[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think schools and their teachers should do more about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: img.jpg (26 KB, 414x262) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
26 KB, 414x262
Do you think schools and their teachers should do more about helping faggots like us when they're still young?
>>
>>25384573
There's really not much they can do unless they enforce some super strict commie style system on EVERYONE, and that wouldn't fly. School staff intervention always ends up making thins 10x worse.
>>
File: 1439819420052.jpg (343 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1439819420052.jpg
343 KB, 700x990
>>25384573
Even if teachers tried to help children be better than socializing, making friends, etc, they'd fail miserably since teachers truly do not care.
>>
>>25384670
if only fatties looked as good as they do in 2d
>>
>>25384670
Not to mention the added bullying.

>Okay class Timmy here is veeery special and need help fitting in. Please be nice to Timmy!

Great. Now you're known as one of 'those kids', or 'that kid'. There's just no way.
>>
Smaller classes, better credentials.

It's VERY important that math teachers' standards be raised, there is a major difference between being proficient at math and being able to articulate and teach it. Everyone has a different way of learning how to solve equations and it's important to focus on 1 on 1 tutoring if need be for the "right brain" kids who get easily discouraged. The last thing they need is to feel like they are stupider just because they weren't taught a certain way of approaching a problem.

English classes could be held to higher standards too. Get the fuck out of here with the American Classic, Great Gatsby/Scarlet Letter bullshit. How many books can you get kids to read that aren't horrible and boring as fuck? Let those books be part of college prep or AP classes instead. Or just trash them completely.

And stop treating these kids like convicted criminals. School trips used to go overseas, now you can't even go out of state without the teacher pulling hundreds of strings and sometimes paying out of pocket. I visited my highschool to pick up some files and the place had like 3 bulletproof doorways, the security measures there resemble that of a mental ward or something. The fearmongering is out of fucking control and just reminds the kids even more that they're not really there to learn, just to learn to adapt to an institutional setting and obey. Young teenagers do NOT need that dystopian level shit when their brains are in such need of useful knowledge. Save it for the disenchanted adults.
>>
I didn't want help when I was young. I had teachers ask me what the fuck my problem was when they saw my test scores, and I just shrugged and told them I didn't care. It's up to us to make the decision to be better.
>>
>>25384573
What they should do is just not go in front of the whole class and have a class dedicated to the discussion of "you shouldn't bully Anon, he's a good boy, what did he do to you?"

If you can't solve the problem, just don't make it infinitely worse. You're the people who drive kids to suicide, not bullies.
>>
>>25384795
I was bullied till 7th grade when the teacher simply said "Anon can give me a list of anyone who bullies him, and I will punish that kid".

The bullying was over, well for me it was, they started bullying other kids lol.
>>
>>25384732
The problem lies with the parents really. Parents of bullies see their kids as alpha and even if the teachers were to say something, the parents would assume the attitude where "Well I taught my kid to tell it like it is, I don't encourage bullying but a faggot is a faggot" etc. And the teachers are utterly at the parents' mercy and basically it's all they can do to avoid getting in between two families arguments, the two families will never try to solve the issue themselves, they will tell the *school* to clean up their mess. The school is expected to raise people's kids, but also intervene as little as possible, there is no possible way to achieve a balance because parents can do no wrong.
>>
File: 1440133663687.png (419 KB, 700x991) Image search: [Google]
1440133663687.png
419 KB, 700x991
>>25384728
Fat girls look so soft and cuddly in 2D. Too bad 3D fat girls smell bad and have disgusting skin.

>>25384732
This. Teachers are cruel.
>>
>>25384670
i think teachers care, they just give up when they realize the enormity of their task. you'd need to be a superhuman to be able to mold 30 fucking kids jammed into a little room into good, knowledgeable people in the time you're given. most parents struggle with just 3 or 4 kids. sorry, but if you want quality education then a massive overhaul to the system is needed, it's not teachers' faults.
>>
>>25384573
No. Coddling breeds faggotry. Children need to learn to fucking cop with life so they won't be overwhelmed by all the shit once they're out of school and have no one to hold their hand anymore.
>>
No, because loneliness is a choice.
>>
>>25384865
I wish I had a sadistic teacher...
>>
I think parents should to more to raise their kids not to be vicious assholes to each other.
The problem is that most adults are themselves bitches and assholes, and/or have no clue how to raise kids responsibly.
>>
>>25384573
Yeah, especially in high school in this day and age most of the younger fresh out from college teachers are not to far out from the loop and are still relatable to the students. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a teacher who tells a kid to talk to you or try to be your friend, you'll never know if that person is ever going to be your closest friend for that time or decades
>>
>>25385195
problem is m8, there is no parenting class.

well, there is, home ed o whatever.

but the people who do those classes are doing it beacse they think it will be an easy credit thus the ones who do it will be shitty

quite ironic amirite
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.