[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You exclusively have been given the option to transfer your consciousness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
You exclusively have been given the option to transfer your consciousness into digital data. Nobody else will ever have this choice. It's impossible to imagine or fathom what "being" is like when you're a digital construct. You'll be able to navigate the web and interact with systems and devices naturally. You can create and experience virtual reality simulations within yourself, like a hyper real lucid dream. You'd be able to inhabit and control a mechanized body as if it were your own, and live in the physical world that way. No moving cyberbrains around, you simply are data. Flowing through the net as bits and bytes, a ghost in the machine unable to die.

The catch is, it's a one way process. You'll never inhabit a flesh and blood body again, you'll never be yourself again. Your real body will be dead and disposed of. You'll never age. Never have children. Nobody will ever feel your heartbeat. Everyone you meet will grow old and die, leaving you behind.

Would you do it?
>>
>>25446816
How human-like are the robot bodies that I can inhabit? Will they be able to tell I'm not human?
>>
I can feel it in my GHOST
>>
Sounds better than my current life so yes
>>
>>25446816
yes, then I'd make it my life's goal to wrek everyone's shit in wanton terror and become an urban legend until I am caught and deleted.
>>
>>25446816
This is basically my dream. So yes. Especially if I got to live forever. I would love it.
>>
>>25446877
Yeah, but cybernetic bodies, androids, and full body cyborgs will be a thing at this point. Even if you cover up obvious tells like seams and interfaces, people will always be able to tell. Stuff like never needing to blink or breathe, being unnaturally heavy, extremely precise movements. Your face will never like twitch and shit. You'll never sweat or shiver.

People will know, but most people won't be surprised by the fact. More sheltered folk and people against cybernetics might be upset.

The difference is the average cyborg has their consciousness locked inside of a single cyberbrain. You're merely inhabiting an empty (or not so empty) one, and can leave it at any time so long as you have a connection to something else. You could even, in theory, exist inside somebody's smart phone at the same time as your body. Or be multiple bodies at once.
>>
>>25447112
holy shit that gun looks fucking bulky
>>
File: images-1.jpg (4 KB, 164x160) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
4 KB, 164x160
>tfw will never be something like GLADOS and be able to witness the rest of human history as you work to try and preserve yourself for as long as you can

Why live?
>>
>>25446816
I GOT ONE WORD FOR YOU. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
I'd do it, but not before explaining it to the few people I have in my life
>>
I'd do it and live in Katy Perry's smartphone
>>
>>25446816
Build me a humanoid robo-body that can navigate stairs and that I can detach from, and it's a deal.
>>
>>25446816
I'd do it and instigate the Singularity
>>
>>25446816
That's not even a question. The wonders of the universe outweigh human emotion.

Now give me my infinite lifespan and a space fleet and let me explore our neighbors
>>
>>25446816
But what if I wanna take a break once and a while and make myself a nice sandwich?
>>
>>25446816
What is to stop me copying my conciousness?
I'd do that and talk to myself.
It'd also be cool to spread across the globe via downloads of copies of my data and I'd sit there watching what people do, hopefully not getting caught by antivirus.
Although my ability to think would be limited by the hardware that my container uses, so perhaps it would be best to instead keep developing better hardware?
>>
>>25446816
Yes. I think it would be interesting.
>>
I'd do diagnostics on myself, make AI, and live in VR, and I'd inhabit an android and explore space on auto pilot.
>>
>>25446816
>>Would you do it?

Yes.

Wait, do I get to look like OP's pic? I DO??

FUCK. YES!!!!!!!
>>
>>25448390
You can look like whatever you want man.
>>
>>25446816
Yes immediately.
>>
>>25446816
If I end up like Depp in Transcendance then fuck yes I would do it. My intelligence wouldn't be limited to human ranges and I could finally create something that not even mankind could ever dream of. Just think of all of the possibilities that could happen if we weren't limited by our humanity. Within a short amount of time, we would be gods.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.