[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much should a woman lower her standards in dating? r9k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 23
File: Jan_Matejko-Batory_pod_Pskowem.jpg (144 KB, 800x470) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko-Batory_pod_Pskowem.jpg
144 KB, 800x470
So how much should a woman lower her standards in dating?

r9k always talks about how women's standards are out of this world and I want some insight on that.

I am 22 and never really had a relationship with a man I truly wanted to be with (one short fling and one fwb in total).

I rarely get hit on but even when I do, I am usually not interested in guys who do so.
So far had a crush on one guy two years ago and I wasn't his type.

I don't see my standards as too high: I don't care much about looks and most things mentioned here but compatibility and fitting into "type" is hard to achieve.
>>
File: 1449700003671.jpg (59 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1449700003671.jpg
59 KB, 625x626
Quality b8
[Spoiler] completely original post, never before done
>>
Fuck off, you fucking whore. /r9k/ is NOT for you, just leave us alone.
>>
>>25430926
>implying r9k isn't normie now
>>
>>25430924
seriously, I am interested in that.
>>
Women basically should have sex with any smelly ugly neckbeard that asks them to.
>>
>>25431017
I thought r9k claims they are 90% normal loooking and average and its girls fault for only wantng super models
>>
>>25431144
most people here are complete sperglords
>>
File: How do you want it.jpg (56 KB, 625x595) Image search: [Google]
How do you want it.jpg
56 KB, 625x595
>>25430895
Maybe just give the guys who hit on you a chance to prove themselves and you may actually like their personalities. Don't like have sex with everyone just talk to them, go on dates, learn about each other. My ex actually looked ugly to me when I first met her but I became attracted to her more over time.
(pic not related)
>>
>>25431202
>Maybe just give the guys who hit on you a chance to prove themselves and you may actually like their personalities.
I almost always do that and try to go on at least one date to get to know each other.
>>
>>25430895
obviously you have high standards, otherwise you wouldn't care about compatibility or someone who's your "type"

having a "type" basically means that you have a list of criteria you expect someone to fulfill if they're to be considered a suitable partner
>>
>>25431220
like hell you do. you just tell them you already have a boyfriend 9/10 times
>>
>>25431230
everyone has some criteria
>>
File: IMG_22899203118716.jpg (28 KB, 480x371) Image search: [Google]
IMG_22899203118716.jpg
28 KB, 480x371
>>25431220
I don't know really what you are asking then. I suppose maybe try to put yourself in a situation where guys will be more likely to approach you and try not to look as intimidating. For example if a girl looks like she is stuck up I would never approach her no matter how attractive she was. By this I mean like if you are out with friends maybe just stand alone by the bar for a few minutes or something. I know this sounds creepy and yes you will meet some creeps but its really a number game that you have to keep trying. At least you won't have to suffer humiliation and rejection 9/10 times, instead you just need to be patient.
(picture sort of related)
>>
>>25431295
which is why everyone has high standards

it might not seem like high standards from your pov, but it does to the person who's on the receiving end of rejection
>>
>>25431280
I am serious. There were very few cases where I just saw I don't want to have anything to do with a particular guy.
In most cases I give them a chance but again I have standards they don't fit into.

>>25431298
I am interesting what you guys mean by constantly saying women should "lower their standards", like they all have one universal type (and its is always too high for them).
>>
>>25431340
Generally this is true at least from what i have seen :
>Tall
>Attractive
>muscular
>Fashionable
>popular
If you are going to go for a guy like this then at least make sure he won't just cheat on you because these guys can pretty much get anyone. Also i'm not trying to be offensive, the whole dating game is a big pile of shit for everyone except the top 5 or 10 % of people. You can at least take comfort in the fact you are not a beta male at the bottom of the shit pile like us 4channers
>>
>>25431409
thats a description of 10/10 guy. Most women are attracted to that just as most menare attracted to 10/10 model-tier girls.
Hardly anyone from both genders gets to date them and if you get the impression that all girls are getting those guys it means you spend way too much time stalking social media of 10/10 popular girls yourself.

I agree about dating being pile of shit for almost everyone.
>>
>>25431340
What standards did you have that these guys didn't fit into?
>>
>So how much should a woman lower her standards in dating?
>never really had a relationship with a man I truly wanted to be with
That depends. If you want someone who you 'truly' want to be with, then it's not really possible for you to lower your standard in this sense. With that said, it does take time for love to come in some cases. What's the rush, though? I'm 22 and never had a real relationship, simply because I haven't found a girl whose personality I actually really, really like. I could've fucked girls who were into me, but I didn't, even though I was attracted to them, because I didn't particularly liked their person. I find it hard to just lower my standards, since it would be artificial and I wouldnt enjoy being with the other person that much, since I lowered my previous standard in order to more quickly get into a relationship. I don't see the purpose of doing that, unless you feel like you need sex regularly to function and don't want to sleep with a lot of people all the time.
>>
>>25431448
>Hardly anyone from both genders gets to date them
Believe me I go out alot and I can tell you that at least for the 10/10 guys they will pretty much just sleep around and fuck people over because they can. The robots on this board would too anyone would its called abusing power and anyone with too much power abuses it. As for the top teir girls they will go for the top teir guys. To be fair guys are more diverse and subjective in who they are attracted to. For example what you consider a 10/10 woud not be what I would consider a 10/10. Like for example the blonde popular girls, i prefer the girls who don't wear make up and wear simple/boyish clothes, or girls who dye their hair weird colors, that would be 10/10 for me
>>
>>25431524
usually a combination of those:

>being on similar level of intelligence
>having something to talk about and being able to engage in interesting conversation
>having something interesting about yourself (some hobby, ambition, personal story)
>not having crazy political views

Of course I have more standards but those are deal-breakers if not met. Most other things can be negotiated.

>>25431566
fair enough although from my experience its guys who have very similar taste when it comes to women with little to no diversity. Anything that changes is "style" of said girls (as you mentioned not being attracted to one style of girls but another, although they probably have the same level of attractiveness as "blonde popular girls" just with different hairstyle and clothes).
>>
>>25431635
I don't think that these are unreasonable standards. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to find a guy meeting those, assuming you are not grotesquely ugly. Maybe be more careful about not judging someone as failing to meet this stuff too early - a first date can be awkward and weird, and hard to really get to know someone. But apart from that, maybe try online dating? I feel like you could find a dude like this on OKCupid without too much trouble.
>>
File: Women hot guys.jpg (289 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
Women hot guys.jpg
289 KB, 1129x1600
>>25431635
This image says it all
>>
>>25431672
well as I said they are more standards, which are not "deal-breaker level" but basically come into being compatible with each other and mutual attraction. Tried online dating (tinder everything else is not popular in my country) ut maybe 5% of matches get into irl date and I haven't met a person I liked from there.
>>
>>25431635
No seriously I avoid conventionally attractive girls for this exact reason because they wil likely just leave you for someone better as everyone is after them
>>
>>25431850
It hardly does. Sorry, real world is not your reddit /redpill/
>>
>>25431871
so, any pic related of what a girl of your type looks like?
>>
>>25431858
What country are you from? People are always so cagey with their 'my country'. Just say the country. Have the tiniest amount of national pride.

Tinder is pretty much a fuck app so it's not surprising that you're not getting success with it.
>>
>>25431944
poland
very original comment about very original country
>>
File: model.jpg (9 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
model.jpg
9 KB, 254x198
>>25431885
I dont actually have an image. I mean i know people IRL like fb but can't post here. Basically this is the type i do not like though
>>
File: Girl blue hair.jpg (300 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Girl blue hair.jpg
300 KB, 1024x768
>>25431980
.....and this would be 10/10 for me
>>
>>25430895

So what do you look for?

What I don't understand is this supposed meme about how women want a guy who has his shit together or has a good career or does interesting things or whatever. Who gives a fuck? Why should you care what I do in my spare time?
>>
>>25431980
>>25431989
Thats the thing I am talking about. Both girls are almost exaclty on the same level og attractiveness and beauty. Only difference is style and the way photo is taken.
Girl you posted that is supposed to be different from "conventionally hot" has all features of conventionally hot:
>big eyes with great shape and colour
>big, shapely lips
>small perfect nose
>perfect feminine face shape and other features
>good, light skin (few freckles are usually considered hot)
>good quality of hair

There is literally no difference between her and other hot girls.
>>
File: average college woman lol.jpg (149 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
average college woman lol.jpg
149 KB, 600x800
>>25430895
>one short fling and one fwb in total
You are not relationship material BUT you are an hero material. :-)
>>
>>25431956
You see, in that country people are not very interesting. And you will have a hard time finding someone that would meet your basic requirements.

Nie da sie miec hobby jesli trzeba pracowac by przetrwac.
>>
>>25430895
You are probably unaproachable as fuck or offputting to the guys you want somehow. I know my problem is I'm just too fucking introverted and shy and just fuck myself over. Even if you rarely get hit on, at least your doing something right. I havent had any female attention since my freshman year of college and work in a field full of men.
>>
>>25432057
The only polish people I know wrench on cars and smoke virgina slims. I think that shits interesting but in a funny way. My czech last name sometimes gets me cunfused for being a pole though.
>>
>>25432039
>using 'meme' to describe any random thing you dislike
>2016
>>
>>25432039
>Why should you care what I do in my spare time?
Because what you do with yourself (spare time or not) defines to a large extent who you are.
If you don't do any interesting stuff apart from watching netflix you are most probably not interesting yourself and have very little to say apart from who died recently in game of thrones.

Also If I am working on having a good carer (or just some normal future) I want someone with similar goals, especially if I want a long term relationship.

Its hard to just say "I look for that" and give off list of 30 qualities: it mostly depends on individual people you meet and how you see and judge them.

>>25432056
>says a tripfag

>>25432057
tez prawda ale studenty jeszcze w wiekszosci nie pracuja

>>25432060
maybe, hard to check that
>>
File: 1451480180624.jpg (161 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451480180624.jpg
161 KB, 1080x1920
>>25431850
women are worthless

>>25431872
fuck off back to reddit you delusional whore
>>
>>25432156
>let me prove my point with another cherrypicked anecdotal "evidence" pic I found on /redpill/
>>
File: the fake virgin.png (196 KB, 391x420) Image search: [Google]
the fake virgin.png
196 KB, 391x420
>>25432156
I heard that image was shooped though. I don't doubt images like that are posted on fb occasionally but regardless, womyn provide endless material for their retardation.
>>
>>25432136
>If you don't do any interesting stuff apart from watching netflix you are most probably not interesting yourself and have very little to say apart from who died recently in game of thrones.

But that's what 99% of women are like. They don't do anything interesting, they just sit around talking with their friends in bars or watch TV. Why should they hold me to a higher standard? What difference does it make in my personality when I'm talking to you whether I go skydiving or mountain biking or not? How is that something that even fits into your "I want to fuck him" decision-making process?

>especially if I want a long term relationship.

Whoa toots, slow down, who said anything about relationships? How about we just fuck for the night? Why would you care what job or career I have then? What difference does it make if I'm an investment banker or unemployed when I'm laying pipe on you? Assuming there's no difference in looks or dress between the banker and the NEET. in b4 "yeah well I'm not that kind of girl", you just said you had flings and fwbs.
>>
>>25432156
If this is real, absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1447523176944.jpg (55 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1447523176944.jpg
55 KB, 640x1136
>>25432181
>everything you post is fake and not valid because I said so
this would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad
>>
>>25432136
>Its hard to just say "I look for that" and give off list of 30 qualities: it mostly depends on individual people you meet and how you see and judge them.

So completely arbitrary. Thanks. Classic example of "women don't know what they want". Take not guys, you can be anyone but as long as you push the right buttons you're in.

Meanwhile with men judging women, looks always comes first. Then personality, i.e. how much she appears to be into you and how little of a bitch she is.
>>
>>25432233
>implying
I'm not saying I would have gotten together with my girlfriend if I didn't find her attractive, but I was interested in a lot more about her personality than how into me she was and how bitchy she wasn't.
>>
>>25431635
>fair enough although from my experience its guys who have very similar taste when it comes to women with little to no diversity.

How do you explain my pic?
>>
>>25432190
>But that's what 99% of women are like.
That what 99% people are like, most guys are just as basic.
That doesn't mean that ones who are doing something interesting with themselves shouldn't want the same from their partner

>What difference does it make in my personality when I'm talking to you whether I go skydiving or mountain biking or not?
it isn't about having extreme "cool" hobbies but as I said: what a guy/girl who has absolutely no interests apart from consumption of media is going to talk about?

I was talking about dating and getting into relationship with somebody. Assumed you also had them as a point of reference. It obviously matters less if you want a one night stand.

I had one fling and one fwb: I had a fling with a guy I was friends with for a long time, so it was mostly personality that got me into him.
fwb relationship was also with guy I knew for a while and lasted a long time: we liked each other personalities but he neither wanted a relationship nor was a relationship material ( commitment issues and depression). Still what made him attractive to me was his personality.
>>
File: 1451571122772.gif (477 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1451571122772.gif
477 KB, 500x281
>>25430895
Stop, whore.
>>
>>25432258

I guarantee you that other shit was secondary, or if you're into someone who shares your arbitrary interests but is not into you and also a total bitch you're a complete cuck.
>>
>>25432221
didn't said that. Said it was anecdotal (and so irrelevant). I can also copy paste all articles about bad and abusive men and claim "all men are like this!!"
>>
>>25432291
you forgot the other pic from the same study: one where it shows that men message only most attractive women anyway (so even though they consider more women are normal, average looking, they aren't going to be attracted to them).
>>
File: women.png (520 KB, 1548x2012) Image search: [Google]
women.png
520 KB, 1548x2012
>>25432301
except the statistics are against you
>hurr anecdotal
fuck you, I have thousands of examples
>>
>>25432342
>I know numbers but I am not going to evaluate and compare them in any way!
yeah "statistics" usually need evaluation but what do I know
have tens of thousands examples of men being shitty, what difference does it make?
>>
>>25432295
I think it's fair to say that it's vital that she is into me and not a bitch, but it is not fair to say that that is all I care about when it comes to personality. It's like saying I want to eat food that is not literal excrement or poison. Yes, that is super-important. Yes, there is also way more to food than that.
>>
File: nice guys finish last.png (1 MB, 1127x957) Image search: [Google]
nice guys finish last.png
1 MB, 1127x957
>>25432382
except you don't
keep dismissing everything like the dumb whore you are
>>
>>25432040
Ah i see what you mean, desu that was lazy on my part because i cant really find any good images. Then like what would be average female to you ? Like what do you look like ?
Also what guy would you be attracted to
>>
>>25432431
googled "average looking woman": first result is pic related and it seems like what a 5/10 woman looks like to me. Not attractive but not ugly so exactly a 5.

I like guys with darker hair and features similar to mine (arabic/armenian ancestry) but its not a must-be.
Prefered physique is chubby, fat (nothing extreme but don;t mind beer belly) or builtfat.

Like guys who are on hairy side (even heavily hairy), nice if they can grow facial hair.

>>25432420
>implying men arent capable of being shitty and prisons are not literally filled with them on a great dispropotion compared to women
There are many shitty people from both genders, deal with it
>>
File: Average woman.jpg (20 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Average woman.jpg
20 KB, 350x263
>>25432520
Yeah i see what you mean. Although she looks too much like my sisters which is creepy.
(better example).
Personally i prefer shorter girls and skinny leaning ones, the reason for this is just because i'm small myself and would like to be with a smaller girl. Although like you said the style is really important, to me at least. I remember seeing a girl who had terrible skin and a really big nose but she had blue hair and was dressed in really cool clothes and i thought she was really pretty.
>>
File: umaru plotting.jpg (74 KB, 768x660) Image search: [Google]
umaru plotting.jpg
74 KB, 768x660
>>25430895

you are a normie and you need to leave!
>>
>>25432662
Good luck with your 'normies need to leave' campaign, I'm sure you'll get them eventually!
>>
File: 1445075767133.jpg (102 KB, 474x572) Image search: [Google]
1445075767133.jpg
102 KB, 474x572
>>25432520
good job completely missing the point like a dumb slut that you are, just as everyone expected
>>
>>25432639
yeah that also pretty much average (maybe bit higher like 5.5)
>>
>>25432520
>>25432520
>>25432520

OP. I meet your qualifications

I am
-Armenian
-not a robot neckbeard(have had a few stable long term relationships)
-above average height
-completed undergraduate degree
-no drugs/weird issues
-have magnificent beard
-decent looking

Where are you generally located?
>>
>>25432806
poland, capital
>>
>>25432826
>>25432826

wrong continent. sorry :(

Te7hke 3rabe?
>>
File: yeehaw.jpg (11 KB, 192x187) Image search: [Google]
yeehaw.jpg
11 KB, 192x187
People looking to get into relationships want the type of person who can get themselves out of a rut in life.

Most people here are in a rut they won't get out of, or fall into them too often. These can be things like depression, paranoia, social anxiety- but no desire for getting onto the next thing. Self pity, blaming the world, false pride. Serving your ego.

Would you like to be in a relationship with a superficial girl who constantly needs validation? Someone who hits on/ flirts with other guys while in your relationship? Someone who is a bummer, no career prospects, expects everything handed to them, no ambition.

In a similar way, most girls don't want to see those qualities in a guy. Especially men should be capable of getting over something emotionally/ mentally.
Most people here aren't. Simply complaining about women is a ditch you dug for yourself. Literally saying "fuck relationships" and focusing your attention elsewhere will inherently make you a better person, and ironically more attractive.
>>
>one fwb in total
WHORE!!!!!
>>
>>25432892
guessed that, its not common thing here.
>>
>>25432892
She literally said she was in Poland earlier in the thread. Try reading before you get all excited.
>>
>>25432909
Good luck being taken seriously with that random-ass anime avatar, friend! Nothing says "I mean business" like a smug anime girl.
>>
It may be because you only want men who don't really care about you, like all women. This is good. Tell the men that you don't find attractive that you like being used up and dropped, and they will stop finding you attractive, and then you'll find them attractive.

You vessel.
>>
>>25432977
Look at this bitter, deluded forever-alone and laugh.
>>
File: 1450811942932.png (76 KB, 331x328) Image search: [Google]
1450811942932.png
76 KB, 331x328
>>25432949
thanks anon, I've learned from the best
>>
>>25432909
fuck off you retard
>>
>>25432977
only men I was attracted to where quite caring so don't know what you mean
>>
File: 1442773835050.jpg (2 MB, 2800x4000) Image search: [Google]
1442773835050.jpg
2 MB, 2800x4000
ITT: another stupid whore looks for attention
>>
>>25430895
If you haven't tried online dating then it's far too soon to think about lowering your standards. If you do that you'll realize that you have thousands of guys competing for you.
>>
>>25433022
It's just like the "all men are aggressive rapists" meme, the "all women are vapid creatures with no dignity that constantly seek validation from abusive people"

There's some truth to it but ultimately these 2 are extremes recognized by 99% of society, and most people do well enough to fall away from these examples.
Some people don't fall into these categories at all. But typically if you truly believe one end of the spectrum to be true, there's a good chance that it's correlating to how true the other meme is of you.

ie. if all women are shallow skanks, you're probably one of the more rapey/ lonely people

and if all men are rapey abusive assholes, you're probably a whore who constantly wants validation

Regular people end up with regular people who are usually neither.
>>
>>25433139
couldn't agree more with that
>>
>>25433100
Roasties getting btfo!
LOL
>>
>>25432926
>>25432926

>implying I'm going to wade through dozens of bitter neckbeard posts
>>
>>25432826
>pretensjonalna kurwa z wsioszawy udaje madra
heh
>>
File: 1437716249127.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1437716249127.png
179 KB, 500x358
>tfw trying to make friends with females without acting like i'm hitting on them

I just want people to not be afraid of me
>>
>>25434136
> anon udaje lepszego na podstawie miejsca zamieszkania
>>
to all robots and fembots:
how much you should lower your standard entirely depends on how good you cope with the loneliness otherwise. how is this so hard to understand?
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.