[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait.... I'm going to college soon... I'm going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1451003507313.gif (2 MB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
1451003507313.gif
2 MB, 500x305
Wait.... I'm going to college soon... I'm going to have to sit in a classroom.. people will be looking at me in all directions... I'll have to sit in silence in a crowd of people my age.. no heavy breathing, trying not to sweat... I don't think I can do it robots
>>
>>25425842
It's just as bad as you think it will be. Good news is, you won't be going to college for long! Enjoy your inevitable mental breakdown, dropout, and NEETdom!
>>
>>25425842
In college no one cares about you. Other than shitty group projects you can go through your day talking to no one.
>>
>>25425873
It's not that I'm retarded it's that I can't be in a crowd of people
>>
>>25425842
nobody will notice you or care

even if you weren't so completely unextraordinary, which i'm sure you are - nobody will care, i promise you.

the only issue i ever had with this is apparently i cleared my throat a lot in a chemistry class. the obnoxious Stacey who called me out on this proceeded to shut up about it when i handed her a 94 on a 'group' assignment
>>
>>25425842
no one cares if you breathe heavy or sweat. I guarentee ive seen worse in my lectures than some random fuck breathing and sweating. I mean one dude almost spilled his beer on me in the middle of a lecture.
>>
>>25425891
I never said you were retarded. My advice remains unchanged.
>>
>>25425890
nice meme. people will constantly tease you about how your robot behavior.
>>
>>25425842
i just went high as fuck to everything, including exams

wonder if i will relapse or drop out next semester now that I'll be sober
>>
Do all majors require oral presentations?
For me, that shit might be a deal breaker when it comes to going to college.
>>
>>25425959
All majors require you to pass as a normie well enough to make professional connections and find an internship, which is much harder than any oral presentation. They don't tell you this, either. So if you're a robot and you focus on getting good grades and completing all your projects, you've been jewed and you missed the point.

It never mattered how smart you are, it matters how good you are at making social connections. People hire people they know. People hire people that seem well-adjusted and don't present any red flags or ring any alarms or whatever term normies use to exclude robots.

You weren't born to win.
>>
>>25425937
are you fucking retarded? nobody gives a shit about that unless you're in a humanities course.

>>25425959
All majors require some fine arts credits, and nearly every fine arts class requires you to do some oral presentations.

But don't worry, if getting a decent job and a degree to hang on the wall means anything to you, a fucking oral presentation that lasts less than ten fucking minutes will not be a deal breaker.

Shut the fuck up. god fucking damn I hate you niggers. I HATE NIGGERS. They all need to be killed. Not imprisoned. not harmed. not corralled by the cops EXCEPT to be killed.

I FUCKING HATE NIGGERS.
>>
>>25426077
i feel like i could do this honestly
its easy to act like a normie, i cant live like one but imitating a businessman or preacher is childs play
>>
>>25425937
I don't even know any people to tease me.
>>
>online friend doesn't have enough money to go back to college
>seriously considering giving her the money even though she's trying to stop me

I kind of want to send her the money and then kill myself, but that isn't fair to her or anyone or my parents, but it's what I want to do.
>>
>>25426173
>online friend
>she
>giving her money
ahahahahaahahhahaha
>>
Out of the three years I've knocked down on college (followed by a period of degeneracy and NEEThood, in turn followed by getting my shit back together currently), I've never seen any public humiliation of peers. Not once.

The only people that were talked about harshly behind their backs, to my knowledge, were the highschool dual-enrollment kids in my freshman gen-ed courses that wouldn't stop interrupting class with irrelevant questions meant to make themselves sound smart.

The other people that were talked about badly were adults doing the exact same thing. Generally, these people seemed to fit the obese awkward neckbeard stereotype. However, there were plenty with the neckbeard aesthetic that were quiet/silent and never got a harsh word spoken about them. And there were some that were quite friendly and well-liked, even if they looked straight autistic in terms of appearance.

I'll never know if the people claiming that college is simply highschool 2.0 (of course, somehow I feel highschool was quite tame in terms of "bullying" or things like that) are making shit up to bring down easy targets, or if I've been incredibly lucky throughout my entire academic life.

The only time anyone ever "called me out" is when my pupils were dilated as shit for no good reason, and some cute bitch asked me if I was stoned. Of course, usually I WAS stoned, but I don't show it so much. It wasn't a big deal, just a quick "nah, I ain't stoned, that would be pretty sick though"

Don't think I ever exchanged words with her again. I mean, I AM on this board, after all.

Don't worry so fucking much m8
>>
>>25426250
>normie doesn't experience bullying and isn't aware of it
shocker
>>
>>25426213
I know, cuck, etc.

I don't care anymore. I'd probably spend it on drugs.
>>
>>25426173
>>25426173
There are myriad options for payment of tuition aside from you throwing dolla dolla bills at her.

I mean shit, Pell Grant alone will cover much of tuition, and with a small subsidized loan on top of that, she'd be fine at any small-medium sized university. That isn't even mentioning other need-based or performance-based grants/scholarships.

Truthfully, from that small bit of information, it seems as though she is either horrifically ignorant, triumphantly lazy, or both.

Or its a weird case where she's "stuck" living at home because mommy and daddy "won't let her move" but also won't assist her with university payments. Even then, if she's turning 24 within the school year she applies for, she can get the full Pell Grant while living with them.
>>
>>25425842

What colleges are you applying to and what's your major? The part I'm most worried about is the social life honestly. ;_;
>>
>>25426277
That's fine for you to say, no worries. Doesn't bother me. I'm not going to get into a "I'm more pathetic than you" contest to prove that I'm anything.

Never did claim that I'd never been bullied nor that I've never been made aware of it. Middle school and a few months of HS was fucking shit. I suppose I just learned methods to avoid the ire of my peers better/quicker than others. I suppose according to you, that is something to be ashamed of!

Even so, I'm not willfully nor incidentally ignorant or unaware of bullying happening. I've seen it plenty. You'll likely disagree with me (which is hilarious, trying to say that personal anecdotes didn't happen), but the folks that I've seen "bullied" generally did deserve it through their own malice and disrespect towards others. At the very least, they presented very easy targets.

Thanks for distracting me for a few minutes out of this 3rd shift. Cheers, bud.
>>
>>25426277
You can't get away with bullying in college becuase people that care enough to be shits in college to actively bully others don't realy last long in terms of academics and general motivation.

That being said there are plenty of people I would gladly call out for being simple assholes in college the vast majority of which are autistics like me that can't hide their power levels enough to shut up and let the professor speak. That and shitty dorm mates thats do shitty things like stay up all night playing loud music and/or bringing gfs or fuck buddies and litterily fucking in the next bed to mine in the middle of the night.
>>
Just want to collect your stem degree and then move back home unable to find a job? The cheat code I used was earbuds in white or some other salient color taped to a rock I kept in my pocket.

Normies thought I was listening to audiobooks or podcasts all the time. That was my cover story if anyone asked. See, I was clever. If I said music they'd have asked me to share. Noone wants to listen to podcasts or audiobooks. If they asked which book I'd just give them the title of the book I was then reading or make up a podcast series about an interesting topic(normies hate interesting things so it's a good way to shoo them).

I would suggest you at least attend the job fairs and get your nose so deep in their ass it comes out their mouth. I eventually wound up going back to school for nursing. Apparently there's no job for a networkless chemistry major with only a 2.9 gpa. Nursing is what I'm doing now. I'm one of the few males so there's less pressure. When I do interact it seems like I'm kind of deferred to as the boss man. It actually feels good, I feel like a mini chad. I've been talking to some different people and have been put in contact with directors of nursing and program heads. I should have an externship lined up next semester, and an internship the next, both paid and in critical care like I want. With some luck I will skip wiping asses in medsurg for a couple years out of school and go straight into playing with blood and guts and watching people die.

Since you haven't started yet I might even suggest nursing as your major. I was a mostly B and A student before, my gpa was only so low because of stupid shit noone cares about like literature, public speaking, computer concepts, english composition, history, and women's studies they forced me to take that I never even studied for or put effort into.

The entrance exame was a joke though. I mean chemistry could be tricky, but I made top 1% for prenursing test.
>>
>>25425842
I'm skipping on this semester until the weather clears up.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.