[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do childhood sexual abuse victims blame themselves for what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: bullied-teen-300x200.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
bullied-teen-300x200.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
Why do childhood sexual abuse victims blame themselves for what happened?
>>
Because it's all their fault.
>>
Most rape victims have massive shame because they enjoyed the experience to some degree.
>>
Are there any stories about people who had childhood sex with adults and liked it?

Some of these hot teachers fucking their 13 year olds must have good stories. I know Mary Kay Letourneau married her student, who else?
>>
>>25395342
How? That doesn't make any sense.
>>
coz we sexy
>>
>>25396225
You were just so irresistible that they couldn't help themselves?
>>
>>25396314
thats exactly what im saying

why else its the only thing that makes sense
>>
Well speaking from personal experience, I blamed myself because I thought I deserved it. He manipulated me to think that way and for a long time I thought that what happened was just an unfortunate outcome for my actions. The abusers generally make the victim feel like they deserved what happened to them, so they don't take any blame. Of course, now that I'm older, I understand that, that isn't the case.
>>
>>25395304
That was a one time with someone of the same age. I don't care much anyway. I still can't get anyone today anyway and I can't achieve wizardhood. it is basically over for me. It like I shouldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>25396314
What about you was so irresistible?
>>
>>25398228
This was meant for this post:
>>25396538
>>
>>25398252
hmmm...... do you really need an answer
>>
>>25398298
Of course I do. I've never met an irresistible girl, so I need to know what to watch out for so I don't get myself in trouble or hurt anyone.
>>
File: 1448013027286.png (185 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1448013027286.png
185 KB, 500x333
>>25395304
probably because they couldn't speak out or did not kill the rapist when they were off guard.
they think about it every day, what could have been done different, the signals they didn't read, etc.

>source: im not a rape victim but i have been stabbed in the back by friends and have done pretty fucked up decisions in my life, im a dude tho.
>>
>>25395304
Because everyone blames them when they grow up.
>>
>>25398354
i have no real point to anything im saying i think thats pretty clear
>>
because they're weak and easy to rape
>>
>>25398484
autistic psycho rapist detected
>>
>>25398484
So they blame themselves for not being stronger? That doesn't make sense, you can't help the fact that you're weak at that age.
>>
>>25398476
Well I whatever made you so irresistible, I hope I never run into a girl like that.
>>
>>25398593
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the fucking thread.
>>
>>25398785
im contributing sir or m'lady
>tips fedora and dramatically lights up a cigar
by pointing your autism and telling you to GTFO
>>
>>25398710
desu mine was child-on-child he was 8 and i was 4
>>
>>25395304
Because subconsciously if they believe they somehow caused it they feel more in control and safe than if they had to accept the fact that things can and do happen that are damaging and there is nothing they can do to stop or avoid it. It's more scary if you realized that you couldn't stopped it or you weren't fit to know how to stop it when it happened. Then it feels like it can happen again and that this universe is just random and fucked.

That's what I heard from someone who was raped as a child.
>>
>>25398632
>trying to explain mental illness logically
>>
>>25396681
>Well speaking from personal experience, I blamed myself because I thought I deserved it.

ENJOYED IT fixed
>>
>>25399018
what bullshit
>>
I regularly had sex w/ my dad from the age of 6/. The first few times were his fault but besides that Im more to blame then he was. I used to tease him so he would come to my room later, I think I confused the attention w/ love tbqhwy. Mom died giving birth to me so hes really lonley in the 1st place.
>>
It depends really.
I don't know how most people deal with it, but for the longest time I felt like I was the one in the wrong.
Even now that I'm older I still haven't told anyone about it because I'd hate to see what it'd do to my family.
Seeing my mom upset, my dad pissed, my brothers and their families distraught. I couldn't think of doing it honestly, at least not anymore.
At this point I'd settle for even a private apology.
>>
Serious question robots: How do I help a girl who's suffered serious childhood sexual and physical abuse, self-harm, and seems addicted to abusive relationships WITHOUT fucking her life up more? I seem to be helping in small ways, but it's so slow going and just, fuck, it hurts to see her like this.
>>
>>25400696
You don't.
It's already too late.
>>
I was molested by an old man when I was 13

The shame was innate, I knew it didn't make any sense to feel that way, but I felt that way anyway
>>
>>25399018
That doesn't sound right.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.