[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >lie around for another 2 hours >finally enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
>wake up
>lie around for another 2 hours
>finally enough energy and enthusiasm to get up
>eat something
>energy and enthusiasm used up, ready to go back to bed for another couple hours
Is this what life is?
>>
wakeup...grababrushandputalittlemakeup

Find some hobbies, fampai. I'm learning how to paint and I'll be taking clay sculpting lessons this year too
>>
Isn't there anything about life that you gain pleasure from? Why not do that?
>>
File: 1450812106813.png (118 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1450812106813.png
118 KB, 500x482
I'm trying to find a way to cheap myself out and get some free discipline
>>
File: 1439178618199.jpg (318 KB, 1133x892) Image search: [Google]
1439178618199.jpg
318 KB, 1133x892
>zone out for hours every day

I might have a problem
>>
>>25432963
I have hobbies. I used to make music. I still like musik, but I don't have the energy/enthusiasm/motivation to do anything.

>>25432976
Not really desu. Music, kinda, but not enough.
>>
>>25433002
This is really badly drawn
>>
>>25432990
this picture is so good.
so good.
>>
File: 1444862626704.jpg (20 KB, 228x227) Image search: [Google]
1444862626704.jpg
20 KB, 228x227
Guys, does meditating help build discipline?

I need some quick and easy ways to start getting productive, but I have no money
>>
>>25433017
sounds like depression
shit nigga
>>
>>25433017
Find that spark again. Find whatever made you want to make music in the first place.

You have pretty standard depression tb h. How many times do you masturbate? Masturbation fucks up your brain's reward system and makes you lethargic too
>>
>>25432943
Welcome to depression! Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>25433060
I guess a part of me wanted recognition? But I never got any anyway, not with my music or anything else.

I've pretty much given up on masturbating since it feels so empty and meaningless anyway.
>>
>>25433090
To add to the first part, sometimes I get a cool idea for a song in my head and I finally sit down at my computer and start working, but then I end up half-assing it and getting annoyed and hating myself and going back to bed.
>>
File: 1450354855155.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450354855155.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
the only hobby I have anymore is listening to music, and it's just because I can't stand the silence
>>
File: 1448722431266.jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1448722431266.jpg
96 KB, 650x650
> pic

My problem is "getting the ball rolling"
I want to do that but I've tried so many times that it's become habit to attempt to start but then give up
>>
> Leave bed at 3 PM
> Dad asks when I'm going to look for a job
> "Huh...y-yeah...*mumble,mumble*"
> Disappointed look
> Leave bed, shower eat
> Play video games for 8 hours
> Go to bed

WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN?
>>
>>25433249
What do you play? I play video games sometimes too even though I don't really like it much anymore, just because I can't live with my thoughts and need distraction.
I've taken to playing Crusader Kings 2 because it isn't hectic and I can't disappoint anyone.
>>
>>25432943
>energy and enthusiasm
energy has to be generated

This is a problem that held me back which Carlton handled nicely in Will Smith's intellectual masterpiece the fresh prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D2RvIQwQE

I've never understood envy, you see some other kid doing his math homework and you feel the need to start dissing him. Apparently people do this though and I fell for it, I thought I had to be dumb to be cool and popular and basically didn't put as much effort in as I wanted in high school. Only now do I learn that other people are fucking stupid and you really don't have to listen to them. I don't think corporate America is evil, I believe in freedoms, I love reading quarterlies, learning about the economy and all the little people milling around trying to be economically productive, it is like an autist's dream, not only that but it provides opportunities to make a living as well, but I left myself out because of this dumb attitude I was brought up with in the ghetto.

There is time to correct this and whatever follies you have. If it is irrational that is justification enough to cut it out of your brain.

Cut it out and build new attitudes. This won't cure depression of course if that a problem but it will help a little.
>>
>>25433310
To be honest, video games aren't that fun for me anymore, but it eases the boredom. I play Hotline Miami and CS:GO and others. Games, where you don't need to think much and simply kill. For the easy mind I read manga.
>>
>>25432943
Get a fulfilling job dude
>>
>>25433422
I have a job. I go back on Monday. After a typical day of work I come home and go to sleep for an hour or two, after which the exact situation I described in OP takes place.
>>
I think a morning routine and waking up by time is gold. Even if you like to sleep long in the morning I would limit myself to say around 10 o'clock. Set two or three alarms with 10 mins between them if you struggle with oversleeping alarms. Make it a rule that after the third you go showering. After that you are allowed to go back to bed if you really really are drained otherwise have breakfast.

I can't say it changed my life completely, there is still a lot of negativity in my life and sometimes I fail getting up on time or just have an energy less week so I don't accomplish anything but it really helped me to get at least a bit better about not being lazy all the time.
>>
>>25433030
Yes, you should definitely meditate. Do it every day.
>>
>>25433422
Not him but I got a job

living the same as a NEET, just with less free time

wageslavery is hell
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.