[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hearing impaired feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: hearingaids.png (35 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
hearingaids.png
35 KB, 250x210
> mfw peaceful sleep every night no matter how loud it is outside
> mfw discreetly turning off my hearing aids when the person I'm talking to is being annoying
> mfw turning off my hearing aids to take tests and exams in near-total silence
> mfw turning off my hearing aids on airplane flights to not deal with crying babies and engine noises
> mfw increasing volume on my hearing aids to get that extra hearing precision, useful in any hobby
> mfw I can detect electricity at will by enabling the telecoil on my hearing aids and hearing loud hums
> mfw enabling bluetooth on my hearing aids to listen to music from my phone, wirelessly
> mfw I have increased visual acuity and lipreading skills from being hearing impaired, useful in every day life
> mfw the hearing aids are sometimes a conversation starter
> mfw normies will NEVER have these feels, earplugs just aren't the same

> tfw being hearing impaired set back my social skills in elementary and middle school because I could never hear anyone even with hearing aids, and as a result even today I still have shit social skills, and they might never recover

None of the benefits are worth it. I could've been a god damn chad if I had normal hearing.
>>
File: CC5AE5bWMAAfP9P.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
CC5AE5bWMAAfP9P.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>25391664
>literal cyborg
>>
>>25391837
Pretty cool desu
>>
Does having hyperacusis and tinnitus count?

I can't go loud places or bars because my dears will die.
>>
>>25391664
I fucking want hearing aids with bluetooth, shit mate
>>
>tfw tinnitus combined with migraines

Also similar to >>25391876 I find clubs to be intolerable unless I bring earplugs.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
Friendly reminder that if you aren't deaf you're normie scum and should get out.

No one with working ears can be a robot.
>>
>>25391664
Sorry m8, at least you got some nice stuff. My ears suck and I have tinnitus. My eyes suck and I have terrible night vision. I also have bad balance and movement issues, I'm guessing from my fucked ears.

I was a tanker in the Army and was around a lot explosions.
>>
File: Obama-Hand-to-Ear.jpg (103 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Obama-Hand-to-Ear.jpg
103 KB, 900x600
it's better than being fully fucking deaf m8, plus that you'd have to be pretty fucking shallow to fall over a hearing aid, so basically the only women that flock away are staceys that you'd never date anyway
>>
>>25392046
M8 are you me, My vision is fucking terrible especially at night, accompanied with 24/7 ringing in the ears and I my balance also sucks.

I've noticed these symptoms are usually together, what is the connection because I've never read up on any studies to o with this shit.

It's got to be something neurological to do with certain sense, idek
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>25391989
>tfw I just noticed Pepe doesn't have ears
>>
>>25392086
Deaf people have deaf culture though, they can get any qt deaf girls they want. Not so with the hearing impaired, both normies and the fully deaf reject us. We're too shit at hearing to fit in with normies, and too good at hearing to fit in with deaf people.
>>
>>25392095
get that shit checked bruh, bad night vision is not good
>>
>>25392171
>too good at hearing for normies
but those normies = staceys. the masses of shitty dating profiles of women trying to get chad and rejecting a guy over being 5'10 or having a haring aid are 1. cunts and 2. they'd never have a matching personality with Anon McRobot

hearing aids or not most women are shit and you just gotta pick out the rare mature ones + get the proper confidence and shit for them to want you.
>tfw like 1 in 300 women is like this
>>
>>25392333
It's not the hearing aids that turn normies off of us, it's the lack of social skills. We don't have social skills because we never got the chance to practice them in elementary/middle/high school, since even with hearing aids we could never listen to anyone.

It's getting better now, and obviously I can find mature women nowadays, but I could've been a full-on normie if I had proper hearing.
>>
>>25392113

Well he is a frog
>>
A very complex feel OP

I have checked my able bodied privilege
>>
>Be deaf
>Read people mention how annoying loud people are.
>Live in the supposed noisy city, in apartment that's dirt cheap because constant noise
>Neighbors constantly complaining to landlord about noisy neighbors
>Don't hear a single thing
>Be at work
>Work at wagecuck-mart as a midnight stocker
>Don't have to worry about people talking to me disturbing me while doing my job
>Boss can't yell at me because can't hear
>If he does, can easily argue harassment of disabled people
It has its benefits.
>>
>>25391664
>> mfw I can detect electricity

why did you include this

are you autistic?
>>
>>25392749
Electrical engineering.

> is that wire live?

Normies have to sacrifice the tips of their fingers to check. We just get to use telecoil.
>>
>>25391664
>> mfw I can detect electricity at will by enabling the telecoil on my hearing aids and hearing loud hums
>> mfw enabling bluetooth on my hearing aids to listen to music from my phone, wirelessly
that's some deus ex type shit, pretty cool anon
>>
File: 1448669070963.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448669070963.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>25391876
>tinnitus
god the fucking ringing just never fucking ends just never fucking ends and I have to have white noise or music so I can ever even sleep because the second there is any silence the fucking ringing comes back in full force
>>
>>25391664
>> mfw enabling bluetooth on my hearing aids to listen to music from my phone, wirelessly

Is this actually a thing? That's pretty neat my friend.
>>
>>25392095
Yeah man its fucking weird, I pretty much only drive at night if its a short trip or really important.

My eyes see two different hues too, its weird. My left eye sees things in a greenish blue hue and my right eye sees things in a yellow/red hue.

Do you get this? Does anyone else?
I never met anyone that did.
>>
I wish I had shitty ears too. That all sounds great.

I fucking hate my normalfag hearing.
>>
>>25393060
I get the eye hue thing too, but it's almost never noticeable.

As for tinnitus, I actually have it in a pretty sweet form, but this might change as I get older. My tinnitus only gets to the point where it distracts me when I've been awake a long time. It's basically the cue for me to go to bed.
>>
>>25392796
>checking a live wire by touching it

That's retarded m8, no professional electrician or electrical engineer would ever do this. It would be like a mechanic checking a cars airbags by driving it at 75mph into a brick wall.
>>
>>25391664
yeah thats neat but hearing aids still look as dumb as a tard helmet
>>
>>25392796
>Normies have to sacrifice the tips of their fingers to check

You're a fucking retard, dude. No way you're EE.
>>
File: garyshrug.png (242 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
garyshrug.png
242 KB, 500x382
>hearing impaired
>never got hearing aids
>>
>>25393207
>>25393186
I'm not EE, just giving an example of where it'd apply. Should've said Comp Eng. I was thinking of tabletop projects running on DC like computers when I wrote that.

I figure telecoil's still useful with AC though, hearing the current is probably faster than using whatever apparatus one does to check if a wire is live.
>>
>>25393154
Man I think we should go to the doctor.
I'm going to checked for stuff like heavy metal poisoning. I grew up in a house with lead paint and I remember a few times when I was little my druggy dad would crack open old thermometers and have me play with the mercury with him.
>>
>>25393266
No its not since you can't specifically tell what wires live and how much current is going through it.
>>
>>25393202
Ever seen someone with in-ear hearing aid capsules? That's right, you didn't, because they blend in so well.
>>
>will never have a real rapport with someone
>tfw you need to either keep asking someone to repeat themselves, or just awkwardly pretend you heard them
>tfw you will never have non-shallow conversations because of this
>tfw you will never have confidence, and therefor a gf, because of this

And to think I already had autistic social skills BEFORE I lost my hearing. God just had to kick me while I was already down.

It's over man. I'm gonna be alone forever.
>>
Anyone got any tips/guides on how to lipread?

I can barely find any resources online.
>>
File: 1451499931422.jpg (430 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1451499931422.jpg
430 KB, 800x800
I consider suicide everynight due to Tinnitus. The only thing that helped me escape the pain was listening to music in the darkness, now even that has been taken away from me.

>tfw only 20 years old
>an entire life of this madness is ahead of me
>>
>>25393580
>>25392995
>>25392095
There is a temporary cure for tinnitus, something I actually found on reddit.

> Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.
>>
File: 1408038775848_0_0.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1408038775848_0_0.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>25391664
>Having a giant ugly ass ear thing on your ear
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>25393725

Tinnitus comes back in 20 seconds after this.
>>
>>25393887
> temporary
Someone could make a killing designing a device that automatically thumps your ears for you like this.
>>
>>25393916

Just gonna go full autismo and start hitting myself in the head while screeching like a bitch.
That way I can also claim neetbux.
>>
>>25391664
How to get hearing impaired? Need to know. I want them so bad now. My social skills are shit now anyways.
>>
>>25391664
Comfy bro
>Until the apocalypse
>>
File: IMG_20151231_200330.jpg (357 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_200330.jpg
357 KB, 960x1280
>>25393858
Pic related are my own hearing aids. While they're easily noticeable, only the mold is visible unless you look closely.

You might be thinking of people with cochlear implants, their aids are fucking huge.
>>
>>25393266
>I'm not EE

Then why the fuck did you claim you were
>>
Surely this scores you points with Deaf girls.

that alone is worth it.
>>
>>25393538
pls guys, this could change my life
>>
I'd rather listen to music properly, thanks.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.