[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm afraid 4chan is never going to move on.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: 797 KB.jpg (589 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
797 KB.jpg
589 KB, 1365x2048
How much longer can this site be "red pilled"?

When is 4chan going to start being ironically SJW like it should be?

It's like it's not even contrarian anymore, it's just stuck in a rut.

It's what happens when you get old...
>>
>>25402516
What are you even talking about mate
>>
we aged as a demographic and the hate intensified continually

the forms change; the tendencies do not
>>
>>25402535
We should be trying to make autists mad, not being a site full of them.

We should post more degenerate things all the time. On every board.
>>
This site was liberal af in 08-09 when I got here.

We're all just middle class people who hate taxes, our views haven't changed the parties have merged to one.

The republicans are the system the liberals gave $700 million to bail out
>>
>>25402516
>being ironically SJW
could be mistaken for being actually sjw and no one wants that.
>>
the "respilled" are a joke anyway
>>
>>25402549
But they haven't changed in a long time now. Getting pretty boring and normalfag.

Hating women and Jews? that's something old men do
>>
>>25402601
we need some new material
>>
If anything 4chan is more contrarian than ever, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
>anons arguing the worst of the Star Wars prequels is better than the consensus superior Force Awakens
>anons express disdain for the "overrated" Warriors and Stephen Curry despite them winning 24 straight games to start the season, a historic record and recording two losses to this very day in spite of having injured starters, many anons even proclaiming to like Lebron who is otherwise universally hated among basketball fans and even a great deal of Hall of Famers
>of course 4chan is of the general belief that Tamir Rice should have been gunned down despite what most everyone on social media argues
Maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic but what I loved about 4chan 5, even 10 years ago was people were not afraid to come to their own opinion in spite of how unpopular it may be outside of 4chan, now people do not express their own opinions but those that are guaranteed to get them (Yous)
>>
>>25402602
are you saying there's something wrong with hating women and jews?
>>
>>25402625
hating women and jews is redneck af
>>
>>25402621
This is the new internet. There's nothing that can be done about it.
>>
>>25402621
4chan used to have people posting as if it were a traditional message board. Much longer posts, more thought put into them, less memes.

Then it turned into a chat room for le funny meme spam.
>>
>>25402662
that's quite the normalfag thing to say
>>
>>25402662
But anon, I'm black and I also hate women.
Can't be that redneck.
>>
>>25402690
That's a great point, this is pretty much no different whatsoever than a YouTube comment section, and not even those of today but rather those at the height of YouTube racism.

Anons literally avoid the robot to post short in length shit post that contribute nothing to the discussion, it seems anons of today have such big egos that they need to be hostile and confrontational on an anonymous anime imageboard. In most arguments that you see today people are not really discussing the subject matter but their own personal lives.
>I have a girlfriend and....
>I'm wealthy and...
What does it matter?
>>
File: 1436484598321.png (372 KB, 578x326) Image search: [Google]
1436484598321.png
372 KB, 578x326
>>25402568
I've got a secret for you Anon, you are the autism.
>>
>>25402674
If we had proper moderation it could have at least somewhat of an impact, on /sp/ the moderators are great at banning people for off topic discussion. If our mods and janitors could ban just a portion of the racism and flames it could discourage shit posters, make this a slower board and improve the quality of the post overall.

It's never going to be 2005 4chan again but 2012 4chan would be significantly better than 2015 4chan.
>>
>>25402516
4chan isn't going to change because your dumbass wants it too

go to 100%chan
make your own board
and run it however you want
>>
File: 1433567682065.jpg (19 KB, 569x648) Image search: [Google]
1433567682065.jpg
19 KB, 569x648
>>25402772
There will never be proper moderation as long as it is done for free.
>>
>>25402791
I don't have as much time as I used to when it comes to posting here but I would totally be willing to do a proper job for free, I've gotten tens of thousands of hours out of entertainment from 4chan in the past so I'd see at as a worthy investment. At least if I could just moderate one board I think we could have something fun again, the way it is now it's just not fun or funny anymore.
>>
>>25402843
so email gook and put in an application
>>
>>25402843
Gotta wait for applications to open and it'll only be for a Janitor position, don't think we've had new actual moderators for a very long time. Unless Janitors get more power or they increase the number of moderators, I doubt anything would change. Just think of all the autists they have to sift throw just figure out which ones won't just nuke the site for the lulz.
>>
>>25402881
That's true, just a pipe dream I suppose. I'm not even sure what website I'm going to browse to get a comparable experience to older 4chan when things get a bit worse over time.
>>
>>25402772
there's been some good heavy handed moderation recently, haven't seen a fag thread in days
>>
File: 1451260781858.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451260781858.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>25402924
The time of the old net is over, irony killed everything. Ironic shitposting became normal shitposting which then became just regular posting. And the things that are shitposts today will be the sinew of the website 5-7 years from now.
>>
>>25402582
Shut up you dumb american
>>
File: 1451393289011.png (267 KB, 862x616) Image search: [Google]
1451393289011.png
267 KB, 862x616
>>25402662
classist liberal scum are just as bad as /pol/
>>
>>25402991
Damn shame because for the longest time before I had children 4chan was genuinely one of the only places that could make me laugh. I think I'll stick to /toy/ and a rapidly declining /sp/ if I stick around at all
>>
>>25402772
don't be a newfaggot and demand moderation to fix all your japanese cartoon imageboard problems
>>
>>25403070
I've been here since 2012
I'm a genuine oldfag
>>
>>25403066
wahhhh i've been here since like 05, it was the same shit forever with minor changes, don't be such a faggot, faggot
>>
I see the contrarianism as being because is because the internet has finally reached the peak point of centralization that everything is now one huge blob rather than a collection of fringes that can all decide on their own truth and contrast it against "the others".

People are panicking now that they have to be exposed to other worldviews that challenge their own perception of themselves as the smartest, so they're continually trying to rearrange and refine their worldviews so that it's them as the enlightened minority vs. the rest who are ignorant and blind, but at the same time this is what everyone else is doing, trying to be the underdog. People just keep refining and revising and updating their worldviews, then eventually flipping from black to white, at a speed that keeps increasing and increasing, getting faster and faster, and the whole thing is just accelerating out of control.

It's a classic Red Queen race.
>>
>>25403087
pls see attached
>>
>>25403109
interesting theory anon but kind of a shitty book to reference as it was kinda boring
>>
File: 1426204273146.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1426204273146.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
>>25403066
I'm just hiding over in /m/ waiting for the world to end.

>>25403109
That and memes. Life is becoming a meme.
>>
>>25403097
I've been here since 2004 and it was an entirely different website in 2005, did my anecdotal experience invalidate your own?
>>
>>25402772
It would be significantly reddit.
>>
>>25403165
no, i'm good famiglia pizza pie man
>>
OP sounds like the same faggots complaining about Advice dog spinoffs in 2009

memes come and go faggot and everyone on this garbage site has been spamming them since forever
>>
>>25402932

I like these mods, if only they could permaban a few select trips
>>
>>25403218
Go over to /tv/ and tell me it's not worse than it was before bane-posting.
>>
>>25402772
You. you are the fucking problem mate. didn't moot filter words to 'nigger' years ago?

go back to reddit then you faggot.
>>
>>25403270
at least they confine that shit to designated bane threads for the most part
>>
>>25403270

idiots have always spammed their memes
the only difference between then and now is that there's more of them
>>
>>25403311
Baneposting was the gateway drug for the current state of shitposting in /tv/.
>>
>>25403109
I just don't get why people pretend to believe something just to fit in, on an anonymous forum. Like why /v/ posters collectively love a game like Dark Souls, but hate Dark Souls 2, even though they're pretty much almost identical. And why everyone thought Skyrim was awesome in the first 3 weeks until they found out how much of a mainstream success the game had been. The reddit memes, the comics etc. Then you started seeing posts like "it took me 80 hours to realize how shit this game was".
Like come on we're anonymous for christ's sake. Honestly it's the only part I genuinely dislike about 4chan: this boring attitude of hipster and contrarianism.
>>
>>25403453
because it's fun
that's the only reason why anyone does anything on 4chan

also Dark Souls 2 is garbage
>>
>>25402772
>>25402772
>>25402516
go back to reddit, you really will find exactly what you're looking for there
>>
>>25403509
this desu OP

OComment
>>
>>25403509
Racism is against the rules on every board besides /b/ actually
>>
>>25403536
and yet racism has always been and will always be

you've outgrown the site m8
it's to look towards greener pastures
>>
>>25402662
Wow youre one big bitch nigga

Jews are the absolute worst and of anything rednecks who are largely stupid AF Bible belt tards support Israel, AIPAC and the JOOS
>>
>>25403536
and it's never enforced
you would be a terrible janitor, censoring everything that falls outside of your narrow definition of acceptable discussion
we don't need more people like you shitting up this site
>>
File: CONDUCTORWEHAVEAPROBLEM.gif (301 KB, 136x240) Image search: [Google]
CONDUCTORWEHAVEAPROBLEM.gif
301 KB, 136x240
shut up you stupid cunt, world war 3 is closer than ever before, the world is going down the tubes we can't be just sitting here acting like cucks.
>>
>>25402582
>The republicans are the system the liberals gave $700 million to bail out
>Bush bailed out the banks in 2008
Well, You're almost there. Maybe party is arbitrary and the wealthy are part of both parties for different selfish reasons.
>>
I think 4chan has always been socially right-wing because it's users have an affinity towards analytics and scientific facts, the male brain that wants to categorize and box everything neatly which the right-wing thrives on.

There was just never the desire for people to spout off about their views at every chance they got because that wasn't what hanging out on the net was about. Now that it is, you're seeing a side you never saw before but I'm certain was always there.
>>
If you want heavily moderated, "curated" discussion that doesnt offend your sensibilities, then why not go to the myriad other websites that allow it?
>>
>>25403453
>And why everyone thought Skyrim was awesome in the first 3 weeks until they found out how much of a mainstream success the game had been.
>first 3 weeks
You mean first 3 days.
Then people started getting further into the game, saw the shitty level scaling, the horrible AI, the broken quests, the fast travel garbage, the tiny map, and realized it was always mediocre.
>>
>>25403798
4chan has always been libertarian, arguing against the authoritarian groups most likely to annoy them
Early 2000s this was the religious right, and conservative groups. Now it's the progressive left and liberal groups.

I don't know if its so much contrarianism then having a new set of enemies. Was it contrarian to go against the communists after beating the Nazis in WW2?
>>
>>25402516

red is the color of *TRIGGER WARNING* blood and your mention of it is a microaggression against me! Check your privilege shitlord, you've triggered my PTSD! And I was having such a great day until now!!!
>>
>>25402568
>We should be trying to make autists mad, not being a site full of them.
That's why we are trying to make tumblr mad you autist.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.