[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see psychiatrist >she asks me if I believe in therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1428006168783.jpg (17 KB, 369x352) Image search: [Google]
1428006168783.jpg
17 KB, 369x352
>see psychiatrist
>she asks me if I believe in therapy
>say no
>she says there is nothing she can do for me
>tfw you have to be religious to get help
>>
>>25397526
>Don't believe in therapy
>Go to psychiatrist

What did you think would happen you great nit?
>>
>>25397526
why did u go to the psychiatrist
>>
she's pretty retarded for even saying that. isn't therapy meant to help you believe in therapy?
>>
>>25397563
Maybe she could help me with my pessimism and mistrust in others?

>>25397588
Because of problems I've had for a long time.

>>25397591
I think it is about the placebo effect. If you do not believe in it, it is no reason to even try. I kind of understand her, as too often have I just pretended to go along with stuff while constantly criticizing them and myself. This was with a counselor in high school. He abandoned me pretty much so it did not really help with trusting such people.
>>
>>25397638
>Don't believe in therapy
>"Maybe a therapist can help me!"

Try a tard wrangler first.
>>
>>25397724
Well that's the thing. I either have mental problems, or I am retarded. Or both. I just want help.
>>
psychiatrists are the people who prescribe medications, they're medical doctors not therapists. OP's story would make sense if he said psychologist (because they actually are therapist) but he didn't so i'm calling bullshit.

tl;dr psychiatrists and psychologists are completely different people
>>
>>25397801
I'm just not English.
>>
>>25397801
Or OP doesn't know the difference and just said a word which you could use to infer the meaning of his post.

But congrats on being the billionth person to make this distinction online.
>>
>>25397801
this

and you don't need to have a spiritual connection with your psychiatrist in order for him to treat you, that only applies to psychologists and other similar "therapists"
>>
>>25397882
Well that is what I meant, which checks out with the rest of my post. It fucking sucks as you have to be naive and optimistic for it even to work while a lot of people that need help are nowhere near that.
>>
File: 1447090951997.jpg (49 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
1447090951997.jpg
49 KB, 420x480
>>25397526
>you don't believe in my reasonably priced therapy sessions? Oy gevalt, you must must first commit to these sessions by booking several in advance. Otherwise I simply can't help you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.