[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>do nothing all day every day who else feels this hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rock-08.png (746 KB, 1219x874) Image search: [Google]
rock-08.png
746 KB, 1219x874
>do nothing all day every day
who else feels this hell
>>
Me. Actually, being a neet was my childhood dream "job". You know what they say, be careful what you wish for.
>>
This was me, so I started playing an mmo, and somehow sperged my way into a clan. Now I can chat with these people and work towards in-game goals. It's like tricking your mind into thinking you did something other than sit in a chair and star at rapid flashing lights for hours on end.
>>
>>25430768
Install Linux and get involved in some open-source projects. They're always looking for new developers.

Learn c, c++, and Python to start out.

Personally, I like the Fedora distribution to start out, but some people prefer Debian or Ubuntu.
>>
>>25430886
>be playing mmo
>the thought "I lay in bed and pretend to kill people all day long" pops in my head
>get a lot of gold for some item
>"you know that's not real money, right?"
>pvp
>somebody kills me, get all frustrated
>"why do you care, nothing actually happened"
>>
>>25431082
What sort of things can I do with C? I'm really, REALLY behind on programming and I only know basics of CSS and HTML and even then barely anything.

And plus I can't do much with those
>>
>>25431082
Fedora Linux is the most appropriately named thing ever.

Open Souce, M'lady.
>>
>>25430768
That rock reminds me of that painting in Doug.
>>
>>25430768
>drop out of uni because I hate going
>realise I hate being a NEET even more

I was depressed to begin with, doing nothing all day is even more depressing.
>>
>tfw joined Navy
>bootcamp in 1 month
>nervous but excited
>with my asvab score got placed in C-school which means I get to be a petty officer when I get out

I might make it lads, this time in 4 months I'll be on a beach in San Diego

>tfw parents expect me to visit them in WI, kek
>>
The grass is literally always greener. When I was a neet I felt like shit for not doing anything. Now that I'm studying I long for the days where I could just be comfy and relax without having to do stupid assignments and presentations. We want what we don't have and it's fucking miserable.
>>
>>25431107
>What sort of things can I do with C?
Pretty much anything, except it'll take you a long time.

Mostly used for low level things that must be high performance.

Kernel things, command line utilities for processing/converting data.
>>
>>25431313
So what language are games typically written in, again I have no clue about these basic sort of things, would like to ask someone who knows. I'm sure I could learn it all given enough time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.