[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/, how do I get rid of acne? I've had it strong for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Favim.com-17344.jpg (60 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
Favim.com-17344.jpg
60 KB, 500x412
/r9k/, how do I get rid of acne?

I've had it strong for 10 years now since 2006 when I was in the 6th grade. I've been on several major acne meds, plenty of over the counter stuff, tried crazy shit I've seen on the Internet, eat plenty of foods filled with Vitamins A and C, change my pillow sheets, and all the other stuff you're supposed to do; but nothing ever helps.

What do I do?
>>
Cut out dairy and processed foods, eat tons of green vegetables like broccoli, spinach and kale, drink lots of water, wash your face twice a day and never touch it. Failing that, accutane
>>
>>25432999
I will follow the trips of truth
>>
Try Hibiscrub (Hibiclens in the US), it worked for me.
>>
>>25432999
this, wash your face and dont fuck with it
smoking weed made my complexion worse too
>>
accutane

it will make you miserable and ruin your life for 6 months but the results are real
>>
I had dirt therapy when I was 18, got rid of my worms and my butt acne. See if that works for you.
>>
>>25433386
Dirt therapy?

What is that, anon?
>>
>>25432999
Accutane helps, but there are other factors. Stress can lead to acne, also washing your pillowsheet or switching every night will help. Kick out soda, and drink more achohal, vodka really helps dry my face out and my complextion always looks good the morning after I drink. Dont be afraid to pop those bitches either, and experiment with different fashwash, took me a while to find one that does the trick.
>>
>>25433417
I have noticed that drinking does improve my face for a while, but I always thought it did more damage than good
>>
>>25433405
It's like bathing in mud I think?
>>
I don't know if it will help everyone out there since we're all different, but I've had acne for around 14 years and have stopped it from being such a bother recently.

Instead of using a bunch of products with chemicals, I bought liquid castile soap and squirt about half a tbsp into a bottle filled with 12 ounces of water.
When I go to wash my face, I'll squirt some into my palm after wetting my face and then scrub my face. When I rinse, I usually don't use a washcloth or anything.

To moisturize, I use a tiny bit of olive oil.
Yeah, olive oil is great. It doesn't clog the pores like I thought it would, it absorbs into the skin fast so you don't feel all greasy and your skin becomes super smooth. I use organic first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Since I've been doing this, I've hardly gotten any zits and the occasional one I do get is very, very tiny. Olive oil helps heal the skin because it has vitamin E and shit. It's pretty reasonably priced like $11 for a 16oz bottle and a little of that seriously goes a long way. You'd only need about 1 tbsp if you wanted to moisturize your entire body.

I have incredibly sensitive skin as well as rosacea and this doesn't cause me to flare up or anything.
I did also change my diet where I eat less carbs and get more fruit, veg and meat.
>>
File: Hides.jpg (18 KB, 274x228) Image search: [Google]
Hides.jpg
18 KB, 274x228
>Got rid of acne at age 23 finally
>Left with scars that will never go away and dermatologist lasers, peels, medication and creams aren't fixing
Jokes on me haha
>>
>>25433677
For reasons unknown to anyone, I actually find acne scars really sexy.
>>
dont wash your face. you could be irritating your skin by washing it. just let it be and the zits will fade
>>
>>25433677
You could try using a derma roller (also called micro needling) and good quality vitamin E oil.
Look it up on the ol' youtube and you'll see some people that had fucking disgusting skin end up looking pretty good in the end.
If you do try this, make sure you only use the derma roller once every 6 weeks. Some people are stupid and use it more often than you're supposed to and don't give the skin proper time to heal.
>>
BP for mild shit

Topical Isotretinoin for moderate shit

Accutane for severe shit
>>
I'm 28 and my acne I got at 13 is still here. The sheer amount of scars used to depress me a lot but I accepted my fate.
>>
>>25432941
Do not eat anything 3 hours before you go to sleep so you won't drool.
>>
>>25432941
>go to dermatologist
>Get a prescription for Minocyclen
>wait a few weeks to a month
>face will be decently clear

I had bad acne for a while, but after quiting some outside sports and getting hooked up on minoclyen everything cleared up. Also go into a pool with cholrine once in a white, It will do you wonders
>>
>>25433765
Well I've tried rollers before but I guess I did it wrong. Every other week with 1.0 looks like that wouldn't have cut it, so I just ordered a 2.0 and will be sure its only every 6 weeks. Thanks anon, anythings worth a shot.
>>
>>25433915
I sleep on the same pillow with GF and she drools a lot. What can I do?
>>
>>25434071
remove gf
>>
>>25434406
She's not kebab
>>
>>25433510
Just dont drink like crazy man, I get a little buzzed and thats it. You dont need to go Frat boy on this shit.
>>
File: 1416732974819.jpg (16 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1416732974819.jpg
16 KB, 237x250
>>25433386

>got rid of my worms

DID NOBODY ELSE SEE THIS PART
>>
>>25433341
I'll actually start using Accutane this month. My acne is not that severe, but the scarring is already on a critical level. What should I do while and after I'm on Accutane? Any stories from people who used it are welcome as well.
>>
>>25436247
Don't bully him, he got rid of it and thats what matters
>>
>>25436348
Drink shitloads of water, use a lot of lip balm, and don't drink alcohol because it will make your face incredibly red. Also try to avoid sunlight but unless you're a NEET who never goes outside this one is tough. But believe me, after 3-4 weeks you'll be having break outs so bad you won't want to go outside. Your face will get a lot worse in those 6 months before it gets better.
>>
File: 1451538916274.jpg (11 KB, 308x291) Image search: [Google]
1451538916274.jpg
11 KB, 308x291
>>25436247
>yfw he's a dog
>an actual dog
>on the internet
>>
File: wKN7qV2.gif (2 MB, 430x300) Image search: [Google]
wKN7qV2.gif
2 MB, 430x300
>>25436623

An actual dog posting on the internet? I find it hard to believe.
>>
peroxide.
>>
>>25432941
Did you ever try Differin gel? I tried everything. It's the only thing that ever worked for me. Not only did it make my acne go away, it went away forever. It's a prescription medication. If you haven't tried it, get it.
>>
>>25436348
>don't get pregnant
>lip balm
>don't get pregnant
>water
>don't get pregnant
>get your blood drawn monthly
>don't get pregnant
>don't kill yourself

Did I mention to not get pregnant?

I did 2 cycles about 10 years ago. I had to sign a form stating, as a guy, that I would not get pregnant. The blister packs had warnings about how dangerous the drug is for a fetus. It will cause havoc with your lipid levels. I had to give blood monthy to check them

A non FDA approved way is to order the shit through a Canadian pharmacy and titrate the dose yourself.
>>
File: 1445517230088.jpg (36 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1445517230088.jpg
36 KB, 462x579
>>25432941
>What do I do?
Grow up. No, really. Pic related. You'll either grow out of it or you won't, which in case I such you go get medication for it. I had the worst acne in a high school of nearly a thousand kids and still get acne to this day on and off. Unless you're literally rubbing pizza all over your face all you can do is wait.
>>
>>25432999
I was on Accutane two years ago and I personally found it didn't do anything for my acne. It just left me with incredibly dry skin and cracked lips for about 10 months.

What I do find helps is being outside. I worked at a scout camp last summer and spent most days outside for 2 months. It pretty much cleared up completely. Came back in the winter.
>>
>>25438429
I was vfar from having the worst acne but damn HS acne sucked so much.

At it's peak my forehead was a completely bumpy area. Kind of looked like a nature track, untouched by man. I also had acne on the cheeks and every once in a while I'd get HUGE pimples right in the center of my nose that would protude like fucking tumors. Also white zits would randomly show up out of the blue near my lips and nose and were a bitch to pop

Now I'm 21 and it cleared up quite nicely. I still get a bit of acne once a while under stress (5 pimples on my forehead recently, took two weeks to heal), and for the some reason I get a huge swelled pimple on the base of the ridge of my nose every once in a while but other than that I'm pretty ok now
>>
Epiduo along with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser at night, showering in the morning, and flipping my pillow/changing out my pillow case helps me keep it minimal. I've got really dry skin as a result though. Have to use a moisturizer without oils.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.