[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the leagues of dating? Seriously people mention that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: images (1).jpg (13 KB, 375x134) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13 KB, 375x134
What are the leagues of dating?
Seriously people mention that girls are out of your league, but no one ever elaborates on that.
>>
Just like 1-10

Girls are rated on their looks

Men by their status

Men can acquire status by being good looking
>>
>>25428102
could you give an example?
>>
>>25428158
You mean like pictures?

Dating within your league normally means like dating within 1 point of where you are on the 1-10 scale

So a 6 dating a 7 is dating within their league but a 6 dating an 8 would be dating out of their league
>>
>>25428183
if that's what it takes.
No one has ever told me I was out of anyone's league though, so I am perplexed
>>
aw man, I need answers
>>
>>25428158
I'm an ugly man, but I'm an objective 10/10 nontheless simply due to having status, charisma and worth.

Meanwhile, Samson is a no status, charisma or worth to speak of, but is still a subjective 7/10 due to his decent looks, which grants him his status.

Girls and looks are self explanatory.
>>
>>25428087
>no one ever elaborates on that
Its strictly opinion, mostly used as a defense mechanism so as to belittle you and portray her as more desirable or of a superior status.

The entire mentality of it revolves around feeling superior to others and hogging all the "good" for themselves; which is only human.
>>
>>25428087
If you think they're out of your league then they are. That's pretty much it

Leagues and rating women on a scale out of 10 are both forms of putting women on a pedestal, i.e. they're a form of self-sabotage.
>>
>>25428891
I never think I am out of anyone's league
I am just curious what these leauges are
>>
For women? Looks. The better looking you are, the higher your league.

For men? Looks as well, along with every other characteristic of a human being, including but not limited to: sense of humor, values, ambition, socioeconomic status, social status, intelligence, and ethics.
>>
I don't like to think about it too hard so to me, there are only 3 tiers.

Good looking
Average
Ugly

I put everybody in one of these tiers. I really don't like the 1 to 10 scale because it's not descriptive enough. My way lets you know what you are, or at least what I think they are.

>>25428979
These people who think women care about your "values" and "ethics" are pretty stupid.
>>
>>25429020
>hurr durr ur stupid

Nice work there anon. I'm sure OP will greatly benefit from your incredibly penetrating "there are 3 types of people in the world!" analysis
>>
>>25429063
>hurr durr look at me being sarcastic

Your post was even worse than mine. I don't know what OP wants. When somebody says "she's out of your league", they're just saying that you're ugly. What more do you need to know?
>>
>>25429083
>When somebody says "she's out of your league", they're just saying that you're ugly.

That's correct, when you're talking about a woman. Do you really think the same applies when someone says "That guy is out of your league"? Though to be honest it makes me kek even imagining that conversation happening, but be honest about the implications: yes he's probably good looking, but there are other factors involved.
>>
>>25429114

see it's all too confusing, none of this makes any sense.
>>
>>25429184
m8 if you want a boiled-down version of how attractiveness works then pick up The Game or one of those pop-psychology self-help books
>>
>>25429222
every girl wants something different
>some girls like girly dudes
>some girls like country scruffy dudes
>some girls like hood dudes
>some girls like clean cut preps

FUCKING A man, you never go in knowing and you don't know how to appeal

It's not confidence
>>
>>25429296
lol, yeah right, those convenient labels. Do you think those actually communicate anything? They are just shortcuts for people who don't know how to express what they really mean. "Girly dudes" is a signifier I guess, like "oh yeah I like guys who are in touch with their feminine side yada yada" but don't pay attention to this shit. If you are truly lost then worry first about the universals: those things which are universally appealing and those which are universally unattractive.

Universally appealing is WAY harder to talk about because it quickly turns into a clusterfuck of bogus statistics and personal agendas, so start by just avoiding the negatives: neediness, cowardice, obesity, poor hygiene, etc.
>>
>>25429349
avoided those three
>always focused on my work and I often get called first
>people actually ask me to walk them and their significant other around after dark
>I hit the gym 3 tmes a week
>I brush my teeth at least twice a day and shower twice a day

So what am I missing?
>>
>>25428102
>>25428158
I think everybody has their own personal 1-10 ranking.

For me, 1 is an obese disgusting grandma.

5 is the point at which I'd have sex with a girl if offered, but probably wouldn't fap to her unless she were appealing directly to one of my fetishes.

7-8 is the zone where women I actually think are the best I can reasonably attain live.

10 is absolute perfection that doesn't exist out of professional and heavily photoshopped photos.
>>
OP

This video might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbKYcBdVyk
>>
>>25429590
hmmmmm...I was following it to the end, but he said traps weren't crazy.
I sort of lost him there.

I am not sure that doesn't at all apply to how to attract these women or what they find attractive.
>>
>>25429590
still no definite answers
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.