[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do anyone else's parents rub the fact that you're alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 130904094024-large[1].jpg (82 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
130904094024-large[1].jpg
82 KB, 800x572
Do anyone else's parents rub the fact that you're alone into your face

>NYE, at parents house because i live here because i am a loser
>parents go out to dinner
>father: have spend spending the night alone in your room anon

>parents go on vacation
>father: dont worry anon one day you'll go on a vacation alone and you can go wherever you want

>a lot of other shit
>and then goes on to always ask me why I'm so miserable/angry all the time

I'm sure you guys will think this is hilarious banter, but I really hate having to get it shoved in my face. I know I'm a worthless, pathetic loser who is likely killing himself and that's hard enough to live with. But having my own father constantly tell me what a loser I am?
>>
Seriously, tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>25400576
i cant tell my dad to fuck off
>>
>>25400503
Parents gave up pressuring me to get a gf ever since I got a job while still in college that pays more than their individual jobs.

As for other relatives, all I have to do is remind them of how much of a failure their own adult children are or ask how their job hunts are going and they shut up really fast.
>>
Not so much no. But I don't like the way my mom is, she has never really expressed concern with how am I and I don't like it. I've been neet for years.
>>
Is that better than parents who are obviously disappointed but mask it with feigned happiness?
Its such a fucked up relationship
>>
>>25400702
Ah yeah, another one of those "paid full time engineering internships making $50/hr working full time while full time student with 4.0 engineering GPA" robots huh?
>>
Tell them you're gay
>>
>>25400738
>didn't even need a 4.0
>just connections

A job is a job and money is money my friend.
>>
>>25400789
plz tell me how to get EE job
>>
>>25400837
Literally start from the bottom and work your way up and make connections (READ: FRIENDS) along the way.

Nothing more to it. If you apply to some high or even mid-level position straight out of college you will have no chance as my classmates are quickly finding out.
>>
I mentioned to my mom not a lot of people wished me a happy birthday since I took the date off facebook. She said it's because I push people away.
>>
>>25400886
that doesnt help.
How did you get your first job?
>>
>>25400906
I applied to a low level position everyone said was "beneath me". I worked my ass off to show I was into it and got promoted relatively quickly since I'm not a dumbass.
>>
>>25400503
He is trying to get you to move out , can't you see it?
>>
>>25400612
Okay, tell him that women are a liability and awful investment in today's age due to feminism and the liberal media poisoning the minds of young women. Tell him that girls will make false rape accusations and will cheat on you, and that you refuse to be a cuck.
>>
>>25400990
top lel jesus christ man he would think i was insane

oh wait he already does
>>
>>25400923
like what kind of low level position?
>>
>>25401486
Lab tech or below. Just do your shit, show you're competent, stay on your boss's good side and show you're interested in doing something more technical and he will likely recommend you when a higher position needs filling.
>>
>>25400990
I think OP's dad is more upset that he has no friends, not about women.
>>
>>25401545
I think he's upset about me overall. He also does the whole "anon, this is how you open a bottle of wine, you should watch in case you ever get a date but that might not be for 5-10 years"

Maybe he should have been a better father to me and I would be normal. But who knows
>>
File: image.png (888 KB, 632x605) Image search: [Google]
image.png
888 KB, 632x605
My mom says I need to start hanging out with people, making friends, and acting like a "normal" person.
She's kind of mad for me for sitting at home getting drunk by myself this New Years.
They all think I'm strange because I just got out of the military and it fucked my head up
>>
>>25400886
>friends
fuck off normie
bloxblox
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.