[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened to /r9k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: fucking normies leave.jpg (65 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
fucking normies leave.jpg
65 KB, 618x564
Where are all the robots gone? I left this board months ago before the robot and now there is pure shitposts and trash, where are all the robot greentexts and insightful comments? Did the normies cut your balls robots?
>>
It was gradual. So gradual that I didn't notice the change until someone pointed it out to me.

There was a sudden increase lately.

I don't like it.
>>
newfag /r9k/ im not Noirmie Before im came here i was on /b/ and /pol/ so weher have all True Robots gone
>>
>>25438481
It's over

/r9k/ is dead
>>
>>25438481
This is objectively the worst weekend all year due to the freed up demographic. Quality content and people capable of holding decent thread spanning discussions are most likely enjoying unwinding for the New Year/their presents. The only people on the board today are the fuck ups who have nothing to keep them busy over the Holiday weekend. See: the massive tripfag presence online right now.
>>
Its sad i go over to /wizchan/
>>
>>25438481

Fuck off. This board was never intended to be a NEET haven for you.
>>
>>25438886
Shut your fucking mouth, normiescum
>>
>>25438828
That was a great fucking comment.
>>
>>25438870
but in wizchan you cannot talk about women, and that is an important part of being a robot.
>>
>>25438924
keked. Don't know why, but keked.
>>
>>25438481
How does making this thread not make the robots that are left want to leave fag? I really hate the bots that announce they are leaving more so though, but this is still bad. Like >>25438773 says, GRADUALLY, this kind of negativity is going to get them to leave.
>>
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 797x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 797x900
>>25438481
It's been downhill since 2 years ago, but wow what the fuck? I don't understand how it's gotten so bad. It's as if the entire community was replaced by middle schoolers, tripfags, and people from /soc/. I've talked to a lot of people on "r9k" Skype groups and they're mostly girls, middle schoolers, and random half retarded failed normies. All of them claim to have discovered 4chan within the last 6 months.

I don't know who invited them, but they stayed and outnumbered us and then more came and felt right at home. The eternal september is real. I give up, off to new Chans. I shouldn't be this invested in a shitty place like /r9k/, but after years, it fucking hurts seeing how far this board has fallen.

I wonder where all the robots went, and why I somehow stayed behind when the rest clearly moved on.
>>
>>25438886
Umm... That's exactly why Moot put it back up after deleting it in the first place. We created our own site and moved to it in numbers big enough for him to reconsider.

Seriously, saying that /r9k/ isn't for robots is like saying that /v/ isn't for people interested in videogames and /a/ isn't for people interested in anime.

In short: You're fucking retarded, so fuck off back to reddit or wherever you came from.
>>
>>25439319
My personal guess as to why we have so many people who really don't belong here showing up recently is that pepe and the story about where's he's from has spread all across the internet.

Then again it could just be part of the constant flood of people showing up here from reddit after seeing all the 4chan memes on r/4chan.
>>
Another reason for the influx of normies may be the holiday period. They are all off work and at home with tons of free time

Next week they will be back to wageslaving or full time education so wont be able to post as much
>>
>>25438481
was it shit in 2012? thats when i first lurked here and came over from /k/ because im a social retard. people always bitch about boards declining, but in the last 6-8 months the bitching has increased a fuck load
>>
>>25439395
What story? I haven't heard of it. Link please?

>it could just be part of the constant flood of people showing up here from reddit after seeing all the 4chan memes on r/4chan
Yeah, that's a definitely gotta be a huge part of it. For a while they seemed to be leaving, but I think pepe and the tendies/GBP are what ultimately killed it. The board was constantly on the front page of reddit.

Normies just outnumber robots, and will willingly shit up any community. The amount of blatant new posting I see is ridiculous, and no one even calls it out. So long, anon.
>>
There tends to be more normalfags around holiday, as the ones that are losers have nothing better to do then shit up the internet.
>>
>>25439502
>was it shit in 2012?
Yes, but a different type of shit. The community was clearly mostly outcasts, loners, and weirdos. Shitposting was always there, but the community was pretty solid. Now the shitposts are the only posts at all.

Now the community is mostly women, orbiters, tripfags, attention whores, literal children, alternative normies, and failed normies. Worst of all, all of them are new to both the board and the website.

They don't remember storybro, they don't remember when greentext story threads alway existed and always had 300+ replies, or even dumb shit like Lorde posting. They don't remember when mischief threads were actually about funny fucked up shit instead of just
>I did something trivial lol how devilish
And a bunch of other things they weren't here for. And it doesn't really matter, it's just a stupid board on a stupid Tibetan butterfly collecting forum.

RIP
>>
Robots are such a small percent of the population, if the whole of this board were only true robots we'd be shorthanded.
>>
>>25439782
This post sums things up well enough. This board seems to be getting progressively worse. It isn't a board for people with abnormal behavior or poor social skills anymore. It's a board where normies who can't get their shit together and shitposters post the same things daily.
>>
Imagine a life where you were born & raised great, so you never felt the urge to be great at anything beyond that, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something through hard work. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist with good looks and social skills. You're a Normalfag.

You're bored, tweeting about your fucking gf/bf and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be a dick and petty toward lesser people. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a nice appearance that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and actually have to bust your ass to get anywhere.

And then you see robots, over in some corner of 4chan, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external memes, green texts, banter, feels. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being hilarious, and happily learn from someone who out memed them. These creatures are truly content to be robots. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.
And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realize you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you post over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a normalfag.
>>
>>25438481

I started coming here a few weeks ago seems fine to me
>>
>>25439332

>Umm... That's exactly why Moot put it back up after deleting it in the first place. We created our own site and moved to it in numbers big enough for him to reconsider.

You didn't create your own site faggot. You didn't create anything. Moot took /r9k/ away because it was a colossal FAILURE. Beta virgin losers took this board hostage and ruined any chance at an interesting OC/greentext board (the original purpose). He was nice enough to give you faggots a second chance at not ruining everything, but of course it's exactly the same. Don't be surprised when Hiro gives this place the axe.

This isn't /NEET/ now fuck off.
>>
>>25440223
But Hiro can't give this place the axe. It's a containment board for shitposts. Just look at what happened when /pol/ was temporarily ruined.
>>
>>25438481
>I left this board months ago before the robot

all the real robots left long before you even got here new friend. this place is just b8 for reddit karma now, and has been so since late 2012 latest.
>>
>>25440223
Real talk.

The social misfits and self-pitying losers who wanted to make this board their personal clubhouse have always been cancer. It really irks me to see these kiddies from 2011 waxing nostalgic about 'feels posting' and lamenting that r9k should go back to being a naval gazing pity party that celebrates loserdom.
>>
>>25440223
Moot fucked up by not making this place >Greentext and banning feelposters to /adv/ (why it was created in the first place).

It was, like all of 4chan, meant for outcasts (and not the normalfaggot reddit /soc/ shit we see now) but the RREEEEE shit has been annoying since it started.

I use to come here only for good greentext like kickflip, or futurebro posts. Nothing that goods been constant for years now.
>>
>>25439782
Storybro was gay. That's why that shit stopped. I never even used to the threads.
>>
>>25440223
A board's culture is made by the users, not by the admin. Most users decided they wanted this board to be about feels, so that's what it became.

Fuck moot and all the other people for whining about the fact that they never got what they themselves wanted. They could've made a new board to get that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.