[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I search for paying work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 230px-Laborer.jpg (16 KB, 230x153) Image search: [Google]
230px-Laborer.jpg
16 KB, 230x153
Irishfag here.

I have no extraordinary skills, but healthy and motivated to work. I've been struck off the dole for not complying with their definition of looking for work.

How do I search for basic-skill paying work?
>>
>>25440790
What are the neetbux like in Ireland?
>>
File: 1LREtd6.jpg (186 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1LREtd6.jpg
186 KB, 720x720
>>25440790
yer lazy irish, u want to get punched over a cold beef?
>>
Where you based OP? I'm in Galway.
>>
>>25440790
Did you not challenge their decision? I've had a few arguments before about that and i've always come out on top.
>>
>>25440790
Employment websites, government employment websites, employment help centres, newspaper ads, jobs magazines, asking directly or on the phone, send your resume to as much places as possible telling yourself that for every 100 applications you get 1 interview.

Every time you apply and they refuse you, ask if they know or have someone (e.g. a contractor) that may need help.
>>
>>25440919
I refuse to say that I am disabled. Only options are to conform to wasting more years with a course or internship. I wasted myself on two meaningless courses already. I was on 55eu per week up until the middle of last year. Because I wouldn't comform to more courses, they struck me off. I now receive a bit of cash from my younger cousin every week or so, eat from the food bank, and continue to live with my abusive parents.
>>25440925
I'll fight you sure. Meet me outside the Clare abbey tomorrow at 17:00 sharp.
>>25440982
Clarefag.
>>25441048
I've protested a little bit, challenged their logic, but they hold all the cards. To continue arguing with them further crushes my self-respect. Ha! There's no talking to them. Also, I refuse to speak to some of the meanest cunts in there again. Also, some added social anxiety.
>>25441096
Sensible advise, thanks. I've applied everywhere in my local town. Got zero responses.
>>
Wayfair in Galway are hiring call centre workers. Fairly good pay. Electronic Arts might also be looking
>>
Also. Have you been to college? Get the Back to Education allowance. Get paid to go to college for a few years.
>>
>>25441188
I have relatives in Galway, but I'm on bad terms with them. It was possible for me to stay with them a couple years ago for work-based employment. But not today. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>25441230
I have a BA in Film+TV Production. Not sure actually. Dropped out at the very last moment. Doesn't make any difference anyway. I never had any interest in persuing it as a means to make money. Also, as I understand, you could put it down onto a CV/resume anyway and it wouldn't be checked.
>>
What are some jobs that require no previous experience or extra skills to make money?

I'm motivated to work and healthy.

How do I apply for odd-jobs, handywork, such-and-such?
>>
>>25441136
If you've already been struck off there isn't much you can do. But if you're ever in that situation ever again, make sure you send your argument to the decision maker they tend to be generally more understanding of people's situations. And if you feel your been treated unfairly or feel as if your advisor is talking bullshit to get you kicked off. Say you want to reschedule the appointment and record it. they'll probably get the manager. And the manager will probably switch you to someone who's less of a cunt.
>>
>Irish
Commit seppuku. You couldn't be any more of a nigger if you were literally the ace of spades.
>>
>>25441431
Solid advice, thanks.
The short of it is - I've never been given a opportunity to speak out about the abuse I suffered through growing up. The assumption is that you grow up, and then are ready to move on out the door. Living in a very rural area, my parents gotaway with mental, physical, verbal abuse all my life. Nobody has ever asked about this. I am disgusted at how little people care. The people at social welfare haven't asked and I won't tell unless I'm asked. I've been so good growing up only to be put into this situation, homeless on occasion, starving, dignity gone, loveless, despairing. Nobody in a position to change shit actually ask. Relatives have shyed away from the 'issue', - me. Can't fucking believe it.
>>25441571
Can you explain this meme to me? I'm not an Irish-American.
>>
>>25441136
I don't know how far everything is from your house, but don't be afraid to apply on jobs 1h30-2h away from you. It's gonna fucking suck if you do end up with a job like that and you'll probably want to kill yourself, but anything is better than having nothing and ending in dept or on the street. You can also move if that's an option.

Check for manufacturing, warehousing, general labourer, landscaping, seasonal, job fairs or any fairs for that matter, and placement companies. I find that those are hiring a lot because workers come and go.
>>
>>25441733
Appreciate the suggestions.
I walk into the nearest town and back everyday (14km total). Bicycle was taken. I can walk two-hour distance away and back again without problem.
>>
not entirely related, but yardcare is a pretty easy to enter job. All you've got to do is have the tools (trimmer, truck or van, bins, rake,lawn mower, snips) and a phone number

in the long run you'd better pay taxes and end up paying insurance. But in the beginning as long as you're not a total retard and charge a fair price you'll make decent monies on the side
>>
>>25441888
by which I mean, $20 for back and front yard, a small deal for ongoing weekly service

if you can save up money and get a leaf blower and save money for repairs, it's good money in the SHORT run. If you try to expand there's a heavier barrier to buying professional gear and paying real taxes, but once you've made it with a market share the money just grows on trees
>>
>>25441612
I don't have a problem with Irish Americans, it's Irish from Ireland. Lazy, obnoxious, drunk, sarcastic, autistic, and overall useless to be quite honest. I've been all over the world, and everywhere I've seen an Irishman good things have never followed.
>>
>>25441888
>yardcare
Demeaning bullshit.
I have a rich relative and go down there occasionally. It makes me sick the way they treat the handymen, cleaners, yardcare people. All bullshit. Talking shit about them behind their backs. Trying to get the best out of them in exchange for petty cash and a boot up the hole.
>>
>>25441957
It's not a fucking conspiracy. I'm not buddy-buddy with all the other Irish people. If they are all those bad traits, that means I'm also like that? If I'm not, then I'm to take responsibility for the rest? I don't fucking drink. You are being abnoxious.
>>
>>25441968
it is demeaning bullshit, but you can make $20 an hour if you know what you're doing with very little starting experience required besides a fly-by-night resume

Yes, clients are nitpicking bitches. Yes, they will try to nickle and dime you. But as a contractor you make the rules and normally you're able to undercut multiman teams who will ask for more. It's a good start for a neet

t. former "landscaper"
>>
>>25442062
>>25441956
Alright point taken. I won't dismiss it so eagerly.
>>
>>25440982
Do you know of websites, physical services, or other means to search for available work?
>>
one last bump folks
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (87 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
87 KB, 640x920
>>25442046
Go be a nigger somewhere else.

Irish cunt.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.