[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can you accurately determine if someone is a sociopath?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: ya.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ya.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
how can you accurately determine if someone is a sociopath?
>>
ask them..vv
>>
>>25399408
APD test, has to be administered by proffessional, no internet bullshit, also get a 30 or higher
>>
>>25399408
Says 'that's not important, what's important is...' in any form.

This is the essence of trying to crudely silence another, 'don't talk/think/feel about whatever it is that you do, talk/think/feel the way I am telling you to'.

Everyone who does this is an irredeemable shit person.
>>
>>25399489
oh shit i did this a lot. it was in group settings though where we were pitching ideas or discussing things and i'd often say 'i don't really think that matters... well i'm not so sure about that... etc'. i was just trying to be constructive in teh way i wtned something not really in silencing someone though.
>>
>>25399543
>'i don't really think that matters... well i'm not so sure about that... etc'

That, using the first person pronoun, makes it a bit better, but still, such comments are never actually needed. Just stick to facts: 'if you continue doing this with your current priorities, you will probably fail because...', 'I don't want to continue discussing this', and so on.
>>
The look in their eyes
>>
>>25399408
You can't. They slide under the radar. If people could tell they would turn on them in a second
>>
>>25400092
I'm either a psychopath or sociopath, but I can definitely notice it in other people sometimes.

A good indicator is when they laugh or find humor in situations that would normally disturb or sadden a person. Like if you're watching a movie where someone gets tortured and they don't deserve it, the sociopath feels awkward because he's not responding like others do, and will try to laugh it off or deflect the situation with humor.
>>
>>25399408
most sociopaths can't function. stop trying to diagnose assholes as sociopaths.
>>
>>25399489
I say stuff like that a lot. I've been told I'm condescending sometimes too. I have a great fear of being a sociopath, but I thought sociopaths weren't supposed to care about others? Or something? And I care about people too much it seems.
>>
>>25399408
Ask them if they listen to linkin park
>>
>>25399489
Saying "that's not important" with a detailed explanation is not sociopathic, its truthful and helpful. Constantly telling people that their thoughts don't matter could be though.
>>
They're usually very manipulative and irresponsible.

For example they'll repeatedly show up late, despite promises to do otherwise. It'll start to feel like they're doing it on purpose.

They might also fart on you as a sign of disrespect.
>>
A sociopath will usually reveal themselves to another sociopath. Or since they blatantly don't care they will act cruel or callous when they have no advantage in acting like a normie.
>>
>>25399408
If they have autism.
>>
>>25400735
I repeatedly showed up late for stuff when I was a kid, but it was because I was anxious, not trying to bring people down.
>>
>>25399408
be a trained psychologist.
>>
>>25400719
What if you only give a detailed explanation if they ask for one?

>>25400735
>tfw late a lot

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>25400735
i kind of have a friend like this he always says something or and then its impossible to get back to him. he asked me to move out with him and i said sure but now its impossible to talk to him and shit

not really mad at him but now im just done trying
>>
>>25399408
Their nipples point upward. Tried this on a friend and it rly works. GL anon.
>>
A sociopath will be uncaring and thinking only of how to help their own self. This may manifest as antisocial behaviour such as rule/law-breaking, lying, cheating, leeching off others, or simply being inconsiderate and selfish. However more often than not a sociopath will come off as completely normal, possibly even a nicer-than-average person and may be extremely charismatic.
>>
>>25399408
Seems way too interested in winning you over, something about them seems really insincere, way too friendly but they will switch between friend to "I can hurt you" then back to friend like nothing happened.

Also a hallmark is separating you from friends and family and if there's anything wrong its your fault and never theirs.
>>
>>25399408
sociopath is just a pseudo science term for an asshole that doesn't seem to care about other people.

it's all bunk science like the rest of psychology. That's the one thing scientologists got right
>>
they dont react to sudden loud noises
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.