[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to drop out of school >afraid my parents will disown me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (431 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
file.png
431 KB, 780x818
>want to drop out of school
>afraid my parents will disown me
>>
>>25425262
drop out and do nothing?
or to do something you feel would be more productive and profitable?
>>
Just change your major family

Atleast get the degree
>>
>>25425262
Don't drop out, just refuse to leave the dorm or talk to anyone until your grades fuck up and you get kicked out, then have panic attacks when you go outside when you get back home. They'll come around eventually.

t. NEET
>>
>>25425290
I guess the second one, I'm thinking of taking up a trade because I don't have the ambition or intellect to get a useful degree.
>>
>>25425331
nothing wrong with trades
are your parents university educated snobs who think less of people who don't have degrees and think their lives are terrible?
>>
>>25425331
You're still in the brainwashed mindset that smart, capable people get degrees and idiots go into the trades and military. In reality, normies get degrees and do trades and go into the military, and robots fuck up everything they try due to lack of motivation and other brain problems. See you in the NEET threads, brother.
>>
>>25425375
We're middle class, but they both went to university and my older brother got an engineering degree at a top 50 school.

I've basically been told my entire life "you're going to college". Except we don't have the money to just get me there. It's all out of my pocket + loans upon loans.
>>
>>25425435
why would you be afraid of your parents disowning you when it's not their money thats being spent on your education?
>>
>>25425435
>It's all out of my pocket + loans upon loans.
Haha oh boy, get out of there fast. It'll only get worse the longer you stay.
>>
>>25425519
Because I like them and want to make them proud of me?
>>
>>25425537
There are ways to be useful without a college degree. Just get good in whatever you can and get bitches and cash money. Then they can't possibly resent you.
>>
>>25425537
Dude you're paying to do something you hate so you fan make your parents proud? If they can only be proud of you when you have a degree they may have an issue senpai
>>
>>25425537

if they'd disown you for making, what seems to be, to a better financial decision for yourself over overrated school prestige (what's your major anyways?), then why would you want to make unreasonable parents like that proud

since you like them, they probably wouldn't disown you. Why don't you just tell them "Mom, Dad, I know you wanted me to go to college, but it's very expensive. Since I'm paying with my own cash and taking debt on my own name, I feel like it would be a better financial decision and, a more enjoyable, less stressful experience for me to pursue a trade" then just go from there. If you can talk it out, and they're cool with it, that's only even more reason to love and respect your parents

even if you graduate, you might have shitty grades. Your parents might be proud for a couple weeks after you graduate. But you won't be happy and may not be very well employable. Don't hesitate on this too much. A new semester is starting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.