[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here /dealingwithdeath/? All the new years festivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: 1298108908324.jpg (77 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1298108908324.jpg
77 KB, 640x427
Anyone here /dealingwithdeath/?

All the new years festivity has hit me with the realisation that it's been almost 3 years since my Mother passed away.

When it first happened, my first reaction was shock. I didn't really feel anything, no sadness, no anger, nothing. I was actually scared that I didn't love her as much as I thought I did, which would've been surprising because she was like a best friend to me, and she was the world to me.

After the funeral, my take was to just "suck it up, and trudge on". It worked to an extent, after a coupe of weeks, everyone would look at me and say "yeah I'm sure he's alright now". I've never bothered to speak to anyone about it, and none of my family members have attempted to speak to me about it so it's like everyone just left it at that.

Thing is, I'm now 25 now and while it's not as if I break down into tears at the mere thought of it, there are days where I feel like absolute shit, where I think back to all the times I pissed her off and wish I didn't. To anyone who has had to go through this, does this feeling eventually go away over time? would it help to talk to someone about it (even a shrink)?

I just feel as if I dealt with it all in the wrong way.
>>
File: 1451350620546.jpg (868 KB, 3014x4283) Image search: [Google]
1451350620546.jpg
868 KB, 3014x4283
>>25398388
>there are days where I feel like absolute shit, where I think back to all the times I pissed her off and wish I didn't.
>I just feel as if I dealt with it all in the wrong way.
You had a good relationship with her, and you were on good terms when she died, right?
You're allowed to deal with it however you want; it seems like you have some sort of idea of what grieving is suppose be like, but It's not dramatic, depressing, or ruining your day to day life like It's 'suppose to' so you must be doing something wrong, so you look for any reason you can to be upset about it so you feel like you're doing it 'the right way'.

Deal with it however you want, if you're upset about it and want to talk to somebody, then do it.
If you're not upset about it, don't feel like you're doing something wrong.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.