[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on anti-depresants here? Are they helpful at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Anyone on anti-depresants here? Are they helpful at all?
>>
>>25431583
No, I'm not and yes, they are
sauce - I'm a medfag
>>
>>25431583
If you want to change, they help. Otherwise, you become someone you despise.
>>
>>25431583

Im on 300mg of Wellbutrin. For me, it doesn't make the shitty feelings go away but it does make them less intense so I can think clearer during the bad depressive episodes. SSRIs made me feel like shit.

They can help you but only if you actively put in an effort to change things while you're on them. The most noticeable change for me is the increased energy levels, which makes it easier to do stuff that I would struggle doing before, like exercising or going to class.

They're not just going to make your depression go away, and they generally take at least 2 weeks before they're fully effective.
>>
I'm on 20mg of Fluexetine (Prozac) daily.

Diagnosed with chronic depression and PTSD.

It helps, makes my bad moods far less intense. Took about a month to work, started on 10mg for a month and have been on 20mg for about six weeks now. Doctor is probably going to put me up to 40mg in a week or so, because I feel as though the effect has plateaued.

It's made my head much clearer and I'm not constantly in a shitty mood or anxious as fuck the whole time. Hasn't gotten rid of it completely but it's made it much less intense. I feel like I'm more functional also.

Can recommend meds, but you might have to fuck around with different meds and dosages before you find one that works.

I've previously been on Mirtazapine and Pristiq. The former made me worse, the latter made me feel like shit.
>>
anyone tried effexor?
does it help with motivation and concentration?
>>
I was for a while, they helped with making me want to get out of bed, but at the same time made me feel empty and not really feel any emotions.
>>
>>25431583

I've been taking St. John's Wort for the past 3 weeks or so.

While it's not prescription level or anything, I feel like it has kicked me into gear a little bit. I was very skeptical at first that it would do anything, but I've been sleeping better, eating more, and working out, all of which have made me a bit happier.

I'm thinking that maybe my depression wasn't as severe as I thought, because this stuff is only supposed to work for mild depression.
>>
>>25431859
It's actually just as effective as most antidepressants according to research I've seen.
>>
I've been on Zoloft since I was 13, because of this I LITERALLY have never had an erect dick, I am not lying.

I'm depressed as fuck though, it does wonders for my OCD however. I used to not be able to go to sleep as a kid because I couldn't stop locking and unlocking my doorknob for hours in a row.
>>
I almost overdosed on celexa/citalopram after the doctors kept increasing my dose, now I'm on zoloft but I don't really feel any change.
But my brain chemicals are pretty messed up, so it might just be me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.