[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /destinedforgreatness/ here Maybe I'm delusional, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 512x288
who /destinedforgreatness/ here

Maybe I'm delusional, but I feel that I am meant to do something extraordinary. I just see myself as too much for this planet, something out there is calling me but I don't know what.
>>
>>25390475
You watched too many movies mate
>>
>have the feeling I need to invent something before I die
>stop talking to friends because they dont understand what lifes about
>stop playing vidya, destroy gaming rig
>ive been alone for the past 2 years and havent made any progress in my life
>no friends and too socially fucked to get new ones
>>
File: BossRoss.jpg (508 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BossRoss.jpg
508 KB, 1920x1080
>>25390591
now that I think of it I probably underwent psychosis but Im kinda enjoying living in my self induced fantasy land
>>
That's just u feeling like ur life is important
>>
>>25390591

sounds like psychosis to me
>>
>>25390621
>>25390631

SECONDS

>>25390622

dubs of truth 2bh
>>
>>25390631
yeah I feel as if I cant go back though
I fell for the just get a gf meme but I couldnt give 2 fucks about whats is socially acceptable to talk about ie fav. movies tv ect.
none of that interests me anymore.
>>
File: Untitledwww.png (25 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
Untitledwww.png
25 KB, 284x284
80% of my time is spent with me thinking I'm actually worthless and will never achieve anything and the other 20% is spent with me thinking that I must be meant for more than I've achieved so far and a really painful knowledge that I'm probably more correct for the 80% of the time
>>
>>25390591

Same, I've alienated everyone because I feel they aren't necessary on my quest for whatever I'm seeking.

I think I'm going insane, but I don't really care.
>>
>>25390591
this minus ever having friends

aside from my current gf

still have no fucking idea what this feeling is, I paint every once and a while and try to create things but nothing special ever comes of it and i feel like i am meant for more than this.
>>
>>25390981

how did you get a gf like that, you tall?
>>
>>25390475

i think a lot of us have felt that way at one point.

they're called delusions of grandeur, and you're absolutely wrong. i think it's just a symptom of the "everybody gets a trophy" generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgU71nWCNeY
>>
>>25391099

No it's something different

Like no anything to do with real life, it's like I'm meant to be fighting dragons or something away from reality. What matters on this earth will not matter where I am seeking
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 251x242
Same, seeing other people with these same views just puts me back in reality, we cant all be great senpai.
>>
I know that feeling.
I feel like I'm somehow gonna make a lot of money one day, even though I haven't even finished school.

I'm probably just going insane.
>>
>>25391099
>fight club
>delusions of grandeur
>everyone gets a trophy

FUCK OFF.

You retarded faggot, I bet you will turn around and convince ither people that life is worth living after all after espousing this bullshit.
>>
I know that feeling.

in fact I understand what it is now.

you need to calm down and stop acting like you are some hot shit. you are a human being. If you really understand that part, you will be far ahead a decent amount of people on this planet.

peace.
>>
File: lal.png (23 KB, 166x200) Image search: [Google]
lal.png
23 KB, 166x200
>this delusional as fuck thread

Thanks guys, I really needed the laughs.
>>
>>25390475
I've always felt that the only way for me to do something special was to join the military. But then that makes me depressed realizing no one would be at my farewell or return party.
>>
>>25392027

Get the fuck out of here normie, you normie fucking idiot sheep
>>
File: 1449092451282.png (79 KB, 264x196) Image search: [Google]
1449092451282.png
79 KB, 264x196
>>25390947
Holy shit, this thread has shown me I'm experiencing psychosis and the past 3 fucking year of my life including important decisions I've made are a lie and based entirely off mental illness. Fuck.
>>
>>25392090
I'm not a normie friend, I'm just not delusional enough to think that I'm going to make something of my life. It's a coping mechanism to deal with your failed existence, nobody on this board will achieve greatness. You've just got to try and deal with the shitty hand you've been dealt.
>>
Fuck off, this thread is my fucking mind for the last two years. I thought I was over it but there are definitely some signs of it cropping up more and more.
>>
I feel like a lot of people who can be tagged as INFPs may be undergoing psychosis.

circumstances fucked them up. But whatever the circumstances we can all grow and learn.
>>
One time I gave away all my TF2 items and deleted all my friends from steam when I was psychotic. Still am I guess. Feelsbad
>>
>>25392187

You don't get it, im not talking about being rich or famous. I'm talking about transcending this reality and finding something bigger than anything on this planet.

I don't know where to begin though
>>
for thos who want to get out of psychosis.

here's the secret.

change your diet. fruits and vegetable. coconut oil. lemon and olive oil. and CLEAN YOUR INTESTINES.

i just hope you listen. or you can stay psychotic
>>
File: le fedora frog.jpg (25 KB, 230x244) Image search: [Google]
le fedora frog.jpg
25 KB, 230x244
>>25392345
You should consider seeking medical help for your psychotic mental state.

This rock hurtling round the sun is all we have, everything you've ever felt is just chemical reactions and electrical impulses in your brain.

*tips le fedora*
>>
>>25390716
this hits home. damn.
>>
>>25390475
Yea it's a good excuse not to kill my self. I want to write my name in history as a great philosopher.
>>
>>25390475
OP I BELIEVE IN YOU

I feel the same way, never give up dreaming
>>
>>25390475
>Tfw gonna go fossil hunting this summer
>tfw I'm destined for history books
>>
>>25392345
>I'm talking about transcending this reality and finding something bigger than anything on this planet.

How old are you?
>>
>all these anons throwing around psychosis

Get fucked, fuck you for doling out derogatory titles at your own whim. Believe it or not, most people can entertain thoughts without actually acting on them
>>
>>25390475
Was my birthday a couple of weeks ago 15th, no one inc family cared to contact me. Also we had my grandmothers funeral on my birthday a few years ago, so it also brings up them feels.

I wish wizardhood was real, then my life might have meaning 2016 more of the same
>>
Delusions of grandeur is something that my psychiatrist asked me about, and if she asked about it it probably means something isn't quite right with you OP.
>>
I know I'm not important.

I just want to live a solitary life as far away from society as possible.

If I could spend my days in a remote cabin reading, gardening, fishing, hiking and hunting that would be enough for me.
>>
>>25392743

24, but age is not important I don't think
>>
any online quizes for psychosis?? I can relate to a few things in this bread...
>>
>>25393794
>online quizzes
You see, considering you wouldn't visit a real psychiatrist shows how much you don't actually care and just want to feel good knowing "something's wrong with me that test said so".
>>
File: rodge_driving.jpg (129 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
rodge_driving.jpg
129 KB, 600x448
You should drive all the to Arizona and buy some lottery tickets. You are destined to win.
>>
>>25390475
I feel like this OP. 2015 was the best year of my life and I'm on track to graduate at the top of my class. Things are in motion to make 2016 even better.
>>
>Maybe I'm delusional, but I feel that I am meant to do something extraordinary. I just see myself as too much for this planet, something out there is calling me but I don't know what.

This is an early sign of psychosis (delusions of grandeur). Be very careful OP.
>>
I am destined for greatness. You crabs in a bucket aren't going to keep me down.

>"Confidence is a sign of psychosis."
Fuck you crabs.
>>
>>25390475
Yah the Hollywood Jew made you believe you'll be an actor or rockstar one day, but you won't be. Nobody is destined for shit. Destiny doesn't exist HOWEVER force yourself to accept the fact that you can manipulate things in your life to your liking. Don't let your mind run wild. Our imagination is a trap. Focus on the reality and making it better for yourself. There's always a way.
>>
>>25390475
I just hope reality never wakes you up from your delusions because if it does, it hits hard. Very hard.
>>
File: 1451593668305.jpg (114 KB, 634x664) Image search: [Google]
1451593668305.jpg
114 KB, 634x664
I constantly find myself comparing myself to Brian Wilson. My friends even say my music is "genius".
I'm just scared of someone musically educated destroying me, because I'm largely a hack.
>>
You're gonna die anyway, why the fuck do you care if you're "destined" to do great things or not?
>>
>>25396050

post sample
>>
>>25396091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ogeM-DH6ok&feature=youtu.be

Please tell my why I suck so I can move on
>>
>>25396054
Destined for greatness is an expression. It doesn't mean I believe in destiny or that things are predetermined but based on what I've accomplished so far, what my ambitions are, and what I can imagine I strongly believe that my future is bright.
>>
File: 1441245178782.jpg (36 KB, 500x938) Image search: [Google]
1441245178782.jpg
36 KB, 500x938
>>25396110

sounds like you didnt focus on anything nor did you know what you were trying to do

it shows, really

dont just make weird sounding shit, it must be your core self speaking, it must have some kind of focus
>>
>>25396110
lol

no offense dude but your music is terrible
>>
Think of all decisions you've made that lead you here and let that sink in, OP.
>>
>>25396255
>sounds like you didnt focus on anything
Ok thats a blatant lie, The first section is in Amin and the rest, from about 0:21 on, is in Dmin. aeolian scale
And its not even weird, none of the instrumentation clashes.

I really don't know where you got incoherency from
>>
File: 1448910141659.jpg (197 KB, 639x1136) Image search: [Google]
1448910141659.jpg
197 KB, 639x1136
Iktf, OP

It feels like every event in my life is perfectly crafted as a test, and some times I get the feeling that most people I meet are trying to test me. Other times it's like their trying to parody my life, or deter me. It would just be too much of a coincidence otherwise

Sounds kind of dumb, but I am pretty sure someone is up to something.
>>
>>25396354

you're the only one who can make sense of it imo

check out this label, experimental done right

https://soundcloud.com/ekster-label
>>
>>25396436
>you're the only who can make sense of i
What does that even mean?
Seriously prove how that was in anyway musically incoherent
>>
>>25396110
Meh it's ok, I wouldn't call it genius

It takes times to develop a creative skill so if you're serious about it keep doing it, but don't view it as something that'll give you glory

With creativity you'll probably never make it
It's best to learn a skill or something that you can use in the real world besides your hobby
>>
>>25396462

there's no point, being musically coherent doesnt make it good
>>
>>25395956

Read the thread, I'm not talking about what society perceives a greatness via money and fame.

I'm seeking something that is perhaps only, exisiting in a world that has yet to be discovered.

I am being called I feel, but I don't know yet how to answer the call or where to answer it.

Is it solipsism? Maybe, I don't know, but I see things independent of my "mind" that prove empirically that greatness will be the end for me.
>>
>>25396050
Outside your hugbox I doubt anyone will think you're a genius
>>
im destined for failure, once i completely fail in my life, I'm offing myself to save myself any humiliation.
>>
>>25390475
I have similar thoughts, though not of destiny. For me, it's that I know I won't be fulfilled going down the standard path of success. Maybe this applies for you as well. As for how to address these feelings, I personally am focusing on learning and experiencing new things. As someone on this board once told me, if you aren't satisfied with where you are in life, for better or for worse you have to move and spend your time in a different environment.
>>
>>25396482
>there's no point

I love my God
I lost my dog
Praise holy Christ
He took mine

Did you mean that?
>>
It's weird for me. All I ever wanted to do was to make something for video games. And that thing is music I guess. Though it's surprising that I already made my own concert and working on my second one now. And the ideas I do have for pieces don't sound bad from what my friends tell me.

I just need to hone my skills.
>>
>>25396854

theres no point trying to prove its musical coherence, it's not what matters

what matters is if your music is actually good and in your case we'll just easily forget about it
>>
>>25396785

Yes what I am saying does no apply to standard "success" - fame and money and love. It is something else that is unknown, but I don't know how I can find out
>>
>>25390475
Literally everybody feels like that all the time
>>
>>25390716
This except the percentages are more like 50/50.

It doesn't help that everyone I know of keeps telling me I'm gonna do some important shit either.
>>
>>25396907
That's what I was looking for initially, thank you.
Back to the drawing board for me
>>
>>25390475
Sometimes, I don't think I'll ever be content with just being ordinary because I really do want to be extraordinary at something that I like, and to be well regarded for it, too. I don't know why I'm driven to such lengths, but I am. Maybe it has something to do with my friends from school always showing me up in everything--I don't know--but I'm sure as shit not going live some bullshit bland and complacent lifestyle that so many people die from.
>>
>>25396933

dont just hope people will love it, you must genuinely love it too
>>
File: 1451198324287.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1760) Image search: [Google]
1451198324287.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1760
>>25396110

There's only ideas; no real structure.
You use a large number of instrumentation but it doesn't really mesh. The instruments themselves are in different keys, no real indication of a beat.

If you want to do something try making a simple ABA format, that should get you started. I am here to help as I know your feels.

We all gonna make bro
>>
>>25396973
>>25397069
>the instruments themselves are in different keys
Where?
Also where can I read about more appropiately using instrumentation?
I too feel like i don't have it meshing together
>>
>~110 billion humans have walked the earth
>average joe probably cant name more than 10 people off the top of their head that have been extraordinary (turing, leibniz/newton, einstein, archimedes, galileo, etc)
OP's greatest achievement will be feeding worms with his corpse when he's dead, just like the rest of us

>I just see myself as too much for this planet
>Maybe I'm delusional
indeed you are, m8
>>
>>25396110
I wrote shit like that when I was 16, too. Linear form, just flowing from idea to idea. I'm 22 now with a music bachelor behind me, and my writing is considerably more directed now.
Do you play any instruments? Have you tried making music for your instrument? That could be a good place to start, instead of having your instrumentation all over the place.

The "inspired artist" phenomenon is a myth. Becoming an artist takes practice, and creating an artwork is exactly that - work.
>>
>>25396487
Sounds like some kind of spiritual quest you have in mind.

Do you meditate? Read anything about religion/spirituality? Any preconceived notions where that subject is concerned?
>>
>>25397112
I don't have any sheet music so I can't be exact but when I took conducting we learned about the relationship of how a instrument's base key has to be adjusted for a piece this is a chart.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.apsva.us/cms/lib2/VA01000586/Centricity/Domain/1036/Transp_Chart.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj1pMSZ1YfKAhXHbSYKHVPsABcQFghDMAo&usg=AFQjCNEh1VLZ9kVF4qzhYkDZtaBgws41_w&sig2=2CuyZppzCYwshbxe3SFpdA
>>
>>25397325
I play the Piano and the bass and what I do is I write it on the piano then i copy the stuff into FL or I use my schools recording studio.

I've recently learned all the scales and some other theory and I will admit I kind of developed an ego and for some reason I kind of felt like some master of tonality.

Posting this was a good idea because of replies like this. I kind of freaked out at first but I sat down and thought about it. I have a long way to go and I'm only a senior in HS (18). This was an awakening experience. Thank you so much, really.

Since you mentioned a music bachelor, could you tell me what music school is like? I'm looking at a few and I'd like to prepare.
>>25397480
Thank you I will study this
>>
File: cute snail.gif (2 MB, 420x298) Image search: [Google]
cute snail.gif
2 MB, 420x298
>>25390475
im destined for greatness, in art, every note i play any fucking word i write is a treat for the senses, the real thing, believe me, ill make a dent in the universe, and when i finally get there ill pull this post from the archive and post it with a timestamp and shit.
>>
I felt that way too OP, then I turned 17
>>
>>25397536
It's just music classes with some instrument playing, musicianship, sight singing and specialized stuff.

It's worth it if you put the work in
>>
File: 1451531146067.jpg (174 KB, 640x474) Image search: [Google]
1451531146067.jpg
174 KB, 640x474
>>25397999
And checked
>>
>>25397536
Music conservatories are probably different in different countries. Here's what I had in Norway.
>three year bachelor
>33% was studying classical piano (my instrument)
>33% was music pedagogy: How to learn music and how to teach music to others
>the remaining 33% was a clusterfuck of other music subjects consisting of ear training, theory, analysis, 2nd instrument (for me this was jazz piano, for non-pianists it's basic piano skills), conducting, composing and arranging, music technology, improvisation and whatnot
I choose a pedagogic line. Others choose to specialize in their instrument. Each to their own.
If you want to get into a conservatory or music college, ask any of your music teacher for directions. Also look up requirements online. A typical application involves taking an ear training/music theory test as well as an audition, which typically has some mandatory repertoire I'd start looking at ASAP. Don't worry if you don't get in immediately after high school. The norm is entering conservatories around your 20s.

Knowing all 24 diatonic scales is chapter 1A in tonal composing. Good thing you did that.
Also, if you haven't already, practice all 24 chords (major and minor) in root position, "1st. rotation" and "2. rotation" (I don't know these terms in English), as well as all diminshed chords and their rotations. Now you've covered chapter 1A and 1B.

Next would be learning harmonic analysis, which is reducing chord progressions into tonal functions. The most basic jazz progression, for example, is II-V-I (two-five-one). In c major, this would translate to Dm, G, C. Try learn that in all 24 keys, root positions, and you're starting to grow a bare minimum of flesh on your theory skeleton.
>>
>>25390535
>>25390622
>>25392027
>>25394559
>>25395956
>>25396019
>>25397737
>You'll never be anything!
>You have psychosis
>You have delusions of grandeur
Fuck off
>>
op you owe it to yourself to chase your dream
>>
File: 1351915252275.jpg (338 KB, 1078x729) Image search: [Google]
1351915252275.jpg
338 KB, 1078x729
>>25390475
>I feel that I am meant to do something extraordinary

Same here, OP. That's why I'm trying to fill that void by thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail.
>>
My dream is to write and direct movies and plays. It's kind of impossible, I will cry like a dog. But the child inside of me makes me want to do something special. Not a great piece of art or something like that. I just want to tell stories that for one moment makes you forget about everything else. I just want to get the viewer's attention and make them laugh, cry, get angry and get happy.
Call me pretentious but I know that this I can do and do good.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.