[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was fucking bad and definitely not worth the hype.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
This movie was fucking bad and definitely not worth the hype.

girl discovers force powers, in 10m she beats someone who has been training with the force for years, and trained in combat under Luke. Do people really enjoy this?
>>
>>25426466
It was everything I could have possibly wanted out of a fantasy space adventure movie
>>
kylo ren was cute and that's all that matters
>>
I don't disagree that Rey is a Mary Sue, but you're ignoring the fact that Kylo was in mental turmoil throughout the movie as he was being pulled in both directions by the Light and the Dark sides, he had yet to finish his training with Snoke and had just taken a blaster shot to the fucking gut. He'll be a lot more powerful in the next episode.
>>
>>25426466
how could a nigga who's not even jedi or sith power up the light sword which is powered using force?
how could a nigga with no training fight a trained sith who should've smashed him with the first attack because he knows the force?

Laughter the whole movie baka senpai
>>
>>25426466
That was my main complaint too. My family tried to make the argument that the fact that he was injured (shot by Chewbacca/a little stabbed by Finn) made the main difference, but I don't buy it.
>>
>>25426466
Kylo Ren got shot and was dripping blood the entire fight.
>>
>>25426583
you're right, but is that good enough to explain how he was clearly beating Rey until she got backed to the edge of the cliff and then "channeled the force" and was suddenly able to beat him?
>>
>>25426466
You're not alone on that. Most people didn't seem to like Rey, and almost everyone calls her a Mary Sue.
I honestly would have preferred Finn being a Jedi over her.
>>
>>25426562
You don't need to be skilled with the Force to activate a lightsaber, but you do need to have Force abilities to not get rekt using one, which Finn did.
>>
>Mfw my mom, dad, brother, and I all took issue with that
>Mom said, and I quote "This is what happens when you let some feminist faggot make movies"
I fucking love my mom.
Seriously though, that almost ruined the climax for me.
Not to mention even fucking Finn gets a few hits in on him and he's a fucking grunt.
>>
>>25426625
Yeah, I hope they give Rey an actual personality and some growth in the next two episodes. She is definitely the least interesting new character introduced thus far (well, with the exception of Captain Trash Compactor).
>>
>>25426583
>>25426578
this chick had literally never held a lit lightsaber before this fight, had only ever used the force to control the mind of a storm trooper. this dude had been training for YEARS. whether his training was incomplete or not he still definitely should have beaten someone who is worse at being a jedi than a youngling.
>>
>>25426562
>light sword powered using force
It's a button, dumbshit. You push the button, the thing goes fwoooom and turns on. Some models you have to hold the button down and/or use the force to keep it down if you want to throw it but Jedi/Sith generally make a saber to their own specification.

>How could Finn hold up
2 possible reasons. Ren's training is incomplete and he's bad at all things involving light sabers. This much is canon. The crystal he used to build the one he uses is cracked and it's made poorly. The handle isn't for design or effect it's because the design is so poor that it needs a release near the handle.
Also he's very badly hurt, Chewie's bowgun basically killed anything it touched and we're seen it killing a storm trooper that wasn't anywhere near the initial blast. Ren takes a direct hit and just gets really mad about it.

Most likely though, he's fucking with Finn. He wanted to kill him slowly. He only actually goes for a death strike after Finn nicks him. He wanted to turn Rey and not kill her so he took it easy on her before she used force meditation and overpowered him.
>>
>>25426677
Don't forget that the instant she figured out she had a connection to the force, she was able to reverse Kylo's mind reading on him.
>>
off topic, but inb4 Rey gets a staff lightsaber like Darth Maul, considering that staff thing she used on Jakuu
>>
>>25426634
>obi wan dies in one stroke of a lightsaber
>Finn gets hit FOUR times and lives
>mfw
>>
>>25426677
Luke blew up the Death Star the first time he used the Force.
>>
>>25426677
he literally was bleeding out the whole fight from being shot and having his spleen, kidneys, intestines and liver being eviscerated, he did FINE with all that in mind

however i see the next movie being where Rey is more powerful as shes trained and beating Kylo on fair terms
>>
JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT ALL THESE SPOILERS
>>
>>25426715
He also had Ben's help, along with like 10 other rebels lol
>>
>>25426498
>

Holy shit no that fat nose and horse face make that dude ugly as sin
>>
>>25426704
Leia resisted mind probing from Darth Vader in A New Hope.
>>
>>25426713
I'm still not sure why Obi-Wan fucking disintegrated when the saber touched him
>>
>>25426727
>2016
>Not having already seen a movie that came out LAST YEAR
>>
>>25426727
>picture is of the force awakens
>he reads the thread and complains about spoilers
>>
>>25426745
Yeah, but she didn't read his mind.
>>
>>25426713
>>25426748
Obi Wan accepted death to become immortal with the Force. Also, Kylo's saber is canonically shit.
>>
>>25426734
Not to mention that the plan was always something that was feasibly possible by anyone, and Luke was an established pilot by that point
>>
>>25426745
im hesistant to talk about it but also that flying gnat in the prequels resisted as well

i think it has to do with strong vs weak minds
>>
>>25426748
He gave himself away. He wasn't cut down, he became one with the force. There was no body. 20 years of training with Qui-Gon's ghost and Yoda's instructions.
>>
>>25426773
It is still a lightsaber. the way he made it is similar to how the second series of lightsabers were made and they killed people pretty much instantly
>>
>>25426771
Did Rey read into Kylo's thoughts? I have to see the movie again, but from what I remember she called him out for being scared that he'll never live up to Vader, that he'll never be the big bad ass he wants to be, which is blatantly clear to anyone.
>>
File: uhh.png (101 KB, 720x288) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
101 KB, 720x288
>>25426741
>not liking that fucked up jaw
c'mon bud
>>
>>25426466

It was horrible and I realized that by the first half.
>>
>>25426785
YOU MEAN WATTO EH, COME, BUY SOME STUFF FROM MY STORE EH, NO REPUBLIC CREDITS!
>>
>>25426785
Canon wise, space Jews or whatever Watto's race is actually called are immune to any/all kinds of mind manipulation.
>>
Star Wars has always been shit. You've just becomemold enough to recognize how such well crafted films could be so barren and stupid.
>>
File: 1451542042782.jpg (426 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
1451542042782.jpg
426 KB, 1024x687
>download the original trilogy
>they're "special" editions fucked up with changes
>>
>>25426923

fucking hell that picture is giving me terrible flashbacks i used to love mixing milk and root beer as a child
>>
>>25426466
Kilo ren wasn't trying to kill try though and was being super cocky and easy on fin
>>
>>25426923
its been said many times that you have to own the VHS/betas to get the originals as Lucas got rid of them when he was CHANGING EVERYTHING
>>
>>25426945
>milk
>rootbeer
>milk and rootbeer together
i hate you
>>
>>25426923
I can give you the torrent link to the despecialized edition if you want
>>
>>25426466
The Force Awakened also kinda copied the formula from Episode 4. Listen:

>some droid escapes with plans 'n' stuff
>normal person has shitty life in the desert, turns out to be a Jedi
>gtfo desert planet on the Millenuim Falcon with some other dudes
>they gotta blow up the big huge bad guy planet base (how original)
>find main antagonist, a plot-relevant character dies by his hand
>they blow up bad guy base

Throughout the whole movie I was cringing at how unoriginal it was.
>>
>>25426971
It would be the nicest thing someone has done for me in 2016.
>>
>>25426968

i hate myself too dw
>>
>>25426968
>Root beer float
Same principle.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
I think a lot of the criticisms are valid and I agree with quite a few of them, but I still really like TFA.
>>
>>25426976
It took a lot from the whole original trilogy. Originality want the point; it was engineered to appeal to the fans.
>>
>>25426983
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9537632/STAR_WARS_-_DESPECIALIZED_EDITION_REMASTERED_v2.5_MKV
>>
>>25427004
>only in america my friend
>>
>>25426976
they didnt want to go the route of Georges last three abominations

Disney wants their own trilogy and more, and what better to do that than making atleast one GOOD/OKAY movie then apeing off of it for all the sequels and those delicious toys sales

they did a very SMART thing, hell id have done it too
>>
>>25427027
>engineered to appeal to the fans
if that was the case, they would have made an actual good movie. TFA was engineered to appeal to the new generation
>>
>bought a bb8 straw to drink my delicious fanta with
>it's meant to spin when you drink
>doesn't spin
>paid $4 for a straw with a toy on it
>mfw
>>
>>25426870
>space jews

kek
>>
>>25427052
They're trying to do noth because they know the enjoyment of of a new generation is depwndent upon the views of older fans.They wouldn't have bothered with the excessive parallelism if that were the case.

It's an impressive feat, but that doesn't make it a good movie.
>>
>>25427087
Disney laughing to the bank
>>
>>25427087
This is what happens when people treat a trashy movie like some sort of religious experience, and it's every marketer's wet dream.
>>
>>25427335
>>25427190
>>25427087
CONSUME you faggots.
>>
>>25426466
>Movie is called The Force Awakens, implying it has been ded and is ignited in someone
>Trailer shows a random stormtrooper claiming he is just one of many
>Trailer says "a jedi" while dude grabs Finn and camera moves to his face
>Shows him fighting main villain with lasersword while trailer says the "force is calling to you"
>literally building it up to the force is part of everyone and everyone can be a jedi
>hype af

>lol no only "muh spacial snoflakk" is worth a dime, force only picks the worthy
>womyns are le exception

And that's from what i heard. It's really fucking sad that i was forced to drop this
>>
>>25427389
So many glaring plot holes you have to turn your brain off to remotely enjoy it, and I saw it for free
>>
File: D13iTCzIq_zpsd36a9aa6.gif (1000 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
D13iTCzIq_zpsd36a9aa6.gif
1000 KB, 500x270
>>25427365
see through their lies
>>
I agree the plot was pretty terrible. A copy of ANH with a girl like and a black guy. Unless the plot of the next film is better I wont be seeing it.
>>
Of course. Fucking Lucas is all about the money and sold the story down the river. Fucking kike JJ ruined the Star Trek movie franchise now he's doing the same to Star Wars. Disney destroyed the TRUE CANON that had been being built for years and replaces it with the new shitty ass "canon". So, honestly, what do you expect.
RIP Star Wars.
>>
>>25427365
Stawr Wars asa franchise is the gesamtkunstwerk of late capitalism. Within the context of our society it is absolutely perfect.
>>
>>25427554
Good old Star Wars isn't dead, we still have the EU, no matter how much Disney says it isn't canon
y-you do have a sizable collection of EU star wars comics, don't you anon?
>>
File: 1451517357692.jpg (930 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
1451517357692.jpg
930 KB, 1024x820
>>25426466
Why is every single lead a boring ass fucking human again?

You have millions of ticket sales guaranteed on name alone, do something interesting.
>>
>>25426466
The little niglets pouring out of the theater at the screening I went to were all laughing about this. Never they mind Finn gets his ass handed to him, all they got out of it was 'lol sith-wannabe white boy got beat by a girl'

>>25426656
your mom sounds cool

>>25426976
add in a female background character every 5 minutes and you got JJ's vision
>>
>>25426785
Watto's species are canonically immune to Mind Tricks, humans are not
>>
>>25427601
Cuz jar jar
>>
>>25427601
>Why is every single lead a boring ass fucking human again?
if you're interested in a wider variety of protagonists, you should check out EU(if you haven't already)
>>
>>25427663
You know, I didn't think of that. Maybe the Gungan ruined it forever.

>>25427679
I'm not that into Star Wars, but it just bothers me that they made such a big deal out of it being diverse when it's really just the same shit
>>
>>25427601

They want to push an sjw narrative and they're too heavy handed to use aliens and alien genders in place of 'you go girl' and 'black lives matter'.
>>
Agreed, it was a shit movie and you shouldn't watch it

COROUSANT GETS BLOWN THE FUCK UP
TAKE THAT SENATE
>>
>>25427596
Not comics. But novels anyway. I have tons of those.
>>
>>25427764
This is why I'll never go see it. I can't stand any media that so openly embraces trendy progressivism..
>>
>>25427866
Prepare not to consume a lot of media for the next ~10 years
>>
>2016
>people still dont realize that Rey is not untrained in the force.
>>
>>25427601
Normies can't relate to aliens apparently, ask Bioware.
>>
great timing op
>>
>>25427911
I try not to consume media made after WWII. There are a few exceptions, but most things released after Ginsberg's Howl are too much for me.
>>
>>25427926
>normies can't into 1 dimensional waifus

Fixd
>>
>>25427764
Eh. It's 2016. A white woman and a black man are leads in a major motion picture. Not really social justice at this point, just kind of a thing that happens.
>>
>>25427913
explain faggot, she didn't even believe in the force until han told her it was real
>>
File: j-j-abrams.jpg (45 KB, 599x408) Image search: [Google]
j-j-abrams.jpg
45 KB, 599x408
>>25427966
it's definitely SJW
>>
>>25428006
explain how other than the fact it has a woman who does things in the main role
>>
>>25428050
Because the casting and narrative was shaped by trendy internet progressivism. It truly is a story made for those living in the current year.
>>
>>25427966
You do realize this is exactly the kind of zeitgeisty superficial bullshit reaction they want you to have, right? Equality is good and all, but let's have genuine equality, not pop-media-induced politically correct bogus equality.
>>
>>25427481
You're going to watch all three you fucking cuck. But whatever makes you sleep at night
>>
File: 1447815132913.png (563 KB, 861x990) Image search: [Google]
1447815132913.png
563 KB, 861x990
>getting so scared of angering nerds that you just remake A New Hope

Really JJ?
>>
>>25428147
jokes on him, everyone's angry
>>
>>25428120
What would be genuine equality then?
>>
>>25428175
It was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. No one's angry but /tv/ glibposters.
>>
>>25428247
everyone I talked to in real life was really pissed about it
>>
>>25428247
>it made a lot of money!
>implying people aren't angry over it.

Nigger listen here. that movie was all kinds of shit, /pol/ memes aside. Rey is a terribly written character. Finndu gets BTFO'd for all the wrong reasons. what the fuck is Poe's inclusion for? who the fuck is maz katana? so on and so forth.

literally ripped the plot of ANH, but without any significance to 70% of the characters onscreen because they have no story nor any backstory.
>>
>>25428239
Watch night of the living dead. The black lead's a total badass. The equality is neutralized with the female lead though. She is a hysterical bitch who is one of the most frustrating characters in any movie.
>>
>>25428261
Everyone I've spoken to about it, ranging from to standard plebs to those for which this franchise has a religious significance, has enjoyed it a great deal.

>>25428278
Anyone that gets angry over the quality of a Star Wars film is a child. The only thing worth getting angry about is the detrimental effect it has on our culture as a whole.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.