[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The five objectively best modern games: Fallout 4 Bioshock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
The five objectively best modern games:

Fallout 4
Bioshock Infinite
Bastion
The Last of Us
Undertale

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1436366615918.gif (404 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1436366615918.gif
404 KB, 342x342
no thank you I'm ok, you posted best pokegirl so you're entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>25408071
What defines "modern?"
>>
>>25408169
PS2 generation to now
>>
>Objectively
>includes Undertale
>doesn't include Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>25408071
Fallout 4 and Undertale need to go. Switch Bastion for Transistor.
>>
Where is Cities Skylines?
>>
File: 1447606721819.png (90 KB, 255x750) Image search: [Google]
1447606721819.png
90 KB, 255x750
>>25408230
patrician taste right here
>>
File: 1451163180726.jpg (21 KB, 254x270) Image search: [Google]
1451163180726.jpg
21 KB, 254x270
>>25408230
are bastion and transistor good? they're on sale and the art is pretty but indieshit is hit or miss
>>
>>25408247
they're both fucking amazing
>>
>>25408247
Clunky gameplay, annoying narrator, shit combat, like three weapons, and stupid "deep" story.
>>
>>25408247
Transistor is actually really fun, it's worth the $4 or whatever it is right now.
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise for best ambience, sound effects and originality.
>>
>>25408191
In that case I think there are much better games then some on your list. For example I'd put one of the Elder Scroll games in place of Fallout 4 (Morrowind most likely). Bioshock Infinite wasn't even the best game in its series, and a pretty mediocre game overall. I'd replace it with Halo 2 or 3. I loved Bastion and Undertale but I don't think they're quite good enough to be on a list like this. Super Mario Galaxy and one of the Mass Effect titles should replace them. I haven't played The Last of Us, but I'll give that one to you because I've heard almost nothing but praise for it. It's all subjective in the end anyway.
>>
>>25408071
Nope
>Halo 5
>Arkham Knight

Fallout is literally reddit: the game
>>
>>25408372
Last of Us is crazy overrated. They hype killed it for me desu. If there had been no hype, I would be been much more satisfied. Beat the game in a night, and no replay value, so eh
>>
>>25408071
>Undertale
I don't get the appeal. Is it really just so popular because of the meme crowd?
>>
>>25408071
Swap out Infinite with something else. Otherwise, fine.
>>
>>25408294
I tried playing the first like 4 times over the last 5 years. I don't understand what everyone likes about it. Are the others better?
>>
>Infinite
>powers are pretty negligible and also CREATE A ___ TRAP
>upgrade system is probably the worst design choice I've ever seen in a modern game
>weapons are generic and somebody decided to add new but equally as bad guns later in the game so your upgraded weapons have less ammo
>enemies are all the same and have nothing beyond basic AI
>really nothing redeemable except for the art direction

>fallout 4
>3 types of enemies which all play the same
>can only finish quests by killing, charisma is pretty bad
>settlements kind of look cool, but don't do anything as long as you leave a few auto turrets around and put beds out in the open

???
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.