[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get a robot movies suggestion thread? I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: pepe.png (33 KB, 108x108) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
33 KB, 108x108
Can I get a robot movies suggestion thread?

I'll start.

>Lars and the Real Girl
>>
>>25424382
The Artist was pretty good. Silence + music = tears...
>>
File: images[1].jpg (66 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
66 KB, 720x1080
The Gift

Normie gets BTFO by robot.
>>
File: Taxi Driver.png (59 KB, 684x710) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver.png
59 KB, 684x710
Taxi Driver.

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man."

"Listen you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is someone who stood up."
>>
Serpico
Taxi Driver
Leon/The Professional

Or on the more philosophical side, Un Homme qui Dort/The Man who Sleeps.
>>
Wings of Desire
Nice little german arthouse movie about an angel deciding to be a Robot
>>
>>25424382
>the hateful eight
A roastie attempts to seduce men but just keeps getting beat up. Towards the end shit just gets worse and worse for her. It's great
>>
Not a movie, but a mini-series -- The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. Directed by Andrew Jarecki who also directed Capturing the Friedmans. Both are true crime-esque documentaries. Both are very good
>>
File: 220px-Detachment_poster.jpg (16 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-Detachment_poster.jpg
16 KB, 220x326
1. Mr. Nobody
2. Detachment
3. Taxi Driver
4. The Professional
>>
The Deer Hunter is fucking fantastic. Just finished it tonight and it's definitely a top 5 all time for me.
>>
The Star Wars prequel trilogy is shit, but Anakin's character in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith was a major influence on Elliot. He goes into detail about his love for the prequels and Anakin in his writings. You can definitely see Anakin's influence in the way he talks.
>>
>>25425797
WARM (originale)
>>
File: Posterpdl.jpg (17 KB, 215x320) Image search: [Google]
Posterpdl.jpg
17 KB, 215x320
Punch Drunk Love.

If nothing else, you will see Adam Sandler in an entirely different light.
>>
File: Untitled.png (65 KB, 184x265) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65 KB, 184x265
>>25425839

5. White Rabbit
6. Ex-Machina
>>
mary and max

it's a claymation film with max comfy and a friendless loner loser protagonist who befriends a little girl as penpal
>>
>>25425839
>detachment
some fire shit right there, i watched it about 10 times

Gummo
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Tideland
>>
If you guys like Taxi Driver check out I Stand Alone, it's a similar French film with the edginess turned up to 11, plus an incest subplot.

>>25425773
This is a comfy one, great atmospheric shots.
>>
The United States of Leland is about an autistic kid who kills the retarded brother of his girlfriend and the story explores why he did it
>>
Watch some Werner Herzog. He's a GOAT robot auteur.
>>
File: melancholia.jpg (226 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
melancholia.jpg
226 KB, 630x1200
>>25425995

7. Melancholia (there are no robot characters in this movie, but you will feel some feels).
>>
File: woodsman.jpg (92 KB, 502x755) Image search: [Google]
woodsman.jpg
92 KB, 502x755
the woodsman is a good one

its about a pedo, but its from his point of view and it isnt cringey sjw tier demonization
>>
Possession. The 1981 one. Not sure how robot it is, but it's a really good film. Robots with broken families will probably relate.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.