[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I get diagnosed with depression will they make my life easier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1428945817741.jpg (52 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1428945817741.jpg
52 KB, 500x365
If I get diagnosed with depression will they make my life easier?

Or put me on drugs that make me happy?

I've got no other options
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
>>25387922
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs

try it
>>
>>25387922
No, it will make your life even worse. You'll most likely end up in a mental hospital for a couple of years. It's not worth it.
>>
It's different for everybody, for me it was shit. Got put on citalopram which made my depression worse and fucked up my sleeping pattern. Then I stopped taking it and now my parents are badgering me to go and get more SSRIs.
>>
I'm with you OP
Have an appointment with the doc next Tuesday to get myself on antidepressants for the first time. Been depressed for 8 yrs now, always been too ashamed to ask for help. Shit sux.
>>
>>25387922
the drugs dont make u happy on their own, but they make u not be in the shit hellhole of hopelessness ure currently in
>>
>>25387922
I was on them for about a year and a half, and they got me through to a point where I was content with life, or at least happy enough to not want to kill myself every waking moment of the day. I wouldn't say they made me any happier, but it was easier than trying to rough it without the pills. At least give it a shot anon. You've got nothing to lose.
>>
Tbqh lads I'm not even sure if I'm really depressed

I can identify with what depressed people say but I guess my depression usually comes periodically

I'll be happy for a couple weeks but then I'll realise how shit my life is and then Im constantly angry and sad for months
>>
>>25387922
It won't make your life any easier and the drugs won't help.
>>
>>25388597
Could be atypical depression. Especially if you sleep and eat a ton when you get depressed.
>>
File: tom pouring coffee.gif (365 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
tom pouring coffee.gif
365 KB, 400x328
I am on a prescription of Sertraline. 150mg a day. 50mg away from the max dosage.

The problem, is that you must metabolise it better and better the more you take it. After a few months of 150mg a day, I started to feel like shit again. So I stopped taking it, as at this point I felt no different to how I felt before I was on it.

Now, I take none by default, but when I get days where I really think about killing myself, I take anywhere from 50-150mg just once. It hits you REALLY fucking hard when you suddenly start taking it again.

I had 50mg last night, and within an hour I felt sick, had a horrible headache, and I only got 3 hours of sleep. I have literally had no more than 4 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours. My head is hurting. I feel like I need to sleep, but I can't.

I took 150mg once and oh my fucking god I seriously thought I was going to die. Diarrhoea, blurred vision, couldn't swallow properly, constantly peeing, and I didn't get a second of sleep for three days. Didn't go to work that week.

Maybe, since SSRIs prevent serotonin from being absorbed, that my body keeps producing it and I essentially get an acute overdose of serotonin.

On the plus side, I can actually manage not wanting to kill myself now. On the other plus side, I am probably causing a lot of liver damage (and possibly brain damage) by doing this. So maybe I'll end up killing myself, anyway.
>>
SSRIs aren't more efficacious than placebos except in cases of extreme depression. I'd recommend therapy in most cases but drugs can help some people.
>>
>>25389771
Prove it special snowflake tripshit
>>
They'll literally drug you and try to brainwash you with their useless therapies. I'd rather be miserable but still feel like myself then to be turned into an addicted zombie.
>>
>>25389825
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih (dot) gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582668/
>>
>>25388963

Jesus, I was on 50mg of it. Slowly stopped taking it any feel better every day. Never doing drugs again.
>>
Don't ruin your life with an "I'm crazy!" that will remain on your record forever. Mental illness is just a racket for big pharma and "doctors", there's no such thing as a drug that will make you happy.
>>
File: 1450827227914.png (20 KB, 946x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450827227914.png
20 KB, 946x1000
>>25387922
any bots have exp getting on somthing other than the ssri jew pills ?

I can't take this shit anymore but I KNOW ssri's anthe like are garbage that just fuck your shit even harder

Thinking about getting some Tianeptine online or whatever really . I'd give plenty of things a try just no jew pills .
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.