[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly /fit/izen Thread #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 49
File: this could be you.jpg (109 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
this could be you.jpg
109 KB, 1080x1080
Old thread here:

>>25436277

I'm here to help you, answer any question you have, give you tips, etc.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1920x1080
how is lifting gonna help me if i look like pic related?
>>
>>25439391

What are some /fit/ approved snacks? I'm trying to get my mom and sister to stop buying so much bullshit and get fruit instead.
>>
How can I work on my chest at home using a couple of dumbbells, I can't get a bench for another few weeks at the least
>>
I dont get why people bulk and then cut when they can just bulk up and cut at the same time. Stop bullshiting yourself
>>
File: fuckyouOP.png (142 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouOP.png
142 KB, 250x250
>>25439391
a guy with good genetics and bone structure who likely cruises test looks good, more at 11

ive been lifting 3 years and im not that wide

what do you do when you have bad genes?
>>
>>25439391
how tall are you
oc
>>
>>25439425
If all you're tryna do is get bitches then idk what to tell you. When you're like 45 and fat you're gonna wish you stayed in shape when you where younger, it makes the transition from young to old alot easier when you're in decent shape
>>
So I got a fitbit for christmas. I've been working out since last year on and off, but haven't been counting calories or paying any attention to my TDEE.

Now, I count calories and track my TDEE. So far my understanding is that as long as I keep my calorie intake (2000-2500 a day) below my TDEE (usually 3000-3400) I will lose weight. Regardless of what I eat or when I eat within a 24 hour period.

is this correct?
>>
I'm about to go to the grocery store. Can you help me plan my meals for a week.
>>
>>25439425

Lifting will make you look very different eventually. You wouldn't believe the changes it can have on a face.

>>25439445

Anything nonprocessed, to be simple. Eggs, meat, veggies, fish, etc. Nothing complicated.

>>25439446

Follow this program:

Military Presses
https://youtu.be/HMvzUDwaBeA

Shoulder Presses DB
https://youtu.be/B-aVuyhvLHU

French Presses
https://youtu.be/RQMQR9r99lg

Rows
https://youtu.be/-koP10y1qZI

Squats
https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA

Pushups (wall, table)
https://youtu.be/a6YHbXD2XlU

------------------------------------------

Program:

5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

>>25439523

This is true for beginners. Bulking NORMALLY is only a slight excess of fat to guaranty your body has all it needs to produce muscle, that's all. Nobody needs 6000kcal a day, nobody needs to get fat. Muscles need protein to grow, excessive fat is not necessary at all.

>>25439571

178cm

>>25439548
>a guy with good genetics and bone structure who likely cruises test looks good, more at 11

Genetics don't grow muscles, effort does.

>>25439548
>ive been lifting 3 years and im not that wide

This guy has been lifting for more than 3 years, trust me.

>>25439548
>what do you do when you have bad genes?

You keep on working out. Genes are overrated when it comes to what you can achieve.
>>
Why are my arms so underdeveloped compared to my chest... Despite hitting tricep twice a week and doing chinups and curls
>>
File: 1389993060982.jpg (129 KB, 1033x753) Image search: [Google]
1389993060982.jpg
129 KB, 1033x753
>>25439548

You could do that to a pic of a fat person and maybe you'd realise that you can't measure bone length when they're covered by muscle.
>>
File: 1391798974460.jpg (31 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1391798974460.jpg
31 KB, 344x291
>>25439631
so you are denying that he has a wider clavicle and will look wider and better a lot more easily than someone with less gifted bone structure

typical normalfaggot denial

go fuck yourself
>>
OP, I'm 33 years old, lifelong lanklet with tiny wrists and pencil neck. I have terrible posture and previous back injury (torn disc). I have a dodgy shoulder too. I have halfheartedly over the years tried working out but never stick with it long enough to see results. Right now, I am as skinny as ever and feel old and utter shit.

I have a gym membership and my intention is to do Starting Strength and follow it to the letter for at least 6 months, as long (as my back doesn't fuck up). Whenever I post on /fit/ I literally can't tell if SS is a meme or not. Do you think I'm doing the right thing? Also, in terms of diet and food. Any tips for meal planning and not feeling like a bloated fart machine all the time?
>>
>>25439679
>now just calling me deluded

Thanks friendly /fit/izen.
>>
File: 1433527365917.png (28 KB, 187x184) Image search: [Google]
1433527365917.png
28 KB, 187x184
How can I get motivated to get /fit/ if I can't even get the motivation to watch a film, listen to an album or play a video game?
>>
>>25439606
>Now, I count calories and track my TDEE. So far my understanding is that as long as I keep my calorie intake (2000-2500 a day) below my TDEE (usually 3000-3400) I will lose weight. Regardless of what I eat or when I eat within a 24 hour period.
>is this correct?

Yes. It if doesn't work, it will be because your TDEE is in fact lower.

>>25439630

Count your calories. Get eggs, beans, meat, natural items. Choose things you like. Avoid treats and processed food.

>>25439658
>so you are denying that he has a wider clavicle and will look wider and better a lot more easily than someone with less gifted bone structure

I can't deny what I can't know for sure, but my point is that muscles grow and bones don't. Either way, even if you were right, are you going to just give up because your clavs won't be 2 cm longer or something?

>typical normalfaggot denial

I'm actually a certified non-normie, but I suspect you're as normal as it gets, you're just a silly poopy trying to justify his silly ways.

>go fuck yourself

Sure.
>>
>>25439391
Dumbbells or Barbells for bench presses?
Which in your opinion is better for building chest muscle?
>>
How can I use smoothies to lose weight? I bought some frozen fruits and I've just been using skim milk, serving size of fruit, and maybe fresh fruit sometimes or powdered cocoa. I don't like them but I don't want to make them too fattening
>>
File: exercise you piece of shit.png (244 KB, 719x401) Image search: [Google]
exercise you piece of shit.png
244 KB, 719x401
>>25439425
It will help, no matter what you look like anon, pic related it's proof.
>>
>>25439710
>Whenever I post on /fit/ I literally can't tell if SS is a meme or not.

Half will tell you it's real (it is) and the other half will tell you it's a meme because saying so is now a meme, and also, many of them don't want you to get fit (muh competition).

SS works, so does SL, and any program using the same principles.

> Do you think I'm doing the right thing?

Yes. Just ensure form and don't lift too heavy. Listen to your body, and be careful whenever you get signals that something's wrong: pain. Don't confuse pain and soreness and you'll be fine. Rippletits trains people who are over 90 to do SS, and even though it's adapted to them, it's the same principle and the same exercises.

A stronger back will be better for you, and lifting will do that. My back feels like a fucking armor right now and I've only been able to use dumbbells so far.

>>25439710
>Any tips for meal planning and not feeling like a bloated fart machine all the time?

Natural foods, count your calories. Eat things you like. This isn't a very demanding area of fitness in my opinion, as long as you control your calories, you can eat as you wish making obvious choices.
>>
>>25439837

>Lighting
>Angles
>Photoshop

And all he did was cut
>>
>>25439799
not OP, but my fit friend says barbell press is better. whatever works for you is what you should do though. it's all about conforming to what exercises you like I think.
>>
>>25439712
>Thanks friendly /fit/izen.

You're still victimising yourself. I didn't call you deluded, I said that I heard the same thing from deluded people. If you want to go passive aggressive on me, know that I will call your bluff and I'll be active aggressive directly and won't have a problem with it.

I am indeed friendly, but if you start acting like a bitch for over an hour, I'll adapt accordingly. You might just be the sort of person who needs to be bitch-slapped to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>25439445
Grapes are great, just about 2 calories per each, but be careful as they pack sugar when you go overboard. Also 2 cookies without sugar with a glass of milk are ok as long as you are counting your daily macros.
>>
>>25439837
that's just losing weight tho. you can do that without moving a muscle
>>
>>25439806
fruit smoothies bad, vegetable smoothies good.
>>
>>25439882

>All he did was cut

Yes, that is how you lose fat, which a lot of fat people want to do. I think he looked best in the middle pic desu.
>>
are machines really that much worse than free weights? even if you're just starting off?
>>
>>25439882
Indeed, but you know that he looks way better than if he was fat, which is the whole point.
>>
my grip is shit

my bench is stopped at 1pl8
im >>25439128
doing icf
>>
>>25439710
I drink alcohol, eat eggs and bacon sandwiches, burgers, etc and theoretically lose weight. It's all about knowing how many calories you burn a day and eating calories below that.

thermodynamics bro
>>
>>25439750
>How can I get motivated to get /fit/ if I can't even get the motivation to watch a film, listen to an album or play a video game?

You need to make a deal with yourself: what do you want?

Also, are you sure it's about motivation? How do you spend a free day?

>>25439799
>Dumbbells or Barbells for bench presses?

If you can do both, do both. BB can make you lift more at once, but DB will ensure both arms are equally strong.

Just alternate from a session to another. With DB, you'll lift less than with BB, that's normal.

>>25439799
>Which in your opinion is better for building chest muscle?

Not sure if there's a difference, but I know DB works well enough for me so far.

>>25439806
>How can I use smoothies to lose weight?

They're liquid so they'll fill you up. Just count your calories and calculate your daily need:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
>>
>>25439909
Nope, you don't get those delts or pecs without benching and pressing, never minding those guns without doing curls or rows. That is only possible with exercise. You wil end up skinny if you only lose weight.
>>
>>25439882

You'd deny anyone's result, wouldn't you?

>>25439909

It's not. You don't literally believe that if you lost weight you'd look like this, right? This man has muscle mass and there's only one way to get that: working out.

>>25439941
>are machines really that much worse than free weights? even if you're just starting off?

Yes, because machines isolate your muscles, meaning they make you train them less, which results in lame practical strength. You'd get good at doing a machine exercise and nothing else. That is why free weights are always superior, even if you're a weakling, even if you're 90. Just lift light. You should always lift according to your strength, it should always be fine.
>>
>>25439959
try doing seated rows. the exercise uses your arms as rope and your grip as the knot. that's how I improved my grip.
>>
>>25439655

>Me in my senior year of high school
>Want to be a doctor because I'm smart enough and they make money
>Visit a hospital
>Find out what the word bariatric means

And that's why I'm an engineer now
>>
>>25439903
>That's what a lot of deluded people think too

Sounds to me like you're calling me deluded.

>bitch-slapped to grow the fuck up

Not exactly friendly, anon. In fact you really haven't been friendly since the first reply. You hide behind a "nu-uh I'm not talking about you" thing but really you've just constantly been calling me out. This is despite me saying that I HAVE gone on a diet but I guess that diet isn't good enough.
>>
>>25440028
>>It's not. You don't literally believe that if you lost weight you'd look like this, right? This man has muscle mass and there's only one way to get that: working out.
No I'm talking about his face. His face wouldn't look any different if he just lost weight without doing anything else
>>
>>25439391
Got any PT type exercises that I can use for my stiff left knee joint?
>>
>>25439965
>How do you spend a free day

Browsing 4chan, having a quick wank then making a quick and shitty meal or ordering a delivery if I've got the money. Anything else I can't do for any longer than an hour or so.
>>
>>25439962

100% true.

>>25439997

100% true.

>>25440043

Cool story bro. I respect engineers, though.

>>25440053

You have been nothing but a little shit since the beginning and have constantly tried to victimise yourself by trying to twist my words into attacks against yourself. If you can't believe that I am not doing this, I won't keep trying to make you believe you otherwise.

>This is despite me saying that I HAVE gone on a diet but I guess that diet isn't good enough.

Don't go on a diet, just count your calories, and buy a scale.

>doesn't count calories
>doesn't weigh self
>thinks I'm here to hurt him

Get a grip and stop trying to shape every thing I say into an attack on your person.

>>25440068
>His face wouldn't look any different if he just lost weight without doing anything else

Yes, faces change when you lose weight.
>>
>>25439941
For a beginner I would recomend staying away from machines, they only isolate one muscle when you could be doing free weights which uses more muscles at the same time, speeding up the muscle growth. Eventually you can incorporate some machines like the lat pulldown or the leg curl, but generally keep with free weight.
>>
>>25440079
>Got any PT type exercises that I can use for my stiff left knee joint?

Can you touch your toes? If not, consider working on your hamstrings. I have that exact problem. Hamstrings, when too short, force your kneecap into contact with other bones.

>>25440086
>Anything else I can't do for any longer than an hour or so.

Good news, friend, an hour or less is all you need to do a work out. You can do it with music on and you won't see time go buy. Use it as a meditative tool also: focus yourself, be at peace. You'll end up loving it.
>>
Spoon feed me here, I know nothing about this topic. I was a fat child, and developed anorexia as an early teen, before being force fed at like 15, which has left me skinnyfat and really really weak. What are some good routines to follow to gain strength? I've heard SS, but apparently that can make you fat.
>>
>>25440133
>don't go on a diet

Man, this /fit/izen really knows his stuff. Time to go eat two Big Macs a day because at least they don't add up to 2000cals, right?

>thinks I'm here to hurt him

When have I ever said that? I said "I'll take your advice, but you're shit at giving it" and it's true. You've constantly implied that any progress I've made is somehow wrong because I haven't been documenting it thoroughly. That first post of yours implied that I was eating more than I thought, instead of doing that maybe saying "count your calories to make sure" would have been better?
>>
File: 1450868107552.png (104 KB, 660x187) Image search: [Google]
1450868107552.png
104 KB, 660x187
>>25440179

This.

Thanks to anyone else who helps answering questions, I truly appreciate. What I'll do is I'll either agree or disagree so anon knows what's a troll and what's not one.

>>25440189
>What are some good routines to follow to gain strength? I've heard SS, but apparently that can make you fat.

The only people who get fat on SS are those who can't read pic related.

The exercises themselves won't get you fat, but overeating by 6000kcal will. Just don't overeat and you won't be fat. If you're skinny, though, you may want to overeat by 400kcal or so, not much, just enough to put on mass.
>>
>>25440133

How do you get stronger without getting bigger? I'm 5-11, 185 and I like lifting weights, but I also like surfing and mountain biking. Being bigger is kind of a disadvantage in both of those.
>>
>>25440182
Thanks senpai. I'll do some flexibility exercises then. I've found since I started squatting that it's a little less stiff, and when it starts to impact my performance, I jump on a treadmill and run a mile.

I only lift to support running, which I started after 150lb weight loss
>>
>>25440182
An hour or so is in the best possible circumstances, i.e. a video game I really like or a movie I can just barely finish. I could never lift for that amount of time.

>focus yourself, be at peace
>You'll end up loving it

That's the thing, I won't. When I can't even love doing something that I know I like to do, why would I be able to do something that I don't that also requires a lot of physical strain.
>>
>>25439710
SS isn't a mith, but the program is heavly reliant on the lower body, if you want to do some curls because it is ingrained in your system that you must do it, then try ICF.

Also, on the shoulder thing watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
>>
>>25440179
I started on machines and I mostly lift on machines because it's fun, but I found that to really progress I needed to do a lot more dumbbell work, plus squat/bench/deadlift. Can't OHP in a smith machine though. Shame.
>>
>>25440227
>Man, this /fit/izen really knows his stuff.

I do, and I know "diets" are bullshit and never work. There is no need to avoid ANY food forever if you count your calories. Diets fail because people think they need to respect them to a T, which ends in them giving up more often than not. That's why diets are bullshit. Don't follow a particular diet, count your calories.

Some diets will work, but they only do so in a secondary way, simply because they remove certain foods that the user ate tons of. There's no need for that if you count your calories.

>>25440227
>Time to go eat two Big Macs a day because at least they don't add up to 2000cals, right?

They'd amount to around 1100kcal. If that's all you eat, you will lose weight, yes. Is that the healthiest way? No. But losing weight, if you're a fatass, even on Big Macs, will be healthier than not.

>>25440227
>I said "I'll take your advice, but you're shit at giving it" and it's true.

There's no good or bad way to tell simple facts. You're the only person in 4 threads that has reacted negatively to my advice, and that is entirely because you assumed, for no reason, that I was attacking you.

>You've constantly implied that any progress I've made is somehow wrong because I haven't been documenting it thoroughly.

No, I have stated that you didn't even know if there was progress precisely because you didn't check it: no scale, no calories counting = no way to know what progress you made. There is a huge difference between what I said and what you claim I said.

> That first post of yours implied that I was eating more than I thought,

Yes, because that's what happens when one doesn't count.

(cont)
>>
>>25440227
> instead of doing that maybe saying "count your calories to make sure" would have been better?

I was responding to you suggesting you weren't getting results when you were being upset at "skinny people who eat burgers and drink soda". Back then, I assumed, from your words, that you weren't losing weight, which is why I said you were most likely eating more than you thought

>>25440293
>How do you get stronger without getting bigger?

You can only do that to a limit. Your muscles will get their shit together and you'll get actually stronger, but once that's done, the only way to get more strength is to get bigger.

>I like lifting weights, but I also like surfing and mountain biking.

Don't worry, you'd have to get massive to have a problems doing these things. It'd take you years and years. If you somehow accidentally trained for years without noticing you were getting too big, you'd only have to stop working out for 6 months and you'd grow smaller visibly.
>>
I've been lifting on and off but suffer from fuckarounditis. As such, I have a decent base of muscle mass, but I'm overweight.

Should I do a hard cut first or what?
>>
If you can be cured of any problems by lifting then you never had a problem to begin with.

If this applies to you then you should fuck off to /fit/ and get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>25440299
>An hour or so is in the best possible circumstances, i.e. a video game I really like or a movie I can just barely finish. I could never lift for that amount of time.

Sure you could. First step: stop believing in such limitations. If someone held you at gunpoint and told you to lift or die, I'm sure you could do it, no problem.

>>25440299
>That's the thing, I won't.

You don't know that, since you've never been there.

I'm assuming you're suffering from some form of depression. Working out will make you feel infinitely better and happier, which in turn will enable you to enjoy more things out of life. trust me on this.
>>
>>25440437
Cut first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs

why?
1. you can see more definition and it motivates you
2. you have better test levels when you have low bf.
>>
>>25440387
>They'd amount to around 1100kcal. If that's all you eat, you will lose weight, yes. Is that the healthiest way? No. But losing weight, if you're a fatass, even on Big Macs, will be healthier than not.
And don't let anyone tell you doom and gloom stories. Take a multivitamin if you're worried about micronutrients, but at a calorie level like this, pounds will melt off. Don't let anyone tell you "It's unhealthy to lose weight through dieting", that's a diet industry lie. You don't need to add anything to your diet to lose weight, you don't even really need to exercise. Just cut calories until you're at your goal weight, then work out your maintenance and maintain. It's really that was.

> no scale, no calories counting = no way to know what progress you made.
If you count calories, you don't strictly need a scale, you can use a mirror. If you track your weight, you don't strictly need to count calories because your progress will be evident on a graph over time. But you absolutely have to do at least one of those.
>>
>>25440437
>Should I do a hard cut first or what?

No need. A small caloric deficit will be enough if you train as well.

>>25440461
>If you can be cured of any problems by lifting then you never had a problem to begin with.

That's a weird thing to say. You're saying that if certain problems can be solved by certain solutions, then they weren't problems. That's silly. Anything that can be solved is a problem and things that can't be solved aren't problems.

Instead of being negative, tell me what you really want, because if you didn't care, you'd not have taken the time to tell me to fuck off. So I'm guessing you're angry. What you want for yourself is available and I can help you get there, but I can't do it against your will.
>>
Fitbit changed my life. Turning weight loss into a numbers game has made losing weight much more attractive and simple. I never eat more than 2700 calories a day and have already lost 30 pounds in 6 months.

you can do it too bros. we're all gunna make it
>>
>>25440461
then it is good that people people are talking about exercise to the cyborgs on this board so they can leave you alone right?
>>
>>25440608

This, it really is all you need and is so simple that many will refuse to believe how simple it really is.

>>25440553

This.
>>
>>25440498
>I'm sure you could do it, no problem

Of course I would lift if that were the case. The thing is sitting in shitty uni accommodation at 20 whilst everyone around me enjoys life is not a good environment to lift in.

>Working out will make you feel infinitely better and happier

It would make me feel better about my body but happier? I doubt it. I'm still a social retard because I spent my formative years as a fatass and my uni years slowly devolving into worse and worse eating habits because of said formative years.

I know about all the positives, of course I do, it's just starting that I practically cannot do. It's like telling someone "don't think of a white elephant", it's impossible for them to not think about it.

>I'm assuming you're suffering from some form of depression

I don't know. I haven't been diagnosed with anything at all.
>>
>>25440550
>>25440585
And yeah, by cutting I mean only a small deficit while training, about a 1lb lost each week.
>>
>>25440550
Thanks.

Also that guy sorta looks like Keanu.
>>
Where do I get sterons?
>>
>>25440461

You're right, getting /fit/ won't help make you be happy, or want to get out of bed in the morning, it won't make the loneliness of the pain in your heart that you can't explain go away. You will still hate every facet of your pathetic existence, but at least you can say you did it. This one itsy bitsy thing, you did it. No one can take that away from you, and maybe that will help. Or maybe it won't and you'll still want to kill yourself every day.
>>
Are you natty?

>tfw probably never gonna get to lift in my life
>>
>>25440669
>Of course I would lift if that were the case. The thing is sitting in shitty uni accommodation at 20 whilst everyone around me enjoys life is not a good environment to lift in.

You can lift at home. Also, I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest you stop considering other people's lives. You don't know what they go through, and many smiles are the bandaid to much sadness that you aren't privy to. Comparing yourself to others will never result in anything good if you do it that way. Compare yourself to others only if they inspire you to become better. For now, just don't compare at all. Focus entirely on yourself, nevermind everyone else for the moment.

>It would make me feel better about my body but happier?

No, it would literally make you feel happier. Not about your body: in your brain and body, you will FEEL happier. Works better than any antidepressant I've ever tried.

>I doubt it. I'm still a social retard because I spent my formative years as a fatass and my uni years slowly devolving into worse and worse eating habits because of said formative years.

Don't, I spent 8 uni years doing nothing but going to classes and coming back home to be on my computer, sinking into depression more and more every year. I know what I'm talking about, and I swear to God, working out does more than I ever imagined it could. Knowing you're going to look great, be stronger, healthier, etc, makes a huge difference in how you live your life.

I recommend starting easy with a clear program and a clear schedule.

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups
>>
>>25440720
what is stopping you? Really just going to the gym 3 times a week and eating clean isn't that hard.
>>
CM Punk taking roids now?
>>
>>25440679
>And yeah, by cutting I mean only a small deficit while training, about a 1lb lost each week.

That's fine.

>>25440669

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, if you can get a pair of dumbbells, or even just one. (addition to the program which I couldn't post.)

>>25440710

Don't.

>>25440720

Clearly.
>>
>>25439391
I just want to say thanks man Im going to the gym tomorrow to sign up.

Really fucking nervous desu
>>
>>25440804

Excellent! You've already done the hardest. I'm happy and proud. I'll see you around and we can talk about how that went.

Don't worry, I'll stick around until you make it.
>>
>>25440768
Thanks for giving some clear links, I'll screencap the post for later.

It's an incredibly shitty mindset I have and the worst part is I know exactly why. That's the main issue, despite your confidence no amount of motivational speeches will make my mind want to lift.

It's not like I haven't tried. Before Uni I did 7 whole months of dieting in order to finally get my childhood fat off. I still feel shit in my body, but that's because I literally do have big-ass bones and I'm built like a rugby player despite hating that build. That led me to putting on a lot more weight despite only ever eating one meal a day.

Then when I went to Uni and realized I still can't get a shitty McJob, I still can't easily find friends or a gf and I'm still the "unwanted friends" in any groups I could find it really sapped any motivation I previously had.

It's difficult as fuck any which way you look at it. But who really knows, I might screencap the post, do a few weeks and love it, but then again I might not even get past the first part and just go watch an easily digestible Youtube video or something.
>>
i bet youve already posted it but whats a good gym workout? are weights better than machines? isnt it good to do fullbody when you are full skelly mode at first? and then kinda move over?
>>
>>25440934
>It's an incredibly shitty mindset I have and the worst part is I know exactly why.

Two excellent things: you know there's a problem and you even know its origin.

>That's the main issue, despite your confidence no amount of motivational speeches will make my mind want to lift.

I haven't given up hope yet. I'll gladly rise up to the challenge and we can both laugh about it the day you join a gym or buy some home equipment.

>That led me to putting on a lot more weight despite only ever eating one meal a day.

If that meal is more calories than you need, you will indeed get fat from it.

>>25440934
>Then when I went to Uni and realized I still can't get a shitty McJob, I still can't easily find friends or a gf and I'm still the "unwanted friends" in any groups I could find it really sapped any motivation I previously had.

This hits close to home for me, so I hear you outloud. If I could back in time and speak to myself, I would tell me much of the same I'm telling you now. Don't waste the years I wasted.

For now, forget about other people. There may be reasons why you find it hard to tolerate others. This can be worked on and I can help in that area too, just know that there are others like you and when you find these, you'll be best friends forever in 1 minute. You may not come across these often, but it will happen.

All I want for now is that you stick with me here and we'll find a way.

Here's for now:

>willing to spend money on home equipment?
>a lot
>a little
>nothing

Pick one and I'll help.
>>
>>25440974
>good gym workout?
>>25440768
>weights better than machines?
>>25440179
>Isn't it good to do fullbody when you are full skelly mode at first?
Yes
>when to move over?
when you plateu and cannot increase the weight on a daily or weekly basis, should be around 3-6 months on the average lifter, but you could use it more if you feel like it.
>>
>>25440974
>i bet youve already posted it but whats a good gym workout?

Depends on your goals.

Guys, I'm writing a small guide for you between posts, based on all the things you ask me.

Tell me your goal and I'll tell ya.

> are weights better than machines?

Yes.

>isnt it good to do fullbody when you are full skelly mode at first? and then kinda move over?

Yes. I still do full body myself. Think of professional athletes: they don't split anything. The idea that you have to wear the fuck out of your muscles every session may be retarded. It isn't necessary for growth, all it does is require more rest time and it makes people feel like they REALLY WORKED OUT because of the soreness, but that's not how it works.
>>
HOW THE PHUCK DO I STOP EATING
HELP

Im not obese but I'd rather not be
How. Do. I. Fucking. Stop. Eating.
>just use willpower
>just b urself

I fucking can't. For the love of god someone tell me how do i into willpower
>>
are calories more important than the actual food?
What if I eat healthy but sometimes have chocolate but fit the calories will I not lose weight?
>>
File: IMG-20151227-WA0022.jpg (315 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151227-WA0022.jpg
315 KB, 1200x1200
>>25441052
Quick opinion on this?
>>
File: example.jpg (187 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
187 KB, 1240x1754
>>25441115

You organise yourself and leave as little as possible left for the willpower.

1. don't buy shit you know you won't resist
2. buy foods that can be a chore to eat, like beans

Seriously, try going one day with ONLY BEANS, and eat 1500kcal of them, which should be undereating for you, and see how much willpower you'll need. Not much, you may not even be able to finish those beans, and you won't be hungry anymore.

It's less about willpower than organising, choosing the right food, and keeping track of your weight and calories.
>>
>>25441166

Nigga I live with my parents who buy junk every single fucking day. I have a job and I am expanding my hours and pay to move out soon

How much does living alone play into my diet and decisions? I think living alone will help me alot. No more junk
>>
>>25441121
>are calories more important than the actual food?

When it comes weight loss/gain, calories are the thing, yes.

Calories measure the energy in food, and food is nothing but energy to our bodies. The part we don't use are literally, literally shit.

>>25441121
>What if I eat healthy but sometimes have chocolate but fit the calories will I not lose weight?

You'll lose weight all the same. If you need 2000 but eat 1500, you will ALWAYS lose weight, even if you had 2000 calories of chocolate only. Not the healthiest, but not that unhealthy if you don't do this every day.

I had zero food today, that's even "unhealthier" than eating only chocolate, but it's not as bad as food corporations would like you to believe. Our bodies evolved to be able to spend entire days without any food. That's why our bodies are so good at storing energy (fat) for later use.
>>
>>25441115

Go to your fridge and throw away everything. Then go out and buy the bare minimum amount of food you need to survive. Actually, order it online so you don't see all that chocolate shit to tempt you. Write a weekly meal plan and know exactly what you are going to eat. If you have any friends ask them for help. If not, make a thread every day here for help.
>>
>>25441132

Any program will work for a beginner since no program is always worse than having a program at all.

It seems overly complicated to be honest. Some of the stuff there can't be done by a beginner at all and it needs more equipment than the program I generally give, which only needs DB.
>>
>>25441132
but why not use a Barbell? Even beginners get better results as it easier to lift more with a barbell, I guess that for someone without barbell equipment could use some of this but even so I have seen better routines. This one has way to much volume and its to frequent for a beginner, not to mention you are not going to be able to do 3x5 pull ups and chinups if you are a noob.
>>
>>25441218
so the whole thing about under eating and going into starvation mode causes weight gain is a fares?
>>
>>25439425
thread shouldve ended here guise.
>>
>>25441217
>Nigga I live with my parents who buy junk every single fucking day.

Is it possible to talk to them about buying healthier food?

Cans are cheap and contain healthier food than frozen goods.

>>25441217
>How much does living alone play into my diet and decisions? I think living alone will help me alot. No more junk

Oh yes, that will help. When there's nothing tempting in the fridge, you'll be all right and never tempted.

>>25441273
>but why not use a Barbell?

Only reason I know that is valid: work out at home and can't buy one. Otherwise, yes.

I agree on the rest of this anon's opinion.
>>
How do you escape skeleton hell?. I mean you should eat more and work out but literally every part of my body is shit so i dont know where to start. opls halp
>>
>>25441115
Our fitfriend will not agree with this.

>eat with a teaspoon. Can't? Don't eat it.
>put hot sauce on everything
>before eating, look at yourself in the mirror and see if you honestly deserve food.
>Three D's: delay eating as long as you can, distract yourself with another activity, decide if eating is more important than getting healthy
>do not hide what you (don't) eat in front of your friends. If your friends aren't supportive, get new friends.
>weigh yourself multiple times throughout the day
>brush your teeth when you're hungry. It makes food taste like shit.
>buy a 6 pack of water and keep the bottles full in the refrigerator to grab when you instinctively open the fridge.
>use a calorie counter and don't lie to it. If you can't measure it, don't eat it.

In other words, develop an eating disorder.
>>
>>25441279
>so the whole thing about under eating and going into starvation mode causes weight gain is a fares?

It is a farce, yes. There is no starvation mode. I can link you to a study if you want.

If undereating made you gain weight, we should immediately tell Ethiopians about it so they stop losing weight and losing weight as they starve.
>>
>>25441052
>You know there's a problem and you even know its origin

Yeah, but my mind loves that problem and wants it to continue. That's the main issue.

>you will indeed get from it

Of course. Most of my meals are just something meaty or veggie from a tin/can with a shitton of pasta. It's enough to get me full and I'm able to actually do it. I'll get a takeaway/delivery if I have the money, usually just a fuckton of fried chicken from a local kebab shop.

>Don't waste the years I wasted

Again, I don't want to but it's just incredibly hard. I don't see how I can meet that special friend you talk about because I've spent most of my uni life sat in my room browsing 4chan or hastily studying. It's really hard to not compare myself to anyone when I'm stuck in the same house with them most of the day.

>Pick one and I'll help

I'm willing to spend a lot on home equipment but my uni budget doesn't allow me (rents are ridiculous in Britain for someone like me). A little is all I can do.
>>
File: 1448935954991.jpg (43 KB, 413x427) Image search: [Google]
1448935954991.jpg
43 KB, 413x427
What's the best beginner setup I can have? I'm looking at copping a set of bench press, squat rack, the weights for those and a pair of dumbbells.
>>
>>25441261
>>25441273
Thanks families
>>
>>25441307

Even this face can improve massively by working out. Let me see if I have some illustration for it.
>>
>>25441321
>How do you escape skeleton hell?. I mean you should eat more and work out but literally every part of my body is shit so i dont know where to start. opls halp

You eat more calories, simply. If you have trouble eating solid food, drink whole milk. Drink throughout the day, as much as you can.

Also nuts, pistachios and the rest. These two things aren't hard to eat and don't feel like much, but you'll get shitloads of calories with this.

Eat what you usually eat in addition to milk/nuts.
>>
>>25441337
Not him but ethiopians do get what they call "pot belly", but it's clear what that is. The farce is people seeming to believe that you'll still look like a fat fuck despite eating only 500cals a day.
>>
>>25441107
>>25441080
Thanks guys. I'm skelly mode so want to gain weight/muscle.

Theres a bit of an intake with one of the people at the gym. What the fuck do I say to them, When they see a DYEL skelly mode faggot just after new years telling them he just wants to do free weights....
>>
What's a good (homegym) chinup solution for a large man (already squat and dl heavy, also not fat just bulkan ;__;)
>>
I really don't know where to start with healthy eating, where to get recipes or meal plans or how to develop my own. I could just eat plain chicken and a leafy salad and porridge but I feel like that would just make me relapse in to eating bad food.

I don't care about muscles, I just want to get the weight off and know what exercises will help me also build muscle to help my posture.

I cannot afford a gym membership right now.

I have some dumbbells and I have trainers to go running with.

I am 5'8 and weigh almost 200lb. I would really appreciate your help in terms of cutting and very basic muscle building.
>>
File: 1450574205844.jpg (728 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450574205844.jpg
728 KB, 1920x1200
What is the least amount of equipment/weights you need to start working out at home? What should I look for?

I already run and bike regularly but wanted to start trying some other stuff.

Going for otter mode if that makes a difference.
>>
>>25441324

Kek.

>>25441340
>Yeah, but my mind loves that problem and wants it to continue. That's the main issue.

In truth, neither of you love the problem because there's only one of you.

>>25441340
>Again, I don't want to but it's just incredibly hard.

You'll find that once you start trying, it will be easier than you imagined. I went from absolute bedroom seclusion to casually engaging in intense social events where people sometimes lose their shit, and I'm doing great. I know you can too, it's just practice and learning to not give so much of a fuck, which happens with practice and repetition. Just like muscles.

>. I don't see how I can meet that special friend you talk about because I've spent most of my uni life sat in my room browsing 4chan or hastily studying.

Maybe I'm it.

>I'm willing to spend a lot on home equipment but my uni budget doesn't allow me (rents are ridiculous in Britain for someone like me). A little is all I can do.

That should be enough for dumbbells. You can even just by a single pair of DB and you'll still be able to do the program. Just do one set per arm, then switch and do a set, then switch.
>>
>>25441349
>What's the best beginner setup I can have? I'm looking at copping a set of bench press, squat rack, the weights for those and a pair of dumbbells.

With dumbbells, this:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Or every other day.

With barbell, you can do SS or SL, pic related.
>>
>>25441388
>Not him but ethiopians do get what they call "pot belly"

I know, but you get the point.

>The farce is people seeming to believe that you'll still look like a fat fuck despite eating only 500cals a day.

This. Even CNN fucked up on their article about New Year's Resolution and weightloss:

>But eating correctly won't be enough to lose weight

Tell that to the starving Marvins of the world, propaganda machine.
>>
>>25441337
Could I get the link if you have the time? Thanks
>>
>>25441432
>Theres a bit of an intake with one of the people at the gym. What the fuck do I say to them, When they see a DYEL skelly mode faggot just after new years telling them he just wants to do free weights....

If they know anything, they'll know you already know what's good. If not, don't care about them.

>>25441433

Buy a power rack and cage that has pullups and dips. It stands 400 kilos, so you should be fine. Then you can also do barbell.
>>
Just wanted to say thanks man for trying to educate and help us!
>>25441592
>>
>>25440793
I most likely have sone genetic nerve disorder, not confirmed.

>>25440798
>clearly

Are you sarcastic? He looks really good but at the same time sorta attainable.
>>
>>25441592
>Buy a power rack and cage
I already have a very nice squat stand that I love, but it doesn't go high enough for chins. So I'm looking for something else.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
>>25441458
>I really don't know where to start with healthy eating,

Start with counting your calories, weighing yourself, and that's all. That's really enough.

Follow the DB program I posted above. If you stick at a certain weight, you will simply stop growing muscles, while training their resistence, so if you don't want to get bulky, that's one way to ensure you won't get bigger. But nobody truly worries about that, muscle growth is slow as fuck even when it's what you want.
>>
File: 1450002820394.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
1450002820394.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
>>25441472
>What is the least amount of equipment/weights you need to start working out at home?

Literally nothing. Body weights as in pic related require nothing except some chairs and shit.
>>
>>25441616
Oobz, didnt notice it was you OP. Fugg :-D
>>
>>25441572

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

>>25441599

Very welcome, friend.

>>25441616
>Are you sarcastic? He looks really good but at the same time sorta attainable.

I wasn't. I am natty though far from this guy's physique. What he got can be obtained naturally.
>>
>>25441634

>This completely theoretical and unproven image

top kek
>>
File: 1404502763952.jpg (337 KB, 647x3193) Image search: [Google]
1404502763952.jpg
337 KB, 647x3193
>>25441717

Lying is bad. Being ignorant is even worse.

This is completely proven and is standard knowledge.

Nobody doubts this, nobody.
>>
>>25441493
>Because there's only one of you

Well duh, but you get my drift.

>once you start trying

That's the issue. Starting is just as hard as continuing. I have to really convince myself to even sit down and watch a movie. That's not to mention that getting the motivation to lift and getting the motivation to go out are two different things. That's two mountains I have to climb.

>Maybe I'm it

Senpai finally noticed me

>That should be enough for dumbbells

What weights would you recommend? Lighter weights will definitely be too light for me.
>>
File: calories in calories out.png (20 KB, 1149x143) Image search: [Google]
calories in calories out.png
20 KB, 1149x143
>>25441760

Jesus Christ, there's no need to start posting meme images and strawmanning so quickly. Have you actually read up about calories?
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 260x194
>>25441829
>Starting is just as hard as continuing. I have to really convince myself to even sit down and watch a movie. That's not to mention that getting the motivation to lift

Once you get results, it will be easier. The beginning is the hardest.

>What weights would you recommend? Lighter weights will definitely be too light for me.

Oh, I recommend buying DB that you can add weight too. Don't buy DB that are just one piece. They'd literally become useless within a month or less.
>>
File: calories1234.png (35 KB, 1208x322) Image search: [Google]
calories1234.png
35 KB, 1208x322
>>25441847

calories balorie part 2: electric boogaloo
>>
File: what is a calorie.png (49 KB, 1288x407) Image search: [Google]
what is a calorie.png
49 KB, 1288x407
>>25441847
>Jesus Christ, there's no need to start posting meme images and strawmanning so quickly. Have you actually read up about calories?

Here's a picture for you. Stop spreading bullshit, thanks.
>>
>>25441521
Thanks for your help. You're genuinely doing a good thing on here.
>>
>>25441847

Not him, but as I understand it you will lose weight if you eat 2000 calories of shit and spend 2500 but you will lose it faster if you eat 2000 calories of healthy food.
>>
>>25441897

>the kinds of calories

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Calories aren't things, for fuck's sake. That's like saying "the kind of kilo", the "kind of meter".

Please. Ten meters of wood isn't longer or shorter than ten meters of bullshit.
>>
>>25441916
>Thanks for your help. You're genuinely doing a good thing on here.

Thank you.
>>
>>25441634
It doesn't seem like it's enough. I ordered some Orlistat which will stop my fat absorption, which I know was a fucking stupid thing to do. Especially as it cost 60 and that's two months gym membership.

I'm just going to make a diet plan for the week and hope I can stick with it as well as using a calorie counter..
>>
>>25441937

You know what it means you autistic faggot.
>>
>>25441892
>The beginning is the hardest

Yeah it definitely is. That's a personal issue on my end, unfortunately no amount of motivational talk from you or anyone else will really help that much.

>DB advice

Forgot completely about those. Now I need to find where I can buy them.
>>
File: nutritionlabel.gif (92 KB, 1017x630) Image search: [Google]
nutritionlabel.gif
92 KB, 1017x630
>>25442013
>You know what it means you autistic faggot.

I don't, because there are no kinds of calories, there's just a calorie and that's the amount of energy required to heat up a certain mass of water by one degree Celsius.

The rest is bullshit and won't make a difference.

Telling people not to count calories is what corporations want so you stay fat and consume more because that's more money for them. Studies have shown that smoking was beneficial for your health too, and guess who paid for that study: a corporation that sells cigs. Surprise.
>>
>>25442020
>Yeah it definitely is. That's a personal issue on my end, unfortunately no amount of motivational talk from you or anyone else will really help that much.

We shall see. You got the program, you'll get the DB. Try it once, see what happens. I'll be there every step of the way and I won't give up on you.
>>
>>25441937
Are you walking it? Ten meters walking across the street is different from ten meters across hot lava. Counting calories only works to lose weight, but without some kind of reflection on the "kinds" of calories, for example, are you drinking a 200kcal soda or eating some chicken and an apple, most people fall back into old habits. Becoming healthy is a lot more than becoming skinny. It's learning to use food as fuel and giving your body the right amount and kind of fuel you need to accomplish your goals. Otherwise, the best you can hope for is being a hungry skelly for the rest of your life.
>>
>>25439425
cut your hair tight like this guy.

make it look like you've got that sexy thinning manly hair on top (not receding from front) and shave it.

lift.

grow a beard.

done, anon.
>>
Been doing some research myself

Monday
Squats
Lunges
Calf raises
Shoulder press
Shoulder side raise
Shoulder frontal raise
Wednesday
Seated row
Lateral pull
Back flyes
Lower back
Biceps curl
hammer curl

Friday
Barbell chest press
Dumbell chest fly
Incline dumbell press
Triceps pull down
Triceps overhead extensions
Dips

all 3 sets 16 reps

Hows this for a firsttimer at the gym??
>>
>>25442055

By it he means what type of food, not just the amount of energy in it needs to be taken into account. Seriously, how do you function? Kill yourself.
>>
>>25441905

There are studies that prove the type of calorie matters, like the ones I posted. You're oversimplifying the human body.

Consider this, how does the contraceptive pill cause weight gain? It's not the calories in it senpai.

>>25441927

Yeah, it's a fine rule-of-thumb, but it annoys me when people post about it as if it's an established and simple truth.

>>25441937
I'm sure this tripfag on 4chan knows more than the Harvard Professors.

>>25442055
>There are no kinds of calories

Some calories are from fat, some are from protein, some are from carbohydrates. Your body has to work harder to break down calories that come from protein, this is why it's better than a calorie such as sugar, which your body will adsorb easier.
>>
File: 1404328733649.jpg (458 KB, 640x3904) Image search: [Google]
1404328733649.jpg
458 KB, 640x3904
>>25442083
>Are you walking it?

I'm not. Argument dead.

>>25442083
>Becoming healthy is a lot more than becoming skinny. I

Yes, but I'm talking about the vastly more commonly shared problem of being overweight. You know that.

My problem with you is you're trying to make a simple thing complicated, which makes people shy away from simple solutions, because people LITERALLY can't believe losing weight is as simple as counting calories, because if it was so, why would there be so many fucking diets to follow, so many companies that make money off of losing weight? Then comes you and your shit, and they believe you because it's the exact kind of pessimism that people asociated with "reality", and they give up. Do you think someone who doesn't understand calories will start giving a fuck about sodium, lipids, and and the rest? Of course not. They'll just give the fuck up. Many will be happy to have another shit excuse to throw at everyone's face.
>>
>>25441995
>post requesting some help and it causes a shitstorm but I am no closer than I was previously

I'll go to myfitnesspal forums with all the other fat chicks.
>>
File: strong-lifts-how-to.jpg (178 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
strong-lifts-how-to.jpg
178 KB, 550x778
>>25442143
>Hows this for a firsttimer at the gym??

Way too much in my opinion.

16 reps isn't how you'll get stronger, but you can build a good basis on that, maybe.

Try SS/SL at some point, see what works better.
>>
>>25442181

Have you ever considered that maybe if it were that simple people would have no problem losing weight?

Retard
>>
>>25442165
>By it he means what type of food, not just the amount of energy in it needs to be taken into account. Seriously, how do you function? Kill yourself.

I know what he means. I'm trying to tell him that energy is energy no matter what it comes from, and calories measure energy.

>>25442167
>There are studies that prove the type of calorie matters, like the ones I posted. You're oversimplifying the human body.

No. These details don't matter in the grand scheme of how bodies work, not one bit.

>>25442167
>Some calories are from fat, some are from protein, some are from carbohydrates.

Already discussed this. If you want to argue that a kilo of water weighs differently from a kilo of sand, be my guest, because that's exactly what you're doing here.

Energy is energy, it makes no difference where it comes from. If you produce 5000 with wood, or 5000 with oil, or 5000 with electricity, it's still 5000 no matter what.
>>
>>25442232
Right! Thanks mate
>>
>>25442318
>Have you ever considered that maybe if it were that simple people would have no problem losing weight?

Literally anyone who has problems with losing weight doesn't count his calories, or doesn't count them all.

If you eat at at deficit of 400kcal, you cannot, cannot, put on weight, or even maintain your weight, NO MATTER what you eat. Absolute fact you cannot deny.
>>
>>25442330

>Energy is energy, it makes no difference where it comes from

That's just objectively wrong.
>>
I went to the gym today and couldnt complete any exercises. Didnt have it in me.

Do i deload on all my lifts or try again with the same weight?
>>
What if Im broke as fuck? How am I suppose to get /fit/ ?
>>
>>25442435
>That's just objectively wrong.

>implying energy isn't energy
>ok

Just give up already. 10 meters is meters, 10 kilos is 10 kilos, 10 calories is 10 calories, no matter how hard you try, a calorie isn't a thing, it's a measure, and what it measures is the same. Time to break down food doesn't matter in the long run.

>>25442458
>Do i deload on all my lifts or try again with the same weight?

Deload. You should be able to complete your sets; in fact, with the given weight, you should be able to do a few more reps than you do. You're probably lifting too heavy.

>>25442471

Buy dumbbells if you have some money, do bodyweights if you have nothing.
>>
>>25442318
If you take in less calories than your body expends (which is around 1800-2200 a day depending on metabolic rate and ignoring any exercise) then you WILL lose weight. As in, it is physically impossible for you to not lose weight.

If you do this and manage to gain weight, then you'd better contact your local center of research because you've just discovered that the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to you, and you should be utilsed for testing immediatley
>>
File: 1309451043286.jpg (28 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1309451043286.jpg
28 KB, 500x480
>>25442622

This a million times. Also get original in here so I can post that damn thing.
>>
File: All calories equal.png (63 KB, 571x611) Image search: [Google]
All calories equal.png
63 KB, 571x611
>>25442529

>Just give up already. 10 meters is meters, 10 kilos is 10 kilos, 10 calories is 10 calories, no matter how hard you try, a calorie isn't a thing, it's a measure, and what it measures is the same. Time to break down food doesn't matter in the long run.

God, your circular logic is fucking awful. Of course, what you eat is never as significant as the quantity of it, but it still makes a difference.

This image BTFOs you btw
>>
>>25442435
Unless you're eating something indigestible this isn't true. It's true that different foods will have differing proportions of bio-available calories to their actual calorific content, but with most foods the difference is negligible. Obviously the nutritional values of foods are a massive factor in keeping actually healthy, but purely in terms of losing or gaining weight, calories are basically all that matters.
>>
Hows my routine, senpai?

Benchpress
Squats
Rows(hate them, might do something else eventually)
More benchpress, this time with Dumbells.
Latpulls because too fat and weak for pullups.

Alternated with

Over head pressing
Deathlifts
Powercleans
More overheadpressing, again with Dumbells
Latpulls
>>
>>25442698
"differences in weight gain seen for specific foods and beverages could relate to varying portion sizes, patterns of eating, effects of satiety, or displacement of other foods and beverages"

So no, the actual content of the food is irrelevant in the context of actual weight gain/loss, it's just the knock on effects that certain foods have such as being less filling causing you to eat more that effect differences in weight gain.

The picture you posted literally says that it's the subjective effects on hunger that alter the results, hence if you count calories and monitor your intake, this is a non issue
>>
>>25442699

Let me sum up what you just said:

>You are wrong, energy is just energy no matter where it comes from
>Except it's not
>>
>>25442698
>God, your circular logic is fucking awful.

Saying ten kilos of anything weighs exactly as much as ten kilos of anything else is not circular logic, it's just a fact.

What you fail to understand is that if food X fills you up and food Y doesn't, it has still nothing to do with their calorie count. Literally nothing.

Your picture seems to confirm what I am saying, not what you are saying.
>>
>>25442750

Looks good to me.

How many sets and reps? How many times a week?
>>
>>25442797

>Implying humans are robots that are all capable of perfectly sticking to calorie-counting
>>
>>25442844
These images already prove you wrong, I don't know I'm still arguing.

>>25441897
>>25441897
>>
>>25442905
>implying you're a weak-willed pig that can't do something as stupidly simple as not stuffing your face at every oppertunity
>>
>>25442875
Every other day, Reps differ. Bench, Squats, Rows, Overheadpresses are for 5 reps, 3 sets
Deadlifts for 5 reps, 5 sets, with increasing weight(like 60/70/80/90/100kg). Dumbell stuff and machine stuff for 8 or 10 reps whatever also for 3 sets. I try to do eight and increase weight when i manage ten reps.
>>
>>25442983
>These images already prove you wrong, I don't know I'm still arguing.

Unfortunately they don't since they acknowledge that the difference is subjective and has to do with psychology.

Your only aim here is to justify giving up. You're not even offering a better solution. There's nothing better than counting calories to lose weight. I've done it and I've lost 8 kilos easily, eating anything I wanted, including junk food and chocolate. Considering that, what's a better solution?
>>
>>25443005

Looks excellent to me.
>>
>>25439917
but fruit smoothie is amazing for strength if you are doing power lifting. judging from personal experience anyway.
>>
>>25443055
>the difference is subjective
So now you're saying that calories are subjective and vary for each person? I think you just started arguing my point for me m8
>>25442997
But calorie-counting is for weak-willed pigs you moron...Only fat people with no self-control have to resort to it.
>>
>>25443216
>So now you're saying that calories are subjective and vary for each person?

No, that's what you're saying. Your study doesn't say that calories aren't calories, just that the eater will get different impressions of what they eat, which literally doesn't matter.

Are you denying that undereating will make you lose fat and that overeating will make you gain fat?
>>
File: Thermodynamics.png (21 KB, 577x197) Image search: [Google]
Thermodynamics.png
21 KB, 577x197
>>25443282

>Are you denying that undereating will make you lose fat and that overeating will make you gain fat?

No, you fucking moron, I'm saying the type of food you intake affects your weight, not simply the amount of energy in it.

For example. this image is about how the type of food you eat affects metabolic rate, and therefore, the amount of calories you burn.

Oh what's that? It does make a difference you mongoloid.
>>
File: burger social.jpg (42 KB, 966x721) Image search: [Google]
burger social.jpg
42 KB, 966x721
I don't really want to get /fit/, but I want something to do and autism over. Since lifting takes time out of your day and everyone who does it is borderline autistic, it seems like a great hobby for an autist like me with too much time in their hands.

Is this a valid reason to start lifting?
>>
>>25443216
>But calorie-counting is for weak-willed pigs you moron...

How else are you supposed to know how much you've eaten, then?

>>25443352
>No, you fucking moron, I'm saying the type of food you intake affects your weight, not simply the amount of energy in it.

So it is possible to eat less calories than you need and GAIN weight if you choose the right kind of food? Can you give me an example of that?
>>
File: 1451417723779.png (353 KB, 1337x849) Image search: [Google]
1451417723779.png
353 KB, 1337x849
>>25443363
>Is this a valid reason to start lifting?

No, but if it gets you lifting, all the other reasons will become apparent to you and you'll benefit from all of them anyway.

Start levelling up ASAP, young padawan.
>>
>>25443427
>wanting an autistic timesink hobby isn't a valid season to start lifting
Well fuck you then. I'm gonna start lifting but I'm gonna do it as inefficiently as I can, just to waste my time. I will also read all possible material on getting /fit/ and become very knowledgeable in it but never apply the information. I will then proceed to go to /fit/ and argue with other autistic faggots and never get any gains, just to spite you.

Nah, just kidding. Propably gonna look up an autism heavy items lifting club near my workplace so I can go there after work to be an autist with the other autists.
>>
>>25443427
>No,

If you're autistic, know that this was a joke. Any reason is a valid reason. And enjoying repetitions is a strong bonus for you. Once you start getting results, you'll feel more motivated than ever. It is literally levelling up with your own body.
>>
How does the concept of "sets" work? Are you supposed to take a break between them or something?
>>
>>25443574
>How does the concept of "sets" work? Are you supposed to take a break between them or something?

Yes. That's it. After your series of reps, you put the shit down and rest. 2 minutes is generally regarded as the best time if you're lifting heavy. I don't always do 2 minutes, but you should rest enough that you can repeat the whole series without much trouble. If you find that you can't, rest some more.

That's the idea.
>>
>>25443386

>Denying the evidence

Ez win m8
>>
I really like lifting but I have a lot of trouble with the diet part due to laziness and depression. I'm relatively skinny (155 @ 5 9) and have a lot of trouble gaining weight as a result. What should I do besides "man up"? just make calorie rich smoothies x2 a day?

(I also have a dairy allergy which makes bulking even worse as I can't do yogurt, milk or whey)
>>
>>25443651
>Ez win m8

I asked you questions which you chose not to respond to because, most likely, you'd have to agree that it's not possible to undereat and not lose fat, or overeat and not gain fat.

Checkmate, friendo.
>>
>>25443744

The question you asked is answered in that image but you decided to ignore it

> you'd have to agree that it's not possible to undereat and not lose fat, or overeat and not gain fat.

I never said that was true
>>
>>25443741
>I really like lifting but I have a lot of trouble with the diet part due to laziness and depression. I'm relatively skinny (155 @ 5 9) and have a lot of trouble gaining weight as a result. What should I do besides "man up"? just make calorie rich smoothies x2 a day?

From the little guide I'm writing for you guys:
-----------------------------------
2. Gaining Weight

To gain weight, you simply eat more calories than your body burns. Calculate your daily caloric need, basic metabolic rate, and eat more than that. Unlike losing weight, you can eat significantly more than your daily need without health hazards, and if overeating is difficult for you, you won't be concerned with potentially eating too much.

If solid food is a problem for you, you can drink whole milk throughout the day. You can also eat nuts, such as pistachios, since those contain lots of calories for their small sizes. Doing both should be an easy to add mass to your body.

Many skinny people believe that their bodies function differently and that they are somehow special. The truth is that most simply don't know how many calories they really eat during the day and overestimate what they actually eat. There's nothing magic about it: if you undereat, you lose weight, if you overeat, you gain weight, by definition.
-------------------------

It's a first draft so it may contain mistakes and whatnot. Let me know if that helps.
>>
>>25443792
>I never said that was true

OK, then it goes from that counting calories is relevant and useful.

If the differences you mention don't actually change the fact that undereating ends in weight loss and overeating ends in weight gain, then why the hell does it matter?
>>
>>25443613

/fit/izen here aswell

My life made a complete 180 when I took accutane and got shredded. Looking better really does change lives.

Go for it robots, get fit, you have nothing to lose.

Losing weight could be your gateway to a better life

You will look better all around, feel better, and live better
>>
>If the differences you mention don't actually change the fact that undereating ends in weight loss and overeating ends in weight gain, then why the hell does it matter?

When did I talk about overeating and undereating? You're just strawmanning over and over

>counting calories is relevant and useful.
I never said it wasn't relevant or useful, I just said there's more to it than the numbers

I think you've realised you're wrong now and you're just denying everything so I'm done now
>>
File: 1451749183754.jpg (98 KB, 609x960) Image search: [Google]
1451749183754.jpg
98 KB, 609x960
>>25443838

Thanks, breh.

(Got muted for unoriginality, which is very unoriginal and should no longer be allowed.)
>>
>>25443877
>When did I talk about overeating and undereating? You're just strawmanning over and over

Dodging like a bitch.

>>25443877
>I never said it wasn't relevant or useful, I just said there's more to it than the numbers

Then why bring it up at all? There's not more to it than numbers if that shit makes no difference to under/overeating, friendo.

>I think you've realised you're wrong now and you're just denying everything so I'm done now

I'm saying the same thing I've said since the beginning: it's all about calories in and out and the rest is trivial detail that no fat fuck should care about.

You're done now because YOU have realised you were arguing stupidity.

A calorie is a calorie, eating more of them than you need results in weight gains, eating less than you need results in weight loss, just as I said all along.
>>
>>25443942

Jesus, maybe people like you struggle with weight because you're just fucking dumb.

In fact, it's been proven that people that weigh more are dumber.

I don't know why I'm debating with someone inferior to me.
>>
>>25444004
>Jesus, maybe people like you struggle with weight because you're just fucking dumb.

I don't struggle with weight, that's the point. As soon as I learned about calories and started counting them, I lost 8 damn kilos without even exercising.

>>25444004
>In fact, it's been proven that people that weigh more are dumber.

You don't even realise that I've never been obese...

>>25444004
>I don't know why I'm debating with someone inferior to me.

If I were inferior, you'd still be using arguments instead of whining like a bitch.

Stop wasting my time. You've lost, you've made a fool of yourself, and you can't undo that.

Now tell us, if you still want to argue, what the best way to lose weight is.
>>
>>25444084

>I don't struggle with weight, but I needed to calorie-count to lose weight

Are you too dumb to see where the contradiction is there?

>I've never been overweight, but I'm putting my resources into losing weight

Again, another contradiction.

>Now tell us, if you still want to argue, what the best way to lose weight is.

I dunno m8, but I sure enjoyed derailing your shitty thread
>>
>>25444206
>Are you too dumb to see where the contradiction is there?

How are you supposed to lose weight if you have literally no idea how many calories you eat per day?

I don't get that. Was I supposed to make guesses based on... on what? How I felt?

The idea that counting calories is "struggling" is plain retarded, champ.

>>25444206
>Again, another contradiction.

How so? I want to lower my BMI because I have too much bodyfat on me. There are degrees between having more bodyfat than one likes and being obese, ffs.

>normal
>overweight
>obese

I'm in the normal range, BMI-wise, friendo. I've been overweight before I started doing healthy stuff and counting my calories, but I've long since left that department. Thanks to calorie counting.

>>25444206
>I dunno m8, but I sure enjoyed derailing your shitty thread

But, sillyhead, you didn't derail shit. Calories is one of the most central things we could discuss ITT.

>if that was you revealing your trolly ass, it failed beautifully
>>
Doing good progress on the "small" guide. It's now huge and is made of the usual answers I give to you guys.

Anyone around?
>>
How do I gain weight as someone who's been very skinny his entire life and seems unable to gain weight?

I eat a 3 proper meals of food every day and have been eating candy and shit all my life quite frequently without gaining almost any weight, not even on the belly.

Is it even worth to start lifting or exercising without first gaining weight?
>>
>>25445160
>How do I gain weight as someone who's been very skinny his entire life and seems unable to gain weight?

Covered this in the guide, here's the bit:

---------------

2. Gaining Weight

To gain weight, you simply eat more calories than your body burns. Calculate your daily caloric need, basic metabolic rate, and eat more than that. Unlike losing weight, you can eat significantly more than your daily need without health hazards, and if overeating is difficult for you, you won't be concerned with potentially eating too much.

If solid food is a problem for you, you can drink whole milk throughout the day. You can also eat nuts, such as pistachios, since those contain lots of calories for their small sizes. Doing both should be an easy to add mass to your body.

Many skinny people believe that their bodies function differently and that they are somehow special. The truth is that most simply don't know how many calories they really eat during the day and overestimate what they actually eat. There's nothing magic about it: if you undereat, you lose weight, if you overeat, you gain weight, by definition.
----------------

Hope that helps.
>>
>>25445160
>Is it even worth to start lifting or exercising without first gaining weight?

Yes. You can overeat (bulk) during the training.

Whole milk and pistachios, binge on that good stuff, friend. Count your calories, make sure you overeat, and you WILL put on weight.

See pic from
>>25440247
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Guys, I've finished the first version of my little guide for you. I'm not sure it's small enough to be posted, let's see...
>>
>>25445463

It works, and it's readable. This guide covers most of your questions.

Over 9000 hours on Paint.
>>
>>25445463
You're a saint
>>
File: deadlift-muscles-worked.png (105 KB, 455x295) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-muscles-worked.png
105 KB, 455x295
>>25445601

I'm glad you appreciate. I will certainly improve and add things to this guide. It was originally called "Nick's Quick Guide to Fitness for /r9k/" but then it wasn't that quick anymore.

If anyone reads it, let me know if it's clear enough.

I'm probably going to use this as the OP next time.

Just thinking about that one anon who's going to sign up for a gym tomorrow makes me happy.

And I'll stick around. We're gonna make it!
>>
>>25445463
>that's the bulk of it

top pun
>>
>>25445777
>top pun

Top trips.
>>
>>25442181
I was clarifying what the study said, you argumentative fucking teenager.
>>
>>25445799
top dubs
>>
File: wtf is going on.png (32 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
wtf is going on.png
32 KB, 236x236
>>25445839

Top kek. Ooooriginal. Original, not muted.
>>
File: 1387798116747.jpg (145 KB, 1366x1065) Image search: [Google]
1387798116747.jpg
145 KB, 1366x1065
Quiet thread for now, I'll dump stuff from my fit folder.
>>
File: 1449682367407.jpg (225 KB, 832x1125) Image search: [Google]
1449682367407.jpg
225 KB, 832x1125
Essential image for anyone taking up strength.
>>
File: 1451334012268.jpg (72 KB, 736x652) Image search: [Google]
1451334012268.jpg
72 KB, 736x652
This could be useful to someone.
>>
File: 1451416706541.jpg (192 KB, 1351x505) Image search: [Google]
1451416706541.jpg
192 KB, 1351x505
Some stuff about SS.
>>
File: 1451417264034.png (472 KB, 1650x2200) Image search: [Google]
1451417264034.png
472 KB, 1650x2200
A list of /fit/ achievements you can unlock.
>>
File: edit.png (334 KB, 900x644) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
334 KB, 900x644
Something about being fat being a bad thing.
>>
File: IMG_1297-copy_zpsd190c3c9.jpg (105 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1297-copy_zpsd190c3c9.jpg
105 KB, 600x421
Evidence that free weights are the best.
>>
File: 1450250253848.jpg (70 KB, 425x716) Image search: [Google]
1450250253848.jpg
70 KB, 425x716
Can't tell what that one is exactly from the thumbnail. Posting anyway.
>>
File: 1450779456966.jpg (95 KB, 677x825) Image search: [Google]
1450779456966.jpg
95 KB, 677x825
Something against fat acceptance.
>>
Fasted cardio y/n?

I normally do it fasted because of time constraints wakeup -> cardio -> shower -> eat -> work

but things have changed in my life and i have the time to eat before cardio, should i change it up?
>>
File: 1451581242202.png (33 KB, 888x108) Image search: [Google]
1451581242202.png
33 KB, 888x108
Some truth.

Is everyone gone?

>OP
>his thread

I should go to bed anyway.
>>
Smoking weed will affect my gains?
>>
>>25446307

If you can do it fasted and experience no problem, then continue that way. It's a sure way to make it so that you tap directly into your stored energy rather than in the one you just ate.
>>
>>25446350

I honestly don't know about that one. I don't see why it should any more than anything else, but I don't know.
>>
>>25446350
there aren't really any credible studies on this, just anecdotal everywhere.

however, the general thinking seems to be that no, the drug will not fuck your gains, but it may make you do (or not do) things that will hurt them.

unlike say, alcohol, which fucks your shit right up
>>
>>25446511
>unlike say, alcohol, which fucks your shit right up

Apart from the calories, what does it do?
>>
>>25446551
http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/2/8/781/htm

essentially it fucks with your bodies ability to recover, and as we know, you don't actually get gains by lifting, but you get them from recovering/repairing the muscles that were damaged during lifting.
>>
>>25446669

OK, thanks!

Orrrriiiiginaaaaaaal post coming through.
>>
Can someone explain to me what a fucking "rep" is?!

I keep seeing "go 3 reps then rest 2 min".

What's a rep? If I use a dumbbell for 5 minutes how many reps are that?
>>
>>25446969
>Can someone explain to me what a fucking "rep" is?!

It's explained in the guide, but basically rep is a repetition of one movement. Sets are made of reps.

4x5 pushups

4 sets of 5 reps

You do 5 pushups, take a break, do 5 more, take a break, etc.
>>
>>25446969

From guide:

--------------
How to Lift

What, exactly, does one do when lifting? Let's assume you've chosen dumbbells. What now? You should get a program (like mine) and follow it. The dumbbell program I give includes exercises that don't require dumbbells (like the squat and pushups) and aims at giving full body strength.

Now, how heavy should you lift? Before I answer that, we must go over the notions of "reps" and "sets". A rep is a repetition of a movement, a set is a series of reps. Consider the following:

3x5 squats

That means you are going to squat 5 times in a row and then stop. That was one set (of 5 reps). A pause is necessary for your muscles to compose themselves again so you can redo the same series without having lost strength; if you tried to do another set immediately, you'd not be able to. If you were able to, you'd be lifting far too light, as I'll explain in a moment.

In any program, you do all the sets for a given exercise. Don't do "circuits" where you change the exercise after one set. I've personally done this for months and all it does is get you exhausted, waste your time, and while it gives some results, it's not as efficient as doing your sets fully for one exercise before moving on to the next; it's also less satisfying as you never feel like you've finished anything. Doing a circuit program with too many exercises had me working out for nearly two hours, sweating a lot, feeling like I was doing what was right, and ending up in not gaining much strength.
-----------------------------
>>
>>25447052
>>25447075
Thank you! didn't see the guide. good stuff.
>>
What are some ways to naturally boost testosterone?
>>
>>25447126

Welcome.

Other questions?

>>25447151

I don't know about that.
>>
Free weight = calisthenics??
>>
>>25447223
>Free weight = calisthenics??

Nope. Free weights are basically objects you can freely move around, like dumbbells and barbells.
>>
>>25447242
Ok
If you use protein powders or bcaa are you still natty?
>>
>>25447282
>If you use protein powders or bcaa are you still natty?

Protein is just protein, the same as you'd find in eggs, milk, meat, etc.

So yes, it's natural.
>>
>>25447223
calisthenics are more like bodyweight exercises ><
>>
File: 1391152479909.jpg (200 KB, 420x631) Image search: [Google]
1391152479909.jpg
200 KB, 420x631
Thanks for all the effort OP, you really are a friendly /fit/izen.
Got any advice for someone with anterior pelvic tilt? I need some good exercises for butt and core muscles but can't do deadlift.
All I really do right now, as for fixing APT, is trying to maintain a better posture during the day. Tried planks as core exercise but I never really notice but my form is pretty bad.
>>
File: 1424272133536.png (422 KB, 789x720) Image search: [Google]
1424272133536.png
422 KB, 789x720
Where's a good place for skinnyfat girls to go for advice?

/fit/ is mainly geared towards men, Tumblr is geared towards eating disorders and looking at photos of people who look good without any real advice as to how to achieve said goal body, and the bodybuilding forums is not only very clunky but again seems mostly for men.

I just want to learn how to do lifts geared more towards being a slim, muscular qt and making snacks that replace the god-tier deliciousness of dipping kit-kats into Nutella jars and eating them along with brown-sugar fried bacon.

I don't want to eat leaves for the rest of my life but I also want to look attractive because right now I look great with clothes but like a petite hamplanet when naked. So much cellulite. So many belly rolls. So much fatigue.

I don't want to blow up like a balloon in a few years. I need guidance though and basically to be handheld through recipes/exercise regimes geared for women because I am too neurotic to feel comfortable with creating a personal routine and personal trainers are too much money.
>>
This is all terrible advice. If you have good genetics, do whatever you want. If you have bad genetics, roids are the only thing that do work.
>>
How do I lose without going to the gym? I can't really afford it, but I do have these weights laying around. Are there exercises I can do? I'm a 5'8 160 pound grill. Please and thank you.
>>
>>25447546
>Got any advice for someone with anterior pelvic tilt? I need some good exercises for butt and core muscles but can't do deadlift.

Not for now, no. With things where you have an injury or some issue, I'm very cautious and in your case, I literally have no idea what you ought to do. Sorry.
>>
File: 1451685650238.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451685650238.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>25447638
>Where's a good place for skinnyfat girls to go for advice?

Right here.

Most of the advice that applies to men will apply to women. My own guide is intended for everyone.

>>25445463

>>25447638
>I just want to learn how to do lifts geared more towards being a slim, muscular qt

All you need to do is just not lift too heavy in the end, but honestly, as a woman, to get beefy beyond your wishes would take years and years. it's not like it's gonna happen overnight.

Have some Rey lifting. She deadlifts 80 kilos and she's the kind of qt you want to be.
>>
>>25447638

Do read the guide, it'll answer most of your questions.

Here are some programs:

Dumbbell program for full body:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

(cont)
>>
File: a cute deadlifting.webm (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
a cute deadlifting.webm
1 MB, 720x720
>>25447638

Barbell tutorials. And yes, even females will gain from getting stronger.

You won't get beefy any day soon.

Work Out Tutorials

https://youtu.be/F3QY5vMz_6I?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/-4qRntuXBSc?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/Dy28eq2PjcM?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/rT7DgCr-3pg?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/423Ew_DQC40

Wrong webm, before, I always get it wrong.
>>
social gains advice?
>>
>>25439965
I heard about a smoothie diet, where all you drink is smoothies and you'll lose weight as long as you watch your calories? Is this accurate?
>>
>>25447776

Since you're not aware that genetics can easily be overcome and that muscles come from training, not genes, then you really can't judge any of the advice in this thread.

I'm sorry to say, but you are a sad piece of shit and nobody should care two fucks about your pessimism. You just want others to stay at your level because it's too hard for you to rise up.

Shoo.
>>
>>25447815

1. Losing Weight

The most essential part of losing weight is this one word: "calorie". A calorie is not a thing in itself, it is a measure of energy: the amount of energy required to warm up by 1 degree Celsius a certain mass of water. There are only two parameters you really need to consider to lose weight (or gain weight, actually): the energy you eat and the energy your body burns.

On average, the human body burns 2000kcal per day. If you eat 2500kcal one day, the extra 500kcal will not go to waste; your body will store this extra energy as fat. This is why we get fat: we store excess energy for later use. This happens because our bodies have evolved to fight starvation, a common problem in our ancestors' lives.

It makes no difference where the calories come from: a calorie is a calorie, be it from fruit, fish, meat, candy, it's all the same. Some will argue that a calorie of this isn't the same as a calorie of that, but it is as ridiculous as saying 10 meters of wood isn't as long as 10 meters of iron. 10 meters is always 10 meters, no matter what the object is made of; it is the same for calories: 1000kcal of anything is the same amount of energy as 1000kcal of anything else: it's 1000kcal.

That is not to say that every food will satisfy your hunger, though. 2000kcal of beans are more likely to make you hate food than 2000kcal of chocolate.

So, to lose weight, you simply need to put less energy in you than your body consumes. Concretely, google some calorie calculator and find out what your basic metabolic rate is - this is the energy your body burns by just existing, breathing, heartbeat, etc. - and take 400kcal from that. This new number is now your cap. Depending on how much you exercise and the sort of job you have, this number can vary; from personal experience, my actual cap was 800kcal lower than calculated, so keep that in mind.

cont
>>
>>25447815

cont

What you should do is simply this: weigh yourself every morning after you've evacuated (peepee, poopoo) and write it down. Then, throughout the day, write down the calories you eat, and at the end of each day, you write the total. Do this every day. This will allow you to see what your real maintenance is and control your calories accordingly.

You can aim for 1 pound or 500 g a week. Exercising is not required to lose weight. While not the most beneficial way to go about it, losing weight without exercising is still far superior to not losing weight and not exercising. If weight loss is all you want, it can be accomplished by simply regulating your caloric intake.

---------------------

from my guide, posted ITT.

>>25447815
>Are there exercises I can do? I'm a 5'8 160 pound grill. Please and thank you.

Do read the guide, it answers all this.

>>25445463
>>
>>25447815
>but I do have these weights laying around. Are there exercises I can do? I'm a 5'8 160 pound grill. Please and thank you.

do this:

>>25447925

>>25448015

Yes, but even without turning everything into a smoothie all you need to do is count calories and calculate daily need.
>>
>>25448013

Relax more, ask people question and listen to them. Everyone loves talking about themselves, except perhaps our sort, but you can use this to your advantage and learn things about people from them directly.
>>
File: 1308441884014.png (33 KB, 523x497) Image search: [Google]
1308441884014.png
33 KB, 523x497
3:24 am here.

I must depart. I will see you again soon.

Take care and read that guide!

Nighty.
>>
File: 1424809851891.jpg (49 KB, 496x441) Image search: [Google]
1424809851891.jpg
49 KB, 496x441
>>25447899
I really appreciate your guide, I read it all and I feel like those are great guidelines!

I have lifted before and ended up hurting my lower back on hamstring exercises, still hurts to this day. As retarded as it sounds, I was in the gym and chatting with some people, and someone told me it was okay to do the certain exercise (not sure the name but it worked out your hamstrings by having your knees bent and torso down, and you lift up with weight at your chest) on your lower back. After that I got really untrustworthy of any IRL sources at the gym and that's why I am super reliant on online stuff...people are too uneducated in the general population and you can't do on-the-spot fact checking at the gym.

I guess the main thing I need is tools to be more organized (counting calories, going to a gym [I was at one but I just moved countries], exercise routines, planned timing.) Could you rec any calorie counters/online routines? Best time of the day to work out? Is it really true that I could eat ~1700 cals of fried chicken protein, follow your guidelines, exercise frequently and still look like Cameron Richardson after? Or is there a point where specific food past calories matters (like is fried chicken a bad macro compared to plain white chicken breast?) What if I do all of that but focus a lot on squats, will it get me a bigger booty? Will exercise get rid of cellulite or will it still be there (so I know what to expect)? Will taking Zumba/Yoga/Pilates classes help to maintain "good health" for staying in shape or are they more bullshit zen scams better for mental relaxation and socializing?

ALL OF THAT ASIDE, I am reading (and saving) your guide and routines and they have been very explanatory. Thank you for that!
>>
>>25448032
>You just want others to stay at your level because it's too hard for you to rise up.
do you get all of the things you say from inspirational tumblr quotes?
>>
>>25448107
How long would it take to lose weight if all you did was count calories and eat junk food. I imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer. You can't just eat anything because junk food gives you more fat.
>>
>>25449579
If you stay at your TDE - 500 you should drop around 1 lbs a week no matter that you actually eat.

you'll feel like shit and be hungry all the time tho, and will probably get quite sick over the long term.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.