[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Stock.jpg (170 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
Stock.jpg
170 KB, 1300x866
Have Bachelors Degree in Biomed
What are some comfy jobs for Robots
What comfy job do you have/have you had?
Currently working production in pharma lab.
>>
Honestly, NEET would be ideal. Find something close to that so just work from home doing what you like.
>>
I'm a trainee Psychotherapist. My flatmate is a pharmacologist.
>>
>>25431445

i would love to work in the psychotherapy domain but the amount of study required to get a degree is garbage.

oh well
>>
Electronic and computer engineering seems pretty robot-tier. Im hoping by the time i finish college my social skills will be good enough to go into finance, so im planning on doing a masters in that.
>>
>>25431349
I work from home doing critical systems support for an american company (ausfag).

Pretty much just sit at home 10 hours a day monitoring systems and assisting with various over-night tasks while getting paid.

Most of the time there isn't much to do at all, so I just watch shit and single player vidya, it's super comfy.
>>
>>25431486

It's a lot of work but I really enjoy it. It takes a lot of reading. It's also quite creative, you can branch out into Art and philosophy as part of your studies.

Pharmacology is worse. I remember my flatmate spending entire weekends memorising amino acids.
>>
>>25431655

i guess ill continue being an overqualified listener in blahtherapy.com
>>
>>25431349
I work in a chemical lab. I wouldnt say its a job for robots though. You still have to work with your lab and other departments. Most of the time coworkers arent complete normies as in wanting to talk all the time and going for drinks after work. In my current department im the only man thank god its just 3 more months
>>
>>25431675
Any chance you could make this a paid job at a telephone helpline?
>>
>he has a non-menial labor job and a degree
FUCK OFF NORMIE
>>
>>25431655
Academics... kek

burnouts
>>
>>25431857

no clue but whatever
>>
>>25431655
>I remember my flatmate spending entire weekends memorising amino acids.
>entire weekends
>memorising amino acids
was your flatmate clinically retarded by any chance
>>
>>25431638
What does the job entail?
That sounds really cool. What do i need to know to do it?
>>
>>25431940
>was your flatmate clinically retarded by any chance

There are about 500. If you can memorise 500 amino acids in less than a few weekends, good for you, congratulations.
>>
File: pics_1012.png (54 KB, 857x721) Image search: [Google]
pics_1012.png
54 KB, 857x721
>>25431349
Computer Engineering. Spend half the day fucking around on the internet. Work at a start up, so free snacks and a keg in the office. 95k at age 23. Literally at the benefits of NEEThood without the social sigma and lack friends.
> feels good man
> Neets BTFO
>>
>>25432316
For humans there are only 20. Maybe it wasn't just the human amino acids though or something similar but not the same.
>>
Architect.
>>
>>25432351

> About 500 amino acids are known and can be classified in many ways. They can be classified according to the core structural functional groups' locations as alpha-, beta-, gamma- or delta- amino acids.
>>
>>25432326
>shit tier and above lists a bunch of humanities
>humanities is still in suicide tier

what?
>>
>>25432326
> Account in Good tier
> Construction in Meh Tier

Excuse me sir but I don't understand.

Construction Management is arguably one of the best non engineering majors there is.
>>
>>25432326
What exactly did you do at university? It's a course I'm looking into and have some experience/interest in and was wondering if you could give me a rundown of your time spent at college/university and what it is you do now?

If not that's fine but the NEET life sucks man and I need some motivation to get myself out of it.
>>
File: 1451676128677.jpg (83 KB, 456x352) Image search: [Google]
1451676128677.jpg
83 KB, 456x352
I squeeze chickens on a farm. Make sure they're healthy, they eat well, all kinds of stuff. I'm preparing to take care of ostriches, that will be amazing.
>>
>>25432275
>What does the job entail?

Monitoring IT systems, assisting in upgrades, watching overnight automated jobs, etc. General IT shit.

>That sounds really cool. What do i need to know to do it?

3+ years as a sysadmin, working knowledge of whatever technologies you support (SQL/SQLServer, VMWare, Windows Server, CCNA, Riverbed, whatever)
>>
>>25432934
You have a degree? I'm ausfag too, wondering how you got the sysadmin job to begin with
>>
>>25431349
I was working in a medical lab with a chemistry degree but it was so shit I quit and got my teachers licence
>>
Is web dev/software dev comfy? Or should I be trying to get into IT? About to graduate with a decent physics degree.
>>
>>25433791
I mean I calm down by writing code and escape from my bad emotional world so you should probably listen to some normie for career advice and not me.

But personally I think it really depends on the company. Some have you make tons of presentations (good luck if you have any level of social anxiety close to mine) and little of actual coding except if they hired you as software engineer while with others you get to do more interesting stuff.
>>
>>25432889
Fellow chicken squeezer here. Do you use the poo as fertilizer? I thought of opening a fertilizer business but I'm too chickenshit.
>>
File: 1439219086506.jpg (71 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1439219086506.jpg
71 KB, 540x720
Radiologist.

I sit in a dark room on a computer all day.

Just like I do at home.
>>
>>25431349
I work in IT at a small community bank, which means I work by myself all day in a basement and I am the only one who looks at the firewall logs so I can bypass the filter and surf wherever I want all day. Most work days I post on 4chan while watching netflix all day, sometimes I play wow or some older game that my workstation can play. The only "work" I do is reset peoples passwords lol and I get paid $25 an hour.
>>
File: 1451523304349.png (268 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1451523304349.png
268 KB, 500x540
>>25431349
There are no comfy jobs

Get one that pays well with decent hours and try to accumulate enough money for the fun stuff until you die kill yourself
>>
>>25431349
Robots do not get comfy jobs. At job interviews they see you are autistic and they'll pass your job onto someone with lower grades but who is not autistic.
>>
>>25434592
Or they will realize that you can work twice as much as others without realizing it and them saving money but this isn't going to be exactly a comfy job.
>>
>>25434592
speak for yourself, I'm a robot who got a comfy job through nepotism, no job interview =)))
>>
>>25434592
>mfw you are that guy with this type od job.>>25434390

>feels good senpai
>>
>>25434592
>>25434633
This is me. I work twice as fast and much longer than my coworkers but will disappear for days on end. They've accepted this flaw because I choose good times.
>>
>>25432425
u are exposed anyway anon
>>
accounting is pretty comfy
dont do tax tho
>>
>>25436782
Does the salary for an accountant compete with that of a computer engineer or CS major? I'm torn and not sure which to choose.
>>
>>25431349
the most supreme comfy jobs are ones you dont have to study for and put you into debt

factory work.

you go to work, do your work while not having to talk to other people, go home. They dont give a shit what you look like, who you are or what you do outside of work as long as you show up everyday on time.

If you work in a factory that works on bonus (meatworks if you're on the floor tend to from my experience in my country that is not the usa) pay out the fucking asshole, too. I get about $900 a week and i don't work in the highest bonus percent section.
>>
>>25432326
Career goals right here
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.