[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like its impossible for me to make a friend. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: welp.png (374 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
374 KB, 768x576
I feel like its impossible for me to make a friend.

I have pretty bad social anxiety disorder from lifelong parental abuse. Even though I'm free of them and have a long term relationship, there is a massive hole in my life when it comes to friendship. My parents yanked me out of school at 8 and kept me completely isolated, so for the majority of my life I've never had even a single friend. Trying to make friends with my partner's sparse college friends hasn't worked out. Pretty much every time I put myself out there even a little bit it just blows up in my face and I just makes me not even want to try anymore. I feel so lonely, insofar as I have no peers to share any of my hobbies with. Dwelling on it frequently brings me to suicidal thoughts. Even if I get married at some point I'll have no family on my side of the isle, no friends or best man. Has anyone else had better luck making friends despite similar problems or limitations?
>>
>>25430537
>Has anyone else had better luck making friends despite similar problems or limitations?

No. You're (we're all) fucked
>>
>>25430590

Thats comforting. We'll all be alone together.
>>
Do you live on your own?
Independence is important for the self esteem.
>>
>>25430712

Just me and my girlfriend.
>>
>>25430780
i cry 4 u
>>
>>25430537
have you talked to your girlfriend about it?
>>
you have a gf, you're doing better than a lot of this board, fuck off normie
>>
>>25430842

Better than some maybe. But I didn't realize there was a hierarchy where only the worst off can post here. If it makes you feel any better I tried to go food shopping yesterday and had a panic attack so I just haven't eaten today.
>>
>>25430911
> But I didn't realize there was a hierarchy where only the worst off can post here.

you do realize where you are right? go to reddit normie, that seems more your speed
>>
>>25430537
I don't want to make friends because there is absolutely no point. Other people will have to suffer yoru personality, and you won't feel any less lonely even with friends - just a bit more distracted.
>>
>>25430537
I'm in the same position OP.
Got no idea what to do about it.
Seems like any attempt to make friends falls flat.
People say I'm the normie for having a gf but fuckers went out for NYE parties here.

Keep hanging on
>>
>>25430537
it's not hard to make friends

all you have to do is be on good terms with people. I'm on good terms with people from work. A couple are really extroverted. I wouldn't hang out with them a lot, but I can at least say hi when I see them.

Just be like that with everyone. Eventually you'll encounter somebody like you. In terms of energy level/interests. That person will be your friend
>>
>>25430537
i'm completely unable to socialize as a result of being isolated my entire life so i have no desire to have friends

sucks to be u op, drugs are good use them
>>
>>25430842
>>25430941
Having a gf doesn't make you a normie, it only means you lose your virginity.
When two robots fall in love they don't bring the normie in each other you know.

>>25431115
I don't understand why you people want friends to begin with. Do you have something special to bring to others?
>>
>>25431135
Female robots don't real. Fuck off normalshit.
>>
ehhh who cares OP.

For fucks sake. What an idiotic reason to contemplate suicide over.
>>
>>25431158
>anyone who doesn't have the exact same problems as me is a normie
:^)
you going to call chris-chan a normie next
>>
>>25431135
What am I expected to bring exactly?
>>
File: 1392801224926.jpg (149 KB, 566x587) Image search: [Google]
1392801224926.jpg
149 KB, 566x587
Dropped out of university 2 1/2 years ago due to depression, social anxiety etc, went full neet ( for six months I was only awake at night).

fixed my sleeping patterns seeked counsoling( the only thing I did once a week to get me out the house) it helped a bit, made me realize I don't really know myself because, I don't like myself and push it away.

Continue counseling for six months. grandparents (who I care for) want to move closer to parents (4 hrs away). so we move. counseling stopped, but I had began to try new things over the next six months. look into going back to uni to study something I genuinly enjoy

meet the grades from previous qualifications, needed to make a portfolio of work that I worked on over the span of another six months

apply to uni, get in, move to the opposite side of the country in sep 2015, social problems still haunt me.

In over 10 socities/sports that I attend regularly, still no solid friendships, more like aquantinces, it's quite drainning putting myself out there. The only thing getting me through the loneliness is having a packed scheduale now.

somedays I think I'm not meant to have any friend, or I must have delusions of how I act and look and infact I'm repulsive to people.

for 2016 I don't expect much, I plan to keep at the socities as I am currently in the best physical condition yet and hope to improve there. I would say I plan to kill myself but my existance doesn't really affect anything so may as well stick around for now
>>
>>25431282
I don't know, I'm asking. Why do people even want friends so much in the first place?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.