[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social anxiety is considered by some to be caused by the type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nu2379N3SW1rxvp2xo1_500.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu2379N3SW1rxvp2xo1_500.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
Social anxiety is considered by some to be caused by the type of world we live in -- one that involves socializing with a wider variety of people than humans have been used to throughout their evolution.

Do you think the internet gives you anxiety? Everything that I personally expose myself to is highly critical -- I could name any 4chan board, most subreddits (cringe, verysmart, etc.), weird facebook pages -- and I'm starting to feel that that's what made me develop anxiety in part.

What do you think?
>>
I feel like people around me matured a lot faster than me when I was growing up which caused my social retardedness.

While everyone started getting a GF/BF by age 12-13 I was basically the only one who just never saw the point of that and I preferred to spend my time/effort doing other things.

I was probably 20 or so before I actually wanted to try get a GF, by then it was too late, everyone had already developed years of social interaction with the opposite sex while I had zero.

I started lifting at 21 to try and improve other aspects of myself to attract a female but that hasn't worked even after 7 years lifting. I am 28 now. Still a HHKV.

There are literally 12 year old kids who are more socially mature than me when it comes to the opposite sex.
>>
I think it's good to thicken your skin a bit.

When I have discussions on 4chan, I usually just ignore the "faggot", "autist", "fuck you" posts.

I'll even talk to those people and just ignore the mudslinging.

It's good practice.
>>
>>25403252

What I meant to say was, I'll still talk to people who post stupid bullshit--but I'll just ignore the bullshit and discuss the actual content of their posts--if there is any.
>>
prove that you have anxiety and kill yourself
>>
The only thing I'm wondering right now is if Asian Moot has Google wordfiltered to Bing
>>
>>25403274
What's that mean, is that an actual request of OP?

Well I do sometimes make friends when I travel someplace, but it's difficult. I criticize everything I say and there's constant replaying of past events in my mind that I feel guilty or cringe over. I've had people tell me my body language is funny. I bite my nails, have restless legs, other nervous habits.

Some kid called me socially retarded and that really fucked me up, even though the kid himself was a literal autist. It didn't matter who it came from, it was just the criticism.

Is that social anxiety? I don't want it to be, I'm not some fucking Yung Lean kid I just want to be confident again. I've only developed this shit in the past year since I started traveling.
>>
File: 1451630638186.png (24 KB, 823x546) Image search: [Google]
1451630638186.png
24 KB, 823x546
>>25403252
How? Even if those posts aren't even directed at me I will sometimes read them as if they are. Its like my mind is torturing me.
>>
>>25403050
>the internet gives me anxiety
>i have a folder with 4,000 frog pictures to communicate with people on the internet

choose one.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.