[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you start to fall behind your peers socially?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 19
File: 1436560570883.jpg (168 KB, 450x482) Image search: [Google]
1436560570883.jpg
168 KB, 450x482
At what age did you start to fall behind your peers socially?
>>
>>25411499
Fuck me and you'll know.
>>
>>25411499
the moment I came out of my dad's dick
>>
>>25411499
11 (original post)sdfasdfasdf
>>
>>25411499
i didn't ,i willingly extracted myself from social groups, i can go back but it's too much work dealing with others that are basically children in adult bodies.
>>
Last year at 18.

Stayed home to go to a junior college. Worst mistake of my life.
>>
>>25411542
The moment I was formed in his ballsack and the egg of ze belly
>>
i think if you haven't had a girlfriend or at least some kind of experience with at least one girl by the time you graduate high school you are behind.

i remember telling myself before every year of high school that this would be the year. obviously never happened.
>>
I remember falling out hardly at 6 yo then coming back again during the age 10-12 and the rest is pure shit
>>
Moment I was born.
>>
probably 10, 11. just around the time when kids start hanging out more often and start taking an interest in girls.
>>
I don't know. Never went to first grade so always at least 7 months younger than everyone else. Started being a loser at adolescence but my midschool was full of douches. Almost could have made it at 15 when I was in a good class in high school but moved out the next year and isolated myself.
>>
>>25411499
6 years old
Everyone in my class was 7, some even 8
I blame that 2bh
>>
>>25411499
Around 10, when I was getting big into the Internet and video games.
>>
When I was 4
>>
>>25411499
3rd-4th elementary grade, no regrets

vidya is my salvation
>>
>>25411592

I think if you haven't had your first kiss by 13, 15 at the absolutely latest, you're fucked.

First girlfriend in college is still fine, losing virginity in college is still fine.
>>
12. Being smart stopped being cool to me. Lost confidence. Only now (at 23) am I starting to recover.
>>
Around 12 years old. Never had playdates because my mom thought they were a waste of time, didn't have proper hygiene because I didn't know how to wash myself so I repulsed everyone, and spent all my time playing runescape.

My dad also told me girls were a waste of time and a distraction from my studies, so I never even considered making female friends until I was 18.

Please allow your children to develop naturally.
>>
>>25411542

>tfw no sperm gf
>>
>>25411499

At 10 years old, because I moved to a new school and lost all my friends that I grew up with and all the teachers who were like family. I went from an extremely outgoing kid to an introverted shy beta boy. Haven't recovered fully since. I never will. ;_;
>>
Middle school age.
>>
>>25411499
From the very beginning. I was the class bully target in kindergarten because I was effeminate and only had female friends

In elementary school I was an annoying shit to everyone else so I had no friends

By middle school I had no social skills

By highschool I was a recluse and was too afraid to say anything out of fear that I would say something stupid or cringeworthy

It's the same in University. I'm fucking terrified of professors and I'm afraid if I say something stupid or cringeworthy I'll end up being mentioned on those stupid university confession pages
>>
Never had any friends, so like 3 I guess? Whenever kids go into kindergarden
>>
>>25411499
I wonder what that really cute Snorg tees girl is doing today. Not the one who got famous for being pretty but another one that I really liked ;_;
>>
Around primary school when people started to notice I was different. I was subsequently diagnosed with aspergers syndrome some time after.
>>
>>25411499
around 14 when I started getting acne and puberty fucked me over. 20 now and look like a 40 year old heroin-abusing paedophile
>>
Probably around grade four, back in 2004. I was eleven years old.
>>
2nd grade, when I was mocked for my looks and every kid just kept bragging about their first kiss
>>
It started in pre-school. My dad owned the school so I was treated differently by the staff. When my dad got sick and decided to sell the school the teachers got angry and started taking it out on me.

A bit in elementary school. My dad died when I was in kindergarden and it took me a long time to realize and deal with what had happened. This coupled with my ADHD made me this ball of energy that all the kids found annoying. I had one friend.

In middle school I had a better group of friends and became kind of a class clown. I also never washed my hair and wore the same jacket every single day so some people were turned off by that. A lot also thought I was annoying like in elementary so they didn't like me either.

In high school I was kicked out of the program my friends went to because I didn't meet the math requirement and was sent to a giant high school where I knew no one. I slipped into a giant depression that lasted my entire high school career. I never made any friends.

Now I'm in college and am starting to catch up. I still have no friends but I'm getting medication for my ADHD and anxiety to help me start talking to people. I'm hopeful for 2016.
>>
>>25411499
When I started high school
>>
>>25411499
Right about 5th grade. I went to a new school for half a year, had a bit of trouble fitting in but the problem was that my homeroom teacher literally destroyed me. He conditioned the whole class to hate me.
After half a year I moved back to the old school, but both the people I knew were indifferent to me and I was mentally scared.

Until highschool I never really found any friends. I talked to a literal autist, but a smart autist, not a dumb one.
It didn't help that my basically one and only friend left had found some fat jew looking fag and started to ignore me. The last we completely ignored each other's existence.

At highschool I was still a loner, but I could fit in in a group of pretty normally even high ranking in social status. Didn't really care about them, it was more of a friendship by deal sort of thing.
>>
>>25411832
>friends
>hope for the future

get the FUCK out, normie

reeeeeee
>>
>>25411633
>>25411629
Hug me bro. Fuck the preschool director who made my parents think it was a good idea to directly put me in the 2nd year of school.
>>
File: 1381071046616.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1381071046616.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>25411499
>start to fall behind
Uh, probably around the time I went to elementary school. It was noticeable in middle school and I ended up dropping out the first year of high school. I'm now 24 and been NEET since.
>>
>>25411904
Do you want to be here?
>>
>>25411499
At around 13 or 14.
>>
When they started giving me big doses of ritalin, became a zombie.
>>
Start of high school probably. But even then I had a small band of misfit friends. Now I got no one
>>
>>25411499
Probably whatever age you are at 4th grade.
>>
Preschool I was the only one without friends.
>>
When I got into high-school. Before than I had some mates in school and all that. In high-school I never made buddies or had a girlfriend, so yeah, that was that. Then after than in the university and life after that I had girlfriends but no actual friends or a social life.
>>
>>25411499
The signs were there in elementary school
Middle school is when it became obvious
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 422x408
>mfw realising I was literally being the oldest virgin in school
I think this was the final blow to my self esteem
>>
>>25411678
Kissing is almost nothing, the hardest part is to know how to talk to a girl. I know many normalfags think they can talk and acting superior about it but in fact they act worse than me.
>>
WTF MODS?
Someone just got banned for saying acne made him look like a heroin-abusing pedophile
>>
File: saitama oh.png (190 KB, 674x421) Image search: [Google]
saitama oh.png
190 KB, 674x421
When I started getting abused physically and mentally by my mother and stepfather at age 6.
>>
File: 195599898_a35f52f42e_b.jpg (500 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
195599898_a35f52f42e_b.jpg
500 KB, 1024x768
I moved so much during my childhood that I never had chance. I lived in 8 different states(military family) by the time I graduated HS. By the time I got to middle school I had pretty much given up on socializing and making meaningful friiendships because I knew I would just be moving in 2 years anyway. I had more/better friends on WoW and Counter-Strike during my adolescent/teen years than I did in real life. No matter how many times I moved, they would always be waiting in ventrilo for me.
>>
>>25411499
Age twelve. Middle school. Then shit started going downhill reeeeal fast.
>>
File: dark feels.png (40 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
dark feels.png
40 KB, 393x400
>>25411499
When I was 13 in middle school. It wasn't a gradual process or anything, I had a strong religious upbringing and was the youngest son, living in the shadow of 2 older brothers who were rebellious and charismatic. I was always babied in elementary school and fed fantasies like being a good boy will earn me the affection of a maiden and succes.

Then when I entered middle school school all I witnessed were young girls being whores, guys smoking weed and teenagers having pre-marital sex. It was pretty culture shock and my world being shattered. Couple this with poor social skills and the blue prints for a robot like me were ready to be used. Usually this is where indoctrinated kids start to become massive emo's or whores but I just kept to myself simply bottling up all the shit I went through. Now I am just a lost man who can't believe anything anymore. I feel so fucking drained.
>>
File: 445844_761575-howard.jpg (125 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
445844_761575-howard.jpg
125 KB, 1000x750
>>25412601
are you me?

blox
>>
I was 13 and started World of Warcraft shortly after release.
Lost all my friends in the coming months, never had any since then.
>>
File: tr_2113035b.jpg (38 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
tr_2113035b.jpg
38 KB, 620x388
i remember feeling lonely and unable to make friends around 13-14, i should've known i was in for a long trip
>>
>>25411499
Pretty sure I was hated by age 10
>>
At 16, I'm 24 now.
>>
File: 1451536504637.png (325 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1451536504637.png
325 KB, 728x426
in middle school i just grew apart from the rest, i was still into nintendo and shit when the rest moved on to call of duty and whatever, i was getting more into music like radiohead, etc, so no one had anything in common with me

then i became socially anxious as a result, and here we are
>>
File: OPcar.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
OPcar.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>25411542
At least you made it to the egg first
>>
>>25411499
I always felt I was behind my peers since day 1.
>>
I seem to alternate between being a friendless loser and having a social life, although with no dates of gas. Had friends most of elementary school, lost them when I went to middle school -- suddenly they were too cool for me. Began to form a new friend group in around the 7th grade, lasted with some additions until the 12th grade, when they began going to parties, hooking up with girls, and were again too cool for me. Didn't go to prom. Friends with roommates first semester of college, then we fell out. Alone my entire sophomore year. Lived with people my junior year, and had friends and drank a lot with them. They then graduated, moved on, or just had enough of me. Am alone again.
>>
>>25413366
gf*, not gas
>>
Around the same time I found out people didn't really see me as a friend.
>>
>>25411499
14-15, it all came crashing down at around 18-19.
>>
3rd grade, so around eight-years-old.
>>
>>25412591
Same here.
4 high schools, 3 middle schools, 4 elementary, and 3 pre-schools. I wasn't an army brat. My family just move a lot. A different reason each time. There was no point in making friends.
>>
>>25411685
>My dad also told me girls were a waste of time and a distraction from my studies

They are, and they're also a distraction from video games and other pleasures. Women are all vile succubi who will suck all life and happiness from you with an efficiency a cubicle farm would envy.
>>
>>25413639
>Girls are a distraction from video games

Now THIS is autism
>>
>>25411499
Whatever age kids go outside and start playing with each other, I sat inside playing with my ps2. Not exactly my fault, my parents never let me hang out with other kids.
>>
i was writing a super long post about my bio and jesus christ my life is a constant source of pain and misery. looking back, there isn't a single happy period, longer than a couple of days. fuck.

i try all the time to be a normie but there's always that voice inside me saying me im different, wonder why im not as popular as my other friends, asking whats my exact fault, if its physical or in my personality

god im tired of being miserable
>>
5th/6th grade desu.
>>
15 when I started seriously dating and spending all my time with somebitch
>>
14 yo, I first went to a school where they accepted me for being a shy but semi attractive autist that's pretty fun once you get to know him.

Then I went to a different school where I was bullied and my self esteem was crushed and I developed Avoidant Personality Dissorder.
>>
File: pglarge.gif (8 KB, 408x302) Image search: [Google]
pglarge.gif
8 KB, 408x302
Who /papuabot/ here?

https://youtu.be/w23n9ZqxdZs
>>
>>25411499
15, when I lost my last remaining friends.
>>
>>25411499
I don't really remember, but I think it started in kindergarten at the age of 4-5. I was pretty much ostracized then and I left it pretty early during the first year (kindergarten here lasts for 3 years and was semi-compulsory). Elementary school wasn't better either and later it got even worse.
>>
>>25413066
And that's the moment luck ran out.
>>
8th grade

Seasonal depression kicked in bad for the first time and I didn't know what was going on or how to deal with it.

I developed avoidant personality disorder and it stuck until about mid way through grade 9, at which point I was an edgy gothy kid into black metal and other edginess.

Then I took the red pill and I've been mostly content in my solitude since then.
>>
>>25411678
I had my first and only kiss when I was 15 and that was with a fat girl who felt bad for me
she told me it was difficult to kiss me because I was leaning on her
>>
>>25411499
Age one
>>
Around the start of middle school, so 10 or 11. That was when it became possible to "do things wrong" socially. I ended up being the third wheel to the nerd group, who didn't really bully me but instead made it obvious that I was the tag-along, not a real friend. I still don't understand socializing, and the anxiety from failed attempts has started taking a toll on my mental health.

t. 24-year-old NEET
>>
Around 15 when I stopped aging
>>
Uhhh... I would say grade 4 and onward
>>
>>25411499
6th grade
When I developed my first crush
>>
File: 1450725959896.gif (881 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1450725959896.gif
881 KB, 500x372
I don't know.
If I had to say I guess I would go with as far back as 5, I've always been different from everyone else.
Although I am closer now to having the things they have then I have ever been before, I imagine that by the time I am 20 I will be completely indistinguishable from a normie unless I reveal myself.

In the mean time I am just going to work on getting /fit/, educating myself and taking my classes seriously, and trying to "naturally" make friends and develop a social life/network.

I never really tried in the past so I guess I have to just start.
>>
File: justcornflakemyshit.webm (1 MB, 544x576) Image search: [Google]
justcornflakemyshit.webm
1 MB, 544x576
Everything went wrong when I was around 11. It was my last year of school. I had friends and we always played outside. I was happy.

Then we moved house and I had to start a new school for less than a year before moving to yet another new school which fucked me up. That first year was hell.
>>
13/14

I stopped playing sports and started playing MMO's
>>
>>25412591
that pic is comfy as fuck
I miss the lan parties of old
>>
>>25413639
Oh no no no, see, video games are a distraction from GIRLS.
>>
File: 1451636492272.jpg (42 KB, 658x543) Image search: [Google]
1451636492272.jpg
42 KB, 658x543
Kindergarten.

>mfw had delayed speech and other issues
>>
>>25411499

>fuck this red bar, stop muting me
>>
>>25411499
13 years old, 7th grade

I was kinda behind during the 1st and 2nd grade as well, kinda caught up afterwards. Still there were some people who disliked me at the 6th grade but most were my friends.
Then I switched schools entirely, most of my old classmates went to the same school and we lost contact.
Afterwards it just went downfall.
>>
Seen my sister shoot herself over being dumped
>tfw 23 now and still had never anything going on over freaking out
>thanks sis
>>
>>25413795
just like me, but you gotta do something about it. start becoming brave. do things that make you pee your pants. its the only way, trust me.
>>

> tons of friends in HS
> got to fuck lots of girls there and in college
> parties all the time
> graduate from good school a year early 3.8 GPA on an almost full ride scholarship
>it's Great Recession
>no job, parents lose house, get job, have to lend parents money, take on tons of debt to help support us
> debt makes moving impossible, stuck in poor city
> work 70 hours a week, never get ahead
> degree gets old, people look at my resume and think somthing is wrong with me for working McJobs with a STEM degree
>poor fag forever. Friends went on to bigger and better things.
>>
>>25411499
the moment I was born. I had to work all my life to reach what I am today and I still have nothing. What is different now is that people do not mock me anymore but avoid me instead.
>>
>>25416070
>delayed speech
My brother had delayed speech problems until he was ~7 yrs old, and still managed to be a semi-normie chad. What other issues did you have?
>>
File: 1451620878388.gif (2 MB, 1216x684) Image search: [Google]
1451620878388.gif
2 MB, 1216x684
>>25416419
Autism Spectrum shit and some OCD tendencies.

I have some friends, but not many. And we're all a little iffy when it comes to social situations.

I do a lot of weird shit when I'm on my own. Like making weird sound effects, noises, imagining I'm characters from animes and movies, even playing with some old toys I still have and hide to help with imagining those animes and movies.
I'm a pretty fucked up person desu. But I don't like this in public, I have control of it public. But eventually it makes me agitated not to be able to do these weird things after awhile.

btw, I'm 21 and I've done these things since I was in kindergarten.
>>
>>25416655
I knew a kid in hischool who had OCD and autism, and he was literally the worst person I've ever known. He was a legit retarded sociopath.

You seem cool, though. So I guess this debunks my headcanon of OCD and autism being a killer combo.
>>
>>25411499
Elementary.

I had a girl I really liked and we were best friends. We spent every break together until a drunk driver killed her.

I pretty much stopped caring about everything. Never had any friends since and started avoiding all other humans as much as possible.
>>
>>25411734
Fucking hell man, you're almost me. Though, I went to a small private school and actually had friends in elementary school.

I went to a public school for middle school though and knew no one and had no idea how to interact with anyone so I turned into an annoying retard for attention.

In highschool I got another semi-fresh start since I went to a votech that pulled from 7 surrounding schools. Most people were new to me and I decided to be quiet as fuck most of the time. Made a few friends but I was always the target of jokes and shit. And then I had an incident with a girl in front of friends where I turned tomato-red as I was helping her with math homework and I was sitting like 2 feet from her I was so nervous. So they didn't let me down about that.

And then college I didnt know anyone and I turned super quiet and recluse. Never talked to a girl in my 4 years there. Didn't make any friends. I''m pretty fucked now for the most part
>>
File: 1450475599124.jpg (73 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1450475599124.jpg
73 KB, 960x544
>>25416655
>Like making weird sound effects, noises
I know that feel, it just feels good to do it, sometimes I try to imitate morse code just because I think it sounds cool, and will also try to hum songs and musical tracks, but it doesnt sound much like music but rather various pitches of noise that might sound like a hum or a trumpet or who knows
But I dont care, its entertaining to do sometimes and I ONLY do it when no one else is around
>>
Kindergarten
>>
7th grade, but there were definitely symptoms before that
>>
>>25416731
>You seem cool, though
Th-thanks Anon. People never really had an issue with me. Probably because I tried myself not to sperg out because I knew I was a little weirder than my peers.
>tfw the internet became your sanctuary and you could act any way you want.

>>25416829
It is a good feel. I have another friend who does it too. He likes to imitate Star Wars stuff.
I had roommate in college who had autism and he would love to make sounds.
>tfw he would reference anime and anime characters.
He was one of my best roommates to have, just simply we could relate and could make our noises in peace.
>>
File: 65e.jpg (112 KB, 445x503) Image search: [Google]
65e.jpg
112 KB, 445x503
>>25411528
oh dios mios
>>
well it started in 3rd grade when out of nowhere every boy in class made fun of me for the entire year which made me antisciall in 4th grade ( they didnt make fun of me anymore but I had like 1 friend) in 5th and 6th grade I was bullied by my once best friend , it was pretty bad (although ther people gave suffered worse) in middle school I was once again bullied but i fought back the bullies didnt bother me too much , now (in university ) i dont really have many friends but i'm being sociall soo yeah thats about it
>>
>>25416829
>>25416655
third anon here. When I play with pets, I literally can't stop making lots of weird noises, barking or meowing at them, even if I'm annoying others. But it's some of the best fun in my life.
>>
>>25411499
>peers
LOL
>>
>>25411499
(0% content)
It gets better!!!1!@3!
>>
>>25413682
>>25416056
I bet you fags play mobile games, if any at all.
>>
>>25417059
Nvm, now that I think about it, I started kindergarten at age 4. Always been (a year) behind.
>>

That was when the bullying started. Before that I'd been full normie with lots of friends, but somewhere around that time, the circle of kid who were cool with me slowly started to shrink and the list of kids who'd take opportunities to hurt me slowly started to grow.

By the time I was 14 it was basically game over. I had one friend and he was in the same boat as me - a fellow recluse, we stuck together because it was the only way we had a chance of avoiding daily beatings.

At 19 I was in college and I thought I had fixed things. I had friends again, nobody picked on me. What I didn't realize is that I was in a whole class full of rejects like me. They were my people.

I'm 28 now. Of all the guys I knew in college, only one of them has a girl. The rest are forever alone losers just like me.
>>
around middle school.
>>
>>25417047
It's a good feel that there's some anons here that can relate.

To those Anons who responded. Continue to be you lads.
Our noises shall forever make normies uncomfortable.
>>
i think at arround like 12 when i moved from grade school to jhs and met new kids who bullied me a bit. granted it wasnt that much because i was a big kid (tall and kinda chubby), but im rather sensitive

i didnt make friends because i was super shy, and lo and behond i spent all my lunches alone going home to eat

then i moved to a new hs because my parents moved to a new location, and dropped out after 1.5 years

25 kv neet
>>
File: cryingpepe.jpg (32 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
cryingpepe.jpg
32 KB, 400x388
>>25416737
oh god. i'm crying. please get better man, just start doing other things or something..
>>
>>25417137
its nice to have likeminded ppl around you tho
>>
With 12 but I didn't noticed.
With 16 was the time that I realized that I was a failure. And I only realized this, when a Chad in a bus told me "Is that your sister? Well at least you a friend", and then I started crying in front of my mom and sister, and I told them what happened, one week later we moved city just because of me.
Right now with 19,I can't leave my house
>>
20 y/o hkv in college.
Just gas me, family.
>>
>>25411734
Wow. My social development basically mirrored yours.

Beat up in PreK - 1 and attempted to play with girls. Our teachers had to know these were some serious red flags, but they didn't do anything.

Maybe I fell through the cracks because I moved a couple of times.
>>
I think it was around kindergarten, so 5?
>>
I can't remember not being behind.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.