[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you lonely robot bastards, spending new years eve alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: drinks.jpg (28 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
drinks.jpg
28 KB, 270x203
Alright you lonely robot bastards, spending new years eve alone isn't easy for some of you, but we'll get through it together. Grab a drink, tell me how you're spending the evening. What's your plans for 2016? Any resolutions?
>>
>>25396526
Frog and the feels thread?
>>
>>25396567
nope, but I got a liquor cabinet here stocked and I'm feeling generous. How's your night going buddy?
>>
>>25396650
Sucks honestly my man. Had a terrible drug problem in the past so now I have to abstain from all mood altering substances besides coffee and the occasional nicotine. Sitting alone in an empty house browsing 4chan is not how I planned on spending my new years.
>>
>>25396526
this year's gonna be good
I'm planning to just spend as much time as possible under the influence of alcohol to some degree
Wonder how different things will go
>>
I'm crying myself to sleep alone today after a lot of alcohol
>>
>>25396684
well it's good that you say those problems are in the past. Especially on new years we see such a glorification of alcohol and drugs among those who know nothing about its potential dark side. Glad you've gotten past that, friend. What have you found in your life as a replacement or alternative to those behaviours?
>>
>>25396705
Not sure how I feel about your game plan, but I do admire your optimism. Hope the new year is good to you buddy
>>
>>25396735
why are you crying? (apparently that's not original)
>>
>>25396705
careful not to go overboard friend, I hope it is a good year for you.
>>25396735
It can be like that sometimes anon, things will get better though, try finding some hobbies you really enjoy and delve into them.
>>25396776
Ain't that the truth, alcohol can be fun for 90% of the population without addictive and self destructive behaviors but the way it and other drugs are glorified these days are ridiculous. Lifting has been one thing that's been a nice hobby in the past couple years as well as getting into art again. Back in uni and am a junior this year at 25 years old so I'm older than 80% of my class but at least I'm trying to get my life on track.
>>
>>25396872
awesome man, you should be very proud.
>>
Had a few glasses of mead and cider with my family, just bombed a point of MDMA and going to sniff a little bump at some point too.

Fuck it all robots. Don't really know what to expect, first time rolling, and I'm doing it alone of course.
>>
>>25396977
Thanks man, been a rough year ended up moving pretty far and losing touch with most of my friends and have been dabbling in the idea of selling weed again to make some extra cash on top of working weekends to help with expenses in school. Probably not the best idea but fuck I am tired of being broke and tried the whole working full time and going to school and it was the worst period of my life besides when I was on drugs.
>>
>>25396843

I basically grew without a father and for the past few yeats i've been feeling the effects of it, he died when i was 10 but it just really hit me when i was like 13 (i'm 19 now),i'm basically a loser now,with no future,and i'm afraid that i will end up like my father who was a alcoholic junkie that got killed because of drugs, growing without a father really affected me,and although i love my mother, but she as a woman couldn't teach me how to be a man, now i lost my entire teenage years being a virgin loser while my friends all moved on and got girlfriends

my father was so nice to me i wish he raised me but he became a junkie amd now i'm here
maybe he became a junkie because of me,but my mom won't tell me about his past
>>
>>25396982
cool man, let us know how its going
>>
>>25397076
I feel bad for the children of junkies even though I practically am a junkie. I hope for the love of god that if I ever have children, I'm clean.
>>
>>25397045
yeah, being poor sucks balls, I feel you there. Also worked during university and that sucked too. Of course the selling weed thing can lead to its own potential disasters as well.
>>
>>25397076
Nobody chooses to become a junkie anon and you definitely didn't drive him to that. It's just the way his brain was wired, none of that was your fault. Sorry for your loss, I hope you find happiness.
>>
>>25396526
>making a tulpa
>>
File: folder.jpg (342 KB, 426x637) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
342 KB, 426x637
>>25396526
>Grab a drink, tell me how you're spending the evening.

Drinking alone talking to you.
>>
>>25397101

yeah the only thing that keeps me moving forward is that if i die,my father's history is gone,he left literally nothing in this world except me,so i can't just kill myself, i need to preserve the small honour he had, unfotunately i just can't,too many problems,never toiched a girl in my entire like,let alone be able to raise a family

he was such a good man to me i don't know what the fuck hapenned.
>>
>>25397076
your dad became a junkie because people sadly become addicted to drugs, I highly doubt that's a responsibility that it is reasonable to take on yourself.

Look man, as much as you consider yourself a loser you are 19. Do you know how many billions of people envy you just because of that? I'm sorry things haven't gone well for you, friend, but I can tell you that I have almost nothing in common with my 19 year old self, and even if you didn't want it to, your life is going to change completely. It will be gradual as fuck, but just take the steps that will eventually lead you to where you want to be. I'm very sorry to hear about your father, brother, I wish you all the best and feel free to vent here if you like.
>>
>>25397115
Still have a job but only work weekend and having school every day and then working all weekend sucks enough as it is I really don't want to go back to then working during the week as well but fuck your right it can definitely bring a whole heap of trouble if your not careful and even if you are it only takes one snitch and game over. It's just super tempting knowing some of the people I know and the possibility of only having to mess with one or two people as opposed to 30-40 like a normal pot dealer.
>>
>>25397161
same here man! cheers
>>
>>25397199
Yeah, it is kind of funny to remember that if I don't reproduce, my family name dies with me. Whatever, it might as well, just a name, I guess I'm less hung up on it than you are. If I do somehow survive and clean up my act, I think I might lean towards adoption largely because my genes are fucked.
>>
>>25397246
well, you'll have to weigh the risks vs rewards, but in considering the worse case scenario, it might be bad depending where you live. Be smart no matter what you choose.
>>
>>25397246
I couldn't ever handle just being a general end user pot dealer. I tried to dip my toes in during high school, but I wasn't social enough to handle that shit. I had the hook up, but I was too much of an awkward robot.
>>
>>25397321
yeah I was always a buy a lb, give four people a qp type of guy. Always had good luck thankfully
>>
>>25397361
That sounds pretty chill.
>>
>>25397377
I got to take a shit, hold down the fort and welcome any fellow loners that might stumble in
>>
I just wanna do something this year. Be something
Finally moved past this girl. Thought I would hate her but its pure indifference, I can't stand her now, its funny how we ended up here
>>
File: folder.jpg (32 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
32 KB, 199x300
>>25397262

Also watching BoJack Horseman.

>the main character is a loser
>just like me!!!
>>
>>25397425
Well at least the girl thing is done.

What do you want to do this year? I'm in a similar situation. I should do shit. I should really do something. I have no idea what though.
>>
>>25397450
your not a loser, playa, enough of that business
>>
>>25397309
very low risks and high reward if my planned method would go through, if someone did snitch though it would pretty much ruin everything I've worked through in uni which is why I'm on the fence.
>>25397321
I did do that version in high school and had a lot of fun and learned what to do and what not to so at least I'd have some experience.
>>25397361
Any close calls or rip offs from fronting stuff out? How'd you know when was your time to quit while you were ahead?
>>25397266
Ehhh you got plenty of time to decide if you want kids or not anon, not something that has to weigh on your mind atm.
>>
having to leave to go take pix of normies since im a photographer for the paper, been putting it off for hours, i hate my job.

I wanted to do real news photography but im stuck in a retirement town.
>>
>>25396684
>Had a terrible drug problem

I know your feels.

I've been off-and-on for a while. Currently on for a longer and longer period. I used to love drinking, but the opiates killed that; now I just stay in all the time instead of going to the bar or hanging out with anyone.

At least you've got the balls to quit and stay off. I can't even stay clean without detoxing, and that takes months.
>>
>>25397477

Thanks

2016... The year I turn everything around
>>
>>25397235

thanks, i really hope one day i'll become a decent person, raise a good family and not abandon my children like my father did

>>25397266

yeah it's weird,but my father wasn't a complete douchebag chad,he had a decent family,was intelligent and all of that,i liked every moment i spent with him even though he visited me once a month, he was older than my mom, and again, while i love her,she was a complete stacy fucking dudes here, my mom is very explosive and blames everyone for her problems and shit.

i honestly wish single motherhood was a meme but its not,it's the absolute truth, those charts about criminals being single childs,its all true bro i garantee,if youre a boy, not having a male figure fucks with your brain
>>
I dunno man. I don't see an out in my life. Losing weight sucks and I don't notice any difference, I don't know how to socialize, and college/future prospects look bleak as ever.
>>
>>25397507
nah, I was always choosy about the people I spotted but kept very friendly and easygoing with them, never showed them even the least concern or ever mentioned the possibility that they would rip me off, just occasionally mentioned how serious the people I got it from were, and it was no lie.
>>
>>25396526
Nothing absolutely nothing. I can barely even handle my family. Why do I want to go out of my way and spend it around other normies.
>>
>>25397658
safe to say most people in this thread (or website) aren't doing much either. But come hang out if you are up for it, post some tunes, or share some feels
>>
>>25397585
what would you like to take in college?
>>
need some music up in here, any body got a good song to share?
>>
i think im gonna go for a walk if it's not too cold.

gonna avoid that resturant a couple miles from here because i know it's going to be packed with social butterflies that are just going to make me feel miserable when they see some short ass black loser walking down the street alone, with a hoodie on, at 10 oclock at night.

fuck me man... i hate this life.
>>
having to leave to go take pix of normies for the newspaper, hate my life
>>
>>25397807
nah, I think that's just in your head, I don't think people would assume you were a loser
>>
>>25397853
if not a loser, then most likely some serial killer or something. i'm afraid of talking or even looking at strangers in the face, outside of work. so of course i'm always looking at the ground.
>>
>>25397523
I know that feel it sucks not being able to go to bars or parties or music festivals without feeling really awkward and out of place. I hope you get ahold of that monkey on your back and strangle that little nigger because addiction is a bitch. Shit I can't think of a darker place than being in the depths of an opiate addiction, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's crazy how after all that pain and misery my mind still thinks doing drugs is a good idea sometimes.
>>25397622
Yea I pretty much have one potential candidate that is a super chill hippy type that would do all the work for me I just have an extremely hard time trusting anyone is all. How long were you in it for?
>>25396526
Op nice thread by the way, I was super bummed and feeling depressed and alone but have now thrown on some music and after talking with other anons am feeling pretty comfy and content just sitting at the house listening to thriftworks while the rest of the family is out partying.
>>
>>25397921
I don't know, I tend to think that people aren't as instantly judgemental is you assume, or even as thoughtful. Maybe some of them think, theres a person, but especially tonight, a lot of them are on autopilot
>>
>>25397921
Being socially awkward is tough man, you can start doing some things to build confidence though that won't cure the awkwardness but will make you seem a little more normal. Try walking with your head up, looking people in the eye more when talking to them, lifting really helped me build confidence and possibly getting a new clothes if you wear anime tee's cargo pants and a trench coat.
>>
>>25397957
geez, about a decade I guess. Started growing my own for the last few years, never really stopped, just moved away from all my connects and decided to leave that behind and start fresh here.
>>
>>25397957
great to hear friend, link a tune for the rest of us
>>
>>25398032
glad you made it out safe I always enjoy hearing about those that played the game and didn't end up in jail.
>>25398060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceoUWhvZMMA
Super chill edm artist if any other anons are into that type of stuff.
>>
Clock here just struck midnight. Happy New Years Family, hope it's a good one for you all
>>
>>25397957
Thanks; what you've said really hits close to my heart. I wasted my 20s trying to fit in - the only way it was possible was like you said "going to bars or parties or music festivals" after drinking a lot, to the point where I can't recall those memories unless someone brings it up years later.

But at least that was 'socializing' and not being a robot I guess, 'cause the crowd I was with drank as well.

Now, in my 30s, can't drink, and getting closer to being a shut-in day-by-day. No self-esteem, and opiates have lowered my testosterone so low that I'm basically asexual and don't care. Not like the girls these days are anything to be proud of bringing home to mom...
>>
>>25398243
Happy New Year from here in North Carolina, USA.
>>
>>25397978
people really are like that. my mom told me that girls decide whether or not they are going to fuck a guy within the first 30 seconds of meeting him. my uncle also told me that guys know instantly if they would fuk a girl or not.

I also learned the best to way to determine if someone wants specifically girls want to be around someone is through their body language. and after a few years of working in retail i have a faor idea of where I stand with girls my age; in the fucking trenches
>>
>>25398378
oh yeah, I agree pretty much, but when you are a robot walking down the street very few people are judging you unless you stand out like a retard. I also know pretty fast whether I'm attracted to a girl, but I've also had girls where I didn't feel that way and then they started giving me vibes later on and I reconsidered, "yeah, actually that would be kind of hot."
>>
>>25398337
thanks buddy I appreciate it
>>
File: 1437403856601.jpg (84 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1437403856601.jpg
84 KB, 960x540
>>25396526
I'm at my parents house this weekend. Winter Quarter starts Monday and I'm moving back into my apartment on Sunday.

2016 is going to be my year. I have a few important things in the works that could potentially really improve my life. I have a bunch of resolutions, some of which I have already started over the break to avoid a day zero mentality.

1. Get back in the gym. Three days a week. Want to hit 4/3/2/1 by the end of the year.
2. Start running/hiking 3 days a week minimum. Be able to run a sub 7:00 mile and a sub 15:00 2 mile (not a runner so that might sound weird to runners)
3. Stop going home on the weekends (in University).
4. Stop eating take-out every day.
5. Go to every club function. Go out every weekend.
6. Maintain good grooming standards. Clean shave, hair brushed, and haircuts regularly.
7. Finish my lit. backlog.
8. Learn Spanish, French, and Russian.
>>
>>25398314
No problem I know all about how shitty opiate addiction is and I did the same thing in my teens just bouncing around from parties to raves and doing drugs to fit in and now am in my mid 20's and am basically a shut in besides the few friends I see at school or that I do art with. Thing is most of them drink so It's like unless we are doing art or working on school work or possibly lifting it's not really like I'm gonna come to the bar or a party with them. Kinda sucks because I've only got a little more than a year of college left and have been sober the entire time so I have had no fun as far as parties go and it's a lot tougher to meet people when you don't drink or socialize outside of school. I ended up going to rehab and then did like a.a. or n.a. for a few years just to keep the opiate cravings off my back it could work for you as well if you want to stop.
>>
>>25398477
>>25398477
fucking great start man, so many people think that things are going to be different, this will be my year, and have no plans on how to make a change. great job man, good luck and pick yourself up if you fall
>>
>>25398500
>I've been there (A.A. and N.A.) and graduated to the methadone clinics. I've got hope though, it's a glimmer, got to get /fit/ again and employed.

Get that last year of college put away, anon. I quit my junior year, and every year I say next year...I'll go back...now too many years have gone by and I'm not able to stay on a campus for things like senior design and the advanced courses they only have at the main campus.

This -> <- close to an B.S. in electrical engineering and I fucked it up. Probably just gonna transfer to the uni in my new state and get a B.S. in math ('cause I have the credits and every job wants a degree these days).
>>
File: 1438229183453.jpg (991 KB, 1184x4440) Image search: [Google]
1438229183453.jpg
991 KB, 1184x4440
>>25398616
Thanks man, I'm confident I can make a difference. I've never made new year's resolutions before but writing that out felt pretty good.
>>
>>25396526
hey when you get sec ill have a jack and coke.
>inb4 meme drink
but anyways I am watching one punch man tonight, drinking, and gaming.
>resolutions
being fit
>>
>>25396526
My 2016 was already ruined 2 days ago.
>>
Signing up for cardio kickboxing, changing my morning alarm from 8am to 7am so I can meditate before work, selling my useless crap, finally joining a church instead of just dabbling.
>>
Im thinking about taking the nearest sharp object and slitting my wrist desu senpai. The only thing stopping me is knowing that successful suicide by that method is only 20 percent or so. Id likely just end up in a psych ward. Fuck the holidays have been rough this year, not sure i want to live through another. Im drain dry.
>>
>>25397707
I've pretty much settled on biology, but its hard to see myself having a career or doing something beyond graduating
>>
File: tumblr_mfexjxAhNU1qcqz1ko1_500.gif (1001 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfexjxAhNU1qcqz1ko1_500.gif
1001 KB, 500x291
>tfw the guy who makes the wojack bartender thread didnt make one today so that means hes probably out having fun .
I'm glad for him his threads are sometimes the only good thing that happens in my day.
>>
>>25399272
yeah we need more of that sort of positivity here
>>
>>25398822
strong ass jack and coke for my dubdubs nigga
>>
>>25398622
will they not let you use your credits because too many years have gone by?
>>
>>25398921
shit will get better man, it might suck now but if you can find something constructive to put your energy towards it will make you feel a lot better. Ever try meditation?
>>
Spending it in my basement, like every year. online friend had a party-ish thing to go to to, so I've been alone for about 2 hours now. Drinking rum, at this point straight from the bottle. Got a text a bit earlier from oneitis telling me she's drunk but her new bf is there to keep an eye on her so I don't have to worry.

Resolutions for 2016? Well, I was debating between the usual /fit/ stuff, and killing myself. I'm REALLY leaning towards the second.
>>
>>25399805
Drinking alone too my highschool sweetheart that i was with for 6 years txtd me but she left me from some guy nd now has his child so i cant stand to look at her anymore.. i wish i had drugs right now but the only way i get drugs is from old friend whos at a party right now..
>>
>>25399914
Drinking alone is nice. At least this way my super depressing personality that comes out can only drag me down, and not anyone that I like.
>>
>>25399934
Yeah the vodka is starting to numb me out now nd I'm watching one of my favorite movies so I can not think about shit that makes me sad for a bit
>>
>>25399686
Depends on the university and if transferring or not. You may not get the credits, but the course prerequisites may be satisfied. Also, if you are officially 'not enrolled' that period of time may toll. For example, if I was enrolled for 8 years, I'd think so. But if I only went for three, left for 5 years, then transferred to another school that takes 'older students', why not?
>>
>>25400010
Watch "Les 400 Coups" if you want to feel.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.