[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to stop being a sad cunt. What can I do to improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: jaguar-640x427.jpg (97 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-640x427.jpg
97 KB, 640x427
I just want to stop being a sad cunt. What can I do to improve myself? I've been lifting for 5 years and it hasn't helped much at all.

What are some things I can do to improve myself? The idea of going out and socializing scares me, I'm nearly 30 and ive never been to a party or gone out at night to any social events. I also feel like throwing myself into social environment would be bad as i'd stick out like a saw thumb and id fuck up and it would mentally ruin me even more. What are some ways I can ease or train myself into being social?
>>
>>25405196
>saw thumb
sore
>>
>>25405196
>I've been lifting for 5 years and it hasn't helped much at all.
post gains
>>
>>25405236
Im natty, havent made much progress after the first 2 years. The gains aren't worth posting. Im no zyzz or anything close. Basically just "built". Don't have a small waist or good insertions so don't really look aesthetic at all.
>>
>>25405196
It's impossible. There is a very small window in a child's life that determines whether or not they will succeed at socializing. You missed that chance. We all did. There's no way to fix it.
>>
>>25405315
>There is a very small window in a child's life that determines whether or not they will succeed at socializing.
Care to elaborate on that?
>>
Why are you asking
>What are some things I can do to improve myself?

When you should be asking
>How can I be happy and make others happy as well?

The likelihood of you being or ever achieving the status of "best you" via "improvement" is as an idea mainly laughable due to the infinite amount of parallel universes.

Just be the best you you can be under the circumstances and focus on happiness.
>>
>>25405315
Please explain.

My siblings are all perfectly normal. My parents are still together and married after 30+ years. I've grown up in a loving white family caring environment in a middle-upper class environment. My parents are still highly social people, my siblings are extremely popular etc. Im basically the oddity in my family.
>>
Perhaps try talking to strangers? Like you're in a quiet store with no/ few customers and when paying you could ask the clerk whether -item your buying- is any good? You could ask for advice when buying shoes, furniture etc

If things go to shit, you don't have to talk to that person again. You can try accept the feelings of embarrassment/ failure and just try to think that it's ok.You're going to feel awkward for a while, but it's a feeling that will lessen, it's ok.

I used to have anxiety, still sometimes obsess over stupid mistakes I make, but I find the more social I am, the easier it is to shrug off.

The trick is to train yourself to handle the awkwardness/ sense of failure/ despair that comes after somehow. What works probably differs from persons to person.

If you realize you said something weird, you can lessen the impact by saying "that came out wrong" or ""wait, that's not what I meant" or "oh, I misunderstood you for a moment". Being able to joke about something awkward could help, but that's more difficult when you freeze up.

Good luck anon
>>
>>25405196
maybe you should stop lifting, sounds like that's what's making you sad
>>
i lay in bed for days on end sometimes. i don't usually get out for more than a couple of hours a day if that. what can i do to improve? i have literally nothing to do outside of bed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.