[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to do when you have crippling depression, /r9k/? this isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: dot.jpg (125 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
dot.jpg
125 KB, 2000x1000
what to do when you have crippling depression, /r9k/? this isn't a joke, i feel like utter shit. add to this an existential crisis and the realization that nothing really matters and no one really cares for you and that this construct reality is a illusion, and that there is nothing but pain and suffering, what do i fucking do?

someone talk to me please. I know you fellow robots have been through depression before, but no offense, it was probably about something really materialistic or arbitrary(correct me if i'm wrong) like losing a gf or job or something, i don't know.

god.. will this pain ever end?
>>
>>25388765
well...just be yourself bro...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6WbmWU0QI
You're the only one that can help you
>>
>>25388765
I find distractions

Every emotion is temporary no matter how powerful. Eat some good shit, find an online game to rage at, find some meme thread to laugh like an idiot
>>
>>25388765
I've been living with depression for nearly ten fucking years, OP, and I sympathize. The most important thing you can do to hold onto the little sanity you have left is to find something that has meaning to you, personally. It may not matter in the grand scale of things, but if it brings you or other people happiness even temporarily it's worth pursuing. Distractions are also extremely helpful for getting through depression day-to-day. I find playing the violin to be extremely therapeutic, same with playing easy video games (no opportunity for me to get more depressed), gardening and listening to music with no lyrics. If you don't have any motivation or energy whatsoever, lay in bed if you must but if you can force yourself to even get outside for a few minutes it may make you feel a little better. Don't underestimate the importance of reducing every factor that may be making your depression worse, too. Having a proper diet, getting sunlight, sleeping on a regular schedule, etc.

This all might sound really overwhelming, but I'm trying to give as much advice as possible. I'm sure you can pick through this and decide if anything I said could apply to your situation to help you feel even a little better. It's all about managing your condition, OP, and trying to make it as bearable as possible. The pain might not end, but you can lessen it a hell of a lot.
>>
one bump desu blox
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.