[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be able to shoot someone who was threatening to violently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: 013.png (38 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
013.png
38 KB, 285x177
Would you be able to shoot someone who was threatening to violently mug you?
>>
>>25409060

Yes, but I'd feel sad about killing him.
>>
File: 1451445729614.jpg (33 KB, 401x485) Image search: [Google]
1451445729614.jpg
33 KB, 401x485
no I'd probably first offer my butt and if they didn't want that then I'd give them my money
>>
>>25409060
I would order them to rape me
>>
>>25409060
Yes, but preferably in the leg or something. I'd want to avoid having to kill if possible. That being said, if it came to it I think I'd be able to, considering that I'm already pretty desensitized to violence.
>>
Yes. I'd pull the trigger multiple times
>>
I shot a meth head trying to break into my garage with a pellet rifle once when I was 16, he screamed like a fucking banshee from hell and ran into the woods. I didn't sleep for the 2 days it took the cops to find him. When they did, it turns out the pellet had gone right through his bicep like it was nothing and caused a horrible infection. Scared the fucking shit out of me.

But all that being said, I know I could do it for real if I had to with my handgun. Not trying to sound edgy, but if you buy a firearm you should accept that you need to be prepared to kill someone with it if you ever use it to defend yourself.
>>
Yeah, I'm always looking for an excuse to hurt someone
>>
it scares me how unmoved i would feel if i took a life of someone trying to harm me in any way
>>
>>25409102
Shoot to kill, bodies can't make up stories.
>>
>>25409060
I would offer to suck them off, just please don't hurt me. Pretty much my fetish though, so I am biased.
>tfw my fetish is making someone cum and then I get killed
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>25409102
>shoot leg may may
>>
Yes, because I'm not a cuckolded leftist who values a violent criminal's life over my own safety.
>>
>>25409324
so you aim for the head like with zombies?
>>
>>25409324
Well in the heat of the moment it would obviously go out the window, but I'm not gonna execute the guy if I can help it.
>>
>>25409379
>>25409372
If you use a deadly weapon in a non-deadly way (purposefully shooting for the leg), they're going to absolutely rape you in court by saying that since you didn't try to kill him, you didn't feel like you needed to use deadly force thus concluding that you were not in enough danger to use deadly force- therefore, you illegally used a deadly weapon in an unlawful escalation of force.

Basically, if you use a deadly weapon to defend yourself, you'd better be damn well ready to kill that motherfucker.
>>
File: 1441475323647.png (3 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1441475323647.png
3 KB, 209x215
>>25409060
IAMO

Intent
Ability
Means
Opportunity

Someone who communicates an intent to violently mug me does not give me justifiable cause to use lethal force.

For me to be justified, they would have to communicate the intent to, whether through verbal means, or non verbal means like following me while showing aggressive body language

They would also have to be able to. A preschooler threatening to violently mug me does not have the ability to. A suspicious looking adult male in his early thirties who seems to be in good health does.

A suspicious looking adult male threatening to violently mug me still doesn't justify lethal force if they are making the threat say, behind a chainlink fence and several rows of cars. They don't have the opportunity to. They do have the opportunity to though, if for example, they were standing right next to me.

Finally, I will need to have exhausted all other means of ensuring my safety before escalating to lethal means. It could be putting distance between me and him, it could be brandishing, it could be putting cover between me and him, like a car or something. However, if I have exhausted those means, if Stand-Your-Ground laws are in effect where this happens, or if I simply don't have the time to do anything other than draw and fire, then yes,

I would be able to and I would also be willing to use lethal force.
>>
>>25409438
not to mention that leg shots aren't non-lethal. there are a few very large vessels in your legs e.g. femoral artery.
>>
>>25409438
>you didn't feel like you needed to use deadly force thus concluding that you were not in enough danger to use deadly force

except that's not how it works retard
>>
>>25409482
True, but if that anon stated in court that "I didn't try to kill him I was just aiming for a non vital spot" he'd get rek't in court
>>
>>25409438
But couldn't you also argue that you didn't think about where to shoot and instead only used enough force to prevent harm to yourself? Perhaps you're right though. If I ever purchased a firearm it'd be wise to research my rights and legal precedents related to using it.
>>
>>25409438
good to know, what about warning shots?
>>
Texan and /k/ here

>>25409463
This anon is correct.

Even if you are legally justified in executing someone, you may not have ethical probable cause.

Unless your life is in immediate danger or you are absolutely 100% certain beyond a shadow of a doubt someone else's life is in immediate danger, keep your finger off the trigger.

If he was rushing you with a knife or unholstering a gun that would be a different story.
>>
>>25409490
Except that is literally exactly how it works. In the CCW course they teach us to kill so we don't ever get fucked over in court, and I have seen plenty of real world examples of people that have been fucked by the law for not killing a person. Does that sound idiotic or what.
>>
>>25409520
>warning shots

Generally a bad idea considering they give off your position, could ricochet or fly into someone else, and also waste valuable ammunition if shit starts flying
>>
>>25409060
I wouldn't need to be threatened to do it
>>
>>25409506
If you are ever mentally retarded enough to fall for the shoot-in-the-legs meme and actually do it somehow, when police and military training worldwide train their shooters to shoot for the torso because even professional shooters can only be expected to hit the torso reliably, just lie and say you were shaky and the adrenaline affected your aim and that you were definitely aiming for the torso.
>>
>>25409506
No.
That's why police alwyad shoot to kill. Handguns should be a last resort and if you use it youre using it to outright kill and period.
This is also why you constantly hear "police fired 10 bullets into the suspect" or something. They intended to make sure the target dies and stays dead.

I can't remember which case, but one of the black people that got shot had this issue come up. People were wondering why can't you shoot to injure in the leg, and well, because 1. It's too hard compare to a body shot 2. you shoot to kill only.
>>
>>25409060
probably in the leg or foot or something.
>>
>>25409619
How come you can't just shoot them in torso area once or twice? Or do you have to do it until they're a bloody pulp?
>>
>>25409652
Because you want to put out the fire
>>
>>25409652
That requires intense training and confidence in shot placement. You have no idea how insane the adrenaline rush is when you're in such a situation, and that causes you to just pull the trigger until you're out of ammo or the guy's on the ground.
>>
>>25409652
People can die from one shot or survive 20 shots. if someone is charging you with a knife and got shot once it may not stop them, especially with the adrenaline in their body.
If in that situation you have to unload until you make sure the threat is neutralized.
>>
>>25409652
1. You may miss. Mag dump to be sure.
2. The bullets may underpenetrate and not reach any vital organs.
3. If the person is on meth or PCP, being hit by a truck won't stop them. 10 .45s or 15 9mms might slow them down or make them fall over.
4. Gunshot wounds take up to a minute to be fatal.
>>
>>25409060

in my country? I'd take the fucking mugging honestly, I'd be charged for even having the gun on me, another charge for firing it, probably charged with murder too

Australian legal system literally favors the violent criminals
>>
>>25409680
>>25409688
>>25409689
>>25409696
You do realise the OP didn't say the guy actually was armed or had the means to mug you as such, rather then just threatening you? If he actually brandished a weapon and tried to attack you, i can see your point. I have a feeling alot of people wouldn't mind putting some lead into a guy who spouts one threat
>>
>>25409748
The last person you quoted, >>25409696, is >>25409530.

Not everyone who owns a firearm is trigger happy.
>>
if the guy is of reasonable age and size, and is making threats that he's going to violently mug me, I'm drawing. Even if he isn't armed I don't know that and it's his own retarded fault for presenting himself as a threat to me.
>>
>>25409748
See
>>25409463

The people you quoted only answered a question anon made, not OP.
>>
>>25409372

No, you mag dump center mass and claim you were frightened for your life when the police arrive
>>
>>25409790
>>25409807
Oops.. sorry about that
>>
>>25409060
The only thing that would stop me is the fear that I might kill them by accident

Not because I wouldn't want to if my life was in danger but if they die and I go to prison on what was actually a self defense case my life is basically over
>>
>>25409060
No, if someone wanted to kill me I'd just let them

I have always wanted to die, too much of a pussy to do it myself I'll let someone else do it

So far no one has wanted to kill me
>>
>>25409060
>Would you be able to shoot someone who was threatening to violently mug you?

I would have zero problem with it. I did two tours of Afghanistan and have killed quite a few (sand) people. Killing has never bothered me - I kill them or they will kill me; there's no issue there.
>>
>>25410258
MOS? CIB or CAB
>>
>>25409102
>>25409372
>>25409379
>>25409506
>>25409652

http://bearingarms.com/professionals-dont-shoot-wound/
>>
>>25410325
Not American. I was General Duties then Heavy Weapons (mortar) in the Royal Marines.
>>
>>25409060
Easily.

Then I'd be super scared of how easy it was.
>>
>>25409060
I would shoot someone that wasn't doing anything if it was convenient for me
>>
>>25409060
I stabbed a guy, who tried to mug me. He came out of nowhere, sucker punched me and was holding my head and hitting it over and over, he didn't see me pull out my knife until I grabbed hold of him and stuck him a few times in the gut until he fell down. Did everything right, called the police and an ambulance, even tried to put pressure on the wounds and slow the bleeding, but he died in the hospital. I'd honestly rather just shoot someone, next time, than stab someone to death. I still think about his blood on me, not in a sad way but just like "shit, I've killed a man". Most people don't get to experience that, it's hard to relate to people about it unless they were in the military. I didn't join the military, specifically because I never wanted to deal with any life or death scenarios, but then some dick head decides he wants to hurt me/kill me and take my things.
>>
>>25409102
Always shoot them dead. That's why I buy hollow points for my 9mm.
>>
>>25410635
I would love to stab a guy to death. If I ever get a terminal illness I'm going to kill someone with a knife, nobody in particular. I envy you anon.
>>
>>25409520
Warning shots are illegal and could land you behind bars

Shooting to kill is legal
>>
>>25409060
>>25409060
I'd shoot anyone for trying to rob me i sell drugs and shit happens but you cant look like a bitch in this game if there threatening you make them scared and fear you to never think of stupid shit like that again. come on now robot
>>
>>25410497
Respect. US army here, 11B
>>
File: 1444240694704.jpg (269 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
1444240694704.jpg
269 KB, 2048x1356
Yes. I carry a gun and own several rifles and shit. I lived in Kansas City where niggers often tried to fuck with me.
>be small asian guy in 90's KC
>niggers think I'm an easy target who can't speak English or some shit
>I have always loved guns, shooting, martial arts, and can speak English fluently
>nigger trying to steal my car
>nigger who stole someone else's car, crashed, and tried to steal my car
>nigger sticking his head through my window screaming incomprehensible niggatry
>at least two niggers stopping their cars in front of and behind my car probably a third coming to come rob me
These are all times I have drawn my gun. Never fired, but that shit pisses me off. I have no problem shooting someone who deserves it.
>>
>>25410684
It's actually gross. You get blood all over you, I was terrified I'd caught whatever disease that junkie may have had, HIV, hepatitis, whatever. Just nightmares of the guy laughing at me and saying he got me back good, doctors telling me I have AIDS, that sort of shit happened for about a week and the whole thing was seven years ago, and I still get routine STI checkups, just on the off chance that HIV pops up, because I've read somewhere that it can take years to manifest itself, that it can be dormant and hide for a long time and you'd never even know it.
>>
>>25409060
>violently mug you?
If they have a lethal weapon, yes, shoot to kill, otherwise no.
>>
>>25409530
>Even if you are legally justified in executing someone, you may not have ethical probable cause.
>>
>>25411144

Literally this. Given no outside force, you are the law. If you feel bad about this all you can do is try to rely on social support and guidance if this ever happens to you.
>>
File: OKBookCover.jpg (36 KB, 464x699) Image search: [Google]
OKBookCover.jpg
36 KB, 464x699
>>25410635

You should check out this book. It talks about the different ways that killing affects people(shooting someone 100 yards away will affect you much differently than stabbing someone right in front of you, for example). It's focused on the military but I still think you would get something out of it.
>>
>>25409060
I carry a pistol with me at all times and I live in a kinda shitty neighborhood. Every day I hope I get mugged or otherwise put in a position where I can legally pull the trigger on someone. Not that I go out of my way to put myself in that situation though. I feel like there are many people who feel the same way but would never admit it.
>>
>>25409060
I could shoot someone for less. Especially since I'm on a no-fap right now. I'm just so angry all the time.
>>
Hey give me your money. You shoot and kill him. That's kinds like being tripped so you hit them with your car for revenge. Little excessive. But I guess If your a scared robot afraid of interactions I can see why you would be so frightened
>>
>>25409060
yes, and i have, as well as my brother

shoot to kill

this entire thread is going to go to jail if they think Warning shots and non lethal shots are allowed; i mean jesus fucking Christ you guy's are retards
>>
>>25411713

> Little excessive. But I guess If your a scared robot afraid of interactions I can see why you would be so frightened

you're the person i talked about here>>25411725

good luck in jail
>>
>>25409060
>implying they have something of value to take from me
>>
If they're a nigger, I'll shoot them while they play with their kids
>>
I would probably vomit or have a panic attack after, but yes. Wouldn't be the first time I've had to compel myself to do things that would cause me severe anxiety.
>>
File: 1410193553247.jpg (43 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
1410193553247.jpg
43 KB, 558x558
>>25411713
I wish I could live in a fantasy world where criminals never hurt people for no reason. I could ride unicorns down rainbow road to candyland every weekend. Maybe I'll even have a gf there.
>>
>>25409102
Shoot to kill or don't shoot. If you shoot to wound, then they can come back and say that you didn't believe your life was in danger.
>>
>>25410927

You don't get HIV just by coming in contact with someone's blood. There needs to be blood-to-blood contact, as in their blood going into an open wound on your body. For instance, if you had a deep cut on your arm, and their blood was all over this cut.

The reason vaginal and anal sex transmits HIV is because it's so abrasive that it creates micro tears in / on the genitals, which creates a route for contact.

There's really no need to be paranoid about this and continue getting checkups. HIV tests are very effective these days. If your tests were negative some 6 months down the line, then you definitely haven't been exposed to HIV.
>>
>>25409736
You're a nation of criminals, makes sense
>>
>>25411826
Death is not an acceptable response to a property crime, ever.
>>
>>25410635
He deserved to die.
>>
>>25412369
It is when it's my shit. If someone fucks with you you deserve to be able to kill them and they deserve to die. And the world is a better place afterwards.
>>
>>25409060
With brute force.
>>
>>25412369
it is, i dont care who you are but you are not taking what is mine, i do not care about you or your life
>>
>>25412510
This, that's the biggest cuck response ever

Hurr, take whatever you want and rape my asshole while you're at it. It's not worth you dying over because your life is so precious to me.

Fuck it, the more violent criminals die the better. You can't be a repeat offender when you're dead. I think they should make any violent crime punishable by death.

They should also go back to publicly hanging people to put fear into criminals.

Here's what happens to armed robbers, rapists, and murders.
>>
>>25412369
It is when violence is the means to accomplish that crime.
>>
I've shot at people twice, second time was actually trying to shoot the guy, but he was trying to rape me so there's that.
>>
>>25409102
If you don't kill them they can sue you (in America)
>>
>>25409060
Yes because misanthrope.
>>
>>25412409
>>25412510
>>25412576
>>25413174
Your shit's not that important. If you get into a running gunfight with a street nigger over an iPhone, I hope you and whatever used up cunt you're with ends up in the morgue. We don't need people like you shitting up our neighborhoods.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.