[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots, what if some day or night a demon were to steal after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1448314849390.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448314849390.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
Robots, what if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you:

" This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust! "

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?
>>
>>25404292
I would say ok and continue to play video games since it's probably just one of my brain departments acting up again. I'm probably not conscious of the repetitiveness even when I'm sensing it subconsciously, but if it's conscious I would attempt to make a difference.

I don't believe in acquiring a second chance in life, Murphy's law. You do what's in your power and live with it. Sitting around has never brought a change to anybody.
>>
literally hell
>>
That would be hell no matter the type of life you lead. Even if you are high achieving because you are high achieving you will notice more and more mistakes the next time around.

But that depends, are you aware that you are living the same life over and over or not? If you aren't aware then the question is pointless.
>>
DO WE NOT STAND AT A GATE?
BETWEEN THE ENDLESS ROAD OF PAST BEHIND US, AND A SIMILAR ONE WE CALL THE FUTURE AHEAD?

Indeed, we drag both behind us with every step. Do you think I have not been at this very gate before? And will return again the same?

So I say,
DEMON. IT IS THOU, OR I!
>>
>>25405482
You can be aware even if you do not remember the past ones. You may have no clue to the future, while realizing it has happened before and indeed will happen again.

Perhaps you and I have been aware this whole time. Eternal amnesia is our lives.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.