[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>havent done grocery shopping for almost 3 weeks >running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
>havent done grocery shopping for almost 3 weeks
>running out of food
>hungry

how do my fellow NEETs handle grocery shopping? I hate going outside.
>>
Self checkout + headphones on every time
>>
>>25434747
The only difficult part about grocery shopping for me is deciding what to buy. I suppose I'm not as awkward and insecure these days as I once was.
>>
I'm in the UK. Big supermarkets (Tesco, ASDA, etc) deliver to your door here. All you need to do is make your order on their website.
>>
Go at midnight. You can't buy alcohol (at least in my state) but if you're an odd social outcast NEET, that isn't a problem.
>>
>>25435087
this.

>research best value items
>get that shit delivered to my door
>can even choose a 1 hour window

it's so /comfy/ anon
>>
NEET all my life here
grocery shopping is the one thing i dont procrastinate or have any kind of anxiety aboot
mom always took me grocery shopping as a kid so i think thats a huge reason for it.

its not like im going to have a conversation with the cashier so shopping in general isnt a big thing for me
if you cant ever feel comfortable shopping as a NEET like me you are a lost hope. seriously.
>>
>go to store
>find food
>buy food
>home

Its literally easy.
>>
>>25434747
>tfw self checkouts all full
>tfw have to take to qt cashier
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 429x429
>>25435367
>if you cant ever feel comfortable shopping as a NEET like me you are a lost hope. seriously.

Oh ok then.
>>
>>25434747
Amazon Pantry and just order all food online
>>
>>25435367
>>25435387

You know some people have paranoia right ? Feeling like everyone is watching and judging you when outside is hell, and i don't even look bad, it's mental.
>>
File: sun.jpg (56 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
56 KB, 360x270
I do grocery shopping at 6:30 am and go through the self checkout at Walmart. Also this is when I start drinking.
>>
File: 1421425217270.png (126 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
1421425217270.png
126 KB, 750x709
>cashier recognizes you

ABORT ABORT ABORT
>>
OP here and I'm disappointed by these answers. listen to yourself, just like how chads tell you to "just be yourself, bro" you tell me to "just go to the store and buy food"

you know what? go fuck yourself.
>>
>>25435464
You just gotta suck it up dude. Just be the best you that you can be.
>>
>>25435464
You are absolutely right, there is people with paranoia who can't stand to go outside, of course we can't force them to ever be uncomfortable so what we should do is let them starve to death
>>
>>25434747

I hate crowded aisles, crowded lines, people standing in the way, etc, so I go on weekends at 6 AM when it opens. Takes me like 20 minutes and there is no waiting and no lines.
>>
>>25435485
>delivery driver knows you by name
>always says thanks for the big tip
>constantly have extra free shit that I didn't order

Its a shame, that particular restaurant had great food.
>>
>>25435498
Back to wizzardchan with you electric boogaloo edittion
>>
>>25435514
>le ebin justbeurself meme xd

You can't even imagine, after 2 minutes of walking in the street i start sweating and walking strangely, after 10 minutes i have to sit and rebuild some mental strength.
It's hell
>>
>>25435541
>what we should do is let them starve to death

Or they can order 20 pounds of pasta and be done with it.
>>
File: smileee.jpg (17 KB, 479x470) Image search: [Google]
smileee.jpg
17 KB, 479x470
>>25435464
i used to feel like that but then i had an epiphany aboot that
they are, technically. you are doing the EXACT same thing when you look at a person even if its just a glance...but guess what? nothing is gonna happen ever, your not gonna burst into flames or die on the spot.
you are goin aboot your day and they are goin aboot theirs

moment you can come to terms with that, goin out in public is much easier.
(that doesnt include goin out for social events or anything else tho, those are a whole other amount of feelings)
>>
>>25435642
Is your U key broken?
>>
File: radass-daily-best-pic-dump-28.jpg (71 KB, 550x591) Image search: [Google]
radass-daily-best-pic-dump-28.jpg
71 KB, 550x591
>go to grocery store closest to my house
>no self checkout
>the only cashier working is that kid on antidepressants who has a weird speech cadence and frequently comments on your purchases. Sometimes he overshares.

Depressed Cashier: Hi, how are you?
Me: Pretty good, thanks
Depressed Cashier: Well, I'm glad someone's good. I just saved someone's life last night.
Me: Well, that's good.
Depressed Cashier: No... it was my dad. He won't appreciate it though cause he doesn't care about me. Sorry... I shouldn't be telling you this.
Me: Well it's a big event. (finishes paying) I hope things get better.
Depressed Cashier: They won't.

I walked quickly to my car and shouted obscenities the whole way home, then drank heavily. I don't want people to share feels - ever.
>>
>>25434747
How did you grocery 3 weeks ago? Do the same this time. You can do it anon.
>>
>>25435661
That cashier sounds like a true brobot
>>
>>25435627
I would rather let them starve to death tho
>>
>>25435642
>that doesnt include goin out for social events or anything else tho, those are a whole other amount of feelings

Fact.
>>
>>25435709
Why are you so mean desu

Og com
>>
I shop excursively at 3am at Sobeys.

Fucking nobody. Sometimes I can just walk out of the building with my shit and not pay cause not even the single cashier there is paying attention.
>>
>>25435464
grow a pair. like, seriously. expose yourself to that fear and own it.

or else, literally starve.
some paranoia can be justified but this is just pussy ass shit you need to get over asap and forever after.
>>
>>25434747
I plan everything out autistically then I go through it really quickly wearing ear plugs so I don't have to hear toddler tantrums and normies making subtly rude comments
>>
>>25435911
I bet you lesson giving fucks have much more problems than paranoia, why would you spend days here judging other robots ?
>>
>>25434779
This is the best answer here. Self checkouts are great and walking around with headphones on and shopping late at night is pretty calming.

>>25435661
Haha what I've been to places where they try to make the people who work there be overly friendly and make shit comments on your purchases but this is just insane
>>
>>25435996
dude, if you're NEET, then I can argue that you have an abundance of problems and they are far worse than somebody's problems who's a functioning member of society who got a job and training/degree, etc.
>>
>>25436042
Trader Joe's is the worst for that. Cashiers are always trying to talk to me about the shit I'm buying.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye-XEcD8gRo

lol
>>
>>25436068
Quit the bullshit, you wouldn't be here if you were normal.
In my country i can be a NEET and rent my own place and even buy a very expensive gaming PC, i prefer that to being a wagie any day.
>>
>>25436099
>muh tax money

kekerino
>>
>>25435179
>Blue laws
Thank god for my State Liquor stores stay open till 9-10 every day.
>>
>>25436099
lol.

pregnant, smoking, and pjbs, triple fuckup.

its true tho m8, if you buy a 10 dollar piece of meat with food stamps thats not right dog
>>
>>25435573
Back to reddit you disgusting failed normalfag numale
>>
>>25435367
I'm agoraphobic. It's not a lost hope, it just takes therapy to undo all of the damage normies did to you.
>>
>>25436210

>wants food
>won't go to the grocery store

wanna know how I know you're retarded?
>>
>>25435498
Either order groceries using a service online or starve then if you don't want to go outside you retard.
>>
>>25434747

Headphones + self-checkout is generally good as other anons have suggested. I recommend coupling this with going at a quiet time. If you have 24hr supermarkets nearby, then go at about 3am or so and it's almost deserted. That's really about the best you're going to do.

Even if you fuck the self-checkout, the staff don't worry - they just come over and swipe a card and it goes away. It's 3am, so they don't want to talk to customers. Of course, if you want alcohol or something else that needs age verification then you have an issue.

Stores also deliver these days (well, they do in the UK). That's generally pretty easy, though I always get anxious and fixate on waiting for deliveries ("what if they don't turn up?"/"what if they want to talk to me?"/"what if my food order is weird and they judge me?"/"do I tip?"/"what if I go to the bathroom and miss the call?" etc.). I have the same problems with takeaways.

To be honest, those are really the only two options (unless you get someone else to do it for you and deliver it no questions asked?). If you shop in bulk, you can minimise the number of trips you have to make.

Personally, I don't like waiting for deliveries, plus I generally enjoy the inpsiration of going to the store. I go to my local 24hr which is a short walk away, at about 3am or so. It's usually pretty quiet outside, and the shop itself is dead apart from the odd staff member restocking. I bring a sports bag so that I can carry lots of stuff, but even that's only enough for 7-10 days (different if you can fill a whole trolley and drive to and from obviously).

At that sort of time, people recognise that you're not living a normal life, and everyone is tired anyway. Thus, you are unlikely to have to engage with anyone at all. If you're anxious, I recommend the headphones because people are even less likely to bother you and it can chill you out. Have a drink or whatever else you do to calm your nerves before you go.
>>
>>25434747
over here, some chains can have your groceries delivered to your home... worldsavers
>>
>>25436336
great advice, fucktard. fuck off.
>>
Anyone ever go to the grocery store and a mother quickly grabs their kid when you approach? It makes me feel like a creeper. I can't tell if I actually am creepy or if every parent thinks any guy is a potential kidnapper.
>>
>>25436382
Yes. Not just kids, but women's body language will visibly move away from me. The life of an ugly male.
>>
File: 1394323228339.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1394323228339.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>pull into the parking spot. use my trembling hands to turn the keys and kill the car.
>begin to hyperventilate and start to lose my composure before entering the store
>*BING* the automated doors open and I manage to supress a mild panic attack
>grab a hand basket thinking I will only get a 6 pack
>enter the actual store and a clerk greets me asking how I'm doing and if I need any help with anything
>f-f-fine thanks
>my pulse is now racing over 180 and I can hardly see
>decide it would be better to get a case so I won't have to endure this for another 3 or 4 days
>put my hand basket down and go back outside for a regular shopping cart
>*BING* pulse back into the lower 200s
>staring directly at the floor as I inch by the clerk again with weak legs
>do not look up a single time as I blindly navigate my way
>end up fumbling 2 cases into my cart and make my way a checkout line
>10 agonizing minutes pass in line with my eyes locked and staring at a neutral area
>"Someone's having a party haha, find everything ok?"
>mumble y-y-eah as I stare directly at the credit card swipe machine
>barely manage to drag the pen across the screen before my shaking hands betray me
>"Thank you sir, have a great day!~"
>Y-y-you're welcome
>*BING*
>no more nightmares for the next few days
>>
>>25436382
This happens to me too senpai

Also I get glares/looks of disgust from most women/girls

such is life
>>
lmao just kys fags
>>
>>25434747
Just order stuff online, next day delivery exists for a reason. Hell even amazon sells food these days.
>>
OP here...debating on going tonight or wait until monday.

pros of going tonight: can buy pasta and a coke...maybe some other goodies.
cons: I might have to shave and take a shower so I don't get looks

pros of waiting: my anxiety will go down
cons: will go hungry
>>
>>25436117
>you wouldn't be here if you were normal.

nice assumption, but *gasp* wait a minute...what makes you think you can possibly know something like that? protip: I'm not giving away anything about my personal situation. so call it bullshit all you want. that doesn't make your shit any less wrong.
>>
>>25435498
Well what the fuck do you want to hear? Your options are:
A: Go to the store and make use of self checkout
B: Order food online from Amazon
C: Use GBP to get tendies from mummy
D: Starve and/or kill yourself
>>
File: Amazon Pantry.png (172 KB, 364x258) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Pantry.png
172 KB, 364x258
OP, Amazon has a pantry service, you can buy a fuckload of different grocery store items and have it shipped to you for like $5 in a nifty huge box.
>>
I am a wagie, but I also have schizoid personality disorder and prefer not being around or interacting with people. Grocery shopping late at night is great for avoiding crowds, although the produce available is often meager compared to the day. Wearing headphones has a negligible effect when there's only one other customer in the entire store, and if there's stock staff around, they don't want to talk anyway, but it also blocks out all outside noise with your own, so if you're anxious about leaving your cave, go for it. Late night cashiers tend to be surly and untalkative as well. I often get in and out with only a single word exchanged.

Good luck. I used to have severe anxiety about being in public, but I eventually realized that no one remembers you anyway. Especially if you appear infrequently.
>>
>>25436615
Anyway i genuinely prefer being a NEET than being a wagie, tried both btw
I wish you a happy life
>>
i always get the same things
Bananas
Almonds
12-grain bread
Turkey and ham lunchmeat
Skim Milk
Eggs
Whatever frozen dinners are on sale
5-6 packages of frozen mixed vegetables
>>
self check out, I buy food for 1 week 1/2, I stretch it further as I fast 72-96 hours every 2 weeks

the hardest park for shoping is markets as it's more dealing with people but it cheap and you can haggle a bit
>>
>>25436506
Jesus fucking christ man
Get a script for xanax or something
>>
>>25436506
Have you tried drinking a little bit before shopping ? Works great
>>
>>25434747
>plan what I want to buy and what it's about to cost
>park car as far away from other cars as I can
>pick a cart
>speedwalk into supermarket
>tunnel vision engaged
>throw everything I want/need into cart
>go to checkout and prepare money (usually only 1 banknote)
>nervously put stuff on conveyor belt
>nervously hand banknote to cashier
>throw change into some pocket
>throw stuff back into cart
>speedwalk out

I'm not NEET tho
>>
>>25435586
I feel you, man. I'm fucking scared of walking down the crowded street. It seems like everyone looks at me in a fucked up way.
I also can't use headphones while in public. For some reason I always think other people can hear my music.
>>
>>25434747
I eat joylent all day every day. It's cool because this way I don't get too many calories and I don't get fat. And I don't have to go out to buy anything.
https://www.joylent.eu/
>>
>>25436506
That happens to anybody that drinks. The trick is to pop a xanax before u go
>>
>>25436506
>drives a car
nice shitpost normie
>>
>>25435436
NEETS BTFO
E
E
T
S

B
T
F
O
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.