[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt: traumatic life experiences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x1136
Itt: traumatic life experiences?
>>
>war
>what is it good for?

At least I know I'm not a pussy.
>>
>>25438215
being born

very original comment btw
>>
File: 13515262626.jpg (39 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
13515262626.jpg
39 KB, 550x453
>>25438215
Served in Afghanistan, got shot 3 times in an ambush and saw the lead vehicle blow up from an IED. A dude I had known from boot died and another lost his leg and right hand.

We were friends but not super close, it still destroyed me and most of the other dudes that were involved.

>tfw chicks hear about my service, and think its amazing and so "brave"
>tfw they throw themselves at me
>tfw I wish I could just forget about it all
>>
>>25438385
This is the only place I feel normal, I'm 22 and have seen horrible shit. I hide it all and drink myself to sleep every night.

I go to school just so I get the money from the military. In reality I wish I could just hide forever.

I dream about dying regularly but never act because I think about all the people that lost their lives and it would just be selfish.
>>
>>25438385
>joining the military
That's what you get for being a dumb shit.
>>
>>25438504
Thanks anon, I respect your opinion and agree.

I was a dumb kid at 17 that wanted to be a "badass" If I could go back I would never have joined and gone to college.

>live and learn
>>
File: image.png (56 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56 KB, 500x382
>>25438385
Sorry to hear about that, OP. My cousin's vehicle was blown up by an IED. It fucked her in the head, but she didn't get fatally hurt so she refused to leave the marines. Then a suicide bomber almost blew her up and that made her snap.

>tfw she went from happy and social to quiet and sad
>has nightmares and has woken up and ran out of the house a few times

Feels bad, man. With two Purple Hearts she got a good job that she loves, she's hired to run errands for her favorite professional basketball team and gets paid very handsomely. I didn't know that was a job, but hey someone has to do it.
>>
>>25438816
I wasn't OP but I can relate so much going from out going and loving life just wanting to be "badass."

Now I am super guarded and quiet, and always sad. I have nightmares regularly and I always find myself just mindlessly taking night walks just looking at the sky. Wondering where it all went wrong.

Just smile and hug her, sometimes I wish I had someone who cared for me but I always fear I'm to unstable to be loved.
>>
File: 1443024625611.jpg (23 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1443024625611.jpg
23 KB, 499x499
>Abusive dad when I was younger
>Beats me frequently when I screw up.
>He often use a leather belt
>Occasionally he would hit me in the back head with his palms

>Abusive 5th grade teacher
>Humiliates me in front the class
>Verbally threats and cuss at me everyday
>Barred me from leaving class and as a result I'm late for other lessons.

>School bullies
>Ruffle me up almost everyday
>Occasionally a few punches and kick to my gut
>This suffering continued till I graduated.

What did I do to deserve all of this punishment in life?
>>
File: 1451714104630.gif (113 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
1451714104630.gif
113 KB, 498x594
>>25438385
I wish girls would throw themselves at me
>>
File: 15315156236234627423.jpg (117 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
15315156236234627423.jpg
117 KB, 640x492
>>25439198
Have them, I wish they'd all leave me alone. They sit there and beg me to talk about my service and I'm too nice so I wont tell them to fuck off.

>tell me about it anon pleeeeeease
>nah I would prefer not to
>whhhyyyyy not
>because it brings back bad memories
>ok fine
Fuck college chicks. Happens so fucking much, then they get mad because I wouldn't talk about it.
>>
>>25438385
>it took 3 bullets and massive trauma to get women to notice him

On a different note, I hope you find peace one way or another.
>>
File: fun.jpg (81 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
81 KB, 500x493
>2 hour bus ride with two high schoolers sat behind me, discussing my ugliness at length and kicking the seat

The pinnacle of my career of literally dozens of fun ugliness related incidents.
>>
>>25439357
Worse part is I had a girl when I deployed and she cheated on me and dumped me.
>who would've guessed right?

>>25439138
I had an abusive dad as well, fuck him man, fuck them all. You didn't do anything just forget them.
>>
>>25439138
this is the punishment for being a fucking pussy
>>
>>25439138
You must have a punchable face.
>>
Got captured by Seleka rebels while I was in the CAR back in 2013. Bad case of wrong place, wrong time, I was held by them for a week and among other things was technically raped. Overall it was pretty shitty, but it was also a strong life experience I guess. Definitely changed me, probably for the better.
>>
original bump for original thread
>>
>>25439334
Tell them and go into graphic detail just to make them feel like shit for asking you.
>>
>>25438385
you are a massive faggot

you should have been taken down with your 'buddies'
>>
>>25438215
I watched my mum die a week after my 9th birthday, I was sat home alone next to her corpse sobbing for hours after she drew her last breath from cancer.
>>
Watched a guy blow his head off in front of me after holding me at gunpoint. I tried to lunge forward to take the gun from him and he jumped back, and pulled the trigger at me but he didn't have a round chambered. We both kind of stood there in shock for half a second and then he just racked the slide and capped himself. I remember picking teeth out of my hair while his wife was screaming and trying to put his head together. I still dream about it sometimes.
>>
>>25442018
Give us the full story.

You were being held up by him and his girl and then the dude randomly offed himself?
>>
>>25442078
>firefighter/EMT at call-based department
>get call for suicidal male
>guy is a "frequent flyer" so when we get there we're all lax and the cops let me talk to him in the room alone
>cops and partner go out into hallway to talk to his wife
>starts pacing around the room, getting agitated
>suddenly pulled out a .45 from under his mattress, apparently the cops didn't search him or the room too well
>levels it at me
>start talking to him real slow and quietly and try to keep his attention on me so he doesn't start shooting through the wall at my partner or the cops or his wife
>start stepping closer and closer
>try to go for gun
>pulls trigger, doesn't work, we both stand there in shock for half a second
>racks slide and blows his head off
>everyone rushes into the room after hearing the gunshot

Basically it was our own complacency and my hesitation that got the dude killed, or at least that's how I see it
>>
>>25442288
Wow scary. Dont you have nightmares that the gun was loaded that day and you'd died there?
>>
>>25442437
For a little while I wished that's how it had gone down, because at least that way the cops would have rushed in and tackled him or something and I could probably have survived the shot.

I'm pretty much over it now, but like I said I still dream about it. Sometimes it's just reliving what happened, or sometimes it's a family member or close friend in place of the guy, shit like that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.