[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Unknown.png (1 KB, 151x40) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
1 KB, 151x40
Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
>>
>>25429130
waitress at a small diner in town.
It's okay when the bosses don't treat us like complete shit.
>>
As a university grad with no job prospects I would like to hear from robots.

I am thinking about seeking out an electrical apprenticeship and salvaging a chance at a decent sort of cash flow at least.
>>
Drive truck and labor for a shitty construction company. I love driving truck, but my supervisor is a chad and my boss is a retarded alcoholic.
>>
>>25429130
go to sleep allen
>>
>>25429130
Nowhere.

No.
>>
>>25429281
Im in the same sort of situation.

I've been looking into trades, and that shit is depressing. Trades are shit tier unless you get into something VERY specialized. Even then it can be tough. In my neck of the woods, trades also seem to be filled with shitskins. I don't think I'd like working in some place where everyone is from the ghetto and speaks another language. Finally trades are TOUGH on your body - people in trades often end up on disability and hooked on pain killers in their 50s.
>>
i had a pretty good stint programming in high school. i was offered to stay but declined since i wanted to focus on school. never went back, didnt feel like i did enough work nor did it seem like they needed my help any longer. i left on good terms

havent been employed since. its been 4.5 years. ive applied to a few entry level things like machining, cooking, and cust serv. got too discouraged not being employed or scoring any interviews. my references at this point are outdated
>>
>>25429649
oh, and you have to purchase your own tools for many trades. That usually means 30-50% of a year's pay.
>>
>>25429130
I used to work at a japanese steakhouse 6 months ago, not gonna say the name

It was okay, good experience. I got the job thanks to nepotism
>worked with some pretty unmotivated and incompetent coworkers behind a sushi bar
>ate free fresh sushi, tempura and things from the grill
>learned how much of an asshole I can be at times and need to fucking change this asap
>>
>>25429649

Well then what the fuck are our options?
>>
File: twist-e1443721927784.jpg (97 KB, 600x263) Image search: [Google]
twist-e1443721927784.jpg
97 KB, 600x263
I work at one of these and I do enjoy it, a lot

one of my most enjoyable jobs so far.
>>
>>25429819
Work at something you like and hope you get lucky.
>>
>>25429819
life a lonely depressed unfulfilling life on NEETbux until you kill yourself at 31
>>
Currently working 'security' at a place. I work the night shift, during which I am the only person allowed on the premises period. My job really only exists because it costs less to pay me than to pay an insurance company to not have a guard. The police watch the cameras that are motion detecting and infrared. They even have a computer and a WiFi Hotspot set up. Usually I just stay awake all day, and treat work like bedtime and sleep as much as possible when I'm not streaming shows. Not so bad
>>
>>25429649

don't listen to this fucking idiot, tradesman are skilled workers and valued highly, especially something like electrical work. being a laborer would certainly take a toll on your life but a respecred trade is something much different.
>>
For work i sail one of these.
I do enjoy it.
>>
Retail and no. I'm a perfectionist and I can't keep up with everyone. Ever since I stepped foot in retail I can physically feel part of my being break off into nothing.

Like, you don't understand, I don't even try to go to work optimistic about anything, it's self-hate every time I go in
>>
>>25430248
Mind sharing how you got your job and where you learned how to do it?
>>
I work at Qdoba, if it wasn't for shit managers it'd be a blast considering the type of work
>>
I work at a small construction company as an architectural engineer. It could be worse I'm sure, but I hate it so much thanks to my fucking female coworkers. The pay is shit too, but I live in a post commie country so I can't really help it. Hopefully I can leave soon and get a job in Germany or Austria.
>>
>>25430248
There's no sail on that thing retard
>>
>>25430428
Studied at a navigational academy. A contract with a shipping company was required from my school, as 12 months of seatime as a cadet is required. The contract included two years of work after i finished school after where they will give me another if i continue not to suck.

>>25430735
i stand corrected. in my native tounge sailing is the correct term for driving any vessel, be it powered by an engine or wind.
however i have also sailed a fully rigged tall ship for 4 months.
>>
>>25430898
>i stand corrected.

Ignore that faggot, he's just being a faggot. What you said is perfectly correct.
>>
>>25431442
I'll let him win his internet arguments over my choice of words if it boosts his confidence. And I will still have a stable and well paying job, an averaged sized dick and a tight wet hole to stick it in whenever I am home from sea. I'm happy.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.