Harrison Ford wasn't totally up for it physically, and the movie was a little too long (though I'm not sure what segments you can cut)
>>
WHY WAS LUKE'S LIGHTSABER FUCKING BLUE
WHY
WHY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25455688

Because that was the Saber he lost when Vader cut his hand off, not the Green Lightsaber he built afterwards
>>
I like how this article only vaguely ties Kylo into his point and by halfway through the article it's not even about star wars anymore, but their agenda they were trying to push. It doesn't even solve anything.
>>
>>25455669
I respect that you like the movie for legitimate reasons. My anger isn't directed towards you, but towards the masses who don't really care, and use it for an agenda like the OP. Sadly most people I've talked to are like that.
>>
>>25453358
>creepy yet terrifying villain
He's neither creepy nor terrifying. He literally could not be less threatening to me, but maybe that's what they were going for
>>
>all your life women hate you
>all your life all you hear is how you're not good enough for women, how you're not entitled to basic human needs, how you need to trust these people who hurt you over and over again
>you have to treat your torturers like they're princess or else "you're the problem"
>>
>>25455701
AND THE WEIRD ALIEN CUNT JUST MAGICALLY FOUND IT FOR SOME REASON

LOAD OF BULLSHIT
>>
>>25455809

We'll see, the story on that has yet to be told
>>
>>25455796
The author of that article is much too old for that mindset.
>>
File: 1314734226141.jpg (41 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
1314734226141.jpg
41 KB, 600x411
>normalfags, sjws, feminazis pretend to like robot hobbies such as vidya and movies
>find robot hobbies offensive
>demand change in something they don't really like or understand
>continuously mock robots for trying to preserve what we enjoy while making various anti bully statements
>robots and betafags start killing people
>normalfags cry about the killings
>normalfags continue to make fun of us
Will normalfags ever stop this cycle and claiming to be victims? There is not a single normalfag or gamer slut who actually enjoys sci fi movies or video games and I'm sick of hearing Chad casual gamer fags say shit like "yeah, I'm such a nerd I played call of duty/league of legends all weekend." I can't wait for Beta Uprising 2016.
>>
>>25454964
Have you watched Clone Wars or Rebels? Shits pretty cash.
>>
Pop-psychology pandering normie generalized bullshit writing. This is garbage, even for a robot.

>In 2016 we need
>>
>>25455900
I'm watching Clone Wars now, and I am enjoying it. I suppose it's just the scapegoat of my anger against Disney. Ideally, for me at least, it and the EU could remain canon.
>>
File: image.jpg (691 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
691 KB, 1600x1067
>>25455012
Welcome my son stand by my side and let's make the universe great again.
>>
>>25453358
>Gamergate getting brought up AGAIN
Would these fucking faggots just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT ALREADY?
>>
>>25455221
He's probably a cuck too.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x355
Senpai, it was a Disney movie. It's NOT that deep!
>>
>>25453167
>kylo ren is the most sympathetic character in the new movie

So i suppose geek males are the most sympathetic people in real life too
>>
>>25453658

We've literally reached the nightmare zone. This is all wrong. It literally should have never been like this.
>>
File: Pepe's Inferno.jpg (30 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
Pepe's Inferno.jpg
30 KB, 333x333
>>25455117

back now, surprised the thread is alive.

There was a short time of prosperity and relative chastity though women have always been whores, so their deaths weren't completely in vain.

And no, the cycle can't be reversed, you have to let it finish, and finishing means letting it all get worse and worse until we start anew. I'm not necessarily talking about some Thunderdome shit, but all civilizations collapse eventually.

I personally think hardcore liberal and feminist cultures make themselves sitting ducks for Islamic takeover, due to the fact they're so intent on diversity at any cost that they accept these people (whose values and beliefs are the polar opposite of their own) with open arms.
>>
>>25455447

that would be great and others have said as much, but an evil woman in a modern big budget movie?

Nah. Doesn't fit the narrative.
>>
>>25453358
>Gamergate
When will this shitty meme end
>>
what kinda identity u want pham?
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 499x1114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 499x1114
>>25455999

Those trips for the trilogy fundamentalist fags, must be true!
>>
File: 1427640447559.jpg (39 KB, 503x617) Image search: [Google]
1427640447559.jpg
39 KB, 503x617
>written by a dude

I don't often say this, I really don't, but this guy is a literal kek. Good job throwing your own gender under the bus, Damien, and for what? For some extra Sarkeesian bonus credits you can use to get a few pats on your head.

>we need a healthy, honest discussion of male identity

Yeah, we probably do, but pulling shit like this out of nowhere with implying implications is not "honest".

>swamped by fake gurus of "meninism"

Well gee, it's almost as if the "movement" is fake, which it is!
>>
File: vader.jpg (57 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
57 KB, 768x431
I really Kylo Ren because he's a different type of Star Wars villain. He's not the ultimate space badass, but just a scared little boy trying to fit in the shoes of Darth Vader while being completely ignorant how shitty it was for the Vader. He shows real humanity and real emotions, and I really appreciate that.
But twisting him as some sort of "gamer gate angry neckbeard xD XD XDDD" is bullshit because he's not that at all. I know lots of this type of stuff is let for audience to interpret, but jesus fucking christ how do you end up in "bad guy=geek masculinity" conclusion?
Especially when there's like uncountable amount of faceless - nameless stormtroopers getting killed left and right, sometimes in humorous situations and we're supposed to root for that. Even after Finn "waking up" and showing us that stormtroopers are just regular guys who got fucked since the childhood. If anything it's to show how cruelly disposable we see men.

TFA was fucking awesome and probably my favorite movie of 2015, but god help us if the mainstream media is going to give this some "le fragile masculinity MALE TEARS MALE TEARS xDD" angle. Fuck that noise.
>>
File: 1446351832675.jpg (13 KB, 157x132) Image search: [Google]
1446351832675.jpg
13 KB, 157x132
>be unkempt and doofy looking assburger dude
>been like this since forever
>wear thick glasses because I'm blind as bat as well
>got picked on for being nerd and geek for years just because I enjoyed vidya and computer stuff
>got picked on even before I wore glasses or told anybody about my hobbies
>people like jack thompson would like the public to believe that guys like me are ticking timebombs and future school shooters
>fuck that shit
>after while learn to take pride for not being like everybody else and their men words would just strengthen my hobbies
>things are starting to look good, tech people getting recognition they deserve, everybody's using smartphones and tablets and such, everybody's using the internet
>think I'm finally free of this shit
>tfw a new wave of "GEEKS ARE MUH-SOGGY-KNEEIST LITERAL NAZI HITLER TERRORISTS" and "LE MASCULINITY IS SO FRAGILE xD"

This shit is never going to end.
>>
File: death of gamers.jpg (378 KB, 1308x964) Image search: [Google]
death of gamers.jpg
378 KB, 1308x964
>Kylo Ren impotently thrashing a computer with his big red sword is the perfect portrait of Gamergate, the online hate campaign

Kek. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not the gamergaters who constantly make articles like picture related. It's not the gamergaters demanding things to get banned and censored because they hurt their feefees etc. as in "trashing a computer with his big red sword".
>>
>Using big events to piggy-back your opinion.

And nothing in the world was changed.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.