[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 2013 when the internet and 4chan went to shit? I WANT MY OLD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 300x230
Is 2013 when the internet and 4chan went to shit?
I WANT MY OLD INTERNET BACK
>>
>>25397819
Try 2007, newfag
>>
>>25397819
It went to shir when the normies discovered it.
When it stopped being a nerd thing to do.
>>
>>25397871
Very much this senpai desu
>>
>>25397825
correctamundo,
where are the raids, the dramaticas, and the uber trollers
>>25397871
nah went to shit when teeny bops, stormfags, and sad shits complaining about not having girlfriends discovered it
>>
Internet went to shit once ponies stopped being ironic shitposting on /b/ and /co/. Since then it's been one turd after another.
>>
It went to shit thanks to
1. monetization
Content creators do it for money now, not because they love to create. Everything lacks soul or substance and caters to the bottom denominator.

2. identity politics
Everyone takes themselves and their opinions so seriously. Everything has to become evidence for ones worldview and people jump at the chance to start debates and show off how smart they are for (2.5.) likes.

3. centralization - all communities overlap around Facebook and Google, nothing is sacred, all is exposed. Anyone from a 9 year old kid to a 90 year old geezer who so much as opens internet explorer knows about everything from Tumblr down to the deepweeb and everything inbetween, wheareas before you were lucky to graduate from watching Youtube AMVs to Newgrounds.com
Just the other day I hear some barely 15 year old kids talking about Silk Road and Deepweb

4. age - to top it all off, we got older and jaded, things stopped being as exciting as they were when we were 8.
>>
>all these newfags
September never ended, starting in 1993.
>>
>>25398398
>4. age - to top it all off, we got older and jaded, things stopped being as exciting as they were when we were 8.
I disagree with this. I believe the advent of Smartphones were the finale nail in the coffin. I still go on Newgrounds from time to time and occasionally find a few needles in the hay stack. But damn senpai, ever since smartphones everything went to shit.
>>
>>25398398
Good post, will probably be overlooked.
>>
>>25398439
What does that mean again?
>>
>>25398439
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

Original comment donuts made of steel.
>>
sometime around late 2011 - early 2012 is the correct time.
>>
>>25398439
Your father died in 93?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.