[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is it about drugs that completely takes over people? causing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1451221268551.jpg (31 KB, 552x768) Image search: [Google]
1451221268551.jpg
31 KB, 552x768
what is it about drugs that completely takes over people? causing them to waste all their time high and unable to properly function, spending all their money, and sometimes even losing their lives... leaving behind their family and friends that care about them.. do they think it wont happen to them..? do they think they are invincible because cocaine told them so..?

i dont get it.
>>
It's the fun way out.

The majority of people do drugs to escape from life, and it works.
>>
>>25393061
why not just watch anime
aren't they scared of dying
>>
>>25392855
Its something called addiction anon, you get this uncontrollable urge to constantly get the drugs and eventually you lose all inhition and will do literally anything to get the drugs. If you dont get the drugs you suffer from withdrawal symptoms meaning your brain is fucking with you and wants you to get the drugs even if it destroys it. Certain drugs like meth and crack are impossible to break once you HIT ONCE. If you are drug user just use acid, tobacco, weed and ecstasy in some occasions.
>>
>>25393288
wtf? unless you're shooting H, you're not gona die from some recreational drug use.
>>
It's because being high is literally objectively more enjoyable than being sober. It's like a better form of existence. Death, failure, etc. are petty concerns.
>>
>>25392855
>what is it about drugs?

they eliminate BAD and DEPRESING feelings. Drugs, I must say are particularly effective, especially stimulants, opiates and to a lesser extent cannabis.

and yeah,some people have a genetic predisposition to addiction. some can use drugs responsibly and people like me go WAY overboard.
>>
>>25392855
People do that just fine without drugs. Do drugs make people lazy and irresponsible? Or is it more likely that lazy and irresponsible people are drawn to use drugs?
>>
>>25392855

Drugs are really, really awesome.
>>
>>25393608
it's probably mainly due to people being lazy and irresponsible in the first place.
>>
>>25392855
drugs alter brain chemistry.

when a person does coke, or meth they feel great.

they want to still feel great when the coke or meth leaves their system. feeling great is worth more than family to some people.
>>
>>25393288
Well like I said, the majority of people who do it don't care if they die, Like me, I don't want to kill myself because my mother said that is selfish and she'd have to leave work and move house.

So instead, I just hope I get ran over by a car, or I die from some disease.

That's why people kill themselves. If you have no friends or no loving family, well then, you'd probably would've ended it at a younger age.
>>
>>25393288
Because I did that all though college and realized that 1. Almost all new anime coming out recently really fucking sucks, and 2. Just how much of an empty beta I really am.

At least with drugs I can pretend that I don't exist, without actually killing myself.
>>
>>25392855
Because deep down inside people with addiction are unhappy with their life.

They have a hole and it fits it, then it slowly consumes their lives, also drugs are fucking amazing.

And no, this doesn't apply to casual drug users, that's just fun.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.