[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /sleep paralysis/ or /night terror/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nptcfsDY8j1uo6or5o1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nptcfsDY8j1uo6or5o1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x356
Who /sleep paralysis/ or /night terror/ here?
>>
I bring this post about sleep paralysis back to the first page
>>
>>25407562

Used to get sleep paralysis a LOT. Never saw hallucinations, but had TONS of aural ones. Eventually the fear would jolt me "awake", especially when I'd hallucinate the sounds of growling dogs behind me.
>>
>tfw i can only fall asleep on my back
>tfw i can feel tingles and loud white noise as sleep paralysis comes

what a dreadful feel
>>
>>25407562
i get sleep paralysis, but only if i lay on my back, sleep in late in the morning, and have something obstructing my vision
so far ive seen a xenomorph, a vampire, a butch girl, and a bull
had a night terror once where jeff the killer was looking at me from underneath my blankets, i screamed more than i thought i could and dashed for the bedroom light. it was like i was in a mad trance, had no self control at all
>>
>>25407562
when I lay on my back in the morning
just go to your side like the fetus position
>>
>>25408246
i also hear strange, unintelligible whispers as i try to sleep sometimes, and it takes at least an hour and a half of lieing in bed to fall asleep for me
i hate being a shit sleeper
>>
The good tihng about sleep paralysis is that if you know how you can transition into a lucid dream
>>
Tell me what you know about night terrors
>>
>>25407562
Wellbutrin just makes them worse
>walls full of blinking eyes
>deep sinister laughter coming from some part of my mind
Haven't had any full blown hallucinations yet, but once there was like s flashlight/headlight on my desk pointing in my face, woke up and it was gone
>>
Does anyone else get physical sensations? I can feel the things crawling on me, scratching me, or trying to get my attention.
>>
>>25407562
I have terminal insomnia. I wake up after 5-6 hours and I cannot sleep anymore.

I've tried everything from lifting to benzos, nothing works.

Send help
>>
>>25408892
>5-6 hours
>insomnia
Shut the fuck up, you gigantic faggot.
Try sleeping 3 hours a week and suffering psychosis 24/7.
I have to be hospitalized a few times a month to "catch up" on my sleep with heavy sedation.
>>
>>25408959
>le i have it worse than you so you cant complain meme
I am so tired of this.
>>
>>25407562
Sleep paralysis is so awkward. Being almost awake and unable to move an inch of your body is terrifying
>>
>>25408959

I'm interested, seriously. Tell me what your life is like.
>>
>>25409299
He is full of shit. You'd die if you had that sleep routine for a few months, obviously.
>>
>>25409402

Well, I've read the book "The Family That Didn't Sleep". Really interesting stuff. Lack of sleep will eventually kill you, but it takes more than a few months - they would degenerate over a period of years from a genetic abnormality that was similar to a prion infection.
>>
>>25409299
>inb4 edgy
The beginning of Fight Club is pretty accurate. There is no night or day. You can only amuse yourself with TV and books and puzzles for so long. Your brain is completely fried and you can't handle intense thinking. Constant headaches. Benzos just make you dizzy and nauseous. No appetite, but I keep cooking and learning new recipes to pass the time. My freezer could feed a family for 2 years. Buy lots of useless shit online and gamble in weird foreign poker rooms. Have to pretend that I'm normal at work. Every day is basically the same. All food tastes the same. The world is kind of gray. The few hours I do pass out are blessed. Have awesome dreams. Then I wakeup and the light is blinding and I have to take pain meds for the headaches. It almost makes sleep not worth it.
It's a rare gentic thing that stems from the one Italian village. For some reason, the people there NEVER slept, complete insomniacs.
Because it's such a rare and fucked up disease, I get lots of disability $ and I can take infinite time off work and not be fired.
I just amuse myself with animals and shitposting.
Traveling is kinda fun, cus you can enjoy new places 24/7 and never have to sleep, and you can watch sunrises and sunsets and hear the jungle when all the humans are gone.
My parents are really religious and were convinced I was possesed or a vampire.
Getting exorcised is not fun.
>>
>>25409437

Sorry anon, I find it more believable that you are a robot fucking around on New Year's than that you are LITERALLY a descendant of the family from the book >>25409429 is talking about.
>>
>>25409402
>>25409429
I'm only 20, but doc says I don't have much longer.
If I do more common sedation sessions, I can squeeze out a few more years, but fuck that
>>
>>25409475
Never heard of that book.
Believe what you want tho.
Maybe I am part of that family? Are they Italian?
>>
>>25409402 here
>>25409487
Welp, I guess I was wrong. I am really sorry for you.

>>25409517
Yes I just googled it, it was an Italian family.
>>
File: bruh.png (322 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
322 KB, 400x376
>>25409517

> Maybe I am part of that family? Are they Italian?

stop roleplaying bruh
>>
i get SP on the regular. i remember the first time i got it. i was 17 and it was absolutely fucking terrifying because i thought i was really going to die. every time after that though it's just been like "ugh not this shit again"
>>
>>25409487
Well, you seem like a massive faggot so good riddance.
>>
>>25409545
This.

Pics or didnt happen faggot >>25409487
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.