[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>calories in calories out bro. it's that easy Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16
File: fedora.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
51 KB, 370x370
>calories in calories out bro. it's that easy

Do you /fit/fags realize how frustrating it is when you say retarded shit like this?
>>
>hurr durr it's genetic
fuck off fatass
>>
What's the frustrating part, getting those calories out, you fat fuck? :^)
>>
>>25385175
Do you fatfags realize how frustrating it is when you deny a basic truth? Unless you have some sort of illness/disorder (that's a cause for your obesity not a symptom of it), it really is that simple
>>
>>25385175
Op of you can disprove it like you say please do it. You'll change the laws of thermodynamics as we know them and make millions
>>
>>25385285
>>25385301
>>25385304
>>25385331
And the roidheads come out of the woodworks. So convinced of yourselves that you don't even give it a second thought.

/fit/fags are the most despicable, shallow, and stupid people on earth.

Fucking scumbags
>>
>>25385377
Why so mad, tubby?
>>
>>25385377
listen to my story

>be fatfuck
>actually take calories in calories out to heart
>eat less and do some (not even strenuous but just basic) exercise
>fatfuck no more

literally that easy
>>
File: pepe.jpg (21 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
21 KB, 499x499
your a dumb fucking idiot stop inhaling shitty food and eat clean and go to the gym and i promise you the quality of you life will be much better
this goes to all you over weight robots
>>
>>25385377
Hurr I don't understand basic math and can't count my calories. Hurr I don't understand basic science and just want to blame everything and everyone else for my own short comings. That's you op
>>
>>25385445
If I had the willpower to even do that, then I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>25385393
Not mad, just appalled at the lack of self awareness from /fit/fags. It's like all you see are your muscles and the words coming out of your mouth. You don't have the mental capacity to even look past your words and get to the source of why they sound so fucking retarded to a trained ear.

>>25385420
Nice little story there cupcake. Unfortunately it's not true and you and I know it.

Back to the weights you fucking gym rat

>>25385445
Another absolute fool
>>
>lose 20lbs
>family gifts me pounds of goodies and alcohol for Christmas
>feel myself getting fatter

Bad feel
>>
>>25385175
you can't cheat thermodynamics. it's the law
>>
>>25385471
Do you think you're making sense? Have you any idea what the fuck you're talking about?

Of course not. You're out of your element. Go back and renew your gym membership you fucking cockweasel.
>>
File: 1438565875671.jpg (101 KB, 658x792) Image search: [Google]
1438565875671.jpg
101 KB, 658x792
>it runs in my family
>nobody runs in your family
>>
>>25385506
i honestly think this retard thinks its impossible to lose weight KEEEEKKK

if you wanna lose weight then lose weight don't bitch about it. its not us /fit/fags fault that we worked a little bit hard
>>
>>25385506
So assuming this isn't b8 do you realize how much denial you're in? If you actually count your calories and don't lose weight go find a scientist and become a millionare since your body would disprove basic physics
>>
well anyway i just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops OP
>>
Hi OP,

non baiting, ex fatty here. Even though they're being rude, why don't you listen to the calories faggots?

They're objectively right. Please believe me! I genuinely want you to feel better like I do
>>
>>25385175
right now, I'm fucking the girlfriend in the ass that you would have right now if you were in shape
>>
File: 1336935458160.jpg (49 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1336935458160.jpg
49 KB, 180x180
>>25385591

Top Shelf Kek
>>
File: stop_eating_fatty_tn-620541.jpg (45 KB, 317x426) Image search: [Google]
stop_eating_fatty_tn-620541.jpg
45 KB, 317x426
Fat fucks can find any excuse to being fat.Stop eating completely, what do you think will happen? You will start to lose weight. Is it so hard to understand that you lose weight when your body burns more calories than you consume and gets those calories from your stored fat when it can't get that from food?
>>
>>25385648
we aren't being rude he's being a fuck thats trying to defy physics
>>
I started only eating whatever was for dinner for like 2 months, plus some jerky every now and then and lsot 18kgs. It's hard as fuck to just starve yourself, but I'm too lazy to excercise much beyond a small half hour walk.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x404
Is this good way or useless ?
>>
>>25385768
starving is a bad way to lose weight.

Why this is so:

Your metabolism slows down. Your body will burn fewer calories to maintain itself, and you will feel awful. This is bad for weight loss because as soon as you quit starving yourself, you'll gain weight fast because your metabolism has bottomed out.
You will tend to lose muscle more than fat. Your body will naturally try to conserve fat and cannibalize muscle if it thinks it is outright starving. This is bad because your real goal is FAT loss, not weight loss. This is how you have people who lose 100 pounds and reach their "ideal" weight, but still look amazingly flabby. Also, losing muscle slows your metabolism down even further, amplifying the giant horrible rebound effect once you quit starving yourself.
Your life will be a living hell. You'll eventually feel horrible, the diet will fail, and you'll binge eat and regain everything you lost, plus interest.
You want to run a clear-cut, but tolerable calorie deficit to sustain weight loss over the long term. Very obese people may be put on very low calorie diets by their doctor, but these are medically supervised and designed for people who need to lose weight now or suffer severe health problems. Be safe and stick to 500 fewer calories a day than you burn, which is the equivalent of one pound lost per week.
>>
>>25385841
lifting free weights is better anon
>>
>>25385692

i know, i know, some people need a gentler touch than 4chan can offer though
>>
>>25385842
Nice broscience. It's been proven that "starvation mode" doesn't kick in until you starve yourself for 36 hours and even then it's extremely negligible. Your body doesn't reconfigure itself so drastically.
>>
>>25385939
Could you show me where this has been proven I haven't seen anything indicating such
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (368 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
368 KB, 3000x3000
>>25385175
>>25385600
>So assuming this isn't b8
>>
>>25385175
It's not calories, it's carbohydrates. Eat whatever you want, except all forms of sugar, bread, starch, potato, etc. you'll lose like a pound a day
>>
>hurr b-but muh genetics

Do you fatfags realize how frustrating it is when you say retarded shit like this?
>>
>we revolve around the sun, bro

Do you /sci/fags realize how frustrating it is when you say retarded shit like this?

If we revolve around the sun it would stay in one spot in the sky, it's that easy.
>>
>>25385994
Not his job. Your "starvation mode" bullshit is your source to cite. Spoiler alert: it's nonsense.
>>
>>25386006
it does not work that way. If you eat a shitload of calories in protein/fat you are still going to gain weight. Just cutting out carbs is not the solution.
>>
>>25385995
>implying I haven't heard this genetics bullshit a thousand times in my life
>>
>Fatfucks are this fucking delusional
Eat less and move more fatty
>>
>>25386041
It does work that way. I did it myself. try it yourself
>>
Do normal people realize how frustrating it is when they tell addicts "just don't use, bro!"? It's essentially the same principle.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 476x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 476x446
>>25386056
Okay yeah, but /fit/ is populated by about half ex-fats. The purpose of this thread is for millennials to argue with each other. That shit's for reddit. Most of us find it real fucking tedious and don't want it on this board desu.
>>
>>25386091
Then get help fatfuck.
>>
>>25386091
That's part of it, if you're that fat, you probably have a problem with food. You need to psychologically break the connection between food and reward in your mind. Many people lack the mental toughness to do this on their own.
>>
>>25385842
Fuck counting calories, I'd rather just eat less.
>>
>>25385175
But it's common sense.

The patriarchy isn't beaming extra calories into your body brah.
>>
>>25386089
I don't need to loose weight I'm already /fit/
>>
File: 1444965036941.jpg (65 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1444965036941.jpg
65 KB, 500x450
>>25385582
Lol lardass. Just stop stuffing your facehole. Take up drugs to fill the void if you want; at least then you'll have an excuse for how pathetic you are. There is nothing complicated about it. Being a slave to chocolate and fizzy drinks is just sad.
>>
>>25386237
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT COUNTING CALORIES IS YOU ASS HOLE OH MY GOD FUCK YOU I HATE YOU
>>
>>25385175
MUH
METABOLISM
*eats two large McDick's meals*
*sobs into tub of ice cream*
>>
>>25386305
Yes, but counting calories requires additional effort rather than skipping a few meals a week.
>>
>buy a large pizza in the morning
>2 slices for breakfast, 2 for lunch, 4 for dinner
>this is half my daily intake of calories
>drink only water or other no calorie drinks
>supplement with some multivitamins

It's that easy. Literally.
>>
>>25386409
T-thats 2000 calories right there. An entire large Little Caesars cheese pizza has 250kcal per slice.
>>
>>25386409
>Eating nothing but pizza for a day

You need to diversify nigga
>>
>>25386593
Maybe those are MURRICA size pizzas drenched with olive oil. I'm talking a stacked with meat aus pizza that doesn't have a swirl of oil over it like you guys seem to do.
>>
>>25386121
>The purpose of this thread is for millennials to argue with each other
the entirety of 4chan m8
>>
File: mzWP1cb.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mzWP1cb.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>25386703
It didn't used to be.
>>25386630
How big is a large pizza with less than 2000 calories? Just the flour in a large thin crust pizza has about 700 calories for 200g. If you've got an ounce of cheese per slice, that's another 800. I'll cut that in half for your shit-tier pizza though, which gives me 1100 calories with just the flour and cheese, nothing else. Either you're not losing weight or your pizza fucking sucks, kangaroo fucker.
>>
>all the autistic people unhealthily obsessed with fat people falling for the bait that is this thread
>>
>>25386041
It is calories that is the main way to control weight but you can also lose weight by getting to optimal ketosis which would be achieved by restricting carbs instead
>>
File: nig.jpg (2 KB, 129x129) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
2 KB, 129x129
>>25385506
You're a fucking idiot. it is that easy... my story is the same as >>25385420 and i lost 50 lbs. quit being an ignorant nigger-faggot and just go for a run every once in a while you fucking fat fuck.
Before calling people out on being healthy, take some fucking courses at your local community college you fucking NEET.
If you are calling everyone out as a liar, that must mean that you have the correct answer, so go ahead and enlighten us on why you're still 300+ lbs. FOH little bitch.
>>
You tell em OP! *shoves three bags of chips into mouth*
>>
>>25388389
whats a good page to calculate calories with?
>>
>>25386925
Normal pizzas aren't 20cm thick, anon.
>>
>>25388716
>shovels pizza into his face hole
>has no idea what's in a pizza
>one of the easiest foods to make
>uses it for half his nutrition
You... You're not gonna make it.
>>
>>25389023
>he thinks pizza is unhealthy apart from the massive amounts of fat
You only eat frozen pan pizza?
>>
>>25389180
How the fuck is pizza healthy?
It's not even the fat that's the worst part.
>Trans fat
>Processed carbs
>No fiber
>Barely any protein
>Low vitamin/mineral content
It's not something you should eat every day.
>>
>>25389471
>It's not even the fat
That should be amount of fat, not just fat.
>>
>>25389471
Not all pizzas are only cheese. Put some toppings on, damn.
>>
>>25385175
it's literally just eating less and burning more, how can this go over your head ?
>>
>>25389513
Like Mediterranean pizza? Because that shit is dope as fuck. Still not something that's great to make a major part of your diet though.
>>
>>25385175
How does it work then, op? I lost 115 lbs in roughly a year and a half and can bench 275 at 205lbs. Musta been fucking magic or something. Totally not dieting or exercising or thermodynamics. No fucking way that stuff works right?
>>
Genetics are the biggest factor.
>>
>>25386006
You're fucking retarded. Spend some time around places that actually know what they're talking about.
>>
>>25389565
Yeah like that. It astounds me how so many people view a fucking cheese pizza as the norm. In Australia cheese pizza is like a "what the fuck are you doing" type thing. Every pizza has like 5 toppings minimum.
>>
>>25389653
Not even remotely. Variance in metabolism is roughly 15-20% at most. Most fall in the middle. That means worst case scenario you can eat 400ish calories less than a normie without getting fat.
>>
>>25389735
If the pizza is well-made cheese is all you need. When I used to live in New York I didn't even need to order toppings because it's fucking god-tier pizza man. Then I moved down shit where they make shit pizza and I ended up drowning it in toppings because it's bland as fuck otherwise.
>>
>>25389768
No because in the case of excess calories, genetics determine how much goes towards fat and how much goes towards muscle.
>>
>>25385842
Fuck you cunt. Starving yourself works. I lost 80 lbs in 2015. I didn't gain any of it back.
>>
>>25389790
Moved down south. Fuck me.

>>25389796
Yeah, it doesn't have to do with your activity level or anything. Your body just arbitrarily decides what's fat and muscle because why not.
>>
>>25389863
I sit on the couch and am way more fit than most the people I know who exercise. Genetics > all.
>>
>>25389180
>Apart from the fact that pizza is 95% cheese and white flour it's quite healthy.
Ok
>>
>>25389796
Wrong. Hormones influence nutrient partitioning. Genetics can influence hormones, but they're more likely influenced by diet. Eg fat white balding males with bitch tits on a low fat diet (low test due to lack of fat). You're also missing the point of self regulation. If you're getting fat, just stop eating as much as you were. Excess calories are only an issue if you lack self control.
>>
>>25385175
I'm a 24 year old virgin who has been alone on every NYE ever. Same tonight. But I still managed to not be a fat fuck. I know this is yet another anecdote. But idc, being not fat is fucking easy as fuck even for genetic trash such as myself.

AEHRFDSGDDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGGGG
>>
>>25389912
You're either a high test roodypoo or you're not as fit as you think.
>>
>>25389912
Cool anecdote. What do you even mean by "fit."
>>
>>25390030
Strong, tons of stamina, muscular, lean.
>>
>>25386041
The body's main source of energy is carbs, so if you cut that out the body will think you're starving and break down fat instead. Of course, this doesn't work if you eat a shit load of fat, but since fat quells your apetite better than carbs that's less of a problem.
>>
>>25385175
So you could gorge a fuckton everyday and gain weight. Or you could eat nothing and lose weight. Logically there is some point inbetween where you will neither lose nor gain weight. Find that point, eat any amount less than that and you will gradually begin to lose weight.

I'm sorry dude, but it really is that simple.
>>
>>25385175
I'm a physics major at the University of Chicago.
I can verify that calories in calories out is true, although it is a bit of a simplification.
>>
>>25386036
>makes a claim
>"hey can you site a source for that claim"
>"no u"
Another shit conversation going nowhere.
>>
>>25390060
Haha if you don't lift weights you are not strong. And what's your 5k time?
>>
1. Assume that the rate of weight gain is a continuous function of net caloric intake
2. Observe that a high net caloric intake leads to extreme weight gain. Observe that not eating leads to extreme weight loss.
3. By the intermediate value theorem, there must be a net caloric intake that leads to gradual weight loss.
>>
>>25385377
fuck off tumblr

nobody cares about your frustrations, you either deal with your shitty meals or you don't, try skipping carbs heavy foods for a month and if your gut is still shitty, you're eating too much regardless

for a change eat food that helps stay full, not hungry (remove sugar from any drinks and any other stuff you can, dark chocolate is better), try to consume not too many sweets

literally THAT simple you chucklefuck
>>
>>25389796
Not necessarily, you do have to consider where the calories are coming from as well. If you take in carbs/fat, expect fat. Its just more efficient to store energy as fat. At the very least, if you're taking in protein, and it would have to be in excess for this to even apply, then it has a much more inefficient process to undergo to be converted into fat.
>>25389796
Ha took me a while to get the sarcasm, Yeah if there is muscle to be repaired and you have the the resources (protein), you can predict what your body will do. That's kinda the whole premise behind working out.
>>
>>25385175
>pick thing up, drop it and it falls down, it's that easy
Do you gravityfags realize how frustrating it is when you say retarded shit like this?
>>
To all you "muh genetics" people, how come there were no fatties at Auschwitz? Limit your caloric intake and get off your fat ass and the weight will come off. It's not some magic trick.
>>
>>25390303
Cut the bullshit. If you're refuting common sense, that is, starvation mode is a meme, and you don't provide a source, keep your finger off the submit button.
>>
>>25390086
>The body's main source of energy is carbs, so if you cut that out the body will think you're starving and break down fat instead.
t. broscience
>>
>>25385175
lmao only a fat insecure neckbeard would make a post like this. get in the gym and stop wallowing your self-pity. and yeah it is that simple. ever heard of thermodynamics or physics? also nice b8
>>
>>25385175
>>25385377
lol but it's still calories in calories out you fucking fatass. no one fucking said that genetics make no differences in resting metabolism.

you might have shitty genetics and only burn 1200 calories while idling, while other more fortunate people burn like 2500 while idling, but it is STILL calories in and cals out.

you are just outing less calories because you have shitty genetics/more efficient body.
>>
Anybody try intermittent fasting? I'm thinking about trying it. I'm gonna start with one day a week. I will stop eating at 6-7ish pm (whenever I get luch at work) and not eat until noon the next day. I've heard it works as long as you don't eat garbage for the first meal after the fast.
>>
>>25385506
This is some good bait. Keep it up op
>>
>>25386006
>>25386089
6'9" lanklet here and I'm currently gaining weight on a ketogenic diet. fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
>>25389634
how old are you/were you when you lost all that weight and gained the strength?
>>
>>25389994
wow ur worse than me. do you have steam so we can talk?
>>
>>25391263
I don't want to suck your dick dude. But here's an email 4u [email protected] if you want to talk to me. It's a new year after all so I might as well be social.
>>
>>25391322
lol kill yourself pathetic faggot, i dont want you to suck my dick, just wanted to know how much of a pathetic fag you actually are.
>>
File: 8Months.png (2 MB, 1442x832) Image search: [Google]
8Months.png
2 MB, 1442x832
Proof that something as simple as counting calories can do wonders. 8 months and I'm down 120 pounds.
>>
>>25391364
Well im glad I didnt give you any actual contact info amIrite??? xDD

Now go and socialize with your normie friends and suck some dicks. n i g gar
>>
>>25391192
Did you do it for a month so your retarded body realizes it needs to cull fat for energy?
>>
File: 1448672131863.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448672131863.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
It actually is, OP.

>Calories in
What you put into your body.

>Calories out
Energy your body uses to maintain itself, digest food, keep your brain up and going, provide you with energy to actually do things, etc. There are conditions that make your body slow down and utilize less energy like hypothyroidism. Any energy not used is stored as fat for future use.

You are not exempt from the law of thermodynamics. If you are, suggest you report immediately to the nearest university so doctors can re-evaluate everything since everything they know is now officially wrong.
>>
>>25391420
>Well im glad I didnt give you any actual contact info amIrite??? xDD
but why? you can't know how it would have turned out. my reaction was because you were very aggressive and insulting towards me, a negative reaction to that is foreseeable.

also you're losing it lad. be careful man...
>>
>>25391426
I'm doing it since a year and I'm gaining weight just like I did with a normal carb diet. there's nothing special about being able to store fat when you only eat fat and protein, what the fuck are you on about? every body can do that. it's just that your fucking fatass has a harder time eating as much calories as before if you quit all the cancerous high carb high calory shit.
>>
How do vegetarians get so fat?
>>
>>25391394
damn son what the fuck do you do about all the skin and stretch marks though?
>>
>being fat is genetic, it has nothing to do with food intake
You got to love fatlogic.
>>
>>25391426
lol kill yourself fatass. you jelly because us ectomorphs can eat whatever the fuck we want without getting fat?
>>
>>25385285
well, it's true that some people burn calories easier than others. still not an excuse though.

also, having it hard to lose weight and burn calories is actually genetically superior because it's easier to survive without food
>>
>>25391706

Meat is quite filling. They don't eat it so it's easier to get hungry and go binge on cheese pizza, milkshakes, fries etc.
>>
>>25391706

Well, ice cream, cookies, soda, and chips are vegetarian-friendly
>>
File: 8367910768_7b07bdf424_z.jpg (109 KB, 640x515) Image search: [Google]
8367910768_7b07bdf424_z.jpg
109 KB, 640x515
>>25391706
Overconsumption, just like every other fatty. Just because fruits and veggies are more filling doesn't mean that fatties cannot overeat them.
>>
can anyone explain why there are daily intake requirements for fats, protein etc., but also a daily total calorie target that is exactly the sum of these individual requirements?
>>
>>25391722
Cant really do anything, just have to live with it. makes me wish more and more I had done something before it had gotten so bad. Guess I could always get surgery or have procedures to lighten the stretch marks but that means lots of money and possible large scars.
>>
>>25392125
>The dose makes the poison.
t. Too much or too little of anything is bad for you.

More food than your body is using = fat, clogged arteries, extra weight, enlarged heart to compensate for needing more oxygen etc.

Less food than your body is using = electrical imbalances, burning muscles for energy, cells not communicating correctly, etc.
>>
File: fattiebtfo.jpg (32 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
fattiebtfo.jpg
32 KB, 633x348
Fuck off retard you have done this to yourself, period.
>>
>>25385175
It is that simple, though. I lost 70 lbs. just by eating less and drinking water. I still eat junk food now and I've been just five pounds overweight for several months now.
>>
>>25391394
Stuff like this scares the shit out of me. I feel horrible for people who have to deal with it.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.